ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 17th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #41
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I think the 300 is the perfect starter bike, I haven't ridden one or even a 250 yet but it seems like the 300's bump in power as well as general refinement over the 250 leaves it nice and approachable however improves upon where the 250 needed the most help. I started on and still own a 500, it is nearly the perfect amount of power for me although sometimes I do want more. I've got a couple more years of college to go through so upgrading/owning multiple bikes isn't really something I can do for a while but when I do upgrade it will be more on merit of the quality of the bike rather than its power, ie a stronger better built frame, fully faired, FI, basically the things my 500 doesn't have that I want. Power comes in second but I'm shooting for the 100hp range, although owning a literbike like an FZ1 or a N1k isn't out of the question. Then if my 500 ever poops out I'll probably replace it with a 250/300. It seems like this forum has the least amount of size biased people... which makes sense. The guys at the dealership here, which I really don't like, actually seem pretty impressed with the 300 which is pretty refreshing. Not sure if any of them actually ride or not though
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #42
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Those whole thread reminds of the movie Fight Club. What Tyle Durden says couldn't be anymore true:

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

"You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

I work in Collections and deal with this all the time...especially young kids (mostly military) buying cars they cannot afford like Mustang GTs, Corvettes, Escalades, etc. It used to piss me off, but then I realize I exist because people like that exist...so I may use the money I make to live WITHIN MY MEANS and enjoy the things I like and not what others and TV say I need to do.

I've outgrown the whole "clubbing" and "balla" lifestyle most people try and pursue. I enjoy motorcycling, skiing, snowboarding. I live in a place that allows me to work on my bikes in a garage and a condo that is not oversized.

I am happy.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #43
tntremainiac
ninjette.org member

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): Concours 1400 (Fat Ninja), Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Ninja 250, 80 Honda Streettracker

Thumbs up

I miss my 2fiddy.
My son had an incident and totaled it.
The insurance check provided the down payment for my next bike, which brings me to why I'm commenting here.
I've been riding for 40 years and it (wheezy was her nickname due to the gas cap squeal) was the most fun I've had on local roads and will continue to reccomend it to anyone! New rider or old. Truly a blast.
Ride your own ride, have fun, and ignore the image riders have issues you can't win with anyway.
Oh, back to topic.
I'm guilty as sin... Down payment on a Concours 1400.
tntremainiac is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #44
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntremainiac View Post
I miss my 2fiddy.
My son had an incident and totaled it.
The insurance check provided the down payment for my next bike, which brings me to why I'm commenting here.
I've been riding for 40 years and it (wheezy was her nickname due to the gas cap squeal) was the most fun I've had on local roads and will continue to reccomend it to anyone! New rider or old. Truly a blast.
Ride your own ride, have fun, and ignore the image riders have issues you can't win with anyway.
Oh, back to topic.
I'm guilty as sin... Down payment on a Concours 1400.
My dad has a 2009 Concourse 1200...I rode it and it was fun but find it way too big and bulky and doesn't really fit my lifestyle and needs right now. I find that commuting to work and lanesplitting on the Concourse is way too difficult if not sometimes impossible depending on if the freeways are dated and lanes are narrower.

My dad has put it to its use doing cross state trips...the biggest done being from San Diego, CA all the way up to Prudhoe Bay, AK.

Who knows where in life my wants and needs in regards to motorcycling may take me. I know the next "type" would either be a supermoto or dirtbike...or maybe possibly get one where I can switch off between the two relatively easily...or a mini bike like an NSR 50 to do cheap trackdays. I know way down the line I would like to get a new D675 but it would see the track only. Maybe I will wait to find one salvaged from some unfortunate fool who bought the bike but didn't have the talent to ride it and the insurance totalled it out easily for damage that can be easily repaired.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #45
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I think the problem is that most people buy motorcycles as a toy rather than something to commute with. If more people bought motorcycles as daily transportation 250-650cc twins would dominate the market.

Old February 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #46
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Im gonna buy a 600 soon. I wonder how long Ill keep it. Betting will be allowed once I get one...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #47
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I think the problem is that most people buy motorcycles as a toy rather than something to commute with. If more people bought motorcycles as daily transportation 250-650cc twins would dominate the market.
...I bought a 250cc sport bike as a toy. When I commute, I like heat, AC, and a roof so I can be comfortable and dry in all types of weather. Motorcycles don't do that; therefore they are toys.

I don't see how buying a bike as a toy is a problem. Besides, not all of us have the luxury of being able to ride year round. Commuting year round on a motorcycle in the snowbelt of NE Ohio is just not possible.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #48
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
...I bought a 250cc sport bike as a toy. When I commute, I like heat, AC, and a roof so I can be comfortable and dry in all types of weather. Motorcycles don't do that; therefore they are toys.

I don't see how buying a bike as a toy is a problem. Besides, not all of us have the luxury of being able to ride year round. Commuting year round on a motorcycle in the snowbelt of NE Ohio is just not possible.
You can commute year round on a bike in NE ohio, just don't be a wimp! And I agree that a motorcycle shouldn't be bought for a means of transportation, especially if that's the only thing you have. I see motorcycles as a toy that I can enjoy weather permitting (I don't ride in snow) and if you can use it to.commute then great, but that still makes it a toy. /thread derailment

On topic I think there are a lot of good points here. You can tell who the people that ride for the image and people who ride because they love and respect the hobby are.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #49
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
You can commute year round on a bike in NE ohio, just don't be a wimp!
Brett say what??

Have you been up near Beachwood in the winter? Or Westlake? That's full on lake effect yo!

They can get like a 14" of snow in 24 hours during their lake-effect storms. That's not ride-able.

I ride a bicycle year round, but only when the roads are clear.

Old February 20th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #50
nautica
Gixxer Powered

That's what snow tires are for. Have you not seen that r1 race against a car in the snow? I'm on mobile or I would find a link.

Old February 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #51
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
.........They can get like a 14" of snow in 24 hours during their lake-effect storms. That's not ride-able...........
I love Florida !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #52
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
I love Florida !!!
We have better roads! And less maniac drivers.

Old February 20th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #53
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

It may be true about the craziness, but our roads are excellent, at least in South Florida.

Old February 20th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #54
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
We have better roads! And less maniac drivers.
Whenever I see a car from Ohio here in Florida they are driving so slow they are dangerous.

We have 4 of the best roads in America (Daytona, Moroso, Homestead, and Jennings).

Old February 20th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #55
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
I love Florida !!!
I love mountains and twisties so tight that the signs warning you to take 'em at 20 mph need to be taken seriously.

Florida roads might be in better condition than some of those up here, but they all look like this to me:

Besides, in Florida you've got flying atomic cockroaches, snakes big enough to eat deer and alligators. Plus a population loaded with people so old they can no longer drive but do anyway. Then there are the tourists.

The place creeps me out.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #56
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
We have 4 of the best roads in America (Daytona, Moroso, Homestead, and Jennings).

Old February 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #57
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
.........Besides, in Florida you've got flying atomic cockroaches, snakes big enough to eat deer and alligators. Plus a population loaded with people so old they can no longer drive but do anyway. Then there are the tourists.

The place creeps me out.
It is just "America's obsession with more/bigger"............

Old February 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #58
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Hopefully later this year I will be moving to southern GA (Valdosta) and be riding at Jennings.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #59
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Quote:

It's a huge problem (not one I'd do away with either), if you go to a country where cars and gas are VERY expensive you will see tons of small displacement motorcycles and scooters. They use them for daily transportation. The 250 is a great commuter bike, but it's not that much cheaper compared to a bigger bike.

Old February 20th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #60
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
And I agree that a motorcycle shouldn't be bought for a means of transportation, especially if that's the only thing you have.
That's just dumb. If you don't want to do that, that's fine, but many people do well like that. I can't, because I have a family and need to do family sized grocery runs but if it was just me I'd be just fine with just a bike. I do commute year round, and while I don't have snow, I do get nasty winds and torrential rainstorms. Just gear up and ride to work.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #61
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
That's just dumb. If you don't want to do that, that's fine, but many people do well like that. I can't, because I have a family and need to do family sized grocery runs but if it was just me I'd be just fine with just a bike. I do commute year round, and while I don't have snow, I do get nasty winds and torrential rainstorms. Just gear up and ride to work.
It may be dumb to you but what do you do when you need to transport things around? If you have a car and bike then I don't see why not but I can't imagine trying to live with just a bike, it's not practical for me and that's why I consider it to be a toy. I understand in some places it's almost a necessity but where I live it's not. Just because you think otherwise doesn't make it dumb but oh well. You also live in CA which is a lot different than Ohio and most people in the northeast would probably agree that a bike is a toy given the fact you can only ride maybe 8 months out of the year if you're lucky.

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #62
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
It may be dumb to you but what do you do when you need to transport things around? If you have a car and bike then I don't see why not but I can't imagine trying to live with just a bike, it's not practical for me and that's why I consider it to be a toy. I understand in some places it's almost a necessity but where I live it's not. Just because you think otherwise doesn't make it dumb but oh well. You also live in CA which is a lot different than Ohio and most people in the northeast would probably agree that a bike is a toy given the fact you can only ride maybe 8 months out of the year if you're lucky.
Read my post carefully. I think it's dumb because you stated that a bike should be a toy and not transportation. It works as transportation for many people, so saying that it shouldn't be transportation is just wrong.

By the way, I could rent a Uhaul several times a month for what I pay for insurance for my pickup truck. Given what I paid for my truck, and how long I expect it to last, and how much I pay for registration/insurance/maintenance, if I was single it would make a lot more sense to rent a uhaul when I need to haul something and a car every now and again if I needed one.

FWIW, I've known people that rode motorcycles year round in snowy climates. Most people are just too spoiled and can't handle being out of the climate controlled environment for their commute.

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #63
ADoMinGu3z
ninjette.org member

bigger IS better...just ask the girls of my generation.
ADoMinGu3z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #64
sim80n
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

I was thinking of upgrading to a bigger bike until my neighbor told me how terrible his 600rr did in the rain. No offense to anyone but I need a bike I can ride day in and day out, rain or shine.
sim80n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #65
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Read my post carefully. I think it's dumb because you stated that a bike should be a toy and not transportation. It works as transportation for many people, so saying that it shouldn't be transportation is just wrong.

By the way, I could rent a Uhaul several times a month for what I pay for insurance for my pickup truck. Given what I paid for my truck, and how long I expect it to last, and how much I pay for registration/insurance/maintenance, if I was single it would make a lot more sense to rent a uhaul when I need to haul something and a car every now and again if I needed one.

FWIW, I've known people that rode motorcycles year round in snowy climates. Most people are just too spoiled and can't handle being out of the climate controlled environment for their commute.
Yes, I said I think a bike is a toy and not a means of transportation and you don't have to agree, but it's my opinion and apparently around here if someone disagrees then their idea is dumb . I enjoy the convenience of having an SUV and need the room to move stuff around when I need to. I'm not disagreeing that you can't use a bike as main transportation but it's not ideal, especially with the hassle of having to go rent a uhaul if you needed. And sure you can ride in snowy climates but when you have 6"+ of snow on the ground I'll pass. You can also take a crap and not use toilet paper, does that mean you should?

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #66
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
And I agree that a motorcycle shouldn't be bought for a means of transportation
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing that you can't use a bike as main transportation
I'm not going to argue semantics. You said what you said, whether you meant it that way or not. It is a perfectly good form of transportation for many people, so yes, I think you are wrong if you say that it shouldn't be used primarily as transportation.

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #67
tntremainiac
ninjette.org member

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): Concours 1400 (Fat Ninja), Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Ninja 250, 80 Honda Streettracker

Thumbs up +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
My dad has a 2009 Concourse 1200...I rode it and it was fun but find it way too big and bulky and doesn't really fit my lifestyle and needs right now. I find that commuting to work and lanesplitting on the Concourse is way too difficult if not sometimes impossible depending on if the freeways are dated and lanes are narrower.

My dad has put it to its use doing cross state trips...the biggest done being from San Diego, CA all the way up to Prudhoe Bay, AK.

Who knows where in life my wants and needs in regards to motorcycling may take me. I know the next "type" would either be a supermoto or dirtbike...or maybe possibly get one where I can switch off between the two relatively easily...or a mini bike like an NSR 50 to do cheap trackdays. I know way down the line I would like to get a new D675 but it would see the track only. Maybe I will wait to find one salvaged from some unfortunate fool who bought the bike but didn't have the talent to ride it and the insurance totalled it out easily for damage that can be easily repaired.
I got the Concours to ride with my wife comfortably on the back... And Quickly!
Ride a a cafe'd triumph t-bird sport for solo twisty time.
You are permitted to own more than 1 bike at a time.
Thankfully!
tntremainiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #68
outasight20
ninjette.org member

Name: Weezy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim80n View Post
I was thinking of upgrading to a bigger bike until my neighbor told me how terrible his 600rr did in the rain. No offense to anyone but I need a bike I can ride day in and day out, rain or shine.
No offense to your neighbor but he either has bald tires or no idea what he is talking about, or both. A bigger bike, supersport or not, is not any better or worse in the rain than a smaller bike. It's about your level of skill and confidence. My FZ6 which has the same size tires as your neighbor's CBR does great in the rain. I have never felt it slip and I have ridden in torrential downpours and wet roads below freezing many times. I don't run any special tires either, just Pilot Road 2's which are sport-touring tires, leaning towards the sport end. The Ninja 250 is a great bike, but you are not better off than other bikers because you are riding one. And the same goes for the riders of bigger bikes. It is all about what YOU like and what works for YOU. I would gladly have a 250 along with my FZ6 if I could afford one. My '03 treated me well and taught me how to ride. A lot of you guys need to get of your Ninja 250 high horse.

And I DON'T own a car, my bike IS my only form of transportation, and I ride it nearly every day through the New England winter. When the roads are crappy, I am lucky enough that a public transportation system exists. My bike is my transportation AND my toy. And that's just the way I like it.
outasight20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #69
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Most people are just too spoiled and can't handle being out of the climate controlled environment for their commute.
Spoiled and can't handle being out of their climate controlled environment huh?

Snow, clear roads:

More snow, 6" on the roads (which weren't cleared) and near 8" on paths/sidewalks:

35 degrees, rain, and 20 mph winds:

...pardon me for choosing a cage when I don't want to risk dumping my ninja and getting injured by riding in the lake-effect snow storms that can dump an inch per hour on you. Don't forget the road salt that will oxidize the heck out of a motorcycle chain. Not all places have awesome public transit either.

You also realize that for the majority of January and February, 15-20 degree icy mornings are the norm.

Old February 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #70
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Quote:
I'm moving to NY soon, and when I do I plan to sell my car and keep my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoMinGu3z View Post
As a girl of your generation, I just plain disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outasight20 View Post
And I DON'T own a car, my bike IS my only form of transportation, and I ride it nearly every day through the New England winter. When the roads are crappy, I am lucky enough that a public transportation system exists. My bike is my transportation AND my toy. And that's just the way I like it.
How'd the blizzard last weekend work out for ya?

Old February 21st, 2013, 03:48 AM   #71
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
I'm not going to argue semantics. You said what you said, whether you meant it that way or not. It is a perfectly good form of transportation for many people, so yes, I think you are wrong if you say that it shouldn't be used primarily as transportation.
Can a bike be used as main transportation? Yes. For me should it be? No. No sense in arguing about what I consider a toy and someone else may consider there only means of transportation, different strokes for different folks.

Old February 21st, 2013, 05:13 AM   #72
outasight20
ninjette.org member

Name: Weezy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHairSar View Post
I'm moving to NY soon, and when I do I plan to sell my car and keep my bike.

As a girl of your generation, I just plain disagree.

How'd the blizzard last weekend work out for ya?
Bussed it for a few days til the main roads were clear.
outasight20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 09:17 AM   #73
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoMinGu3z View Post
Are you talking belly?

Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #74
thumper64
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

My 250 is a toy, but I also use it to run to the store for little things I can fit in my pocket or tank bag/backpack, and have taken it to work. It can still be practical even if it's meant for pleasure too.

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #75
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (sold), 2012 Tuono V4R

Granted, as someone who did go up to a literbike from a 250... I may not have much standing in this conversation.

However, I can say for a certainty that upgrading my bike does not gain me any more attention from women.
Soujyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #76
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

the ridiculous thing is people will always have something to say..i found this out recently in terms of bikes. I bought a 250 and everyone called it a little baby bike..a step up from a pedal bike..etc. Yesterday I bought a 600cc and now the same people are like, omg you are insane, you are going to kill yourself, that is overkill, etc.

Point is, you just gotta ignore everyone and do what you want. I love the 250 for what it is, and I realize it's limitations. I love this new 6R so far, but I also am finding out some it's limitations (cargo, range, etc). I don't buy into the whole obsession, I just know I wanted one, not because of the speed, I just love how it looks. Kind of like the same reason some people want ferraris, even if they aren't going to race them. Just because they are cool.

And my opinion on the whole matter, I don't see them as toys. They are another means of transportation, and again, they have their limitations. They simply have a different purpose.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #77
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
I love the 250 for what it is, and I realize it's limitations. I love this new 6R so far, but I also am finding out some it's limitations (cargo, range, etc). I don't buy into the whole obsession, I just know I wanted one, not because of the speed, I just love how it looks.
Well said! That's the same logic I argue when I say that trading one bike for another is neither and upgrade or downgrade; it's just a change.

Gratz on the new bike!

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #78
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Well said! That's the same logic I argue when I say that trading one bike for another is neither and upgrade or downgrade; it's just a change.

Gratz on the new bike!
yup, i don't see it as an upgrade, it's worse in a lot of ways (especially insurance lol!). thanks, it's sweet now I just have to wait for the weather to clear up!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #79
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I would consider a bike an upgrade from my trusty ol' 500 based on things like the general fit and finish, FUEL INJECTION, better suspension/brakes/frame, etc. And if I liked it more, because in all honesty I really do love my bike and I'm gonna keep it and ride it till it just won't go anymore.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #80
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Mine has fuel injection