7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
@Panda
Oh I forget everyone ain't from the south
Since I was a little kid my grand father always waved to everyone, if they did not respond he would turn his wave into a middle finger for them to see and tell a little joke and we would laugh.

Nah I really talk an type like before not all this high style mess, most folks understand me just fine, or maybe they just try to make me happy and go away in ignorance

lol the bad thing is i didnt have a single problem reading it, it really is a southern thing. you just gotta read it and not over think any of it. it will come naturally to those of you who whernt blessed enough to be born down here

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #42
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

[QUOTE=Rugby Winger;736143]@greenaero that goes without saying but I'm disappointed that indifference equals rude. How sensitive have we become but this is nevertheless an interesting discussion.

Roderick, Yes its too bad some people are so hyper-sensitive. Fortunately its somewhat rare, but there are some angry, dangerous peopple out there just waiting for an excuse to attack. My point isn't to have people live in fear of this negative reaction but for people to understand and enjoy the simple pleasure of extending yourself a bit by being friendly and polite.
greenaero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #43
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oxSin View Post
lol the bad thing is i didnt have a single problem reading it, it really is a southern thing. you just gotta read it and not over think any of it. it will come naturally to those of you who whernt blessed enough to be born down here
Someone should code a southern colloquialism (thanks autocorrect) thingy to help folks read my posts, I guess. My posts are pretty simple, I try to live by KISS (keep it simple somebody) over thinking just gets folks confused. You should hear me when folks try to nail me with college talk and I burn their barn with the big words I have learned through the years... I can use em correctly but couldn't spell it to save my life hahahahahahaha

Sorry OP

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #44
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Name: Roderick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

You're good. I'm born and raised in Texas. Texan first and American second. Let us try to stay on topic however.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rugby Winger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #45
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

Well that is just silly. Both of you were being silly. The guy on the cruiser was apparently being a sensitive princess and as for you, whether you realize it or not are a part of a community. We all take the same chance for the love of two wheels. Whether the love comes from the ride or the economical value – whatever your reasons may be for having bought the bike and being on the road at that time. You don’t have to be at bike night to be a part of this community.

If you want to look at it like “what do they have to do with me” then let me say this: the more people on the road riding on two wheels the more likely those on 4 wheels are going to look out for you. I can tell you that living in New York when the weather turns cold and there are less of “us” on the road the more exercise my defensive riding gets.

Maybe you can look at it as an overall cost of ownership perspective. The more people with this interest the better it is for you.

If you happen to be on the side of the road with an issue with your bike, I can guarantee that it will be another biker that will stop to help you.

I give the two fingers down which is the; “keep the rubber side down” or “ride safe” gesture because I mean it. Whether it is to the weekend-warrior-billy-bad-ass or the daily commuter, I don’t like hearing people become statistics. I don’t like people telling me how motorcycles are dangerous. I want people to ride smart while still having fun and simply put, it is nice to see other people enjoy something I am so passionate about.

I wave to anyone on two wheels when I can. I make it a point when I am on my sport bike to wave to cruisers and when I am on my cruiser to wave to sport bikes because f**k stereotypes.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #46
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I wave to other modded subies all the time when I'm in my wrx. If I'm stopped at a light, I'll even wave to modded subies when I'm on my bike. The subie community waves a lot, at least around here.
so you are to cool to wave at non modded subies?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #47
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

I don't think this guy read the "6 Things Nobody Tells You About Owning a Motorcycle" article.

You may want to review the #4 point Rugby Winger.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19217...#ixzz2cXVieEuB
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #48
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
so you are to cool to wave at non modded subies?
of course.

no, of course I'm not, but they just don't wave back. it's like waving to a harley guy while you're on a sport bike, it's just a waste of effort 99.9995% of the time. I do wave occasionally to un-modded wrx's just because, and i get a response about 5% of the time. Other models, if they're not modded, no, never, there's no comradery on their end, I would just leave them wondering "do I know that guy?".
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #49
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Winger View Post
Cheers wolfie. Clearly you get it.
Been a geek my whole life, so know what it's like to see something one way and not have others understand. Though in this case, I would compare it to you being in the middle of a Star Trek convention and have just stated it's only a television show.

Since I presume you commute often and this is the only incident of encountering a dick, let it be water off your back. He would have had an issue no matter what you did. But, if you start to notice more and more birds being flung your way, I would suggest seeing if a nod or a couple fingers out might be something you could consider. As many have mentioned here it usually will be other bikers that stop to help out. If through inaction in acknowledging others you have accidentally given the impression you are a loner or not part of the group, you may find those same bikers unwilling to help (doubtful but going with the dick's reaction...).

Think of it as humoring us geeks.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #50
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Great analogy!!!

Would be bad to be broke down, and have all those riders be like lemme stop and help... Oh the guy that's too good to wave... Just rev their engines and wave as they go by smiling

P.S. Star Trek is a show... I watched it all the time as a kid

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #51
MR2Aaron
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Great analogy!!!

Would be bad to be broke down, and have all those riders be like lemme stop and help... Oh the guy that's too good to wave... Just rev their engines and wave as they go by smiling

P.S. Star Trek is a show... I watched it all the time as a kid
Yeah, but it's not only a TV show.

There's movies and toys and video games, and slash fanfiction...
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #52
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Just like their is so much more to street bikes an motorcycling than just buying one and riding it, like the wave...
But etiquette and proper manners be damned huh

I'm a Texan I'm better than you... Even you Texan on a motorcycle waving to me blabbedy blabbedy blah blaaaaaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2Aaron View Post
Yeah, but it's not only a TV show.

There's movies and toys and video games, and slash fanfiction...

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #53
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Just like their is so much more to street bikes an motorcycling than just buying one and riding it, like the wave...
Only if you choose to make it more. Just as NASCAR is just a bunch of cars going in circles or a massive cultural event, or owning a Jeep a convenient kid hauler or an off-road adventurer, or being on the bleeding edge of technology or just answering ones email.

Just because I own an iPad doesn't mean I'm an Apple Fanboi and have to follow every single thing Apple does with obsessive interest. Just because I ride a motorcycle doesn't mean I have to know the ins and outs of the magic box that makes it go forward. Just because someone likes wine doesn't mean they are a connoisseur.

Each of us chooses the level of involvement we are comfortable with. To some that means hanging out at bike night. To others that means frequenting forums. To some that means waving. And to others that means just getting from point A to point B without breaking the bank.

It's all good!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #54
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
booooooo

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #55
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Peer pressure is over-rated.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #56
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

I wave at a lot of people - other bikers/scooterers(?) no matter what they ride, drivers who've been courteous (only because I don't have time to wave at all of them), truckers who show some consideration, bicyclists (who I've found to be particularly polite and friendly), pedestrians who I always give the benefit of the doubt to, ad inifitum. A surprising number of them wave back, and often I can see them smile. It's amazing just how much a smile, a wave, or some minor consideration in traffic can brighten your day. Since I know how much it can uplift me, I like to spread the same love around when I can - it costs nothing to be nice.
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #57
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

the wave is about relaxing and enjoying yourself.

imo, they both took it too seriously,
which is kinda lame, lol.

Old August 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #58
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #59
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #60
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
take the motorcycle out of it, suppose you're on horses instead. guy rides past you and tips his hat and says how you doing. you sit there and stare at him with a blank face. most people would just assume you're retarded, but maybe this guy wanted to make sure you were retarded and not really some asshole with a stick up his ass.

don't worry, when you break down on the side of the road, you wont have to wave for another biker to stop and make sure you're ok.
LMFAO! Very good point too. Bikers really stick together when they see another in need.

My thoughts about the original post? Rude people suck.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #61
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Wait, did OP say a Harley guy did a U-turn?!??!?

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #62
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng View Post
Lol this is such a funny story. Like motofool said, none of those cruisers like to wave to sport bikers. They're always too badass to. 1 in maybe 100 actually wave to me. When I'm riding behind a cruiser they'll wave to the cruiser then quickly retract their hand it is pretty amusing to watch.

Imo he just scored us 1 point.
Do you know what's really weird - I get waves from almost everyone - almost all the time. And I live in the Milwaukee-ish area - Harley Davidson's stomping ground, and the Harley Museum, etc. 90% of the bikes I see out and about are HDs. Very few sportbikes.

All the cruiser guys wave for the most part - maybe 10-15% don't wave back to me. I usually wave first and they wave back. Some don't but I still had waved at them.

To the OP - The crazy thing about this is that you could have not seen the wave, and that guy still would have freaked out. Sometimes people don't see stuff, etc. The fact that the cruiser guy didn't think to himself "Maybe he didn't see it or was lost in thought" is interesting.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #63
kirk595x
ninjette.org guru

Name: Robbie

Motorcycle(s): 03' Ninja 250ex

For starters the cruiser guy has issues to do what he did..not acceptable behavior. I rarely get cruiser waves but when I do I wave back. I always give a hand or nod to sport bikes.

My question for OP is if someone passes by while you are walking in public and says hi or howdy do you respond back? Do you ignore them like you do friendly bikers? It's your choice if you don't want to wave and be a part of this community many of us enjoy on and off the bike but it seems like you're proud of the fact that you want to be an outsider. It almost seems like you may be trolling for a flame war. I may be wrong and I mean no dis-respect. If you ever find yourself in need on the road and another motorcycle rider offers help will you turn it down cause you don't consider yourself part of the community??

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #64
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
LMFAO! Very good point too. Bikers really stick together when they see another in need.

My thoughts about the original post? Rude people suck.
true true. i'd totally pick you up on the side of the road!

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #65
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
The motorcycling community is extremely small microcosm of society. Just commuting on a motorcycle is a very deliberate and active choice. There's a process to get a license, to get a bike, to learn to operate it, then openly accept the fact that daily riding a motorcycle is anything but convenient.

Truth be told, commuters are probably more involved as motorcyclists than 60% of owners.

Something to think about.
I agree 100% on this. It's a little bit of a pain to commute on the bike versus the car. Also the extra gas savings isn't really as huge as people think it is. The only way to save heaps of money is by getting rid of the car all together.

Being an accountant I was bored one day at work and did some quick calculations.

My Ninja 250R got 47 MPG on the highway, while my car gets 35 MPG (while going 80 with the AC blasting).

At $4.00 a gallon and a cost of $3000 for my 250R. It would take my 100,000 miles to break even!

Even a 100+ MPG scooter would take nearly 40,000 miles to recover to cost of the scooter (at $3,000).

Btw, that Harley rider seems like a douche. That being said, what's wrong with waving? It's the nice thing to do when someone who enjoys a similar passtime as you rides by.

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #66
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dog View Post
.........To the OP - The crazy thing about this is that you could have not seen the wave, and that guy still would have freaked out. Sometimes people don't see stuff, etc. The fact that the cruiser guy didn't think to himself "Maybe he didn't see it or was lost in thought" is interesting.
Very true; that has happened to me many times.

Sometimes I note the wave when is just too late for me to respond.

Many drivers and riders have real mental problems, what makes weird or aggressive reactions like the one discussed here not so uncommon.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #67
soggybottom
Aimless

Name: rory

Motorcycle(s): 01 ninja 250

Dear OP:

I'm also too cool to consider myself a part of any group. Can we be too cool together?

Maybe we could get a bunch of people like us together. You know, like in a group.

I also have no opinion on waving, so I don't wave. I don't even discuss waving. Especially on the Internet.

Sincerely,

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #68
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Since this post I've only been thinking, "Should I give HD riders the finger from now on?"

There has got to be some way to piss them off.

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #69
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng View Post
Since this post I've only been thinking, "Should I give HD riders the finger from now on?"

There has got to be some way to piss them off.
Put your left hand on your knee.

Its probably what the OP did.

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #70
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
Put your left hand on your knee.

Its probably what the OP did.
It is always on my knee when riding except when shifting and harder turning. Is that some secret insult that I don't know about?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #71
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Quote:
It is always on my knee when riding except when shifting and harder turning. Is that some secret insult that I don't know about?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah actually it is. Even unintentionally, stupid as it is. Welcome to vroom vroom the world of 2 wheels.

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #72
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk595x View Post
For starters the cruiser guy has issues to do what he did..not acceptable behavior. I rarely get cruiser waves but when I do I wave back. I always give a hand or nod to sport bikes.

My question for OP is if someone passes by while you are walking in public and says hi or howdy do you respond back? Do you ignore them like you do friendly bikers? It's your choice if you don't want to wave and be a part of this community many of us enjoy on and off the bike but it seems like you're proud of the fact that you want to be an outsider. It almost seems like you may be trolling for a flame war. I may be wrong and I mean no dis-respect. If you ever find yourself in need on the road and another motorcycle rider offers help will you turn it down cause you don't consider yourself part of the community??
First of all, I took no offense to your idea of me being a troll. It is a somewhat valid inquisition. On to your questions. I don't respond if some stranger says hi or howdy or whatever to me. I may be a bit antisocial but I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm just not doing it. I just don't feel the need to do it. I'm not proud of the fact that I'm an outsider. I'm just being honest. Also if I was in need on the side of the road then I will do what I can without help usually. I would prefer to not inconvenience total strangers.

I get the wave. It is like hey I will wave to you because we are both riding! I'm like big whoop. That is like me eating pizza and someone waves at me because they are eating pizza as well. Uh...ok unless it is a hot girl then I can make exceptions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #73
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
Put your left hand on your knee..............
"To wave or not to wave, that is the question. We’ve all faced that critical mass state when we felt obligated to wave but then became unsure. The worrying starts and then there’s that overwhelming feeling of guilt. Well, worry no more; here are some general waving rules to help guide you : 1)interstate; unnecessary, 2) in a curve; unnecessary 3) in the rain or at night; unnecessary 4) on a mellow two lane; proper. 5) a highway with little traffic; proper 6) A rally, unnecessary and 7) in traffic, unnecessary. There are, however, times when not waving is just down right rude. So if you’re not a jackass, when you are presented with “The Wave” you should, if at all possible, reciprocate. If it’s the proper place and time and you receive no reciprocal wave, don’t get your panties in a bunch and think you’ve just passed a jackass, because there are some acceptable reasons. These reasons are as follows: 1) you weren’t seen, 2) clutch manipulation or 3) a head nod was substituted.

There are 5 basic waves 1) the left-handed low wave, 2) the left-handed straight out wave, 3) the left-handed high wave 4) the right-handed (ha, ha, I have cruise control) wave and 5) the left-handed forward wave. The variations of these waves are as varied as the bikers & the bikes they drive, but there are some basic rules.

1) Left-handed low wave, sometimes called the Harley or cruiser wave. Typically seen used on cruiser style or custom chopped motorcycles. The arm is fully extended and aimed down towards the street in a 45 or lesser degree angle with the extension of either one, two, three or five fingers. The direction of the palm is also critical to the look and feel of this wave. The palm must either face the other rider or face the road. A classic variation of the finger positioning is throwing a peace sign (Duce) or thumbs up. To low wave with an angle greater than 45 degrees and/or with the palm facing up or back and/or with the use of 4 fingers is telling the biker community at large that you are either new or inept. If you have a cruiser and can’t get this wave to work for you, then consider the Left-Handed straight out wave or trading out your bike.

2) Left-handed straight out wave is an all around general wave. Typically seen used on crotch rockets, cruisers, customs and baggers alike. The arm can be either fully or partially extended with no more than a 10 degree angle higher or lower than the shoulder. The palm must be facing the oncoming rider in either a horizontal or vertical position and a full palm must be shown. It is suggested you present the hand in a relaxed state, as flattening it will make you look like a dork. The classic variations of the peace sign (duce) or thumbs up are also acceptable. If practiced, this is one of the easiest waves to master and will work with all bikes. If for some reason you can’t get this wave to work, you will probably have serious problems with the kickstand dynamic and should immediately sell your motorcycle before you cause yourself anymore embarrassment!

3) Left-handed high wave is a variation of the typical wave seen made by kings and kids alike. Mostly used by upright riders of crotch rockets and baggers. The elbow is kept even or slightly lower than shoulder height. The elbow should be bent at about a 75 – 85 degree angle with a slight forward angling of the forearm. The palm must be facing the oncoming rider and the hand can either remain still or the use of a side to side motion is acceptable. This wave has been proven very useful when you have a loose watchband. It is suggested you present the hand in a relaxed state, as once again, flattening it will make you appear to be a dork. The classic variations of the peace sign (duce) or thumbs up are frowned upon when using this type of wave. it’s a bit too over the top. Important: Should you be riding a crotch rocket, it is extremely important to maintain the image by using this wave only if the left hand is coming from the left hip or thigh. This should never, ever be used when coming from the handlebars. Warning of possible injury: Do not use this type of wave on a cruiser. You will appear aloof, snobbish and everyone will hate you! If you have a medical condition or feel you must use this type of wave, get a bagger or ride a crotch rocket only in the upright position and don’t be a dick about it. There are rules!

4) Right-handed (ha, ha, I have cruise control) wave. This is an occasional use wave by bagger riders. Typically seen being employed by Ultra Classic and Goldwing riders. They’re riding on rolling living room sofas. These big, comfy and not really coooool bikes are great for touring. This lack of coolness can cause a temporary condition known as “Dickishness” which can be instantly healed by passing a cruiser giving the right hand wave. The general message being sent is “You might be on a cool bike but damn it, I’m comfy”. If the rider of the touring bike is a smoker he will typically light up a cigarette or a cigar, just to drive that point home.

5) Left-handed forward wave. This wave is solely used by crotch rocket riders because, let’s face it, what the hell else can they do in that position? A flashed wave, is almost imperceptible due to the speed of the wave and the bike. To execute this wave one must slightly raise the left hand from the grip, no more than 3 or 4 inches, show the palm and return to the grip. This entire motion must be fluid and executed in under three seconds. You must learn all the intricacies of this wave before you take your first ride. If you don’t, they will know you’re a newbie and you’ll instantly become pink slip bait. The only way to avoid this lame wave stigma is by doing something crazy like riding a wheelie while naked. If you don’t fall off, that’s a big plus!

The last and probably most important part of the wave is the hand you’re using to wave. You’ll want to care for that hand because without it; How do you expect to wave? Get some of the Time Rider's Shtuff For Bikers; Crack & Crevice Cleaner (body & bike cleaner) to clean that hand up and some Totally Awesome Crap (liquid glove) to protect it

When approaching another biker always remember to maintain the rule of "The Wave", you never know who's watching!"

Copied from:
http://thetimerider.hubpages.com/hub...oWaveLikeADork

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #74
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

tl;dr

But I'm sure my point was shown.

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #75
lgk

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
The other day i waved, and saw a dude intentionally do that and stare at me. chuckled a little, and called him names that would make ron white blush.

Probably didn't hear me though, otherwise he would be in jail with a headache and missing some teeth.

Just be careful,
just because you're not a fan of biker culture, doesn't mean it wont effect you.
Some people take stuff real serious... do enough to stay out of trouble.

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #76
lgk

http://www.viewfromthecloud.com/2006...tings.html?m=1

Old August 20th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #77
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
The other day i waved, and saw a dude intentionally do that and stare at me. chuckled a little, and called him names that would make ron white blush.

Probably didn't hear me though, otherwise he would be in jail with a headache and missing some teeth.

Just be careful,
just because you're not a fan of biker culture, doesn't mean it wont effect you.
Some people take stuff real serious... do enough to stay out of trouble.
I bet they do and that's pathetic if they will take it that far to go after someone who doesn't care. There are some people who blame me for not waving but I was always taught that a disingenuous handshake is more disrespectful than no handshake at all. We'll see. Most scooter riders probably don't get judged because they are automatically assumed to not care about the rider culture but because I wanted a motorcycle. It is assumed that I do.

I have met some good biker people. They aren't my friends but they are good people. They've offered me to go to the track with them and hang out though I know I won't. I've met good people. I just don't feel one of them nor will I try to be. I'm just a random guy who happens to own a motorcycle and it happens to be a Ninja 250R. I love it but I don't have a passion for it nor for bikes. I guess I was burnt out of love after my days riding dirt bikes. Someone could steal it and throw it off of a cliff and I wouldn't shed a tear. Though it would be admittedly a slight inconvenience.

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:27 AM   #78
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
I have met some good biker people. They aren't my friends but they are good people. They've offered me to go to the track with them and hang out though I know I won't. I've met good people. I just don't feel one of them nor will I try to be. I'm just a random guy who happens to own a motorcycle and it happens to be a Ninja 250R. I love it but I don't have a passion for it nor for bikes. I guess I was burnt out of love after my days riding dirt bikes. Someone could steal it and throw it off of a cliff and I wouldn't shed a tear. Though it would be admittedly a slight inconvenience.
The fact that you came to, of all places, a motorcycle forum to air these grievances is extremely confusing. You came to a place full of people with a similar passion and lifestyle to let us know that you don't care for the lifestyle. It's like joining Facebook to complain how stupid social media is. Basically I'm glad I don't know you in real life, because you sound like a major bummer
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:11 AM   #79
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
I bet they do and that's pathetic if they will take it that far to go after someone who doesn't care.........
Could this be what triggered the cruiser-ganster's anger?

Copied from post #76:

"4. The Dis - Left hand down and resting on the thigh. This could be viewed as a request to treat the opposing party as a hostile witness - ESPECIALLY if it is moved there while you are approaching. Dating back to the days when rival motorcycle gangs roamed the streets, this signal indicated disrespect to the other rider(s) and was clearly meant as negative and often times led to confrontation. Today, however, the old cultural significance has been lost, and could simply just mean your arm is tired and resting on your leg."

Old August 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM   #80
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Could this be what triggered the cruiser-ganster's anger?

Copied from post #76:

"4. The Dis - Left hand down and resting on the thigh. This could be viewed as a request to treat the opposing party as a hostile witness - ESPECIALLY if it is moved there while you are approaching. Dating back to the days when rival motorcycle gangs roamed the streets, this signal indicated disrespect to the other rider(s) and was clearly meant as negative and often times led to confrontation. Today, however, the old cultural significance has been lost, and could simply just mean your arm is tired and resting on your leg."

My arm is always like that except only my hand is grabbing my thigh with my elbow bent outward.
Posted via Mobile Device