Old October 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #41
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
...why are you on a motorcycle?

Read this.

And what could possibly lead you to think that 110 is a safe speed on something marked 25? We're all guilty of speeding (we'd be lying if we said otherwise) but seriously; time and place.

The level of maturity you're showing here is astounding. Yes, you just had your maturity questioned by a 20 year old goofy-grinned-bathroomhumor-loving college student who still watches SpongeBob on Saturday mornings.

Take some responsibility for your actions and know what's appropriate for the roads.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #42
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Well, he did say he has a lot of problems with America.

People can and do leave for all kinds of reasons and are happy.

But beware. The grass may not really be greener over there.

To the OP, good luck. You may need it.

Just my $0.02, but this sounds an awful lot like someone thinking only of immediate concerns, not considering long-term implications. Leaving your country because you can't drive fast? That seems pretty short-sighted to me.

What's the job market look like where you're going? How welcoming are they of foreigners in general, and Americans in particular, taking jobs from their own citizens? People love it when you bring money to their country. When you move there and start taking up space, it's a different conversation. Sure, maybe you can RETIRE in Belize and live well, but retirees bring money to live on. You're not doing that. You've got a few thousand bucks, a motorcycle and you're looking for work.

How much does it cost to live? REALLY cost to live (taxes, fuel, food....)? Are the roads even up to what you want to do? Driving 120 mph won't look like so much fun if the roads are crappy and gas costs $8 a gallon.
I have a hatred of american politics and I have been intending to leave the country as I graduate for years though the destination keeps changing as I study the world around me. Though the reason for the thread is a largely knee jerk reaction for a run in with the police in what I feel was the stupidest way possible. (there are never police on that road at night, there's never anyone there at night)
However I have learned from this reaction that the isle of man is most likely a no go due to cost of living, manx hating of immigrants, and the fact that there are monopolies controlling the ability to leave the island making travel ridiculously expensive.
Italy, Germany, Australia, and Canada are what are currently on the board each with their own reasons for me wanting to go there. Wanting to leave america isn't something that is spur of the moment for me but rather something that I have wanted to do for a while, won't do until I graduate university, and am not taking lightly. Though I could do it now that would leave much to be desired long term.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #43
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
...run in with the police in what I feel was the stupidest way possible.
I agree.

Going 110 in a 25 is incredibly stupid.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #44
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
...why are you on a motorcycle?

And what could possibly lead you to think that 110 is a safe speed on something marked 25? We're all guilty of speeding (we'd be lying if we said otherwise) but seriously; time and place.

The level of maturity you're showing here is astounding. Yes, you just had your maturity questioned by a 20 year old goofy-grinned-bathroomhumor-loving college student who still watches SpongeBob on Saturday mornings.

Take some responsibility for your actions and know what's appropriate for the roads.
It's my goal to eventually race though I don't have money for track days at this time so I use a small displacement bike and try to learn as much as I can technique wise to prepare myself for track days.
experience with the road in question, most of the road is 80 or so mph with a few braking points for some of the blind corners the point where I was going 110 it is a straightaway followed by a pair of sweeping corners that you can take without getting off the throttle followed by another straightaway, by the time you reach the second straightaway you're typically pushing the bike to be topped out and you just ride that to get airtime off the bridge.

yea I'm an immature jackass, but hey I'd probably watch spongebob on saturday mornings if I was awake for it. the show is ridiculous. I'm not claiming to be mature, nor do I really want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I agree.

Going 110 in a 25 is incredibly stupid.
I guess I walked into that, stupidest way possible being that I didn't just pass the truck as I got behind him and clear the roundabout before the officer got behind me to get my plates, or some other evasive move since I can't win on outright speed excluding twisty roads (not that it even matters with radio/plates)

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #45
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Seriously dude? Using street to practice for track days? Wow.

If you're older than 13 and not racing already, prepare yourself to never race for anything other than pride. It will never be more than an expensive hobby. Ever.

You think you have a shot at racing competitively? Go to a track day as a spectator and watch the advanced guys flow effortlessly. #realitycheck and that's not even race pace, that's just track day pace.

You make nickjpass look like an adult. Sell the bike until you're mature enough to handle your hormones when you operate a vehicle and grow up.

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #46
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
I never said race professionally, largely race against myself which I'm already doing despite the fact that I can't time laps or anything like that.

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #47
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
It's my goal to eventually race though I don't have money for track days at this time so I use a small displacement bike and try to learn as much as I can technique wise to prepare myself for track days.
experience with the road in question, most of the road is 80 or so mph with a few braking points for some of the blind corners the point where I was going 110 it is a straightaway followed by a pair of sweeping corners that you can take without getting off the throttle followed by another straightaway, by the time you reach the second straightaway you're typically pushing the bike to be topped out and you just ride that to get airtime off the bridge.

yea I'm an immature jackass, but hey I'd probably watch spongebob on saturday mornings if I was awake for it. the show is ridiculous. I'm not claiming to be mature, nor do I really want to be.

I guess I walked into that, stupidest way possible being that I didn't just pass the truck as I got behind him and clear the roundabout before the officer got behind me to get my plates, or some other evasive move since I can't win on outright speed excluding twisty roads (not that it even matters with radio/plates)

I see your future... it's messy and someone else has to clean you... i mean it, up.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #48
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
mrawr. evil kitty says MREOWW.

Old October 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #49
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Sell your 300 and get a dirt bike. Street riding isn't for you.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #50
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R and '13 ZX-6R

Quote:
You should really just get a 600cc or 1000cc, if you had a bike with more top end speed you would have been able to pass the truck and the cop would have never been able to catch up to you let alone see you.

Problem Solved.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #51
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizzle View Post
You should really just get a 600cc or 1000cc, if you had a bike with more top end speed you would have been able to pass the truck and the cop would have never been able to catch up to you let alone see you.

Problem Solved.
I could have passed the truck without issue as it was, I just didn't think the cop would bother turning around for some reason.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #52
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Quote:
I could have passed the truck without issue as it was, I just didn't think the cop would bother turning around for some reason.
Wait so you saw the cop and didn't expect him to come pull you over?

That might be even more stupid than going 110mph at night in a 25mph zone then wanting to expatriate because you got a slap on the wrist for being an idiot.

Maybe you should get a Vespa.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #53
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Wait so you saw the cop and didn't expect him to come pull you over?

That might be even more stupid than going 110mph at night in a 25mph zone then wanting to expatriate because you got a slap on the wrist for being an idiot.

Maybe you should get a Vespa.
probably is stupider, but oh well...and no way would I ever get a vespa.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #54
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
If your still in the US, I would like to take this time to formally invite you to come to mid-ohio next season. We have a blast, you can bet your sweet arse on that.

Link to original page on YouTube.

You will leave very tired, happy, having a sense of accomplishment and quite possibly learned a thing or two. But.... the next time you ride the street, you will soon realize, that you forgot your need for speed at the track.

ps.. You can come too chone

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #55
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Quote:
probably is stupider, but oh well...and no way would I ever get a vespa.
Take your fast stuff to the track and chill out on the streets.

There's probably a drag strip in your area and they usually do open events a couple nights per week.

I go to one 20min away from myself once or twice a month on my CBR, I know it's not quite as fun as a road racing course but it costs $10 and I usually get to run the strip anywhere from 10-15 times on an average night.

Keeps my need for speed at bay.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #56
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Lol. I'm always in for track time with you. I'll let you know my summer plans once I know them. I got plans for this summer that hopefully don't involve Ohio.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #57
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
If your still in the US, I would like to take this time to formally invite you to come to mid-ohio next season. We have a blast, you can bet your sweet arse on that.

You will leave very tired, happy, having a sense of accomplishment and quite possibly learned a thing or two. But.... the next time you ride the street, you will soon realize, that you forgot your need for speed at the track.

oh man, that video made your case. I guess I'll likely be seeing you there next season.

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #58
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Quote:
oh man, that video made your case. I guess I'll likely be seeing you there next season.
So you've changed your mind about leaving the country?

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #59
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
So you've changed your mind about leaving the country?
no, just the timing of it. as I have stated before I have problems with a lot of american policies not just traffic laws it's just that traffic laws affect my livelihood bit more directly. it's more efficient to wait until after I have a degree to expat anyway so staying for another year or two is most efficient long term.

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #60
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That's all it took? That's just coming out of the pits...

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #61
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Quote:

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #62
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
it's a tease yes, but what I saw was a group of people having a boatload of fun and it only suggests more. it wasn't very impressive technically or in terms of speed but I don't need a video to tell me that the track is where the fast riders are. regardless it was already my intention to get to track days down the road as the money frees itself and it's not unbelievable that I could put together the money for 2-3 track days over the course of the winter.

and videos like that motogp one are videos that I've seen multiple times to watch in both awe and for bp study.

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #63
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Quote:
it's a tease yes, but what I saw was a group of people having a boatload of fun and it only suggests more. it wasn't very impressive technically or in terms of speed but I don't need a video to tell me that the track is where the fast riders are. regardless it was already my intention to get to track days down the road as the money frees itself and it's not unbelievable that I could put together the money for 2-3 track days over the course of the winter.

and videos like that motogp one are videos that I've seen multiple times to watch in both awe and for bp study.
Just buy a CBR1000RR they're lot's of fun, trust me.

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #64
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Just buy a CBR1000RR they're lot's of fun, trust me.
I wouldn't trust myself to not the throttle up on a regular basis with one of those. it's just a bad idea all around as tempting as it sounds. besides I like the cbr600rr more in terms of styling anyway.

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #65
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Your so in trouble yo. Yea... that was just coming out of the pits. You should see what goes on in the back half.

Yea, he is grabbing his boot. This is the proper way to get a tow. lol

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #66
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ What's that, turn 8?

Old October 28th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #67
webfoot
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250R

they dont enforse laws here in philippines except in manilla or cebu, but the roads are ****. I still cook on myninjette, just watch for caribou, dogs, peds texting and check points, real or NPA. Rents cheap
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #68
TheDementedDrummer
Present. Somewhat.

Name: Neel

Motorcycle(s): 2012 KTM Duke 200, 2011 Ninja 250r, 2011 Ducati Monster 796, 2014 Kawasaki ZX10r

Move to India, there's almost literally two roads in the state where i live in where speed limits are actually enforced.
I know a guy who got clocked at something like 295 km/h, and he didn't get a ticket.

Old October 29th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #69
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
^^ What's that, turn 8?

Old October 29th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #70
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Y'know, the more I read this thread, the more the phrase "evolution in action" keeps popping into my head.

At least Ben is a guy who realizes his own nature.

Quote:
yea I'm an immature jackass.... I'm not claiming to be mature, nor do I really want to be.
Good luck with your endeavors. Given what you've said so far, I have a feeling this is not going to end well. I only hope that you don't hurt someone in the process of learning life's hard lessons.

And please... stay the hell away from Cockeysville. My mom lives there and I don't want someone as self-admittedly irresponsible as you anywhere within five miles of her.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #71
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

wait wait wait....

110 on a 300? Did it take you 15 minutes to get to that speed? haha

And in a 25? smh... I have strong negative feelings about american politics but traffic laws not so much...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #72
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

[just for fun]
Perhaps a career change is in order? I was born to fly fighter jets but sadly.... I missed my calling.
[/just for fun]

[seriously]
I even had my "IN". My grandfather worked for NASA (retired AF) and nobel prize winning, aggressive intelligence runs in the family.
[/seriously]

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #73
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Speaking of intelligence, +1 for using expatriate in a thread.

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #74
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Name: bruce

Motorcycle(s): Race bikes:08 Ninja 250,11 R6,16 ZX6,SV650.3 HD-1947,2-2003,2010. 1946 Indian and a lot of dirt bikes.2

You say your anhappy in The USA, go while you can, before you get wrapped up in "the American dream". My daughter wanted out when she finished school. So I gave her $3000 and a plane ticket to any where she wanted to go. Costa Rica was her choice. She teaches English at a private school, lives 50 yards from the beach, makes little money but enough to get by and, above all, is vary happy. Won't see her back in the states any time soon. Run while you can !!
bruce71198 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #75
anacron
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adi

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
[seriously]
I even had my "IN". My grandfather worked for NASA (retired AF) and nobel prize winning, aggressive intelligence runs in the family.
[/seriously]
Holy crap this is freaky!

That name was mentioned recently at a Genetics/Biology Workshop in Berkeley... turns out the speaker (also a nobel prize winner) was one of his students.

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #76
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Small world aint it?

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #77
anacron
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adi

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Small world aint it?
Indeed. Dinner conversations much be pretty insane over there

Old October 29th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #78
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

Quote:
Italy, Germany, Australia, and Canada are what are currently on the board each with their own reasons for me wanting to go there.
Please, leave Canada out of your list... You won't like it... Winter, snow, no motorcycle during 5 months (at least here in Québec) and some of us speak Français...

And we have enough idiot on wheels too, we don't need another one...

You could try Northwest Territories for a couple of years, and come back when you'll have "matured" enough...
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #79
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post
Please, leave Canada out of your list... You won't like it... Winter, snow, no motorcycle during 5 months (at least here in Québec) and some of us speak Français...

You could try Northwest Territories for a couple of years, and come back when you'll have "matured" enough...
I figure I'll be too busy snowboarding to care that I'm not really able to ride for a few months out of the year, I have managed to ride while it was snowing last winter though. the biggest worry there is salt messing with your paint/chain.

honestly my ideal place of living would be somewhere near mountains for both riding and snowboarding. for some people their happy place is a beach, for me it's a mountain. and canada has that, particularly on the west coast.

also @csmith12 thank you, I have had a reasonable education despite my focus being computer science and having only been required to take a single english 101 course for my degree.

Old October 29th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #80
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post
I've been all over Canada and Montreal easily has some of the most aggressive drivers . You'd have to be extra brave and cautious rolling around on two wheels in that great city .
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote