Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 5th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

My sweet Amy

Here's Amy, my 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

And this is my first ever build thread for a bike. I've owned her for just over 2 weeks now. She had 9,200 miles when I bought her.

Already bought her an oil change, switched her to synthetic oil which I am glad I did, seems to start much easier.

Anyway, here's a list of mods I want to do:

-Shorty levers $40 CHECK
Saw a few on amazon, I'd like some because I know it would make shifting and braking easier/safer.
-- I bought some green shortys for $50, worth every penny!

-Hand grips $20
Not a necessity by any means, since I have gloves. But I want to upgrade it since it's so cheap and it would help a little.

-Slip on exhaust $200-300 - CHECK
Loud pipes save lives, I believe that. Not up for debate, I know people have their opinions. Plus I think stock looks ugly, would prefer a different look.
-- I bought a Mussari slip on, sounds great and looks amazing! All for $200 shipped... I am quite happy!

-New wind screen (stock, tinted) $30 CHECK
My old one has a few scratches on it, not a priority but it would make the bike look cleaner
-Bought a "double bubble" for $15, pretty good deal!

-Tires $250 + mounting and balancing
Tires are stock, so 2 years old and nearly 10k miles on em, need to be replaced soon, they have plenty of tread left, but I know that our stock tires are crap so I would like to get better more reliable tires.

Iridium plugs $20 CHECK
Not much of a mod lol, but I know they're better, so I'm throwing them on the list.

Fixing/replacing back seat/getting a cover (cowl)
small rip in the back seat, could easily repair, which I will probably do or just get that cowl thing that goes over it, pretty expensive though so most likely just repair.

Possible seat change $300 CHECK - Corbin seat
Stock seat SUCKS, but then again, spending $300 does too. Very low on the list, but on the list none-the-less.

Brake Pads $30
They have some life to them, just something that needs to be done in the not so distant future

15 tooth sprocket $15
Want to improve gas mileage, lower revs and less immediate shifting off the line.

Flush mount turn signals $35
Still on the fence about this one, flush mounts look nicer. But often require some extra work to get them right with the bike and I may or may not be up for the task.

Green reflective rim tape $40
Looks good and it is going to improve safety.

Bike Stands $50
Help with maintence

Bike Cover $20 CHECK
She get's cold at night
=============================
I will add to this list as I think of more things.

I think first thing I'm going to go for is the shortys, then the slip on. Then after that it's whatever I feel like going for. lol

This thread is going to be used as a build thread also as a photo gallery for my Amy. <3

Last futzed with by Hero Danny; August 30th, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
Hero Danny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #2
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Cool pics, nice bike! Looks like it's in great shape.

I can hardly wait to switch to synthetic also. I'm getting some replacement levers too, to get more adjustability than the stock levers provide.

Are you thinking about a fender eliminator at all? I'm doing one that retains the stock turn signals, it makes the bike look even better.

Isn't it fun thinking about all the stuff you want to do? Having something to work on and change up is always cool.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #3
verboten1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
Save yourself $15 and get the levers on ebay. I have a few sets on my bikes.

Like this set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-CNC-C...97e52&vxp=mtr#

The last set I got I paid $27, just as nice as my set that I paid $60 for

I love that color!

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
very nice, welcome to team green man

alright, onto your mod choices. For the most part I agree with your mods but there are a few that I have suggestions for.
Exhaust, slip ons sound great but you don't really get much for the money, all you're paying for here is sound when a bit more for a full exhaust gets you the power gains too (power gains come from the headers) just something to consider as 5hp is a big deal on our bikes.
The windscreen replacement, if you're going to spend money on a new windscreen then you may as well get a double bubble and improve the aerodynamics of the bike (wind would go over your helmet rather than right into it (or into your neck depending on your height) this is a huge improvement if you find yourself riding in the rain)
Tires, which ones you want depend on your riding style. Bridgestone bt-45s are regarded as the best for touring/commuting, Pirelli DRIIs have crazy good grip (I have pirelli sport demons on my track only pregen and the grip feels great) but wear super fast in comparison. I'm running the michelin pilot street radials on my N300 and they're a great in between option, I have only felt them slip a bit under hard riding in conditions where the stock IRCs would have likely already lost it. They have good life and they grip well in all conditions (including rain, especially rain)
As for the seat change you don't need to change out the seat to improve it. @Sykes92 got an improvement to his seat and can weigh in more about that, if I remember right it was reasonably priced too.

edit: I'm running the above levers and can vouch they're worth every penny at that price
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2014, 04:37 AM   #5
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

@c-dog - Thanks man! Yeah, I noticed an immediate difference when I switched oils, like day and night. Although who knows what the hell the kid before me was running o_O

@verboten1 - Thanks for the link! Those are shortys? Awesome, I wonder how close that green is to my green? Or should I just go with black?

@Sirref - I really only want the bike to sound better, I would go full exhaust but I just really would prefer not to mess with the carbs and I heard you have to rejett them and all that jazz. So I want to avoid that whole mess. As for tires, I would really like the best I can get for a reasonable price. I would prefer they last at least 2 years which would be roughly 6k miles. I don't really like the looks of larger wind screens, I know they have all kinds of benefits but they make the bikes look less sporty in my opinion. As for the seat, that would be great if there was a cheaper solution, I've considered shoving foam pads down my pants to support my bum lmao.

Old July 6th, 2014, 07:08 AM   #6
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Congrats, Danny! She's looks great. Any plans in the near future for her?
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #7
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ah, beautiful candy lime '12. Isn't that the most awesome color out there? Amy is a lovely lady. Treat her right.

IF those are the same levers that I got, the green originally matches your color nicely and they look great. Mine have been on the bike for about two years now and have lost the battle with the sun. They are now faded down to a greenish turquoise. It was subtle enough I didn't notice until someone asked why I had blueish levers.

If you aren't tucking fully behind the windscreen and just want a dark look, a cheaper alternative is to PlastiDip the inside black. The view from the outside is a glossy black and the inside is now a cubby you can stuff things into and no one will see it from the front. I personally thought it helped in reading the gauges since that area was shaded. Beyond that, I know the touring shields look silly, but the double bubble is just slightly higher than stock keeping the sleek sporty look. If you find yourself in a headwind often enough, it may be worth it to do some research.

If you are planning on 3000 miles a year, what sort of riding are you expecting to do? General commuting, weekend playing around, canyon carving? While the IRCs aren't good, they aren't bad either. I loved when I upgraded to the Pirellis, but I was doing track days and wanted improved grip as I learned the edges of my abilities (which are no where near my bike's). Now that I am doing long trips, I wanted something that I wouldn't have to replace every month. Not saying you shouldn't upgrade tires, just pointing out have a reason before dropping the cash. You've already mentioned that the stocks are two years old and have close to 10k on them, that meets your listed requirements.

Otherwise, looking sweet and excited for you as you make Amy yours!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2014, 08:16 AM   #8
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

About time you made a thread for her!
She is stunning mate. I would also suggest adding flush mount turn signals to your list of mods.

Old July 6th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #9
verboten1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
Not sure if those are shorties, usually have the option, I just grabbed the first link I found. The point was that's the same thing you'll get on amazon, just cheaper

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #10
fishdip

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
-Slip on exhaust $200-300
Loud pipes save lives, I believe that. Not up for debate, I know people have their opinions. Plus I think stock looks ugly, would prefer a different look.

You should get a Harley then.

Old July 6th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #11
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Prepare for maximum brap brap.

Old July 6th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #12
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

time to check

Hero Danny with 9200 miles on her and you said it starts easier with Oil change (shouldn't have anything to do with starting) I'd forego spending any money on accessories and spend the money checking the valve lash clearance or have a shop check them unless PO can show proof it was done. One sign the clearance is off could be hard starting. This is money well spent. If you have some mechanical skills pick up a shop manual and go over the 7500 mile service. That's where I'd invest my money right now. Wardie

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #13
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
Congrats, Danny! She's looks great. Any plans in the near future for her?
Thanks man! I'm definitely going to do the levers first since they're so cheap and easy to install. Next it will most likely be changing the gearing sprocket after that I will be looking into tires or the slip on exhaust

@NevadaWolf THANK YOU! For the kind words, means a lot. I will take very good care of her, don't you worry!
-About the whole wind screen thing I said earlier. I think I may actually consider the double bubble. I think you're right with it being still sporty looking, I admit it doesn't look as good as stock, but it's not bad either and the performance/mileage gains will be enough to make the switch... then $80 price tag does put it slightly lower on the list though.
-As for tires, I mainly just ride them around town, going around rural roads, etc. I don't go to the track and probably won't for a long time and there are no good twisties around here. I just want a tire that has good traction and will last a decent amount of miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
About time you made a thread for her!
She is stunning mate. I would also suggest adding flush mount turn signals to your list of mods.
Thanks man! Flush signals - added to the list. Although I will be cautious about which ones I buy, I want them to be bright to remain visible (my old ones on my old bike were really crappy). Also I want to make sure the wiring will be plug and play, my old ones had a little correcting needed to be done.

@fishdip - I honestly don't care for harleys, I actually really only like sport bikes, not really into cruisers. Also, I don't want something obnoxious sounding. I just want to be heard, My bike is SILENT. I had my brother try it out and I couldn't barely here him coming when he flew by my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardie View Post
Hero Danny with 9200 miles on her and you said it starts easier with Oil change (shouldn't have anything to do with starting) I'd forego spending any money on accessories and spend the money checking the valve lash clearance or have a shop check them unless PO can show proof it was done. One sign the clearance is off could be hard starting. This is money well spent. If you have some mechanical skills pick up a shop manual and go over the 7500 mile service. That's where I'd invest my money right now. Wardie
Well, I believe the wrong type of oil may have been used by the previous owner (who only owned her for one month and put only 200 miles on her) over filled the oil. not by much, about a half quart. But still. I drained it and put the correct synthetic oil and it was much better.

I second the shop manual, but I think there are some PDF versions floating around here? [please link me if you have one] I can't justify spending $80 on a book that has most if not all information for free online. If I could pick one up for like $40 or less then I would.

As for the valve adjustments, I wanted to do them but when I called up a local motorcycle shop they quoted me $500 for a valve adjustment. I pretty much called them insane and said I won't be needing their robbery services (lol, that was a fun convo). Kawasaki dealer is located roughly 50 miles away from me, so I will ask them and see if they can quote me a decent price. I heard online that about $150 is what you should pay... I will look up on how to do it myself, I do have some mechanical skills, I also have a really terrible time trusting shops.. They could just completely not do the valves and say they did o_O

Old July 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #14
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

"I do have some mechanical skills, I also have a really terrible time trusting shops.. They could just completely not do the valves and say they did o_O "

I understand the reluctance of taking the bike to shop. I'd speak to the service advisor and ask him if once they got down to actually adjusting the valves that you'd like to take a peak at what's under the valve cover. Maybe he says yes come see and maybe he says they have an insurance agreement prohibiting you from walking back and looking at bike. If your Kawai shop says the later than I'd keep looking for another dealer.

Maybe post up your location and see of any members are close by that could stop and lend a hand. This forum is great for members help outs. Good luck nice bike. Wardie

Old July 6th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #15
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

I'm located on the south coast of MA, in Plymouth county, If anyone has any local dealers that do good work.

Also, that's a good idea. I will ask them that, if they have an issue then, like you said, I won't use them.

Old July 11th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #16
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Well, I tried to do the 15t sprocket swap but didn't end up working out. But it's okay, I was able to adjust my clutch lever and I'm very happy I did! Shifting is much easier now! So Amy and I went on our usual trip today, took some pictures of her having fun by the water.

Also, my shorty lever came in! I was going to buy the $25 ebay ones but they said they wouldn't arrive until August 20th!! I cannot wait until late august for them, that's literally the entire summer for me. So I went ahead and spent $50 on some other ebay ones that arrived 4 days after I bought them, completely worth double the price in my mind.

Only the best for Amy.

My review on the levers, is 5 star. Absolutely, braking and pulling in the clutch is 100 times easier and more comfortable. My only complaint is that it the brake lever had a couple small scratches on it... No big deal, barely noticeable. You literally have to put your head 2 feet away to see it. So I'm happy, even for the high price of $50, i'm happy.

In retrospect, I shouldn't of gotten the green, doesn't look bad, but doesn't match Amy very well. Oh well, Next time i'll just do boring black

Old July 12th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #17
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

You're doing good, yo!

You feel any different pulling a shorty clutch lever compared to stock?

Old July 12th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #18
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh2jz View Post
You're doing good, yo!

You feel any different pulling a shorty clutch lever compared to stock?
Yes, I love the shorty's. They were completely worth the $50. My only regret is getting green, but I don't really care. As long as the functionality is there. lol

To anybody running stock levers, I highly recommend upgrading, it seriously improves shifting and overall feel of the bike, it's hard to explain but the fact that you can shift with two fingers and don't have to worry about the lever crushing the other fingers is just beautiful. Also I feel more confident working the brake now.

5 stars all the way!

Old July 12th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #19
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Yes, I love the shorty's. They were completely worth the $50. My only regret is getting green, but I don't really care. As long as the functionality is there. lol

To anybody running stock levers, I highly recommend upgrading, it seriously improves shifting and overall feel of the bike, it's hard to explain but the fact that you can shift with two fingers and don't have to worry about the lever crushing the other fingers is just beautiful. Also I feel more confident working the brake now.

5 stars all the way!
I think the green looks good. Whenever you get anodized stuff it's never going to match perfect.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #20
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Amy is beautiful!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #21
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Well, I tried to do the 15t sprocket swap but didn't end up working out. But it's okay, I was able to adjust my clutch lever and I'm very happy I did! Shifting is much easier now! So Amy and I went on our usual trip today, took some pictures of her having fun by the water.

Is that England across the pond?

Old July 13th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #22
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Amy is beautiful!
Thanks!

Old July 18th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #23
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Bought a new Musarri Slip On Exhaust. Ran me $200 but worth every penny...

It's safe to say that Amy is no longer a Ninja

Old July 18th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #24
guambra2001
ZX-3T/R

Name: Andres

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

After doing a bunch of research, I landed on the Musarri. I haut installed it today and I'm happy to say it looks and sounds great. Yours looks good too.
guambra2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #25
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guambra2001 View Post
After doing a bunch of research, I landed on the Musarri. I haut installed it today and I'm happy to say it looks and sounds great. Yours looks good too.
Thanks!

It's really a great slip on, I couldn't be happier! It was one of the cheapest slip ons on the market and sounds great and looks amazing. It adds some extra throttle response which is much welcomed.

No jetting necessary either, I completely recommend to anyone who wants to personalize their bike.

Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:39 PM   #26
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Took Amy to the beach today, well, more like Amy took me to the beach!

I also started really experimenting with effects, It's pretty fun!!

Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:43 PM   #27
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Gotta do something about that tail and the turn signals but at least you got rid of the orange reflectors. You're coming around.

BTW, good thing you blurred out the plate or someone would for sure blow up your bike.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:21 PM   #28
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Gotta do something about that tail and the turn signals but at least you got rid of the orange reflectors. You're coming around.
Yeah, I'll definitely look for a fender eliminator kit some time. They are little pricey, ($100ish) but definitely on the to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
BTW, good thing you blurred out the plate or someone would for sure blow up your bike.
Hey, you can never be too careful. I want to start VLoging with my bike sometime and I want to retain my anonymity as best I can.

Old July 27th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #29
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

10,000 miles today!!!

Old July 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #30
Obey Reaper
Candy Lime Green

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Hell yeah man. Now ya gotta buy her a new present to celebrate.

Now if you realllly wanna play the miles game...

Broke 2,000 a few days ago.

She was still a virgin when I got her 8 weeks ago lol

That digital clock on your dash is awesome by the way. Does it light up at night?
Obey Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #31
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
^ I have that exact same yoshi keychain, though mine is a good bit dirtier from riding through weather of all types lol

congrats on almost hitting 1000mi of riding experience, just 200 left to go!

Old July 28th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #32
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:

10,000 miles today!!!
I remember riding down an empty side road when my gauge rolled from 09999 to 10k. It is so cool to see that 1 finally come into view.

Congrats on the mileage milestone!!

Old July 28th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #33
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Great pictures! I particularly like the first on in your OP.

Bike is looking good.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #34
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Reaper View Post
That digital clock on your dash is awesome by the way. Does it light up at night?
The clock is advertised that it lights up, but mine is either defective or I am just too stupid to figure it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
congrats on almost hitting 1000mi of riding experience, just 200 left to go!
I put about 1,000 on my old pregen before I sold it, so I'm at around 1,800

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I remember riding down an empty side road when my gauge rolled from 09999 to 10k. It is so cool to see that 1 finally come into view.

Congrats on the mileage milestone!!
Lol, mine hit 10k right when I was on a dang bridge so I had to cross the thing fully before I could safely pull over and snap a photo (hense it almost saying 10000.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Great pictures! I particularly like the first on in your OP.

Bike is looking good.
Thanks!

Old July 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #35
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Lol, mine hit 10k right when I was on a dang bridge so I had to cross the thing fully before I could safely pull over and snap a photo (hense it almost saying 10000.1
ROFL yep, my 20k was smack in the middle of a turn with a wall on one side and a cliff on the other. I saw it as I straightened up and found a tiny tiny patch of dirt to pull into to catch the picture before the .1 showed.

Ah the weird things we do.

Old July 30th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #36
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Bought a "double bubble" Not really a double, but still a little bit of an increase in horsepower! (I'm joking..)

Old August 24th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #37
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

No update in almost a month so here is one,

I passed the MSF course, got my license and then I added comprehensive to my Amy. So if someone ever steals her or vandalizes her I only have a $300 deductible and i'll be compensated for it. I feel a lot better now...

Also I'm about to get her valves professionally checked, i'll be sure to update on how that turned out.

Old August 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #38
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Small update,

One of Amy's eyes were not working, so I got it fixed (the low beam)

Also I found Amy A blanket (cover) which only ran me $20, it's water proof, also heat proof (silver lining) So I do not have to worry about the exhaust melting the cover onto it. It also came with a carrying case.

Old August 30th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #39
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Today I decided to do some work on Amy... First, I had to get her Naked (that's my dad working on removing the coils)

So I decided that I was going to pull the plugs and replace them with some NGK Iridium's.

Here are the old plugs, pretty well had it if you ask me..

While I was replacing my plugs I decided I would take a look at the air filter....

Oh... my... god, I even found a bubble gum wrapper in there! And yes, that is pure grease on the side of it. (I didn't take a picture after, but it was much cleaner, this is each side)

As luck would have it, my Corbin seat arrived! I quickly installed it!

Stock seat:

Corbin (left) Stock (right)

Corbin seat installed:

After the install I took Amy around for a 50 mile trip, Amy seemed to have a little bit more spunk, not much though, Oh well, It's good to have a bit of maintenance done anyway. The Corbin seat is a BIG improvement over stock, I love it. I recommend anyone consider one if you hate the stock seat.

Old September 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #40
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Well, everyone, today it happened... I sold Amy for 3 grand with all stock and after market parts... I felt bad about it, but I went to a kawi dealer and they had a 300 that they allowed me to TEST RIDE which is amazing since I don't have collision insurance and i've only had my license for 1 month, but they took a risk even though you could tell they didn't want to.

I had to sell her, I need a 300. I want one so bad it is seriously DAY AND NIGHT different... the performance is unreal.

Sorry guys, but this build thread ends here I hope the kid will love this bike as much as I did.