Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:16 PM   #1
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 01 Ninja 250

Sorry, not sorry

In the grand scheme of things, i guess I'm a dick/jerk/asshole for picking up on the bullshit and telling someone to be safe and to step back and take a safety course before riding some more.

I guess I'll say I'm sorry, not sorry for looking out for their well-being instead of saying "your doing awesome" and giving a participation award for effort.

I will never apologize for telling someone they are doing something wrong that could take their life. It's obvious I'm not the only one that sees that, but since it's the mythical unicorn, I'm being a bad guy.

Am i upset that she blocked me? Lol, that is funny, because I'm not mad at all. Based on past history, the unicorn is looking for reactions and didn't get one she was expecting, so I'm the asshole.

So with all this being said, i will not take it easy, sugarcoat, or pussyfoot around for anyone. I tell it like it is and how i see it. That's me, take it or leave it. Obviously some of you grew up being satisfied with participation awards and never did anything wrong therefore leaving you with a complex that allows your feeling to get hurt when someone is truthful.

So, if you're one of those people, just block me now, continue doing no wrong, and get offended at the slightest little thing, because you know, that's how **** is nowadays.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:39 PM   #2
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

2 also add a little bit of back story about me, and some reason as to why I am adamant about safety on a motorcycle is that I have experience to many tragedies in my life from friends and family members being on two wheels and seriously being injured.

I had 1 of my best friends killed while on a scooter and he was hit head on buy another driver that crossed into his lane, I also had a nother friend killed on a motorcycle when a car pulled out and t bone him, my uncle was involved in a motorcycle crash when he T-boned a semi-trailer and ended up paralyzing my cousin who was riding on the back of the motorcycle, and my father actually just recently lost his leg when a car pulled out from a side road and T-boned him.

so if I come off like a dick telling you that you need to stop and rethink your situation and get better training, I have a perfectly valid reasoning for that.

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:37 PM   #3
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I am right there with you on this one brother. It's good that she/amanda/zerogravity put you on a block list because that means she will not see this thread show up in the list of topics on the forum and she won't see any of the posts in this thread. I'm assuming that is the person you are talking about and referring to in regards to your starting this thread.

Lol at the mythical unicorn metaphor -- it's so on point in so many ways.

The world has been changing lately and I've talked to a lot of people in all walks of life and most everyone can feel it in some way but no one is able to put a finger on how or exactly why.

Seems that with each passing day our world becomes more politically correct in such a way that we are all trying to tiptoe around and converse about mindless meaningless gibberish for the purpose of not offending anyone. It's all become so superficial because saying "real" things and making valid discussion points in conversation is largely considered a no-no because it is sure to offend someone. The modern world offers us so much 'comfort' that being an effective and resourceful person are no longer necessary skills for survival. As a result we have a lot of people with massively inflated sense of importance and 'entitlement' is running rampantly out of control. I have never been one to advocate violence as a solution to any problem, but I sure do miss the days when you could punch someone as payback for their being an asshole or continually behaving in unsavory ways after being reprimanded and told to correct their poor behavior.

Nowadays conflicts are solved seemingly with hand sanitizer and lawsuits.

Anyways, I could ramble on and on about the various implications of this and how our society is changing for the worse but I will not because I do not want to feed into the negativity.

It is not my intention to offend anyone or speak ill of others.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 11:01 PM   #4
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

You are correct with whom i an referring to, and it's from the 250 fast enough thread.

I'm not sure of your age, but I'm 38, and grew up in the era before participation awards, and have a big issue with the bunch of pussies that are being raised in this country now. I thought i was being nice, but honest and truthful in a direct manor. Guess she got all butthurt.

I guess her attitude and entitlement goes well with a line from A Few Good Men....

Truth? Truth? You can't handle the truth!

Old May 26th, 2016, 05:44 AM   #5
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
While I generally agree with you (I'm one of the first people who suggested it would be good for her to take the MSF class), a little tact can go a long way. Sometimes you have to alter your delivery to most efficiently get your message across. Flies/honey/vinegar and such.

Much like a bike can put you in situations where "you're right" but still end up dead, simply shouting the truth at someone's face may mean you're right but completely ignored. In either case, being right makes no difference at all, except to your own ego. If you truly want people to understand the truth (rather than just being the guy who's always a dick about telling the truth), you may have to be a little more careful about how you say it. I'm not saying you have to coddle people or lie to them, but different people are more receptive to different styles of communication. Using that to your advantage will give you better results.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 26th, 2016, 06:05 AM   #6
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
While I generally agree with you (I'm one of the first people who suggested it would be good for her to take the MSF class), a little tact can go a long way. Sometimes you have to alter your delivery to most efficiently get your message across. Flies/honey/vinegar and such.

Much like a bike can put you in situations where "you're right" but still end up dead, simply shouting the truth at someone's face may mean you're right but completely ignored. In either case, being right makes no difference at all, except to your own ego. If you truly want people to understand the truth (rather than just being the guy who's always a dick about telling the truth), you may have to be a little more careful about how you say it. I'm not saying you have to coddle people or lie to them, but different people are more receptive to different styles of communication. Using that to your advantage will give you better results.
Here is one of my first posts to her
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
Wait till after your MSF before commuting, please?
Guess what, she is.
@MyTriggaz and @corksil your deliveries are worse then useless

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:07 AM   #7
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post

Since the day she has started posting, everyone has been giving her suggestions and being nice to the unicorn. Yet she hasn't listened to anyone, only argued and whined about her not getting it.

Honestly, i had had enough, she won't listen to the nice subtle suggestions and the "you got this gurl" replies, and continues to practice bad mechanics and developing bad habits and blowing off most everyone's suggestions. Check out her thread about commuting, i have her solid advice and then she blows it off. She just wants the attention that comes with being a unicorn on i forum full of guys. Guess i felt like being that guy at that point.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:11 AM   #8
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Here is one of my first posts to her

Guess what, she is.
@MyTriggaz and @corksil your deliveries are worse then useless
Whatever man.

I gave the same nice reply in her commuting thread, she hasn't listened to us, and she was still going to commute anyway, read her replies, she didn't listen to anyone other than signing up for a course that she doesn't feel she needs before getting on the road.

After her blowing us off, i had enough of her attention grabbing posts. For **** sakes she is bragging about popping a wheelie!!!! And claims she doesn't have any issues.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:14 AM   #9
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTriggaz View Post
Whatever man.

I gave the same nice reply in her commuting thread, she hasn't listened to us, and she was still going to commute anyway, read her replies, she didn't listen to anyone other than signing up for a course that she doesn't feel she needs before getting on the road.

After her blowing us off, i had enough of her attention grabbing posts. For **** sakes she is bragging about popping a wheelie!!!! And claims she doesn't have any issues.
That is one way of looking at it.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:17 AM   #10
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
That is one way at looking at it.
One of which i an entitled to have.

Please go read my replies to her in her commuting thread and what her replies are. She doesn't really care about anyone's suggestions, her safety, it anyone around her on the roads safety.

Then go back through her 250 far enough threads and check his many of my replies have been thumbs up'd by other and then read what others are saying as well.

I'm not the only one that thinks this way about her

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM   #11
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
One of which i an entitled to have.

Please go read my replies to her in her commuting thread and what her replies are. She doesn't really care about anyone's suggestions, her safety, it anyone around her on the roads safety.

Then go back through her 250 far enough threads and check his many of my replies have been thumbs up'd by other and then read what others are saying as well.

I'm not the only one that thinks this way about her
I have. Now ask yourself how helpful you were trying to be when you made her ignore list and how helpful are you now?
PS
No one is on my ignore list, but then trolls like you and me do not need such things.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #12
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

I was trying to get a point across. I'm an ass, 100%, i don't try and hide it, nor do i care if people can't handle an asshole. Society is soft, and so is she.

I gave my helpful advice and she blew it off, just like everyone else that has given her advice. And yet look at her threads she starts, it reeks of "look at me, i need attention and acceptance!"

In not a fan of attention whores

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:31 AM   #13
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Oh, and it's not the first, or last time i make it to someone's ignore list. I've been on automotive forums for about 15 years, it's no sweat of my back.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:34 AM   #14
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
I was trying to get a point across. I'm an ass, 100%, i don't try and hide it, nor do i care if people can't handle an asshole. Society is soft, and so is she.

I gave my helpful advice and she blew it off, just like everyone else that has given her advice. And yet look at her threads she starts, it reeks of "look at me, i need attention and acceptance!"

Sounds hypocritical to me. Just my opinion.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:36 AM   #15
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Sounds hypocritical to me. Just my opinion.
How so? I don't see the hypocrisy at all.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #16
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Oh, and it's not the first, or last time i make it to someone's ignore list. I've been on automotive forums for about 15 years, it's no sweat of my back.
I have made it to two but they have taken me off there ignore list since. I am sure they still think I'm an ass, they are both very smart people.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:42 AM   #17
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

You are not an ass, if you truly were you would not care. However, if you do care to make your point, deliver it so it is well received. I can come across as an ass also, but that is intentional.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:44 AM   #18
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
You made an entire self aggrandizing thread to proclaim what a non-conformist badass you are. That's def not being an attention whore though.

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:54 AM   #19
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
You made an entire self aggrandizing thread to proclaim what a non-conformist badass you are. That's def not being an attention whore though.
Continuing a discussion about a topic in a thread i was banned in isn't attention whoring, that's just continuing the conversation.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 26th, 2016, 09:04 AM   #20
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Continuing a discussion about a topic in a thread i was banned in isn't attention whoring, that's just continuing the conversation.
But, you aren't continuing the conversation about a topic. You're talking about how you are a dick and how you're offended someone blocked you.

In your first post in this thread, every sentence is I, I, I, I, I.

Or in other words, me, me, me, me, me.

Just take a chill pill. It's obvious she only wants to listen to people who tell her what she wants to hear or what she agrees with. Case in point, I mention wearing a spine protector under a backpack and she somehow thinks I was inferring she didn't wear riding gear. That was quite enough for me.

So, simply stop posting in her threads. That's how simple it is.

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:23 AM   #21
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Lol, I'll just go back to lurking and minimal posting. You guys just continue enabling the unicorn. She seriously needs help and everyone doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

Whatever, **** that ****.

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM   #22
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
I saw what you did

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:25 AM   #23
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Lol, I'll just go back to lurking and minimal posting. You guys just continue enabling the unicorn. She seriously needs help and everyone doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

Whatever, **** that ****.
No. It's a matter of she won't listen, so don't waste your breath. Sometimes you have to learn when to try and when not to.

In this case, it's a matter of not try.

Seriously, just don't post in her threads or reply to her comments. No need to lurk. I've had quite enough and I certainly see why she has people issues.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.

Old May 26th, 2016, 09:58 AM   #24
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:

That just about sums it up perfectly

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:02 AM   #25
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
No. It's a matter of she won't listen, so don't waste your breath. Sometimes you have to learn when to try and when not to.

In this case, it's a matter of not try.

Seriously, just don't post in her threads or reply to her comments. No need to lurk. I've had quite enough and I certainly see why she has people issues.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.
Well I'm blocked by her so i don't have a choice, i just hate sitting back saying nothing because she could seriously hurt herself or anyone else on the road near her.

Either way, I'm still just going to sit back and lurk because being the asshole doesn't blend well, as the last 24hrs have proven. There's a reason i only have a couple friends around be, besides my army buddies. People don't like honestly and being blunt.

Trump and i would get along great!

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:08 AM   #26
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Just as an FYI - just because someone is blocked does not mean their threads/posts are invisible, just hidden. All you see is a collapsed post with the option to read the text or not.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:26 AM   #27
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
People don't like honestly and being blunt.
You're confusing honesty and bluntness with being patronizing and sanctimonious.

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #28
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Because you use big words only a couple people would know, i will admit that I didn't know what sanctimonious was, and i can assure you that i am in no way morally superior to her. Sure you have that word in the right context?

Was i patronizing to her, yep, sure was. Do i regret it? Not in the least.

Not once did i say anything out of line until she called me an asshole. I didn't make fun of her, didn't call her name's, just said that she needs to stop and take a step back and listen to what others are telling her.

If that's being an asshole, well, i guess to someone that can't handle criticism and critiquing, it could be construed as such.

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #29
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Just as an FYI - just because someone is blocked does not mean their threads/posts are invisible, just hidden. All you see is a collapsed post with the option to read the text or not.
Honestly, it makes no difference to me, I'm not saying anything now that i didn't or would have said before.

I just hope she gets the help she needs, i have my family in Indiana, the same roads that she may travel on.

Old May 26th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #30
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Honestly, it makes no difference to me, I'm not saying anything now that i didn't or would have said before.

I just hope she gets the help she needs, i have my family in Indiana, the same roads that she may travel on.
A beginner on a 400 lb 25hp bike. You are a drama queen.

Old May 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM   #31
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Ignore this post: it is a test.
I have engaged the @csmith12 5% solution.
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:15 AM   #32
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
A beginner on a 400 lb 25hp bike. You are a drama queen.
Not sure what any of that has to do with anything else. My beginner status is all but gone. I've put over 2500 miles on my bike in the last month, i don't have confidence issues, never laid down my bike, have no issue commuting, ride on the freeway often, have no issues with brake or throttle control, and have ridden with people that are amazed that I've had 4 weeks of seat time. Though i have taken an msf course about 20 years ago, so there's that.

On a side note, why the name calling? Have i called you any derogatory names?

Old May 26th, 2016, 11:22 AM   #33
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
You are right, I should not call you a drama queen. I will say you have been overly dramatic.

Sending flowers and Amanda being a threat to your family.

*Please see definition of drama queen*

Old May 26th, 2016, 11:38 AM   #34
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You are right, I should not call you a drama queen. I will say you have been overly dramatic.

Sending flowers and Amanda being a threat to your family.

*Please see definition of drama queen*
Ill give you overly dramatic, won't deny it, but tell me I'm wrong?

Have you been to 2 of your friends funerals, pushed your paralyzed cousin around, or sped 800 miles to see your dad after having his leg amputated, all from motorcycle accidents? Have you ever attended the funeral of a forum member that died in an accident? I can say that i have to every one of these situations.

Im no drama queen, I'm a realist. And the realist in me is trying to help her understand that she could be another statistic. Ever hear of scared straight? Sometimes, that works better than taking to someone based on their emotional deficiencies, stubbornness, hard headedness, and life goal to never be wrong.

Old May 26th, 2016, 11:44 AM   #35
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Ill give you overly dramatic, won't deny it, but tell me I'm wrong?

Have you been to 2 of your friends funerals, pushed your paralyzed cousin around, or sped 800 miles to see your dad after having his leg amputated, all from motorcycle accidents? Have you ever attended the funeral of a forum member that died in an accident? I can say that i have to every one of these situations.

Im no drama queen, I'm a realist. And the realist in me is trying to help her understand that she could be another statistic. Ever hear of scared straight? Sometimes, that works better than taking to someone based on their emotional deficiencies, stubbornness, hard headedness, and life goal to never be wrong.
It can also have the opposite effect and you are metaphorically blocked out and ignored.
No wait
I guess in your case that would be literally. LOL

I do try to avoid that word but it does have its place in our language, like ^

Old May 26th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #36
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
It can also have the opposite effect and you are metaphorically blocked out and ignored.
No wait
I guess in your case that would be literally. LOL

If she doesn't want to listen to anyone, that's not my problem, that's hers. I just hope in the next few weeks or months we don't have to see a post about her crashing. I'm not the i told you so tour of person, but i would in this case, enthusiastically.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (8.1 KB, 92 views)

Old May 26th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #37
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
If she doesn't want to listen to anyone, that's not my problem, that's hers. I just hope in the next few weeks or months we have to see a post about her crashing. I'm not the i told you so tour of person, but i would in this case, enthusiastically.
She is here looking for help and not drama.
I believe she is listening to calmer advice and that is where we disagree the most.

Old May 26th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #38
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
I think you should retake the MSF before you hurt yourself.
Just my opinion.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 26th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #39
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
She is here looking for help and not drama.
I believe she is listening to calmer advice and that is where we disagree the most.

I have to disagree with that. Seems to me she only listens to those that are saying what she wants to hear, then arguing or refuting the advice of those that aren't confirming to what she wants.

But that's just what i see.

Old May 26th, 2016, 12:07 PM   #40
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I think you should retake the MSF before you hurt yourself.
Just my opinion.

I'm not the one with the issues or seeking the advice of others about my riding in a public forum. However, if and when i do seek the advice of others, i'm receptive to everyone's opinion, because I'm asking for it.

until then, you have no idea of how well i ride or how poorly i ride either. So i can sense the trollness in your post.

But thanks for your opinion anyhow.

Closed Thread