ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old July 12th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #1
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

later Ninja! Hello...Grom?

You read that right, just added a new Grom to the motorcycle stable. It's kinda cool owning two of the (arguably) most desirable bikes this year. Wife was kinda interested in learning so I mentioned the Grom since she was not interested in the 250. Surprisingly enough one of the local dealers had just received a shipment when we were running around. The wife sat on it and said "I want it", so we bought it...here it is:

20140712_201441.jpg

20140712_201014.jpg

20140711_204834.jpg

And of course my bike as she currently stands:

20140706_143248.jpg
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Old July 13th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #2
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Seen one ride by me a few days ago that had me perplexed at first as to what it was until seen the honda wing on it, i like the looks of it and might in time get one also.
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #3
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
I saw one of these Wednesday at bike night. It was bigger in person than it looks in pictures. All of my sumo buddies were checking it out and talking about how they want one.

I think the grom is cool and would be a lot of fun in the city or at the track, but it's too expensive for what you get IMO.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #4
warlord
ninjette.org guru

It is bigger than you would expect, and it's incredibly fun to ride. Obviously, value is determined by the buyer. I would say it's an incredible value!

Old July 13th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #5
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Cool! Let us know what you think of it over the coming weeks.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #6
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Very cool! She looks happy in the night pic. Those Groms are nice, you have to see one in person and sit on it.

You have 2 very desirable bikes in your garage. It's cool when a smaller less exotic bike gets the same attention as a $$$ Ducati. People are going crazy for the Grom.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #7
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dog View Post
Very cool! She looks happy in the night pic. Those Groms are nice, you have to see one in person and sit on it.

You have 2 very desirable bikes in your garage. It's cool when a smaller less exotic bike gets the same attention as a $$$ Ducati. People are going crazy for the Grom.
You know she got home from work and was having a bad day so I told her to gear up. She rode on the back of the Grom with me to the local school and we did riding drills until it got dark. She says that she dreams of riding now...

I would say that the Grom turns more heads and elicits a lot of finger pointing as well. Even my non riding friends got really excited about the Grom; more than the Panigale.

Old July 13th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #8
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
You know she got home from work and was having a bad day so I told her to gear up. She rode on the back of the Grom with me to the local school and we did riding drills until it got dark. She says that she dreams of riding now...
Thats awesome! You're a lucky guy. Great way to spend time together and have fun.

Quote:
I would say that the Grom turns more heads and elicits a lot of finger pointing as well. Even my non riding friends got really excited about the Grom; more than the Panigale.
They are cool little bikes. I should try to get a picture of the red one the guy in parts dept has. He has done a full exhaust and fender eliminator and Pro Taper bars. He has other mods he is planning on doing too. You can even get the Euro spec OEM headlight for it which is not HID, but has the magnifying glass lens eye.

Old July 13th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #9
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I want one bad, just gotta wait for them to start going for less than MSRP on craigslist.

Old July 13th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #10
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dog View Post
Thats awesome! You're a lucky guy. Great way to spend time together and have fun.

They are cool little bikes. I should try to get a picture of the red one the guy in parts dept has. He has done a full exhaust and fender eliminator and Pro Taper bars. He has other mods he is planning on doing too. You can even get the Euro spec OEM headlight for it which is not HID, but has the magnifying glass lens eye.
Pics would be cool. I've already spent a ton on parts for it but I've been explicitly instructed that there will be no performance mods until she's comfortable riding it.

Old July 13th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #11
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Pics would be cool. I've already spent a ton on parts for it but I've been explicitly instructed that there will be no performance mods until she's comfortable riding it.
Will snap a pic next time I'm in and he rode it to work. As long as it isn't raining it will probably be there to photo.

They have a brand new black one there that I sat on and checked out. Drool... I want all the bikes!

Old July 17th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #12
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

I really really like the Grom. Theres one that puts around here where I work in DC and is always parked next to the parking meter. Its pretty decked out too! I want that Yosh model!
burningscooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #13
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

I was there yesterday but no bike. Will try again in the future. It has the full Yoshimura exhaust. He said power commander 5 is coming...

Old July 19th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #14
2weelz
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2001 MZ RT 125, 2007 Kawasaki EX250r

I tried to look at one at my local Honda dealer and all they had was an employee's personal bike. They sell out so fast that they can't keep them in stock. People are having to order them and pick them up. I am happy that finally a small bike is popular and has lots of modding possibilities to boot. I have a 125cc MZ that I love but parts are hard to get. Maybe I can finally sell this orphan bike, whoops, I mean COLLECTOR'S ITEM, and get something modern for a townie.

Oddly, it was smaller than I expected from pictures on the web. Just great when you might want to share a single, small parking garage stall with a car.

I'd get a Zero electric bike for around town but: 1) no place to charge it in a condo; and 2) too expensive. A small-displacement gas burner like the Grom is the next best thing.

@thisisbenji: judging from the way they are selling, Groms may be hard to find used, and probably hold their resale value, so not that much less than MSRP compared to other bikes. Worth searching, though.
2weelz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #15
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelz View Post
I tried to look at one at my local Honda dealer and all they had was an employee's personal bike. They sell out so fast that they can't keep them in stock. People are having to order them and pick them up. I am happy that finally a small bike is popular and has lots of modding possibilities to boot. I have a 125cc MZ that I love but parts are hard to get. Maybe I can finally sell this orphan bike, whoops, I mean COLLECTOR'S ITEM, and get something modern for a townie.

Oddly, it was smaller than I expected from pictures on the web. Just great when you might want to share a single, small parking garage stall with a car.

I'd get a Zero electric bike for around town but: 1) no place to charge it in a condo; and 2) too expensive. A small-displacement gas burner like the Grom is the next best thing.

@thisisbenji: judging from the way they are selling, Groms may be hard to find used, and probably hold their resale value, so not that much less than MSRP compared to other bikes. Worth searching, though.
You can pretty much sell a used Grom for what you pay for it and the after market support is amazing! Finished installing the two way alarm/pager/starter, rack, integrated tails, and top case. Got a real suspension on the way (Ohlins) and I can't remember what else we ordered...but it's gonna be sweet!

Old July 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #16
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Cool pics, looks a lot smaller on the Honda website. It's definitely bigger than what you would expect. It looks a fun pocket bike, who knows I might actually get one.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote