Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #81
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26 View Post

Also what about swinging by the dealers and seeing if they have any leftover crates from new sales.

winner!

Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:20 PM   #82
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
On Memorial Day?! Out of town...
Oh ****, that's Memorial day. Wow, that's the worst, great planning, Sarah.

Old June 25th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #83
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

This is how I would have done it:
Facing into the corner, thread a tie-down strap from the bottom of the forks through the neck behind the triple tree. You might have to remove the fairing for the angles the lowest attachment point the corner of the truck allows. Tighten until the forks compress a bit. Now secure the tail. There is no reason to tie the tail "down" per se, but secure it such that it will not move left or right. If the front wheel is all the way against the corner then it should not be able to move forward or backward and the other straps make sure it can't move toward either wall. It'll probably use a lot of space but it will work.

From the front neck alone, you can tie down to a pickup truck with only one strap and leave the tailgate down with the rear free to bounce around. The key is making sure the front tire is all the way forward and the strap compresses the front suspension with no room to move forward or backward.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote