ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 9th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #121
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

^^ Assen and Indy this year he employed the wait and pounce strategy. In case you have not been watching this season, the '15 213V CANNOT be ridden at/above the limit for 100% of the race or you end up on your face in the gravel. Every Honda rider mentioned the front wasn't going to hold all race and it would overheat. And when one Dani Pedrosa did finally push hard enough to take a stab at Marc, his tire was overheated and he ran wide, easily allowing Marc to slide back up the inside. Lorenzo was damn near faultless today and deserved to win.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2015, 08:38 AM   #122
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Here is the other thing. I do not believe Marc did anything wrong or intentional in PI. I really don't. He raced hard and put in an amazing last lap and won. His surprise and elation with the result was evident on his face. He was a bit shocked even he pulled that off.

Fast forward to Sepang Thursday, Rossi loses his composure and calls out Marc. EVERYONE is shocked and dumbfounded. He not only started shifting focus away from himself but OPENLY attacked Marquez. If you watched that press conference, it was obvious that everyone, including Marc, had a total WTF moment.

From that point on, everything changed. Rossi, in a rather undignified way, poked the bear. And in doing so started us on a journey that ultimately, and in a really really ugly unfortunate way, brought us to where it deserved to go anyways. With Jorge winning the title.

He simply was better. More laps led, more poles, more wins, and simply deserved to win. Now here is the thing. Could Marc had taken some desperate stabs at Lorenzo in Valencia? Probably. Would he have made them stick? Not sure. Dani tried and went wide easily giving the position back the Marc. He also could have ended up on the ground, something he really did not want to do AGAIN this season. Ultimately, do you risk crashing yourself and maybe a title contender, in the last race of the year, and in doing so help the guy who has been a total jerkbag and called you every ugly name under the sun for the last couple weeks?

Lorenzo did what he had to do, Rossi made his bed with this Marquez situation - both reaped the rewards of such.

Old November 9th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #123
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

While Rossi's breakout was truly epic, second half of the race was disgusting, save for Pedrosa's late effort. MM sure kept his man's arse covered.

Rossi is 100% right. This pretty much sums it up:
Attached Images
File Type: png bfs.png (627.0 KB, 9 views)
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2015, 12:11 PM   #124
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Lorenzo, “They knew what I had in play. The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.

“That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time.

“If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain.”

Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225...w877AWeF9Qp.99
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2015, 05:47 PM   #125
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Here is the other thing. I do not believe Marc did anything wrong or intentional in PI. I really don't. He raced hard and put in an amazing last lap and won. His surprise and elation with the result was evident on his face. He was a bit shocked even he pulled that off.

Fast forward to Sepang Thursday, Rossi loses his composure and calls out Marc. EVERYONE is shocked and dumbfounded. He not only started shifting focus away from himself but OPENLY attacked Marquez. If you watched that press conference, it was obvious that everyone, including Marc, had a total WTF moment.

From that point on, everything changed. Rossi, in a rather undignified way, poked the bear. And in doing so started us on a journey that ultimately, and in a really really ugly unfortunate way, brought us to where it deserved to go anyways. With Jorge winning the title.

He simply was better. More laps led, more poles, more wins, and simply deserved to win. Now here is the thing. Could Marc had taken some desperate stabs at Lorenzo in Valencia? Probably. Would he have made them stick? Not sure. Dani tried and went wide easily giving the position back the Marc. He also could have ended up on the ground, something he really did not want to do AGAIN this season. Ultimately, do you risk crashing yourself and maybe a title contender, in the last race of the year, and in doing so help the guy who has been a total jerkbag and called you every ugly name under the sun for the last couple weeks?

Lorenzo did what he had to do, Rossi made his bed with this Marquez situation - both reaped the rewards of such.
he had no problems with this in the second to last race of the year

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 9th, 2015, 06:04 PM   #126
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I'm glad Lorenzo won!

Maybe next year Bradley Smith will be faster? I could do with more of him in the press conferences.

Old November 10th, 2015, 12:49 AM   #127
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I'm glad Lorenzo won!

Maybe next year Bradley Smith will be faster? I could do with more of him in the press conferences.
Smith is awesome but maybe not alien material. He's had a fantastic year and I'd love to see more of him.

Other than that you're wrong and stupid n' stuff.
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2015, 02:05 AM   #128
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Great beginning, anticlimactic end. Nothing ever materialized despite all the yelling on FS1.

Would have been better to see JLo desperately clinging to a win instead of a train procession. I can watch F1 for that.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM   #129
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old November 11th, 2015, 08:22 AM   #130
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
he had no problems with this in the second to last race of the year
The difference being in the Sepang the guy he was fighting so tooth and nail just got done verbally slapping him in the face, and in Valencia he just got raked over the coals by Dorna and the FIM to not do it again. Context.

Either way it is over and the right man got his name on the trophy, on to 2016 ....... which at the moment is "Year of the Front End Crash" or "Year of the Playschool Electronics" depending on who is complaining in Valencia lol.

Old November 12th, 2015, 08:49 AM   #131
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
We have a bunch of peeps here who seemingly have the ability to read minds. It's way to easy to interpret what happened at PI,Sepang, and Valencia to fit whatever we want to believe happened. The problem is that any story that is put forth as the "truth" is impossible to disprove. That means it is all speculation and accomplishes nothing.

BTW, Mat Mladin was actually in MotoGP (before it was called MotoGP) He rode a 500 Cagiva in the world championships in 1995.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2015, 09:57 AM   #132
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post
any story that is put forth as the "truth" is impossible to disprove. That means it is all speculation and accomplishes nothing.
Accurate

Old November 19th, 2015, 09:46 AM   #133
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

And here's the Happy End

It looks like Lorenzo dumped that loser MM93, and is hanging out back with Rossi again...

The Happy Family has been last seen showing off their new baby Yamaha
Guess which one?
Attached Images
File Type: png bestFriends.png (234.7 KB, 12 views)
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote