Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow Extreme road rage caught on video

Copied from:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...ht-tape/njZbb/

A Northern California woman who had just gotten out of jail was re-arrested and made her first court appearance Tuesday after a weekend road rage incident was captured in a dramatic cellphone video.

The video showed a vehicle forcing a car off a mountain highway while two women frantically called the California Highway Patrol Saturday afternoon to report being repeatedly cut off by the driver of a Ford Explorer Sport Trac pickup truck on Interstate 80, about 60 miles northeast of Sacramento.

"She just hit our car, she just hit our car. She's pushing us off of the road. Yes, she's pushing us off the road. She's coming for us," passenger Delanie Strykul tells a CHP dispatcher on the video, her voice shaking. "Please help us."

The video shows the Explorer forcing their Mazda onto the shoulder as the Mazda's driver screams.

The Highway Patrol said the incident began after Strykul made a rude gesture because the Ford Explorer had been tailgating.
Strykul shot the video while also calling the Highway Patrol.

The driver of the Mazda finally managed to get off at an exit where a highway patrolman was waiting to arrest the driver of the Explorer.

The suspect, Deirdre Orozco, 50, of Santa Clara, was charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of false imprisonment, unlawful use of a badge, reckless driving and resisting arrest.

She was held in lieu of $250,000 bail and was ordered back in court Friday after pleading not guilty to multiple charges from two incidents days apart.

Police said Orozco had been arrested three days earlier but had not yet been charged. She allegedly struck a vehicle at an intersection, then continued on to a relative's house, where she threw large rocks through a window and threatened the residents.
Orozco has now been charged in that incident with assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats, vandalism, reckless driving, and hit-and-run.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 24th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
"The suspect, Deirdre Orozco, 50, of Santa Clara, was charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of false imprisonment, unlawful use of a badge, reckless driving and resisting arrest."

^^ i want to hear THAT story.

Unless that falls under stopping two people on the road and the flashing the angel badge thingy

Found the videos shot at the time:

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 24th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #3
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Watch out for the crazies.

This was on the local news. Apparently she hit some other guy's car before this too.
They interviewed him as well.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 24th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2055645

"Deirdre Orozco, 50, was arrested twice in five days for two nearly identical hit-and-run incidents, police said."

"Driver Dane Larsson claimed Orozco tried to run him off the road. She hit his car and threatened to smash his car's windows after she cut him off in traffic."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2054350

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 24th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #5
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Found the other guy:
http://fox40.com/2014/12/22/road-rag...-days-earlier/
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 24th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #6
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

That was funny

Old December 24th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #7
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Criminal Behavior is an incurable cancer. I have been working corrections for 7 years and I still try to find the good, but there is a better chance of Walt Disney being brought back to life.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 24th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #8
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Criminal Behavior is an incurable cancer. I have been working corrections for 7 years and I still try to find the good, but there is a better chance of Walt Disney being brought back to life.
Keep in mind you're only exposed to the worst. There are amazing things and amazing people that his world has to offer. My friend's dad killed himself after working in corrections. He eventually became so jaded he just couldn't take living anymore, seeing the scummy, ****** people he did, day after day.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 25th, 2014, 03:20 AM   #9
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Birches crazy.

Old December 29th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #10
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
1st off if someone is acting that erratic I am not following them. Not that she was, but I would of pulled over long before it got that bad and just called it in. I am not going to put my life or anyone else's at risk, could you imagine if a bike was in her way???

2nd she needs professional help and meds.

I bet her yellow studded thong was inside out.

Old December 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #11
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That lady is a real gem. Look at everything she did in the blue write-up Hernan copied!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #12
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
1st off if someone is acting that erratic I am not following them. Not that she was, but I would of pulled over long before it got that bad and just called it in. I am not going to put my life or anyone else's at risk, could you imagine if a bike was in her way???
I was chased once by a crazy person when I first got my license and I was driving a car. Wasn't a fun experience. I've thought about what I would do if someone in a car ever chased me on my bike and realized it's a much more dangerous situation. My goal would be to get off my bike at the first available opportunity that I had without the chance of being rammed. If I'm behind them, that's easy. If I'm in front of them it would be much harder. The two main options I can think of are:
* Ride towards a congested area of road or a traffic light controlled area of road where cars are likely to be backed up. Lane split between the cars and then dismount.
* Find an alley way too thin for a car to fit through and ride straight into it (hard to find compared to the above option).

Both options involve riding straight into something thin where the car wont fit.

A petrol station is a good option (cameras) if I got far enough ahead of them, but if they're close and they're crazy they can probably turn their car into the station faster than I can do it on my bike and they could ram me as soon as I slow to a stop.

Any option which relies on me turning faster than the car is probably not a good option. Their four wheels and traction control will probably do better than my two wheels without TC.

I'm hoping I don't ever get to the point where I have to act on my thoughts above, but road rage is a relatively common occurrence, there are more and more people out there on mind-altering pharmaceuticals and bikers are far more vulnerable than cagers if we get targeted, so it's worth having a plan I think.

Obviously: I try not to go around giving people the finger (as tempting as it is sometimes) as that's a perfect way to activate someones crazy.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 06:52 AM   #13
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

good reason to pack some heat...