ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old July 8th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #41
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike1020 View Post
So I had googled dry weight - wet weight the ninja has the GSXER beat . must be fluid capacities

Dry weight was just 163 kg (359 lb) [2] making it one of the lightest GSX-R's ever produced.
2004 GSXR 750 - 359.4lbs dry
2013 Ninja 300 - 362 dry

Curb weight
GSXR 434.3
Ninja 385

according to my google searches.

any way my gsxr feels lighter and has ~147 hp before all the mods
Aluminum links, kick stand, fender elim LED signal taillight . Full exhaust , K&N
and it cost me half of what my GF paid for her 300.

Something doesn't look quite right with your numbers there, I think your source is not so reliable. (you got it off wiki didn't you... shame on you ) how does the 300 only gain 23lbs? It has a 4 gallon tank alone. I think the dry weight is lower than they have listed. If you got the gsxr numbers off of wiki that might explain a little as well. 75lbs worth of fluid? Seems like an awful lot?

Wikipedia is not recognized as reliable source, I'd lose my job if I ever referenced something from there

as far as ~147 ponies before mods? dyno or it didn't happen, sorry bro
Liter bikes make in the 150hp range stock. I think gsxr 750 are in the 125 range stock give or take a few my little ponies

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #42
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
One thing about "dry weight" is there is no standard for what that means. For some manufactures it might mean weighing the bike without gas or maybe all fluids. For others it can mean anything on the bike that is a consumable (i.e. tires, brake pads, etc.)

Thus listed dry weights of bikes are not really that meaningful.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #43
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Something doesn't look quite right with your numbers there, I think your source is not so reliable. (you got it off wiki didn't you... shame on you ) how does the 300 only gain 23lbs? It has a 4 gallon tank alone. I think the dry weight is lower than they have listed. If you got the gsxr numbers off of wiki that might explain a little as well. 75lbs worth of fluid? Seems like an awful lot?

Wikipedia is not recognized as reliable source, I'd lose my job if I ever referenced something from there

as far as ~147 ponies before mods? dyno or it didn't happen, sorry bro
Liter bikes make in the 150hp range stock. I think gsxr 750 are in the 125 range stock give or take a few my little ponies
It is just forum talk- so I just used wikipedia. but I guess I could try the specs from the companies.

ninja 300 379.3 - kawasaki.com
2004 GSXR 750 434lbs -

Motorcyclist.com says 127 hp. wiki and MCN say 146 - I guess 127 is more realistic.

I guess I will have to weigh and dyne test my gas 300 and my gsxr lol for more comprehensive comparison. I think It feels like a big difference.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #44
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I'm just bustin your balls, I have little better to do, don't take it personal would hate to start another kitten fight

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #45
Kipawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
I am suggesting replacing fugly stock signals with bright and awesome arrow-style LED signals... there is a very nice aftermarket option as well as Yamaha's own, sold as an accessory.
Hmmmmmmm well On the grey bike don't think they are that ugly as a matter of fact they are growing on me and anything to help the cagers see me is also good! When yo get your FZ you can replace what ever you like! LOL

Plus the Yamaha LED ones don't act like running lights as the stock orange ones do!

Old July 13th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #46
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

Larger signals help others see you...I say if done tastefully, the stock ones are normally best.

I still use my stock ones.
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #47
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
I am suggesting replacing fugly stock signals with bright and awesome arrow-style LED signals... there is a very nice aftermarket option as well as Yamaha's own, sold as an accessory.
I ride with lots of people and I'v never personally seen aftermarkets that out shine the stockers Yamaha gives us. I'm sure they exist, but they're probably very expensive for something that doesn't offer any sort of performance upgrade.

Old July 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #48
Kipawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
Larger signals help others see you...I say if done tastefully, the stock ones are normally best.

I still use my stock ones.

Old July 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #49
Kipawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I ride with lots of people and I'v never personally seen aftermarkets that out shine the stockers Yamaha gives us. I'm sure they exist, but they're probably very expensive for something that doesn't offer any sort of performance upgrade.

Old July 14th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #50
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Excuse me???

http://www.fz-09forums.com/forum/yam...re-thread.html
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #51
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Update? How has the bike been treating you?
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #52
Kipawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Update? How has the bike been treating you?

Amazing amazing amazing! Honestly can not tell you how much I love it. Upright position and more torque than you could believe! Huge smile when ever I ride it.

Upright position so comfortable and the power-torque is great. Feels like your riding a dirt bike. Great on the highway I have no issue up to 140Kmh with wind buffeting.

So in comparison to my 250 I like the additional power and feel that makes it more manoeuvrable. No complaints at all!

Old August 26th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #53
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Looks like it'll be my 2nd bike. Next riding season. =)

Any complaints about the throttle? Any abrupt throttle response? Especially from a stop or cracking the throttle open when you're coming out of a corner?
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #54
Kipawa

Nothing that I have noticed that wasn't operator error of giving her too much in a lower gear or being on and off and back on for some reason. Nothing abrupt due to the bike, this is all cables not drive by wire. The engine braking is similar to the Ninja took me a bit just to find all the proper gears and braking around town as typically it runs lower gear than the Ninja due to the torque and power. I have had none of the issues that are being discussed out there for The FZ-07 or the FZ-09. Truly thrilled with the bike!

Old September 16th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #55
Goom
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 1976 CB550 Cafe, 2011 Ninja 250, 1999 Honda CR125

I'm looking at one of these beauties myself. I'm catching a little crap for not going for the 9, but the 7 is better looking and I've heard more positive feedback on it. The fact that they fit them with Pilot Road series tires from the factory is a nice touch, too
Goom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #56
Kipawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goom View Post
I'm looking at one of these beauties myself. I'm catching a little crap for not going for the 9, but the 7 is better looking and I've heard more positive feedback on it. The fact that they fit them with Pilot Road series tires from the factory is a nice touch, too
The more reviews that get written the more the 7 comes out ahead of the 9 and trust me once you ridden the 7 you will agree. The crap givers are full of crap! LOL.

You will either get Michelins or Bridgestones actually.

http://fz07.org/thread/366/tires-fz-...&scrollTo=3443

Old September 17th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #57
Goom
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 1976 CB550 Cafe, 2011 Ninja 250, 1999 Honda CR125

Picked mine up today Complete with Akrapovic full system, sans baffle. It is absolutely unholy! The only complaint I could come up with is the fact that it is so loud, but I think I'll opt for earplugs over putting the baffle back in since it sounds soooooo gnarly. It's really hard for me to keep the front wheel down I'm definitely keeping that to a minimum though. I'm about as conservative as I can be, but this bike taunts my inner hooligan.

I'm also happy to report that mine came with Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I'm equally stoked on that.
Goom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #58
Kipawa

Quote:
Picked mine up today Complete with Akrapovic full system, sans baffle. It is absolutely unholy! The only complaint I could come up with is the fact that it is so loud, but I think I'll opt for earplugs over putting the baffle back in since it sounds soooooo gnarly. It's really hard for me to keep the front wheel down I'm definitely keeping that to a minimum though. I'm about as conservative as I can be, but this bike taunts my inner hooligan.

I'm also happy to report that mine came with Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I'm equally stoked on that.
Awesome!! Congrats! Pictures please!!

P.S. Ear plugs good idea all the time no matter what, lots of other threads on this here! Trust me from a deaf old guy!

Old September 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #59
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

very cool

Quote:

sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote