ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:44 AM   #41
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Wacky pic orientations or not, me likey!

Can't wait to see more pics. Try using PhotoBucket. Thats my go to, its a little more involved but the pics come out nicer..... and the correct way up.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2014, 05:35 PM   #42
Nick nova/ninja/boni
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250 05 triumph boniville t100 klx110 crf150r

Jacked up pics

Sorry about the orientation of the pictures...
Nick nova/ninja/boni is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM   #43
Nick nova/ninja/boni
ninjette.org member

Talking All done!

Well I got her all finished up rides like a dream! The best part is grand total came out to just over 550 for everything including title and plates
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (121.0 KB, 25 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM   #44
Ninja Bob
Certified Slacker

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick nova/ninja/boni View Post
Well I got her all finished up rides like a dream! The best part is grand total came out to just over 550 for everything including title and plates
Wow, I hope I can make a ride out of a wreck one day. Good work!

Old May 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM   #45
Nick nova/ninja/boni
ninjette.org member

Gauges

A close up of the speedo and whatnot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.6 KB, 9 views)

Old May 26th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #46
Nick nova/ninja/boni
ninjette.org member

Cool She's gone:/

Well she's gone already... Had a guy offer me 2200 and a big ass flat screen and I couldn't pass it up...

Old May 26th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #47
Ninja Bob
Certified Slacker

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Well she's gone already... Had a guy offer me 2200 and a big ass flat screen and I couldn't pass it up...
Woo! Nice flip!

Old May 27th, 2014, 04:30 AM   #48
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

wow! Very good flip!

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old May 27th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #49
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Awesome sequence of events, Nick! BTW, what phone did you use to take those pictures? I have the same problem with my Galaxy Note 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Bob View Post
Love how you're completely ignoring the pleas for correctly oriented pictures.
I have spent a ridiculous amount of hours trying to deal with this crap myself and it's not even remotely worth it. The whole point of doing it on a phone was to avoid dumping pics on a PC and editing them. Mobile apps will seem to support the rotation flags and such and then completely screw it up for no reason. For example, I'll take a pic to upload to the forums and... Oh! It's too big and the forum won't even allow it. I'm not going to change my settings and take it again because I'm not even there anymore (Remember: MOBILE!) .

Hmm, it looks like none of the image hosting services have easy links to resized versions, so I'll just have to resize it myself. There is no stock way to resize an image and even some of the most highly praised image editors on Android can't seem to do it. There are plenty of image resizers from publishers I've never heard of and yet none have options for the type of sampling and such like Irfanview on the desktop, so none really stand out from the others.

I resort to using one anyway and it seems to go well until I finish uploading it and see that my portrait image is now sideways. The original and resized images appear fine on the phone and in the application. Heck, it even appears fine in the notification telling me that the upload was complete, but it is sideways in the app. To top it off, the imgur app just sits there loading forever even though the upload finishes. I have to use the notification to get out of the stuck loading screen and to the image that I now see is sideways. Downloading 10+ other apps and they all had LAUGHABLE issues, like not letting you see the resulting resolution or only letting you resize the longest side, or any number of things (most in addition to making it sideways). The vast majority could not share to imgur (app launches and takes me to upload but I have to browse and find the picture manually without always knowing where it was or being able to distinguish it from the original).

BTW, AVG makes the absolute WORST resizer. I just don't understand how so many apps can screw this up. If they support viewing the image correctly then a resize operation should NOT break it. Instead, it should fix it in any application that didn't support the rotation flags correctly since it has now been reencoded with no need for the flag. Even the ones that seem aware of this kind of thing (display correctly and have options to keep or wipe the EXIF data and such) fail spectacularly. I ended up using PicsArt, which is a little more powerful than a simple image resizer but seems to work. Who knows how much malware my phone picked up for the 20 different apps I tried.

I'm pretty sure that there are two hidden settings inside typical JPEG files that control orientation and most apps simply don't support both correctly. One is the one set when you do a lossless JPEG rotation operation and the other is just a simple EXIF marker. I've never seen an app ignore the orientation of a losslessly rotated JPEG that I edited in Irfanview (requires plugins), so I think Samsung's camera app is doing it wrong. I can't believe all these apps would work this poorly for everyone.

Now, why doesn't Samsung have a simple image resizer in their own damned software if it uses GBs and GBs of my internal storage?!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #50
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

And that's why I use Photobucket.
Less headaches. The photobucket app works very well too, give it a try if you haven't. I used it on my iphone5 and now my samsung galaxy s5 with no problems.

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old May 27th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #51
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
That bike looks awesome!

I'm I understanding you right... you paid 550 in total for the bike and all parts and sold it for 2200+flatscreen? If so congrats! That's a very righteous profit.

The only thing that looked a bit out of place to me was the giant Kawasaki logo on the tank. I think a small, understated Ninja 250 logo would have been better suited to the otherwise, very grungy and bad-ass looking bike.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #52
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
And that's why I use Photobucket.
Less headaches. The photobucket app works very well too, give it a try if you haven't. I used it on my iphone5 and now my samsung galaxy s5 with no problems.
Actually, I tried BOTH of their apps and neither could solve the issues. Even if Samsung's camera is the only one confusing them with the rotation flag, they should at least understand that you might want to upload an image one and share different sizes or AT LEAST let you upload a smaller version and keep the original size.

I couldn't upload and then link to smaller sizes, I couldn't resize and then upload, and I couldn't resize and properly share with other apps. They fail in almost every way. One of their apps was shameless shovel-ware meant to give some "ME TOO!" Instagram knock-off filters and I noticed that the so-called "photo editor" was "Powered by Aviary." I saw that Aviary had something like 100-million plus users, so I checked out their full app and quickly discovered that it was every bit as bad as the worst of them. It lets you put meme-style contrasting bordered Impact font lettering on an image, but it doesn't let you do an even simpler "resize to 600px wide while maintaining aspect ratio" type of operation. Shameful.

Speaking of "shameful," the Galaxy Note series is supposedly all about being able to mark up photos and screenshots and such with the included "S-Pen" stylus, but it needs to simulate meme-style for handwriting (solid colors don't work well when marking up photographs with various colors). All it needs is a line type that lets you pick TWO colors (border and line) and yet I can't even find a 3rd party S-Pen app that does this!

If they actually followed up on real-world usage scenarios then both issues should have been solved before the software went gold.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #53
Singh2jz
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

That's a nice flip. Now let's hope that the new owner doesn't find this thread! lol

Old May 28th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #54
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
dat's um genius... Is this the same Nova I rode with on the dragon 3 years ago?

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote