ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 25th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Might be going bikeless soon

So I've come to the realization that as much as I like riding my bike every day that the weather and the drivers around here don't seem to care and make it more stressful and dangerous lately than I'd like. Which means I intend to sell my bike very soon and get a cage that's decent on gas.

I love riding, and I still plan to. Just going to be taking a break from it for a while. I have a lot of real life issues too that are kind of piling up and getting me stressed out and being on a bike with all that stuff on your mind probably isn't a great idea. I'll probably end up getting a dirt bike or track bike at some point though, that's definitely a possibility, but as far as riding on the street I don't think I can do that anymore for a while. 17k+ miles in a bit less than a year and a half is plenty of fun for me for a while and I'm lucky I've made it that many miles without getting myself hurt and I have you guys to thank for that. It's a great community here even though a good portion of threads turn into circle jerks you all mean well, definitely a lot better minds here than there are locally in bike clubs.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #2
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Good that you recognized that you should probably take a break. No harm in that. Also glad that you still intend to ride in a less stressful capacity. Riding on the street definitely can be ******. Hope you get back into riding sooner rather than later
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #3
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

I would say a bike is safer than your flying dog!

17k miles is quite a bit, and gearing lots of gear in the heat has to suck in FL, Then there is the blue-haired nice old ladies driving around in FL...

Stick around either way.

Old September 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #4
gibtzumich318
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Circle jerks?! Did I miss those somewhere along the way?!?!

Old September 25th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
So I've come to the realization that as much as I like riding my bike every day that the weather and the drivers around here don't seem to care and make it more stressful and dangerous lately than I'd like. Which means I intend to sell my bike very soon and get a cage that's decent on gas.

I love riding, and I still plan to. Just going to be taking a break from it for a while. I have a lot of real life issues too that are kind of piling up and getting me stressed out and being on a bike with all that stuff on your mind probably isn't a great idea. I'll probably end up getting a dirt bike or track bike at some point though, that's definitely a possibility, but as far as riding on the street I don't think I can do that anymore for a while. 17k+ miles in a bit less than a year and a half is plenty of fun for me for a while and I'm lucky I've made it that many miles without getting myself hurt and I have you guys to thank for that. It's a great community here even though a good portion of threads turn into circle jerks you all mean well, definitely a lot better minds here than there are locally in bike clubs.

The second my visor clicks shut everything else gets shut out & I'm 100% focused on the task at hand.

It's the bike that gets all the other **** out of my head.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
............I love riding, and I still plan to. Just going to be taking a break from it for a while. I have a lot of real life issues too that are kind of piling up and getting me stressed out and being on a bike with all that stuff on your mind probably isn't a great idea. ...................
Sorry to read this, my fellow Floridian.

But not riding Florida roads like Whiskey does overseas is a ticket for disaster.

I hope you will still wave to all of us from your car.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Yeah I'll still be looking out for riders and poke around the forum of course. Just i'll have two more wheels
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Samer
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samer

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

I'm a bit south of you in Jupiter. I completely respect your decision to take a break but I'm puzzled by your timing. The Summer hot humid and rainy season is officiallty over and we will be shortly rewarded with cooler and drier weather for months. While others are winterizing their bikes, I'm going to be riding for sure.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote