ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 1st, 2015, 07:49 PM   #1
snapshot
Fogwalker

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 "Matilda"

Driver Runs into Motorcyclist, After he Yells to Stop Texting

Apparently words are enough to get you hit by a texting driver.
NSFW because of the F-word at the beginning.

Story - https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/driver...205458513.html

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spqZ704Um-s

I've verbally addressed texters, but haven't been hit. Yet...

Geez...

Ride on,

J~

Old June 1st, 2015, 08:43 PM   #2
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

You know, the smart response when you see that sort of crappy behavior (texting while driving) is to just let it slide. Take note of the driver's plate and call it in to the cops if the behavior is particularly poor.

You aren't the world's policeman, you just need to look out for yourself sometimes and put as much distance as possible between yourself and the idiot driver.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old June 1st, 2015, 09:44 PM   #3
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Rider got what he deserved. Unless it's your job (you're getting a paycheck) to enforce vehicle violations, just mind your own business and move on.

Maybe it's the cynical New Yorker in me, but there are a ton of batcrap crazies out there. Say something to the wrong person (like this bmw driver for instance) and you deal with the pain.

Is it really worth it? You're the one stuck with the medical bills and the years of rehab. And maybe years of civil lawsuits trying to recover from the driver.

And he taunts the driver too. Light turns green. He doesn't move. As he makes his turn, he slows down considerably. Then you can hear the motor speed up, engine brake, speed up engine brake. He was constantly checking behind him, as if he was trying to block the driver.

If he was trying to "slow down to give himself more time to react" like he said he was, he should've just switched to the right lane.

If he's not an aggressive rider and flows with traffic (moves slower than traffic like he was doing), why bother filtering up front in the first place?

Hope he learned his lesson for "teaching that driver a lesson"

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old June 1st, 2015, 11:08 PM   #4
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

That rider was plain stupid, he was lucky the guy didn't shoot him or run him over. The rider should have let it go and minded his own business, I've seen worst in Norcal that was his luck day. Some people forget their on motorcycles instead of cars.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2015, 11:15 PM   #5
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Rider got what he deserved. Unless it's your job (you're getting a paycheck) to enforce vehicle violations, just mind your own business and move on.

Maybe it's the cynical New Yorker in me, but there are a ton of batcrap crazies out there. Say something to the wrong person (like this bmw driver for instance) and you deal with the pain.

Is it really worth it? You're the one stuck with the medical bills and the years of rehab. And maybe years of civil lawsuits trying to recover from the driver.

And he taunts the driver too. Light turns green. He doesn't move. As he makes his turn, he slows down considerably. Then you can hear the motor speed up, engine brake, speed up engine brake. He was constantly checking behind him, as if he was trying to block the driver.

If he was trying to "slow down to give himself more time to react" like he said he was, he should've just switched to the right lane.

If he's not an aggressive rider and flows with traffic (moves slower than traffic like he was doing), why bother filtering up front in the first place?

Do you try to kill someone every time they hurt your feelings, and do you feel justified in doing so?
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2015, 11:36 PM   #6
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:

Yep he got what was coming to him. Its why I only talk **** online.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:01 AM   #7
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

i find it interesting that the two top threads here right now are this one, and the navy sailor died in a road rage accident.

yet here and in the youtube comments everyone says the cyclist deserved it? why? sure he could have said "please stop texting and driving" instead of using foul language but why does using such language get him hit by a car and everyone blames him?

in the other thread a cyclist gets hit by a car, starting from some sort of arguement and here everyone is all for the cyclist. I dont understand how these are different other than one person dying and one not yet the reactions are completely opposite. It actually is quite comical to me that people can be so topsy turby
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:09 AM   #8
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Yes, he should have used better language to address this issue. No, he did not deserve being ran over. That is assault with a deadly weapon, you don't deserve to drive if you can't do it in a safe manner. There is a reason they say don't let your emotions get the best of you. 5 seconds of over reaction can affect the rest of yours and others lives.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 06:08 AM   #9
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
The rider was being aggressive and should have known better. You never know what kind of people you are dealing with especially when they are in/on a vehicle. Vehicles give people a sense of being anonymous like they won't have to pay for their actions add that to a person who is already crazy aggressive and you have recipe for disaster.

The biker feels like he can say what he wants and nothing will happen, and be a prick in front of the car.... well he is wrong and is an idiot. When on a motorcycle amongst cages you are essentially bringing a knife to a gun fight.... you lose if it ever escalates beyond verbal.

let it go, it's not worth it

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:44 AM   #10
snapshot
Fogwalker

Quote:

I disagree. Something needed to be said. It's precisely because nothing is ever said that people like that reach the level of self-entitlement that the BMW driver displayed. "When good men do nothing, evil triumphs", etc...

As to his riding, he should have immediately either turned off or left the guy in the dust behind him. His lack of perception of a potential threat bit him hard.

Ride on,

J~

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:50 AM   #11
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
"When good men do nothing, evil triumphs
Don't argue with stupid people, they will just dumb you down and beat you with experience. - unknown

US drivers are short tempered, expect perfection, only think about themselves and generally don't give a sh*t about much else aside of what they are doing and getting to their destination as everyone/everything else is an obstacle in their way.

Moto riders are not perceived as an authority figure. To say anything while in motion on the road is mostly the wrong time and place, and will only serve to end badly for the rider or at best, will be simply ignored. The reward is just simply not worth the risk assumed.

As I have always said, "put as much distance between you and stupidity as possible and you will live a longer, happier life."
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:54 AM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Fewer people toss garbage out the window these days because people have expressed that it is socially unacceptable and changed the behavior of those who don't even care about litter for any other reason. For the same reason we should let people know when they are doing something wrong without trying to escalate it.

Recently I saw a guy and girl on a sport bike do a wheelie and come down awkwardly where the girl slipped a little. At the next light I told him that even if he and his girlfriend were OK with the risk, he's making the road less safe for me by turning other drivers against sport bikes. He didn't understand and tried to insult me by saying "I bet you ride a Harley" and pointing out the scuffed hubcaps on my car that happened when my friend wrecked it (pretty sure I made a thread about that a while back). He wanted to goad me into a shouting match where we would be equally misbehaving, which would not be apply the social pressure he needs to feel, so I brushed it off and simply repeated what I said.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2015, 11:22 AM   #13
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Don't agree with the sentiment that it was the rider's fault.

That being said from my POV riding a bike isn't the place to be making comments about other people's driving. I wouldn't mouth off to a guy with a gun pointed at me so I don't feel the need to mouth off to a guy driving a 4 ton 100MPH bullet either.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM   #14
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I wouldn't mouth off to a guy with a gun pointed at me so I don't feel the need to mouth off to a guy driving a 4 ton 100MPH bullet either.
Some people have no problem with it...

Stupidity just amazes me. One idiot with his finger on the trigger. Another idiot pissing him off even more.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:02 PM   #15
snapshot
Fogwalker

Point taken. At any given point 10% of drivers are armed, 10% are unlicensed and/or uninsured and 25% are mentally ill. 5/28's of half of the population are also probably in a bad mood, too. (Don't know how their partners feel about that...)

Ride on,

J~

Old June 3rd, 2015, 03:44 PM   #16
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Well that's one way of saying thanks....

LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2015, 04:25 PM   #17
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231746

Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:15 PM   #18
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Well crap. Soon to be merged. I have been out of the loop since the birth of my boy May 1st. Trying to catch up with all of the posts.
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2015, 10:10 AM   #19
CHenson
ninjette.org member

Name: Curtis

Motorcycle(s): None yet

That looks cool but how about his head turning all over before he was grounded - I think it was a crack on the road.
CHenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2015, 10:33 AM   #20
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
Well crap. Soon to be merged. I have been out of the loop since the birth of my boy May 1st. Trying to catch up with all of the posts.
congrats!

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 4th, 2015, 10:41 AM   #21
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
So much stupid....

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #22
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
^ yep; that about sums it up!

Old June 5th, 2015, 01:56 PM   #23
Urban Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Kate

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, Yamaha TTR 125

Yet another road rage incident...

I mean, yes the motorcyclist was a bit rude but there is no excuse for this driver's actions!

Old June 5th, 2015, 02:29 PM   #24
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old June 5th, 2015, 02:30 PM   #25
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Damnit ninja'd by Alex.

just need the video ID in the youtube tag.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2015, 03:27 PM   #26
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote