Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #1
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2004 yellow 250r

boots for a budget minded rider

Budget of no more than $150.

Recommend me something.

Last futzed with by greenenvie; April 22nd, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
greenenvie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM   #2
codestp202

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...o-air-rr-boots

Just ordered them. They'll be here on Tuesday so I'll let you know what I think of them. They also have a waterproof version and they're getting amazing reviews.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM   #3
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Can't recommend a specific brand or model but CAN recommend a way to get one. If you aren't picky (which you shouldn't be being budget minded and all ), apply the following equation -> (Ebay + used) = boot
It never fails me
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Good info and recommendations in this thread http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101346
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM   #5
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Good info and recommendations in this thread http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101346
Lol using me as a resource

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM   #6
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Tourmaster Solution 2.0

Brian,

I have the solution - Tourmaster Solution 2.0 boots. I have a closet full of boots, cheap ones, expensive ones, race boots, high tops, touring boots, name brands, off brands. The ones I wear nearly every day - my Solutions.

$107. Durable. Waterproof. Not too hot for year round riding (I'm in the tropics). Good protection. Not flashy, so you can wear them when you get to the store. Nice support when riding. Really, great product. I love finding a good value. Love it. And usually I waste my money looking for it (I'm currently wearing an $8 shirt that supposedly is the same material as my beloved $20 under armour moisture wicking tee - it is crap.) Well, the Tourmasters are the holy grail for bargain hunters.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #7
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

The Solutions look pretty cool too. Chicks dig cool boots!.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...1-riding-shoes

This is what I have. I think you will find that they are totally worth the money, even though they do look a little spacy! I know you're only fixing to spend 150, I would definitely drop the extra 10 to get these babies!
Hoodie Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM   #9
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodie Ninja View Post

This is what I have. I think you will find that they are totally worth the money, even though they do look a little spacy! I know you're only fixing to spend 150, I would definitely drop the extra 10 to get these babies!
I was looking at those but all the guys talked me out of them, because they offer basically no ankle/shin protection

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:41 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodie Ninja View Post

I hope you like broken ankles
AFM #676

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #11
diablos991
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (blue)

Quote:
I agree. He might as well buy a pair of workboots at Payless if that is what you are looking for.
diablos991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #12
mrcrunch
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Can't recommend a specific brand or model but CAN recommend a way to get one. If you aren't picky (which you shouldn't be being budget minded and all ), apply the following equation -> (Ebay + used) = boot
It never fails me
This is what I did. I got a nice pair of SIDI used boots in great shape for about $80 shipped.

The only problem is, now I love them so much. But I don't know how I'm going to afford the my next pair. lol
mrcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrunch View Post
This is what I did. I got a nice pair of SIDI used boots in great shape for about $80 shipped.

The only problem is, now I love them so much. But I don't know how I'm going to afford the my next pair. lol
Crash, wreck em, claim em on insurance
AFM #676

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:14 PM   #14
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Hmmm. I may have to reconsider my decision, haha! Is it due to the fact that there isn't much lateral strength?

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Basically you want your ankle to be restricted, it should be hard to rotate your ankle in a good boot. Likely your boots restrict movement a little, but not much which will allow it to turn in a way that breaks your ankle. A full boot adds stability from your shin to prevent the ankle from turning and twisting. They are also made of stronger material and will help with impact. In my crash, my ankle rammed straight into the car at 25mph, yet I never even had a bruise, shoes like you have, I'd be a broken mess
AFM #676

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM   #16
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Basically you want your ankle to be restricted, it should be hard to rotate your ankle in a good boot. Likely your boots restrict movement a little, but not much which will allow it to turn in a way that breaks your ankle. A full boot adds stability from your shin to prevent the ankle from turning and twisting. They are also made of stronger material and will help with impact. In my crash, my ankle rammed straight into the car at 25mph, yet I never even had a bruise, shoes like you have, I'd be a broken mess
Holy ****! Thanks for the info Jiggles! I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 2 boots...I bought them thinking that they would be good and rugged, but as it turns out they were more of a moto x boot, yet they were marketed as a "street" boot from the place I bought them from. What do you think?

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #17
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Honestly you're going to want a full boot like on the bottom half of this page

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...le+Boots%3ATCX

I have these which I love, they are super comfy and I can walk around in them all day long. Honestly, they are more comfortable than any pair of shoes I own. They are expensive, but so, so, so worth it

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=10461
AFM #676

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Honestly you're going to want a full boot like on the bottom half of this page

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...le+Boots%3ATCX

I have these which I love, they are super comfy and I can walk around in them all day long. Honestly, they are more comfortable than any pair of shoes I own. They are expensive, but so, so, so worth it

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=10461
Awesome! I'll check them out, and i'm glad to hear that they kept at least one portion of your legs safe!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM   #19
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenenvie View Post
Budget of no more than $150.

Recommend me something.
Sorry to Shanghai your post, but I think that this would be good for you to hear too!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:08 PM   #20
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Check this out too. Courtesy of shirosomethingasiany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bQv5P3k#t=457s
AFM #676

Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:10 PM   #21
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Check this out too. Courtesy of shirosomethingasiany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bQv5P3k#t=457s
OH ****!!!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #22
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

No problem on the post hijack. It all is staying on topic.

I really like the Cortech Latigo Air's. The Tour Master Solution's look good as well but for only $40 more and still under budget I think I am going to try out the Cortech's. Plus the Latigo's also seem to be a lot more boot for only $40 more.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #23
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I'm sure some of this is repeated, but there is some of this info on a thread I made a while back when I was looking for boots as well:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98241
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:37 AM   #24
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
No problem on the post hijack. It all is staying on topic.

I really like the Cortech Latigo Air's. The Tour Master Solution's look good as well but for only $40 more and still under budget I think I am going to try out the Cortech's. Plus the Latigo's also seem to be a lot more boot for only $40 more.
I own both the Cortech Latigo Airs and Tourmaster Solutions. The Cortechs are one of the pairs of boots that stay in the closet for daily rides as referenced in my earlier post, though I do break them out about once a week or so. They are good boots, and a good value. You can't go wrong with either choice for the money.

But if you had both, I think you'd find yourself, like me, wearing the Tourmasters more often. I think you'd also find that the leather on the Latigos isn't quite as thick, with not as much support as the Solutions, and less stiff soles. The benefits are that they have a toe slider and a plastic ankle extension protector that the Tourmasters don't. The styling is very different ovbviously, if you prefer that, and they would be allowed for track days. They offer a built in 15 degree forward angle that makes them good for tank-hugging full forward aggressive riding, less so for walking around in. The Solutions work for getting around off the bike once you get there - the Latigos don't. On the bike, I can stand better in the Tourmasters because of the better soles and thicker leather, and find weight shifts easier for the same reason, making them (imho) slightly more fun to ride in for most rides. And because of ergos on the Ninjette (short reach to the handle bars) the 15 degree lean angle doesn't give the Latigos a comfort advantage it might on a bigger sport bike.

I'm not completely sure the Latigos are safer, despite the styling. I'm a bit of a safety nut, so I don't say that lightly. I suspect they'd be slightly better at protecting front/back ankle overextension because of the ankle insert, and the toe slider could be useful if you are going knee down on a corner and don't keep your feet in. Those are both important features. And they are very slightly taller with a better shin impact deflector. But there is overall better support in the Tourmasters - perhaps this is an illusion that would disappear when massive torque is applied, but the Tourmasters feel more solid - less give, more part of my leg. In lower speed crashes at least, I think I'd rather be in the Tourmasters. The material is thicker and the boot is somehow both stiffer and more comfortable.

So it will depend on how you are planning to use them? An inexpensive track day boot? Latigos. Spirited rides in the twisties? Surprisingly, its a toss up. Commuting, daily riding? Solutions by a landslide. Again, though, both are good boots - my favorite and second favorite in my closet of 6 pairs of boots.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:56 AM   #25
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I own both the Cortech Latigo Airs and Tourmaster Solutions. The Cortechs are one of the pairs of boots that stay in the closet for daily rides as referenced in my earlier post, though I do break them out about once a week or so. They are good boots, and a good value. You can't go wrong with either choice for the money.

But if you had both, I think you'd find yourself, like me, wearing the Tourmasters more often. I think you'd also find that the leather on the Latigos isn't quite as thick, with not as much support as the Solutions, and less stiff soles. The benefits are that they have a toe slider and a plastic ankle extension protector that the Tourmasters don't. The styling is very different ovbviously, if you prefer that, and they would be allowed for track days. They offer a built in 15 degree forward angle that makes them good for tank-hugging full forward aggressive riding, less so for walking around in. The Solutions work for getting around off the bike once you get there - the Latigos don't. On the bike, I can stand better in the Tourmasters because of the better soles and thicker leather, and find weight shifts easier for the same reason, making them (imho) slightly more fun to ride in for most rides. And because of ergos on the Ninjette (short reach to the handle bars) the 15 degree lean angle doesn't give the Latigos a comfort advantage it might on a bigger sport bike.

I'm not completely sure the Latigos are safer, despite the styling. I'm a bit of a safety nut, so I don't say that lightly. I suspect they'd be slightly better at protecting front/back ankle overextension because of the ankle insert, and the toe slider could be useful if you are going knee down on a corner and don't keep your feet in. Those are both important features. And they are very slightly taller with a better shin impact deflector. But there is overall better support in the Tourmasters - perhaps this is an illusion that would disappear when massive torque is applied, but the Tourmasters feel more solid - less give, more part of my leg. In lower speed crashes at least, I think I'd rather be in the Tourmasters. The material is thicker and the boot is somehow both stiffer and more comfortable.

So it will depend on how you are planning to use them? An inexpensive track day boot? Latigos. Spirited rides in the twisties? Surprisingly, its a toss up. Commuting, daily riding? Solutions by a landslide. Again, though, both are good boots - my favorite and second favorite in my closet of 6 pairs of boots.
Thanks for the input. I was thinking that the side to side ankle protection of the Latigo's was better, but I will take your worD for it since I have not seen either in person and you own both. Maybe I will grab a set of the Solutions.

My use would just be daily commute and then weekend trips here and there.

Last futzed with by greenenvie; April 23rd, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:04 AM   #26
zzrguy
ninjette.org member

Name: Lostboy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 ZZR 250

what ever you do make sure they have a zipper, I got alpinestars boots one time and they only had velcro and they always came undone so get one with a zipper and velcro!
zzrguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:09 AM   #27
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
And because of ergos on the Ninjette (short reach to the handle bars) the 15 degree lean angle doesn't give the Latigos a comfort advantage it might on a bigger sport bike.
I didn't even think about this point when I ordered my boots. Now they'll arrive tomorrow and I'll find out the hard way that the lean angle could be a hindrance.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM   #28
diablos991
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (blue)

I put over 100 miles on my Tourmasters over the weekend and loved every minute of it!
It's hard to believe such a solid boot is offered at that price.
diablos991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM   #29
nealt
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
I didn't even think about this point when I ordered my boots. Now they'll arrive tomorrow and I'll find out the hard way that the lean angle could be a hindrance.
They should be ok, I have the Latigos and my inseam is about 32.5 and I don't have any issues with them. The reason being how soft they are. They may look supportive but in my mind they aren't at all, probably best suited to street rides of the non aggressive variety.
Btw, I have had mine now for a full season and after wearing them pretty much daily for commutes and weekend rides I have wear on the rear pleated section of the boot.

They display all the traits of a boot of that price range, still better than wearing running shoes or the 3/4 style riding shoes.
nealt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM   #30
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

yeah i ended up getting a pair of Spidi VR6. I hope they don't have the same problem. I figured they looked pretty legit, but I guess we'll just have to find out when they come in!

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #31
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Thanks for the input. I was thinking that the side to side ankle protection of the Latigo's was better, but I will take your worD for it since I have not seen either in person and you own both. Maybe I will grab a set of the Solutions.

My use would just be daily commute and then weekend trips here and there.
Happy to help. I do like both boots, so I don't want to overstate it. I just have an unnatural love for my Tourmasters. Something about finally having a value purchase work out very well after many failed attempts. I do think the side ankle protection on the Latigo's is probably slightly better, but only probably and slightly. It is a closer call than it looks at first. But the Tourmasters do other things better that make them more liveable for daily use (for example, I rode to the beach this weekend, walked about 3/4 mile in them to a lookout point. Comfy. It rained on me on the way back. Dry feet. If you only have one pair of boots, they'll do almost anything for you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
They aren't a hindrance for riding at all. The feature is just not as useful as it might be with a less upright seating position. Quite comfy riding, in fact, no rubbing, lightweight, a good boot. The angle is more of an issue walking - you get ski boot phenomenon.

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; April 23rd, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:31 PM   #32
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

ohhh thats not bad..im used to winter sports lol

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #33
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
The angle is more of an issue walking - you get ski boot phenomenon.
I hate that, but the comfort when riding more than makes up for the annoyance while walking, especially when you consider I have rearset adjusters and WC lowered risers and sit back further to help with comfort/body positioning.

Ski boot phenomenon just makes me walk a little flat footed and duck-like
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #34
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

Alright guys I am going to order the Solutions. How do they run? I wear an 8.5-9 in most shoes.

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #35
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
@greenenvie,

Just did a test on the Latigos and the Solutions to check my instincts that the two boots would be close in lateral protection. They aren't. Side to side bending protection actually much better on the Latigos. Solutions bent with about 10 pounds of sideways force on them. Bend point was just below the ankle protecting insert - without a lateral bar up the side of the boot, the leather didn't hold sideways -- its getting nicely worn in after a couple years of use and while it feels good and snug and comfy, it bends. Latigos held strong at 50-75 pounds (dangled a full suitcase from them). Didn't want to do more and break the reinforcing plastic. So, Latigos feel flimsy (probably the thinner leather) but actually hold pretty well with lateral support due to the plastic inserts. Solutions feel solid sideways when they are on (thicker leather) but don't hold up AT ALL under lateral force. Still love my Solutions as mega practical, all round good at almost everything boot. They'd protect front/back torsion, really solid protection around the foot itself, would offer great abrasion resistance. But they aren't going to do well at protecting ankle from side to side movement. Pretty much would expect the same from any leather boot without inserts along the side of the boot.

For sizing, they are pretty much spot on. I wear size 10.5 and ordered an 11. A bit roomy, so I added a high quality insole, now they are great. You are probably a straight 9. For Cortech, same thing. I'm EU44/US10.5, bought EU45/US11. A bit roomy, but not overly so. Probably you'd also go with 9.

Old April 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #36
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
@greenenvie,

Just did a test on the Latigos and the Solutions to check my instincts that the two boots would be close in lateral protection. They aren't. Side to side bending protection actually much better on the Latigos. Solutions bent with about 10 pounds of sideways force on them. Bend point was just below the ankle protecting insert - without a lateral bar up the side of the boot, the leather didn't hold sideways -- its getting nicely worn in after a couple years of use and while it feels good and snug and comfy, it bends. Latigos held strong at 50-75 pounds (dangled a full suitcase from them). Didn't want to do more and break the reinforcing plastic. So, Latigos feel flimsy (probably the thinner leather) but actually hold pretty well with lateral support due to the plastic inserts. Solutions feel solid sideways when they are on (thicker leather) but don't hold up AT ALL under lateral force. Still love my Solutions as mega practical, all round good at almost everything boot. They'd protect front/back torsion, really solid protection around the foot itself, would offer great abrasion resistance. But they aren't going to do well at protecting ankle from side to side movement. Pretty much would expect the same from any leather boot without inserts along the side of the boot.

For sizing, they are pretty much spot on. I wear size 10.5 and ordered an 11. A bit roomy, so I added a high quality insole, now they are great. You are probably a straight 9. For Cortech, same thing. I'm EU44/US10.5, bought EU45/US11. A bit roomy, but not overly so. Probably you'd also go with 9.
Well crap lol. Now I am wondering if I should spend the extra $40 and grab the Cortechs. Though either are better than the high top work boots I am wearing now. I think that I will still choose the Solutions because of what you say about comfort and about 85% of my riding is commute to work. I am trying to confront this like I do holsters for my firearms. If it is not comfy then I am more likely to not use them.

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #37
nealt
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Well crap lol. Now I am wondering if I should spend the extra $40 and grab the Cortechs. Though either are better than the high top work boots I am wearing now. I think that I will still choose the Solutions because of what you say about comfort and about 85% of my riding is commute to work. I am trying to confront this like I do holsters for my firearms. If it is not comfy then I am more likely to not use them.
Also don't forget that there is always a period of adjustment which you would have to go thru with either. So given a proper fit with either one, then what you would be left with is a more protective boot in the Cortech.
I did read a review on webbike that said I think that the soles on the solutions tend to wear pretty fast.
The nice thing about the Cortech is the upper boot is quite narrow so you can wear it under regular riding pants or over leathers.
nealt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #38
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealt View Post
Also don't forget that there is always a period of adjustment which you would have to go thru with either. So given a proper fit with either one, then what you would be left with is a more protective boot in the Cortech.
I did read a review on webbike that said I think that the soles on the solutions tend to wear pretty fast.
The nice thing about the Cortech is the upper boot is quite narrow so you can wear it under regular riding pants or over leathers.
No argument on protection - my lateral ankle support test has me concerned. Though Solutions actually fit better under gear with a slightly narrower top, making them better under pants and a slightly more practical choice. Of the two soles, I've also found them stiffer and more durable (on my pairs at least - a couple years in on the Solutions and they are holding strong, 6 months on the Latigos show about equal wear). This means it is more comfortable for me to stand on the pegs in the Solutions, something we don't do often on the Ninjette, but with developing world roads, I'm afraid it is a good feature for me.

That said, one of the problems with less expensive gear is quality control at factory, so it is hard to generalize. The Solutions, for example, had a bad factory run (in 2011 I think) that hurt waterproof qualities and caused some bad reviews. They say all was fixed, but it shows a certain variation in product that just wouldn't happen on a $300 boot. Similarly, in another thread a member notes that his Latigo zippers broke immediately after purchase, but my zippers are rock solid. Variation like that means you have to take rave reviews (like mine) or flaming anger about the product with a grain of salt.

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #39
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

I think that with me still being a "new" rider I am going to decide of the Latigo's because of the better protection from a lowside. Are there any other boots in that price range that would compare to or be slightly better than the Latigo's? Used market is hard for me because of my foot size being a little on the small side for men.

Old April 27th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #40
greenenvie
ninjette.org member

I have found that cycle gear carries a boot called the SEDICI Laguna, which is just like the cortech. I am gonna see if my local store stocks them. They are 159.99 but with tax they wil run me about $175 out the door. And I can not find my size(8.5) instock anywhere online. So, I guess I will up my price point to $200 since I can find some VR6's for 199 with free shipping.

Sidi VR6(looks a lot like the latigo but seems to not have such a severe angle)

Spidi XP-3 Boots $219

Or splurg big time and grab the Alpinestars S-MX R Vented Boots for $229. down from $300!