Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 12th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #81
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post
Yes, we have multiple Dremels for some reason.

Any other special tool needs?
On stuff to get bar ends and grips off if i change those out. If you dont have stuff to get them off i am sure there is a homedepot i can run to so for me i will e good i think, not sure what kevin and dustin need.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #82
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

I Cant think of anything special that I would need. Just time lol Would you happen to have a soldering iron? If I can get away without having to bring one that would be lovely
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #83
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
I Cant think of anything special that I would need. Just time lol Would you happen to have a soldering iron? If I can get away without having to bring one that would be lovely
You seem to know about LEds these will work in out dash wont they? does anything else need to be wired with them. i am also thinking of getting the hid white ones for the indicators and what not and use the grren ones for the dash illumination.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #84
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
You seem to know about LEds these will work in out dash wont they? does anything else need to be wired with them. i am also thinking of getting the hid white ones for the indicators and what not and use the grren ones for the dash illumination.
For the green ones get these, There out of california so you should have them very soon. I got mine in a day, they were white ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2Pcs-...Q5fAccessories

For the white ones these are the ones I got

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-Car-Side-Wedg...item5d2e76c906

I got 10, but you wont need that many because youll be using green ones also. From what I've read you dont need to have anything else, there just plug and play. And when you say HID you mean the bulbs that I put in mine right? As for those I got these, with the 6000k color

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

And after I pull the airbox ill be putting LED's inside the fearings to light up, not an underglow but just a little touch of light through the fearings

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #85
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
On stuff to get bar ends and grips off if i change those out. If you dont have stuff to get them off i am sure there is a homedepot i can run to so for me i will e good i think, not sure what kevin and dustin need.
I don't remember what's needed for bar ends. A torch? (I just remember that it's not easy if you're not prepared!)

Quote:
Yes, I have soldering irons and years of soldering experience.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #86
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Yes, I have soldering irons and years of soldering experience.
Good me too Do you want me to pick up solder, I know its kinda pricey for what it is, I'll go buy some if you want me to

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #87
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

Quote:
I don't remember what's needed for bar ends. A torch? (I just remember that it's not easy if you're not prepared!)
i have a #3 phillips head so a torch wont be needed

Quote:
Good me too Do you want me to pick up solder, I know its kinda pricey for what it is, I'll go buy some if you want me to
i have plenty o solder, thick and thin (i think 18g and 10g)
and flux
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #88
KJohnson21

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Don't worry about it, I've got plenty of solder. What're you hooking up?

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #89
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Don't worry about it, I've got plenty of solder. What're you hooking up?
I have some LED strips that I am going to put in the fearings for lights

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #90
KJohnson21

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
i have a #3 phillips head so a torch wont be needed
I'm pretty sure I've got that, but it can't hurt to have a spare.

You coming too, Kevin? Cool!

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #91
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

This is going to be another great tech day!!! So yeah, i'm 99% sure that ill have my Area P by next week!

12" Race with a conical tip

@Dustin- are you doing pods?

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #92
phr3ek
meow?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've got that, but it can't hurt to have a spare.

You coming too, Kevin? Cool!
yes i am,

if its going to be pretty far from now, i might be able to get the the parts i need for a swing arm swap

Old May 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #93
KJohnson21

So, who's up for the 21st and 22nd?

Old May 12th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #94
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
So, who's up for the 21st and 22nd?
I wish! I can only do the 22nd darn work

Old May 12th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #95
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Jeff... do you want my already chopped fender... and eliminator with led turns and led plate light? Pics can be found in my profile... I'd be willing to swap for your stock stuff... just an idea.

Kevin... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the pods and I think Kelly convinced me to get a kettle kit too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #96
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Jeff... do you want my already chopped fender... and eliminator with led turns and led plate light? Pics can be found in my profile... I'd be willing to swap for your stock stuff... just an idea.

Kevin... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the pods and I think Kelly convinced me to get a kettle kit too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ooo ooo! if jeff doesnt like that idea then I may be interested in the under tail. What makes you want to get rid of it?

Kettle kit? lol

Old May 12th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #97
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Ooo ooo! if jeff doesnt like that idea then I may be interested in the under tail. What makes you want to get rid of it?

Kettle kit? lol
Don't get too excited... not the undertail that I currently have... I wouldn't get rid of that for nothin'. I'm talking about the kit I used to have:

I would swap it for a stock fender because I barely passed base regs with this one... I doubt I'll pass with what I have. I don't need to renew my base decal until 2013... but I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a complete stock fender

and not kettle kit... stupid auto correct on my phone... how did it get kettle out of jet?

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #98
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Don't get too excited... not the undertail that I currently have... I wouldn't get rid of that for nothin'. I'm talking about the kit I used to have:
Darn! lol I was going to wonder why you would want to get rid of it!

Quote:
and not kettle kit... stupid auto correct on my phone... how did it get kettle out of jet?
Lol I even googled kettle kit and couldnt find anything! lol As for a jet kit, im in the same boat. I really wanted the Sportisi one but it wont be in stock till after the tech day So I think i'll just go with the dyno jet one

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #99
kkim

my on jet kits. Either go Dyno Jet or Factory Pro. Both have done a lot of research on their kits and have excellent reputations behind them.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #100
Cazper
ninjaholic

Kelly... 2 quick questions... best place (price and quick delievery) to purchase a jet kit and also (I'm gonna re-read the DIY) do I need more than just the 0990 pod for the airbox delete?

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #101
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Kelly you may know this. Area P sells the standard dynojet and there own custom dynojet kits for $10 more.

US$89.95 Customized AreaP/Dynojet Kit
US$79.95 Standard Dynojet Kit

From there site:

*Area P customized Dynojet kit includes 3 additional sets of main jets, stainless steel Allen Head screws for carb top caps and float bowls, Allen wrench. Primarily used when oem airbox is removed and replaced with K&N Dual Flange air filter and Crankcase breather element and/or Racing.

Is it worth the extra $10 for the customized kit? I know for sure in the custom kit ill use the carb cap screws, but not sure its worth $10. What are your thoughts?

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #102
kkim

are you going to do the airbox delete? if so, FP is the only one that includes the proper main jets in their kits for this.

you'll also need a crankcase breather and depending if you've done it yet, the Kleen system should be removed.

this is a lot of work we're talking about and highly doubt it could be accomplished in a day. (including tuning)

Sorry, no quick delivery vendors for either kit that I know of... unless you're close to Area P?? Kerry sells Dyno Jet, but I'm sure he also has the proper main jets for the airbox delete.

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #103
phr3ek
meow?

area p is local to SoCal
i believe its about 30 min away from kevin
1 hour for san diegonites

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #104
kkim

Quote:
Kelly you may know this. Area P sells the standard dynojet and there own custom dynojet kits for $10 more.

US$89.95 Customized AreaP/Dynojet Kit
US$79.95 Standard Dynojet Kit

From there site:

*Area P customized Dynojet kit includes 3 additional sets of main jets, stainless steel Allen Head screws for carb top caps and float bowls, Allen wrench. Primarily used when oem airbox is removed and replaced with K&N Dual Flange air filter and Crankcase breather element and/or Racing.

Is it worth the extra $10 for the customized kit? I know for sure in the custom kit ill use the carb cap screws, but not sure its worth $10. What are your thoughts?
just the cost of 3 sets of main jets is worth way more than $10. add the other stuff he includes and to me it's more than worth it.

I know it seems like a lot of money when you total it up, but trust me, jetting is one of the best mods you can make to your bikes, even though you can't "see" what you've spent your money on. The $$$ will be worth it when you get the bikes jetted spot on and you're at the exit of a turn and grab a handful. Throttle response!

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #105
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
are you going to do the airbox delete? if so, FP is the only one that includes the proper main jets in their kits for this.

you'll also need a crankcase breather and depending if you've done it yet, the Kleen system should be removed.

this is a lot of work we're talking about and highly doubt it could be accomplished in a day. (including tuning)

Sorry, no quick delivery vendors for either kit that I know of... unless you're close to Area P?? Kerry sells Dyno Jet, but I'm sure he also has the proper main jets for the airbox delete.
Yeah im super close to Area P thats why I was thinking Dynojet. But if factory pro is better then im going to have to find a dealer, but doesnt look like theres anything around Maybe ill just get the Custom Area P DJ kit cuz they say it comes with a couple more jets, maybe it will have the bigger ones for the airbox delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
area p is local to SoCal
i believe its about 30 min away from kevin
1 hour for san diegonites
15min

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #106
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

I would like to do the airbox delete... so I should look for factory pro then huh... with airbox delete and a full Yoshi do you know off hand what the best setup is?

do you happen to remember or know the brand or model of crankcase breather or does it matter? No need for Kleen system removal... I don't have a CA bike... so it never had one.

You'd be suprised what we can get done in a day... should have seen the last tech day we had

I'm also only a little over an hour south of Anaheim where Area P is located... wonder if he carries it and I can walk in and pickup? Man... that might be worth a quick trip up the 5

Sorry for all the questions and if I need to just search I'll do that too... I appreciate any help you can give to make things quicker... feeling a little lazy...lol

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #107
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Seriously kelly your great! I feel so loved with all the attention

I'm looking though the jetting data base to see what im going to need for the mains. When I pick up my exhaust ill just pick up the custom DJ kit

And I agree with dustin, we get ALOT done it one day This should be no prob lol

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #108
kkim

Quote:
I would like to do the airbox delete... so I should look for factory pro then huh... with airbox delete and a full Yoshi do you know off hand what the best setup is?

no, DJ will work if you have access to larger jets. Kerry should be able to help you out... PM him. Kbryant here on ninjette. Check the jetting database for setups that are close to what you're planning to get a better idea of what jetting is needed as a baseline.

do you happen to remember or know the brand or model of crankcase breather or does it matter?

I don't remember what it was. That you will need to search... IIRC, cuong had a filter on this crankcase breather.

No need for Kleen system removal... I don't have a CA bike... so it never had one.

no, not CA emissions crap... Kleen system. every 250R has it.

You'd be suprised what we can get done in a day... should have seen the last tech day we had

I'm also only a little over an hour south of Anaheim where Area P is located... wonder if he carries it and I can walk in and pickup? Man... that might be worth a quick trip up the 5

see above. It would be a trip that would be well worth it if you can meet up with Kerry.

Sorry for all the questions and if I need to just search I'll do that too... I appreciate any help you can give to make things quicker... feeling a little lazy...lol

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #109
kkim

Quote:
Seriously kelly your great! I feel so loved with all the attention

I'm looking though the jetting data base to see what im going to need for the mains. When I pick up my exhaust ill just pick up the custom DJ kit

And I agree with dustin, we get ALOT done it one day This should be no prob lol
Like I said, I think you guys have a really good thing going by supporting each other and working together. I'd like to help by making sure you guys get pointed in the right direction so you all can enjoy your bikes to the fullest. I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries by posting in a socal thread. Give props to those with experience, knowledge and tools that will be helping you guys out on your tech day... they are the ones that really deserve your gratitude and praise.

Have a clear picture of what all you want done to your bikes and then research as much as you can here on ninjette and on other forums as well. Information and knowledge is key to any successful project.

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #110
phr3ek
meow?

Quote:

they do have an actual shop where you can purchase items and place an order in person

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #111
Cazper
ninjaholic

I wasn't sure if it was an actual shop... thanks for clarifying Kevin! Sometimes smaller companies don't have actual shops

I'm a fairly savy guy that does most of his own modding... just feel a little overwhealmed with this whole jetting thing. Now I obviously need to look at the whole kleen air removal... somehow I thought that was the CA emmisions crap. Time for more reading...

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #112
kkim

some good carb tuning info...
http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html

kleen removal...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9948

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #113
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

When I talked to Kerry, the custom Dynojet kit extras are 4 stainless steel screws, Allen wrench, and main jets sizes 104, 106, and 108 which will be needed for pods and definitely worth $10 (jets alone costs $12). The regular Dynojet kit only comes with 96, 98, and 100 (and maybe 94, can't remember).

I do have a crankcase filter but it's different than Kelly's. Mine attaches directly over while Kelly's has a hose and clamp (probably more secure). Another local here just bought his pods/breather locally so I can ask him where he got them (I think pep boys). Not sure if Alex got his yet. Tuning the jets do take awhile but Kerry has a good baseline on where to start (106 or 108 with his full exhaust and pods). Not sure the elevation in Indio, but that will also affect your results since we're mostly sea level here.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #114
Cazper
ninjaholic

And this is why I'm glad you know what you are doing Cuong!!! Just tell me what to buy and I'm all over it!!

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #115
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

@Kelly- Not to but I dont think dustins ever came with a Kleen air system, we were all shocked when we saw his internals of his bike... I may still be wrong, but i know mine is gone as of last tech day

Ok so its the custom kit for sure!! Seems like a really great deak, I'm going to go with the 108 for the first time around and see how that goes, and with the washers in the third position

I'm getting really excited!

For the pods I got these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Took three days to ship

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #116
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

All the 250's come come with the Kleen Air system and it's part of your airbox. Dustin's bike doesn't have the extra CA vapor emissions which we removed from your bike (we removed the Kleen Air hose too which was that really thick hose).

Just an fyi to go with what Kelly said, installing pods take quite some time. You have to pretty much remove everything from the bike (including undertail). I'll ask Glenn if he's able to make it because I'm not sure if I can do that weekend. He did his pod install last week.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #117
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Kelly im sorry for doubting you!!!

(Finally found a need for that one, lol)

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #118
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Ken- dont know how early you get up, but I'm thinking I should get there pretty early if its going to be such a long day! Whats too early for you?

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #119
HypnoKhaos
Deep inside...your mind..

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja Zx6r 636

I plan on putting on the growler slip on at tech day. What else will I need to optimize performance with this exhaust? Should I get a dynojet stage 2 jet kit and a K&N high flo replacement filter? If not these, then what do you recommend?

Also, I do eventually plan on a full exhaust, one day.

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #120
Cazper
ninjaholic

All I did with my slipon was shim the needles with 3 washers each and de-snorkeled my bike... it runs really well this way. If you want to do more to it... thats on you brotha!!

Cuong, am I just getting over ambitious then and should leave the pods for another time? I realize that means rejetting again... but I don't think that I want to end up not getting things accomplished because we run out of time...