ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old July 14th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #161
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I've said it many times before, I'll continue to say it, the F4i is a full blown supersport. It's just from a time when they were still trying to fit a little utility into them for street use. I absolutely looooved mine, an 01 with ghetto plastics lol, I'd trade my 919 to have another if I could. The ergos are nearly identical from the waste up to the 07 600RR, the RR has way more cramped footpegs though. Saw some talk about gas mileage, my F4i consistently got 39mpg, with a high of 42 once and over 40 only a handful of times. My 919 has seen a high of 39, and has been getting around 35, up from 31, lately. though I think there may be an underlying problem causing my low fuel mileage, seeing as it's lower commuting than hitting backroads and being hooligan. F4is are just plain thirsty though, the carbed F4 got 45-48 mpg.

Old July 14th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #162
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's not the same dealer, it's just the "New England Powersports" chain has around 6 dealers scattered around MA and NH...

I just hate if having to look out of state for the bike, it's not convenient at all... plus Razee barely has any used bikes that I can see from their website.

I know the 250s potential, and I bet they are so fun at the track because you can just whip them back and forth, but I would appreciate a little more power on the low end for commuting, the 250 is just a slug in the city unless you're ripping the throttle which is widely uncomfortable to my ears (even with ear plugs!!)

I'm going to set out my options but right now I'm venturing for an F4i.. looks like everyone who owned/owns one says they love it, and the street-ability of the bike puts the icing on the cake, it also looks great.
A 600 won't be any quieter or quicker in the city, the 250 is probably the better bike for getting around. I kept mine for that reason, and was very pissed off when it was stolen.
it's small, light, easy to tip through gaps, quicker off the line than most cars you encounter (yeah a mustang has better numbers, but the driver isn't usually concentrating on what's going on and generally doesn't play drag race the next 50 yards to stopped traffic, if he does you can filter down the side)

Hell I rarely see 3rd in the city, and I use the gearbox like I'm still on the 250

The 250 could definitely do with more open road passing power, but as a city bike it's excellent.

A hot day going through the city on the 675 leaves me sweating like a priest in a playground, I have to shower when I get to work

Old July 14th, 2014, 04:01 AM   #163
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Sell your bike on CL, but buy used at a dealer. If your financing, trying to buy used on craigslist is a major PITA. Unless you can take out a home equity loan.

As far as the F4I being a full-blown super-sport, well it is... it's just a slightly more comfortable and street able bike than the RR.

I still don't think the 250 has enough power, sure it's a fun track bike. There's just one problem, about half of the cars on the road have substantially more low end power (and top end for that matter). I know my car will take one pretty much every time if we aren't launching. On the highway it's absolutely no contest that the car is faster.

BTW, my 600 is much quieter than my 250R was. I only have to rev it to 6,000 or so cruising around town, versus 10,000 on the 250R. (Both bikes had pipes).

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:10 AM   #164
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post

A hot day going through the city on the 675 leaves me sweating like a priest in a playground, I have to shower when I get to work

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #165
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
Sell your bike on CL, ....

I still don't think the 250 has enough power, sure it's a fun track bike. There's just one problem, about half of the cars on the road have substantially more low end power (and top end for that matter). I know my car will take one pretty much every time if we aren't launching. On the highway it's absolutely no contest that the car is faster....
Sure some cars have more pick-up but if another vehicle is traveling/accelerating faster than the 250 can then why would you need to pass it or keep up with it in any street scenario in the first place?

If people on the road are obeying laws the 250 can easily break the law to get past or around them, if people on the road are breaking speed limit already and you find it difficult to get past them... you probably don't need to get past them.

Honest confession time: I generally make 3-4 illegal passes everyday on my way to work on the 250, even the ones done in "legal" passing zones are technically illegal if you catch my drift. Passing people on my way to work on the 250 is way easier than passing people in my WRX which had more than 10x the power and torque

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #166
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
I know the 250s potential

Then why are you in need of more power?

I'll get off my soapbox if you just admit that you only want a SS because they're pretty to look at and you want to look cool. Stop making excuses. Stop blaming the noise it makes, stop blaming 4th or 5th gear that you cruise around in.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Find a 600cc SS bike to ride before going through all the hassle of selling your bike and buying a more expensive one with money you clearly don't/won't have, just to find out that you can't ride the thing worth a damn because you're afraid of it and have no idea what you're doing.

Old July 14th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #167
Whiskey

Quote:

I still don't think the 250 has enough power, sure it's a fun track bike. There's just one problem, about half of the cars on the road have substantially more low end power (and top end for that matter). I know my car will take one pretty much every time if we aren't launching. On the highway it's absolutely no contest that the car is faster.

The trick is to time your approach, if you do the same route a few times you'll pick up on when the lights change & can adjust your pace to roll to the top of the Q just as they go green, no need to stop & start just wind it on and the 250 will slot pretty much anything doing City pace.
I've done a few top end sports cars with that one... Really winds some of the drivers right up, and there's **** all they can do as you're off through a gap between lines of traffic... not that I'm condoning that kind of behaviour

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 06:22 AM   #168
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

I'll get off my soapbox if you just admit that you only want a SS because they're pretty to look at and you want to look cool. Stop making excuses. Stop blaming the noise it makes, stop blaming 4th or 5th gear that you cruise around in.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Find a 600cc SS bike to ride before going through all the hassle of selling your bike and buying a more expensive one with money you clearly don't/won't have, just to find out that you can't ride the thing worth a damn because you're afraid of it and have no idea what you're doing.
Agreed. I don't know where people are living that the 250 is slower than 50% of the cars on the road. I think my bike could break in the 14's, granted it's not stock. I've never had a problem being able to pass people. Then again if someone is doing over 80 in the first place I've never needed to pass them.

This is coming from someone who's car is much faster.

Old July 14th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #169
Whiskey

If it's open road conditions &the guy in front of me wants to do a fair bit over the limit I'm quite happy to let them... I see the blue lights come on before I'm in the **** or I see them slam on when they see the speed trap... Either way I can continue at their pace without as much risk of being caught.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Old July 14th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #170
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Your point is extremely weak because I'm not in need of more power, I only want more power. People who buy fast cars and fast bikes for the street aren't only buying them for the looks, but the fact that they handle extremely well and outperform, they break the speed limit in a simple wrist adjustment, so don't tell me I don't know the 250r is enough, it's sure enough, but more speed would be even better, and I said why earlier.
Quote:

I have already admitted it:
"I won't be thrashing it, and it sure won't be used only for commuting from point a to b, I just want more power, more than the 250r so I can keep the bike for a long time and enjoy it every time I ride it. I love the sportbike look. I can agree that's probably 55% of why I want a supersport so much."

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #171
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Now that we're all on the same page, turbo busa imo.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #172
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Just got back from the dealer. The F4i was beat to crap. Scratches and rust everywhere, broken missing mirror, broken brake lever, dirty, etc.

I guess I'll be saving up for a while until I find a bike worth my time, it's also tough because it's such an old bike... truthfully I'll probably end up getting a 600RR once I have enough money for it.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #173
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

If you want any bike other than a 250 you're most likely a bad human being and I suspect you probably kick puppies.

Also, you are insane if you pay those prices. I paid 7K for an '09 CBR w/ABS at the start of last season.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #174
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

You're moving to FL. Buy the bike up here when the season ends on the cheap and take it down there.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #175
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
You're moving to FL. Buy the bike up here when the season ends on the cheap and take it down there.
Yep. I might have to do that.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #176
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I'm not sure what's going on in this thread but I know I have lost several brain cells skimming through it.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM   #177
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
I'm not sure what's going on in this thread but I know I have lost several brain cells skimming through it.
It's just me being stubborn, don't mind it

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #178
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
traveling a few hundred miles to save decent cash on purchasing a vehicle is non-issue in my book.

There has to be better deals around.

Place near me has a '14 r6 listed at $9k before stealership fees, its white and blue I might have crunched some numbers on it just for funnzies and to really let the fact that I can't buy it sink in, twist the knife ... damn responsibilities

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #179
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

I've got a 636 and an r6 I'll deliver to you that'd come in way under 6k.

Point is dealerships are definitely not the way to go as the banks will happily finance you. Where do you think the dealership finances through?

Gave up on pointing people in the right direction as far as bikes go. Dude just bought a zx10r from me after wrecking his CBR250. Made him sign a no-fault contract. More power to him, I suppose.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #180
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

Point is dealerships are definitely not the way to go as the banks will happily finance you. Where do you think the dealership finances through?

Gave up on pointing people in the right direction as far as bikes go. Dude just bought a zx10r from me after wrecking his CBR250. Made him sign a no-fault contract. More power to him, I suppose.
You do? Plus I've never financed anything in my life so I don't really know what "the bank" will do for me.

Old July 14th, 2014, 12:48 PM   #181
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Quote:
You do? Plus I've never financed anything in my life so I don't really know what "the bank" will do for me.
Actually I lied. Only the 636 is ready to go.

Best bet is to stop by your bank and get pre-approved. Seeing as you have never financed before I doubt they will let you finance it without a cosigner.

A. find a cosigner

B. save up money from your awesome job and put a very large (50% or more)
down payment on it

c. save up money and pay for the whole thing outright

I stayed at a Holiday in Express last night. And worked for a dealership in sales

This stuff may have been covered. Not sure.

Old July 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #182
ds650rida
ninjette.org member

Name: rich

Motorcycle(s): 636 250r

Quote:
Do you have any credit? If not nobody is gonna do anything for you lol

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #183
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Okay I'm going to say it some of the defenses for the 250 on this page are retard. You guys act like it's the best thing ever. Sure the power is adequate, but the Nissan Versa also has adequate power.

There's plenty of reasons to want a 600cc besides looks.

I'm not hating on anyone for thinking the 250 is the best bike for them, but Brian shouldn't have to justify why he wants one. He came here looking for advice on purchasing a bike, not on if he should purchase a different bike. To me it sounds like he already knows he's going to purchase a bike.

His "excuses" are not excuses, they're things about the 250 that BOTHER him, everyone has a right to ride something they enjoy, not something that annoys them. Not everyone likes to ride around at 10,000 RPM just to keep up with traffic...

Honestly, if 250cc was enough, why the hell does BMW not sell 250cc touring rigs? Sure the 250 will do a 1/4 mile in 14ish seconds a full throttle, but who the hell rides around at 100% all the time. Personally I like to be able to use a fraction of my power to effortlessly accelerate up to speed.

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #184
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #185
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Okay I'm going to say it some of the defenses for the 250 on this page are retard. You guys act like it's the best thing ever. Sure the power is adequate, but the Nissan Versa also has adequate power.

I'm not hating on anyone for thinking the 250 is the best bike for them, but Brian shouldn't have to justify why he wants one. He came here looking for advice on purchasing a bike, not on if he should purchase a different bike. To me it sounds like he already knows he's going to purchase a bike.

His "excuses" are not excuses, they're things about the 250 that BOTHER him, everyone has a right to ride something they enjoy, not something that annoys them. Not everyone likes to ride around at 10,000 RPM just to keep up with traffic...

Honestly, if 250cc was enough, why the hell does BMW not sell 250cc touring rigs? Sure the 250 will do a 1/4 mile in 14ish seconds a full throttle, but who the hell rides around at 100% all the time. Personally I like to be able to use a fraction of my power to effortlessly accelerate up to speed.

why do supermotos suck?

in my mind, it is nonsense to buy a bike so you can use it for a purpose it was not designed to be used for.

high power street bikes are not supersports. they are high power street bikes. supersports are street legal race-bikes.

so what purpose is brian looking to use the bike for? is brian looking to commute? or race? if commute/enjoyment, should he be buying a race bike?

if he was asking about what track bike would be the best choice to go with so that he can eventually join up with wera or something then... sure. go get an r1. but when you're talking about using it as your only means of transportation while you are going to college for the first time... i mean.... that's just stupid.

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #186
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

This is my point, it seems like people on this site seem to think not wanting to rev your bike out every time you ride it isn't a valid reason to go to a bigger displacement. If the guy is set on getting something bigger it's best to help him make an informed decision rather than beating the point to the ground that the 250 is really all the bike one needs. The fact is that buying a motorcycle is an irrational decision, so sticking on the 250 because its adequate isn't necessarily something that fun to do.

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #187
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
why do supermotos suck?

in my mind, it is nonsense to buy a bike so you can use it for a purpose it was not designed to be used for.

high power street bikes are not supersports. they are high power street bikes. supersports are street legal race-bikes.

so what purpose is brian looking to use the bike for? is brian looking to commute? or race? if commute/enjoyment, should he be buying a race bike?

if he was asking about what track bike would be the best choice to go with so that he can eventually join up with wera or something then... sure. go get an r1. but when you're talking about using it as your only means of transportation while you are going to college for the first time... i mean.... that's just stupid.
1. You probably don't need ANY transportation in college.
2. People ride track bicycles around the city all the time, I don't see this as any worse than get a CBR, I mean a CBR is MUCH MUCH more comfortable than my track bicycle.
3. So instead of coming up with ways to tell the guy he shouldn't get a 600 because the 250 is fast enough or the 600 doesn't make any less noise, why don't we point him towards 600cc street bikes? Rather than just shooting down the entire idea of riding something larger than 250cc.

Btw, I didn't say supermotos suck. I actually love those, probably wouldn't commute on one though as I'm vertically challenged.

Old July 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #188
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
I've said it many times before, I'll continue to say it, the F4i is a full blown supersport. It's just from a time when they were still trying to fit a little utility into them for street use. I absolutely looooved mine, an 01 with ghetto plastics lol, I'd trade my 919 to have another if I could. The ergos are nearly identical from the waste up to the 07 600RR, the RR has way more cramped footpegs though. Saw some talk about gas mileage, my F4i consistently got 39mpg, with a high of 42 once and over 40 only a handful of times. My 919 has seen a high of 39, and has been getting around 35, up from 31, lately. though I think there may be an underlying problem causing my low fuel mileage, seeing as it's lower commuting than hitting backroads and being hooligan. F4is are just plain thirsty though, the carbed F4 got 45-48 mpg.
I'm considering getting an F4i or an R6 as a track bike this winter if I feel like I'd be able to use enough of the bike to justify getting it rather than just using the 250 (if I total the 250 at the track then I'll definitely be in the market)

Quote:
do you have a website or anything to see what you have? or would I just have to ask you if you have anything good at a good price when I'm looking for my next track bike

Old July 14th, 2014, 04:06 PM   #189
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:

Plenty of people here have more than just a 250 in the stable and even more have the means to get whatever bike they would like. At the end of the day I don't think most people here care if someone gets any bike as long as they don't try and come up with delusional excuses to justify a reason they need to upgrade like you just did.

He started out like that but has admitted now that he just wants one because he wants one. If someone can admit that they have no real reason to need to upgrade, they just want a 600SS then fine, good on you. But don't come here trying to come up with some BS to try and justify why you NEED it.

Old July 14th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #190
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Plenty of people here have more than just a 250 in the stable and even more have the means to get whatever bike they would like. At the end of the day I don't think most people here care if someone gets any bike as long as they don't try and come up with delusional excuses to justify a reason they need to upgrade like you just did.

He started out like that but has admitted now that he just wants one because he wants one. If someone can admit that they have no real reason to need to upgrade, they just want a 600SS then fine, good on you. But don't come here trying to come up with some BS to try and justify why you NEED it.
There's no justifying anything, when someone says they want a 600SS it's a want not a need. Buying a motorcycle isn't a rational decision to begin with, so why would I be trying to justify anything? I'm saying that different people have different preferences. Mine and a lot of other people not on this forum share the preference for not having to rev our bikes to the moon daily.

I bought my 250 as a learning tool, rode it for two fun years and then moved on. I didn't get a supersport because it didn't suit my needs at the time and I don't like how they look. So I went the naked route, but who am I to say what kind of bike someone else should or shouldn't ride.

Old July 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #191
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
I am saying sumos suck. because they do everything. but they do it all mediocre. they do nothing well. a dirt bike will ride dirt better. a street bike will ride street better.

a 600ss is a specialized bike. it is designed to go very fast on very smooth road. it is not designed for use on normal, poor condition roads like i said before, get an FZ 6 or something if you want to be a lazy shifter.

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #192
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Just because it's designed as a race bike doesn't mean it can't be taken out on the streets. Sure my FZ6 is a better street bike, that's why I bought it. I just think that arguing the Ninja 250R is the best bike for the street rather than pushing the guy towards something like a CBR650F or Ninja 650 is a silly point. He obviously wants more power, most people just go ahead and buy a supersport in that situation, so if you can enlighten him to other options that give him more power but not the negative aspects of a supersport that might be the best route.

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #193
Whiskey

Quote:
1. You probably don't need ANY transportation in college.
2. People ride track bicycles around the city all the time, I don't see this as any worse than get a CBR, I mean a CBR is MUCH MUCH more comfortable than my track bicycle.
3. So instead of coming up with ways to tell the guy he shouldn't get a 600 because the 250 is fast enough or the 600 doesn't make any less noise, why don't we point him towards 600cc street bikes? Rather than just shooting down the entire idea of riding something larger than 250cc.

Btw, I didn't say supermotos suck. I actually love those, probably wouldn't commute on one though as I'm vertically challenged.
A quick run down of what's been suggested that are not out & out race bikes

many of these have been suggested multiple times
  1. F4i
  2. FZ-07
  3. Street Triple
  4. Streetfighter type
  5. Fz-09
  6. Ninja 650
  7. SV 650
  8. supermoto
  9. CBR650F
  10. CBR500R
  11. RC390
  12. midsize (500, 650, etc.
  13. ZZR600
  14. CBR600F
  15. FZ 6

Beyond that there's been a few suggestions to avoid, Ducati Streetfighter 848, Touno, FJR1300 ect.

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #194
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i actually really loved the duc street fighter. one of my favorite street bikes. maybe a bit too much torque for a newer rider but definitely manageable

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #195
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

We're just trying to be the inner voice of reasoning, just like the friend that takes your keys when you had a few drinks and shouldn't drive. We are not trying to dissuade you from another more powerful bike but atleast take all considerations into account and make the best decision possible.

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #196
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Just because it's designed as a race bike doesn't mean it can't be taken out on the streets. Sure my FZ6 is a better street bike, that's why I bought it. I just think that arguing the Ninja 250R is the best bike for the street rather than pushing the guy towards something like a CBR650F or Ninja 650 is a silly point. He obviously wants more power, most people just go ahead and buy a supersport in that situation, so if you can enlighten him to other options that give him more power but not the negative aspects of a supersport that might be the best route.
no one says the 250r is the best bike for the street, NO ONE! People think it is a good bike for the street, YES for many many reasons obviously power and torque not being one of them.

But I have a problem when people (like you) that say the 250 is inadequate for street riding because that is utter bull **** Are there better bikes for city riding, yeah, highway long commutes, you bet but by no means does that make the 250 inadequate for any normal legal riding and the majority of illegal activity for that matter.

But all the talk isn't entirely about the type of bikes either, some of us are trying to talk some good sense into a young kid who is about to go off to school with most likely no job and who is planning on financing a bike that is way over priced and unless his parents have deep pockets he will probably not be able to afford the payments or the insurance while scrapping by in his first year of college, a financial decision that could hurt him for some time

But then again we are all just 250 fan boys so you just keep telling him to go finance a SS that he so desperately wants and thats all that really matters and because of that he can simply throw logic and responsibility out the window.... i mean it's what he really wants after all

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #197
Whiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i actually really loved the duc street fighter. one of my favorite street bikes. maybe a bit too much torque for a newer rider but definitely manageable
Yeah, pretty manageable on the open road, it didn't like city riding on it's way there, and it made it's way to licence losing speed very bloody quickly, 130mph on a 60 road, with a single smooth roll on.

I've seen that speed a handful of times and the SF848 was deceptively quick, I had to check that it's dash wasn't reading kph.

Would I use one for commuting, would I ****...

Old July 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #198
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
deceptively quick sounds about right. you look down and all the sudden you're doing 120 and it feels like about 45

Old July 14th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #199
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
*ahem* @thisisbenji - Maybe you'll understand why certain people are coming at him the way they are. Yes, they are excuses. He hasn't changed one bit, neither in maturity or riding skill. Some just ignore him or find him entertaining, in a train wreck sense.

Brian's timeline

1. Bought a bike, somewhere around November 2013

Post #7 "Cool I'm in no rush, I might be ordering an after-market pipe soon anyways, still deciding because it's not in season yet and I ride around in my basement so it would be better with the stock exhaust for now.

Post #9 "I live in an apartment building in the city so I can ride around my basement until I get me and everybody else high off the fumes. Then I usually just hop off my bike and go upstairs..

*Blames basement for his crash (of course it's not his fault!), wants to sue the owner of the building.

2. Doesn't take MSF class until around March 2014

Rides bike before getting MSF Endorsement.

Still riding without MSF Endorsement.

Plans on taking MSF now in the Spring.

3. Bikes are for showing off, I want to look stylish and loud pipes save lives! Awww yeahhhhhh!

Post #90 "As you can tell I want to remain in the stylish-ish gear with out being to race oriented in full leathers."
*He wants to look stylish, so he can look good showing off his motorcycle!

Post 107 "That's plenty of ankle... I've honestly looked through 6 different websites and can't find anything that looks relatively stylish in my price range except for these or maybe even these. Why are the boots so damn ugly?"
*Screw my ankle, I want to look stylish in my boots!! Wahh wahh, wahh!!

4. Watch my immaturity blossom like a beautiful budding flower!

Post 132 "I will change my ways!"
*Yep, suuuuure. *looks at this thread and continues to eat popcorn*

Post 139 "I already fell a lot doing other stuff man it's scary for sure and definitively deadly at 40+mph."
*I wonder what "stuff" that was?!?!

Post 142 *Yeah, yeah, I know accidents happen, but hey motorcycles are meant to look cool, damn it!

MOAR IMMATURITY!

NO LOGIC

5. Forum members, try to warn Brian

MOAR REASONS WHY PEOPLE GET ON HIS CASE!

AND MOAR!

6. *It's his first bike, he only has a little over 4 months experience, oh yeah and everyone on here doesn't have much experience either because they are on a 250 forum.

7. For thisisbenji

8. Wait, what? He just bashed people for their opinion on the Zero SR... now he posts his excitement for the Harley LiveWire?!?! Say it ain't so?!

* = my own commentary

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old July 14th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #200
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
no one says the 250r is the best bike for the street, NO ONE! People think it is a good bike for the street, YES for many many reasons obviously power and torque not being one of them.
It may not be the best bike for the street, but it is definitely the best bike for me to ride on the street (and track for that matter)

on to the financial responsibility thing, needs before wants always.

^ oh god I love those little timelines!
who was the last one for? the guy who got a street triple r?

Closed Thread