ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old October 29th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #81
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacron View Post
Indeed. Dinner conversations much be pretty insane over there
I don't think so, but I am sure it's a sliding scale and we do adjust to the company we keep fairly well. And most importantly, modesty was taught to me at an early age, so I never boast. I only mentioned it because it's something they look for when selecting who can fly a 30m+ aircraft with missiles attached. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
thank you
Np my good man, see ya at the track.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #82
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post

And what could possibly lead you to think that 110 is a safe speed on something marked 25?
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
110 on a 300? Did it take you 15 minutes to get to that speed?

And in a 25? smh... I have strong negative feelings about american politics but traffic laws not so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I agree.

Going 110 in a 25 is incredibly stupid.
25 looks like a stupidly low speed limit for that road from what google maps & street view show me. It looks more like a 50 or 60 mph road where I'm from.

110 eyeballed from an oncoming vehicle sounds like an overestimate too, it's about flat out for a 300.

Dude was going too quick for the conditions, and was likely a ****in idiot, but seems to have at least a little sense
Quote:
by the time I realized he was behind me he had my tags, he caught up without sirens as I was relaxing behind a truck in the area where I start to get to town so I slow down anyway.

Raise your hand if you've never sped. I'll come around to relieve you of your bike keys as you're either not getting any use from it, or are deluded & pose a danger to yourself & those around you.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #83
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
wait wait wait....

110 on a 300? Did it take you 15 minutes to get to that speed? haha
it really doesn't take that long though there's nowhere to go from there the highest I've gotten my speedo to was 122mph but that's with speedo error so idk the true speed there, at this point in time I took the corner before the straightaway around 90 and I kept it pinned so I could use the bridge as a ramp and get some airtime...it's the second longest straightaway on the stretch so there was plenty of space to get close to topping it out from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
25 looks like a stupidly low speed limit for that road from what google maps & street view show me. It looks more like a 50 or 60 mph road where I'm from.

110 eyeballed from an oncoming vehicle sounds like an overestimate too, it's about flat out for a 300.

Dude was going too quick for the conditions, and was likely a ****in idiot, but seems to have at least a little sense

Raise your hand if you've never sped. I'll come around to relieve you of your bike keys as you're either not getting any use from it, or are deluded & pose a danger to yourself & those around you.
it's a reasonable speed limit during the day, the reason being that a lot of people like to ride bicycles and hike in the area, myself included. but at night there's typically no one there so the reason for the speed limit being so low essentially disappears.

I was about flat out at the time, so I'd say it was somewhat accurate since I was at least in the triple digits at the time. I would argue against too quick for the conditions since I had reasonable visibility with my headlights and moonlight. The only real threat is animals, specifically raccoons and deer. I figure hitting a deer I won't be able to do much about at any speed as they tend to just jump over the road from a bit higher up and I figure the extra engine noise might get them to stop (not sure on that one). Raccoons are a bit of an oddity though, you may not think much of them but they are just big enough to **** your **** up. I almost totaled my car hitting a raccoon a while back as it ran directly in my path and messed up the underbelly.

also thank's for the defense, as in that situation I really wasn't posing much of a threat to anyone but myself. now if I were in any of the local towns that would obviously change as there would be people around but there weren't. if I had lost it in any corner I would hit trees, a rock wall, a guardrail, or I would go off a cliff potentially into rapids. I would be the only one injured/dead from that.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2013, 01:21 AM   #84
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
it really doesn't take that long though there's nowhere to go from there the highest I've gotten my speedo to was 122mph but that's with speedo error so idk the true speed there, at this point in time I took the corner before the straightaway around 90 and I kept it pinned so I could use the bridge as a ramp and get some airtime...it's the second longest straightaway on the stretch so there was plenty of space to get close to topping it out from there.

it's a reasonable speed limit during the day, the reason being that a lot of people like to ride bicycles and hike in the area, myself included. but at night there's typically no one there so the reason for the speed limit being so low essentially disappears.

I was about flat out at the time, so I'd say it was somewhat accurate since I was at least in the triple digits at the time. I would argue against too quick for the conditions since I had reasonable visibility with my headlights and moonlight. The only real threat is animals, specifically raccoons and deer. I figure hitting a deer I won't be able to do much about at any speed as they tend to just jump over the road from a bit higher up and I figure the extra engine noise might get them to stop (not sure on that one). Raccoons are a bit of an oddity though, you may not think much of them but they are just big enough to **** your **** up. I almost totaled my car hitting a raccoon a while back as it ran directly in my path and messed up the underbelly.

also thank's for the defense, as in that situation I really wasn't posing much of a threat to anyone but myself. now if I were in any of the local towns that would obviously change as there would be people around but there weren't. if I had lost it in any corner I would hit trees, a rock wall, a guardrail, or I would go off a cliff potentially into rapids. I would be the only one injured/dead from that.
Quote:
well, today was a harsh realization that I don't belong in a country with speed laws. Today I was booked for reckless driving exceeding 110mph in a 25mph back road zone (I'm surprised the officer got me that fast as it didn't feel like I was going fast rather a normal speed) passing a car in said zone with oncoming traffic.
You pretty much threw the defence straight back in my face there.

Coming from someone with a considerable amount of time on bikes, advanced training & who enjoys a quick pace I'll give you 2 bits of advice before I'm out.

1) Triple digit speed, on a back road, at night is too fast for the conditions.
There doesn't appear to be any street lighting, there's plenty of trees (leaves on the road in October) & moonlight + headlights still lets you see only so far.

2) If that's a normal pace get yourself some proper training, look further ahead & anticipate what's going to happen so you don't run into something with only a couple of seconds reaction time. Failing that get good medical & life insurance.

Good luck
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2013, 09:22 AM   #85
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R and '13 ZX-6R

Quote:
and I kept it pinned so I could use the bridge as a ramp and get some airtime..

Old November 1st, 2013, 05:53 AM   #86
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Have you considered "stunt man" as a career option?

Actually, I take that back. Stunt men are very cautious and safety-minded.

Maybe "daredevil." Nobody's tried to jump a motorcycle across the Grand Canyon lately.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM   #87
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Have you considered "stunt man" as a career option?

Actually, I take that back. Stunt men are very cautious and safety-minded.

Maybe "daredevil." Nobody's tried to jump a motorcycle across the Grand Canyon lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT4omt51CtQ looks like fun, just need the evel knievel replica bike. more seriously though, while that would be fun I see myself base jumping the grand canyon before attempting to jump it and that's if I do either.

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #88
jefe305
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Some people have to leave home to find their home. I believe I am one of those people, one day I'll leave this country and head to either India, Morocco or somewhere in Europe.
jefe305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #89
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe305 View Post
Some people have to leave home to find their home. I believe I am one of those people, one day I'll leave this country and head to either India, Morocco or somewhere in Europe.
Hmm...you should try living somewhere in the US other than Vegas. You might find it to be a whole 'nother country

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 04:16 AM   #90
jefe305
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
Hmm...you should try living somewhere in the US other than Vegas. You might find it to be a whole 'nother country

First 8 years of my life I lived in NY, I still have family there so I visit regularly and I hate it. I also have family in Miami so I also visit there frequently, much better than NY but I still prefer Vegas the best. I love it here, there's always something to do, and there's so much free stuff it's amazing. But I also love exotic foods, people, different cultures and languages. I think it's crazy to only live in one country your whole life, and never get to experience a completely different way of life.

Old February 19th, 2014, 06:03 AM   #91
Rogue
Hooligan

Name: Robin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja EX300

Quote:
nah I'm fine with slowing down in towns, it's only back roads where it frustrates me. though I did agree that I deserved a ticket I got for 92 in a 20 on my college campus.

all in all I should probably do the no license tag thing and just run for it til I crash and burn as that would be preferable to losing my license/getting thrown in jail.
So, you've had this issue with excessive speed before and learned nothing from the experience?

Quote:
It's my goal to eventually race though I don't have money for track days at this time so I use a small displacement bike and try to learn as much as I can technique wise to prepare myself for track days.
experience with the road in question, most of the road is 80 or so mph with a few braking points for some of the blind corners the point where I was going 110 it is a straightaway followed by a pair of sweeping corners that you can take without getting off the throttle followed by another straightaway, by the time you reach the second straightaway you're typically pushing the bike to be topped out and you just ride that to get airtime off the bridge.

yea I'm an immature jackass, but hey I'd probably watch spongebob on saturday mornings if I was awake for it. the show is ridiculous. I'm not claiming to be mature, nor do I really want to be.

I guess I walked into that, stupidest way possible being that I didn't just pass the truck as I got behind him and clear the roundabout before the officer got behind me to get my plates, or some other evasive move since I can't win on outright speed excluding twisty roads (not that it even matters with radio/plates)
I'm willing to bet that a few track days would have cost you far less than the fines and legal implications that are going to result from this endeavor...

Grow up, learn your lesson; you did the crime, now do the time. People like you are part of the reason sport bike riders have such a bad rep.

Qui patiens est, teres. Teres est, ieiunare. | Twitter: @Rogue_300
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #92
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I have lived in Morocco (for 3 years) and loved it. I've visited India many times (it's one of my father's favorite places) and hated it.

You should save up enough time and money and take a motorcycle around the world. It's been done many times (so you can do it) and I think it might satisfy your needs.

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #93
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
^yea jefe be the first guy to circumnavigate the globe via ninja 250, or just get your hands on a klx650 like everyone else who tries it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
So, you've had this issue with excessive speed before and learned nothing from the experience?

I'm willing to bet that a few track days would have cost you far less than the fines and legal implications that are going to result from this endeavor...

Grow up, learn your lesson; you did the crime, now do the time. People like you are part of the reason sport bike riders have such a bad rep.
doesn't hurt that the ticket cost (without including insurance) is close to what I make in 2 months. I'm fairly ****ed over by it, should've run from the start but oh well. I've stated it before that I don't consider the speed to be excessive and I barely felt like I was moving, The bike may have been close to topped out by my mind's relationship to speed wasn't. Objectively in comparison to the road's limit I was flying though. Not including the cost of potential insurance hikes, I estimate that each ticket is worth a full track weekend including a set of tires, gas, food, and transportation there & back. (rental trailer) I have learned nothing other that to create a setup where I can cover/flip my plates at any given moment.

I am riding slower on the streets at the moment but that has nothing to do with the legal system as I'm still exceeding the legal limits at almost all times, just not by as much. It's more to do with preserving tires until spring as 4.5k (or so) miles on my stock IRC tires has the rear running on less tread than I'd like (also squared off due to a half highway commute to school).

Anyway, I do intend to get to the track and am attempting to rebuild my 250 as a track bike since I don't want to risk my 300, which is difficult without finances to get it done but I'm finding a way. Good old junkyward pistons & valves.

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #94
jefe305
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I have lived in Morocco (for 3 years) and loved it. I've visited India many times (it's one of my father's favorite places) and hated it.

You should save up enough time and money and take a motorcycle around the world. It's been done many times (so you can do it) and I think it might satisfy your needs.
Really that's awesome, My grandparents are from Rabat and tell me stories about it all the time. I'm only 21 and have no ambition to ever get married or have kids so I have plenty of time to travel the world. As far as the motorcycle I don't know, they drive/ride pretty wild in some of those countries.
That reminds me of a motorcycle I saw at a show not to long ago.

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #95
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Really that's awesome, My grandparents are from Rabat and tell me stories about it all the time. I'm only 21 and have no ambition to ever get married or have kids so I have plenty of time to travel the world. As far as the motorcycle I don't know, they drive/ride pretty wild in some of those countries.
That reminds me of a motorcycle I saw at a show not to long ago.
I lived just north of Rabat in a town named Kenitra. There were alot of French when I was there. It was a great time of my life.

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:23 PM   #96
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Damn, feels weird to go back and read through all of this. Time can change so much. I was, still am a bit but much less so, an immature ****ing jackass. To be fair this was largely a knee jerk reaction due to the severity of the ticket. With that said though, I still want to live outside of the US for an extended period of time. Not really for this reason though, tracks are so much better for riding fast than streets.

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #97
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
...I had completely forgotten that you were the dope who posted this, Ben.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #98
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
It's how I ended up at mid-O man, it's so weird to see how much more capable I am of doing this type of **** now in combination with how much less I want to do it.

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #99
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Right? it's made me almost a sissy on the street to the point that I feel guilty for having fun when I let go once in a while.

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #100
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
I wouldn't say that, I still exceed the speed limit on back roads but I'm not really trying to. It's more like I just ride a comfortable pace that feels appropriate for the situation. I do still love to rev the bike out, it's just that I don't need to.

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #101
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ never mentioned that I stuck to speed limits.

just that I feel guilty when pushing. I can cruise at <7000rpm and be way above the limit all day long. Anyhow, idk. I'm seriously considering taking some time off the motorcycle for a bit,

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #102
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
It's all up to you man, I know you've been saying that you haven't really been feeling it for a while now. I take it bicycling is your true two wheeled passion.

Old November 25th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #103
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

@choneofakind Just get a supermoto already!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #104
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
damn, where was i when this gem popped up.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #105
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Out of the blue and not bike related.....

Turtle Island... ijs
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #106
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
@choneofakind Just get a supermoto already!
lol, I want one still!!!!! But I'm torn. I was given a shot at an awesome bicycle by a buddy, and the team is going to try some road races this spring instead of our usual Tri schedule soooooo.... I think I'm selling the ninja in spring after some fixing up, but I'm undecided; Pinarello or SUmo? I'm leaning to the pina because it will get used more. I'm having life plan changes. I'm even considering going for my Doctorate after a chat with a coworker. He's got me seriously considering WVU at least for my masters...

I haz life decision probs.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 26th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #107
catseye
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): '76 KZ900, '99 Ninja 250,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
My nephew is growing up on a back road in your home town. I'll chip in to get you of the country if it keeps you from riding like a complete ass on 25 mph roads.

Though it would probably be cheaper for us to chip in to have your bike stolen instead.
+1
Quote:
Damn, feels weird to go back and read through all of this. Time can change so much. I was, still am a bit but much less so, an immature ****ing jackass. To be fair this was largely a knee jerk reaction due to the severity of the ticket. With that said though, I still want to live outside of the US for an extended period of time. Not really for this reason though, tracks are so much better for riding fast than streets.
Didn't realize so much time had passed since starting this thread. Glad to hear your change of heart.

Old November 26th, 2014, 06:39 AM   #108
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I'm seriously considering taking some time off the motorcycle for a bit,

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #109
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

^
What he said!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #110
webfoot
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250R

just get a sponsership. Hey, you get free bikes, garb and to go as fast as you want. I expated to the islands in the s. pacific, and bought a lowly 250R. Wanting the Aprilla, heehee, but even the 250R is 2 fast for these people. 6 speed and havent had it out of 3rd. Of course, tuned exhaust, bigger carbs, dynojet stage 3 jetting kit etc etc doesnt really help when people ride like **** here. 6 people on a underbone, no mirrors, no road rules followed, no helmets, safety garb, caribou in road, no lights at night. but..... only 4 of the 5 bikes I have had here have been hit while parked. You may like it. lol
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2015, 10:27 AM   #111
spooph

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
@Sirref, so you're still leaving the country, right? I recommend any place in Africa, South America or India. You pretty much get to do what you want in those places without much interference from the cops...

May I also applaud you for being willing to remove yourself from the country, instead of making some argument about how to change the country or what not... Literally the only person I've ever interacted with who was saw that as an option, instead of moaning and bitching about how things should change. Take action, absolutely, and go experience the world...

If I may make a suggestion, put all your stuff in a per-paid storage locker, or leave it with friends/family and get a back-pack and travel the world, or follow in Robert Edison Fulton Jr.'s, Ted Simon, or even Nathan the Postman's footstep and take your bike all around the world!

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #112
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
I've learned to live with many of my grievances and riding track helps quite a bit since I'm able to filter most of my need to go fast at the track at a reasonable (doable) price. I intend to go to Europe though I have friends in South America and family in Africa.

The best way to know where I would like to go would be to backpack the world for a while, likely a 1-3 year trip would be enough for me to really know where I would like to live while giving me the opportunity to truly experience the world in ways that most people do not. When I do this I will likely sell the vast majority of my belongings or give them to people who can get proper usage out of them.

The Isle of Man, Spain, Ireland, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Denmark, The Netherlands, Canada, Venezuela, Brazil, Costa Rica, Tanzania, South Africa, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Australia, and New Zealand and more are the places that I intend to travel to within my lifetime and I can see myself enjoying quite a few of them.

Particularly Hamsterdam (Amsterdam) I like bicycle culture (except bmx)

Old January 14th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #113
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

I'm glad you have matured and found the proper outlet for your need for speed. Best wishes to you in your travels. I enjoy travel also but I've found for me that it just validates how great my life here at home is. I hope you discover that place to live that brings you joy and fulfillment.

Old January 16th, 2015, 05:58 AM   #114
salcuta88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Vlad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R (Sold), 2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

Ahem...I came from Europe. The grass isn't greener!

Every country has its own problems. Every American should be proud to be an American. It's an unique country, with nice folks. You might get a fake smile, but it's a smile. In Germany, Russia, Romania...you'll get grumpy looks.

Customer service here is top notch compared to Europe.

I've been here long enough, learned my way, became a citizen, and I consider this my home.

If you can't respect the speed limit, maybe you should get a scooter.
salcuta88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #115
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenaero View Post
I'm glad you have matured and found the proper outlet for your need for speed. Best wishes to you in your travels. I enjoy travel also but I've found for me that it just validates how great my life here at home is. I hope you discover that place to live that brings you joy and fulfillment.
I believe it is very possible that I may end up coming to that conclusion. That said I've always felt that something is off with where I live though it is a beautiful area that gets all four seasons. I find myself most at home in the mountains though so I will likely end up somewhere near a mountain range. All of my favorite hobbies are better in the mountains including snowboarding; longboarding, mountain biking, and riding motorcycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcuta88 View Post
Ahem...I came from Europe. The grass isn't greener!

Every country has its own problems. Every American should be proud to be an American. It's an unique country, with nice folks. You might get a fake smile, but it's a smile. In Germany, Russia, Romania...you'll get grumpy looks.

Customer service here is top notch compared to Europe.

I've been here long enough, learned my way, became a citizen, and I consider this my home.

If you can't respect the speed limit, maybe you should get a scooter.
You listed the three countries where the standard is to be hard so as to not allow the world to break you, particularly russia. I admit one of the happiest folks I've met in my life so far is from russia and he is happy largely because he is no longer there and is able to follow his dreams as a professional cellist.

I can physically quadrouple a few local speed limits on a scooter...ijs
A scooter is useless to me though because I ride on the highway system regularly and it is illegal for me to take a scooter (150cc or less) on said highway system within the state.

Old January 18th, 2015, 02:19 PM   #116
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
I can physically quadrouple a few local speed limits on a scooter...ijs
A scooter is useless to me though because I ride on the highway system regularly and it is illegal for me to take a scooter (150cc or less) on said highway system within the state.
So get a 400cc scooter. I rode one of those Bergman 400's or something at a demo day and it was a hoot! I'd take one for basic transportation any day!! was kinda fun, was super simple, and fell into turns.

Also, do you have 20mph local speed?

Old January 18th, 2015, 02:25 PM   #117
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
On a few roads yes but most are faster, I figure a 150cc scooter will go 50-60mph and that's enough to destroy a lot of speed limits

Old January 18th, 2015, 02:39 PM   #118
Ninjinsky

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Northern Territory (Australia)
Germany (Autobahn)
The only two places in the world where you can use a Ninja to it's full potential.
(that should be a joke but it isn't. )
Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2015, 02:41 PM   #119
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Or any track, but we've only been speaking in terms of riding the bike to the max in a legal environment