Old July 9th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #41
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Hey Baron,

Decided to check out your thread! Took a while to read and I confess I skipped over a few things, but it seems like you've made a lot of progress in terms of personal skill and experience. Keep us updated!

Thanks! It's been a strange yet interesting journey so far. Best part is that it's only just begun.

Don't worry about the skipping, I blabber a lot.

Old July 12th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #42
Baron
Urban Legend

Update
So the fast few days have been interesting. I've been riding quite a bit, running errands. My younger brother also rides a 250 so I went out riding with him a couple of times. It was nice but him being younger, he's a bit aggressive with his riding but then again he's been riding longer than I have.
Luckily I am not stupid enough to do things which I am not comfortable doing, though I did have a few nervous moments but I know better. I did also go on the highway for a bit.
Daunting yes, since I am a fairly new rider, however it was mostly deserted so it was an okay experience.

Old August 7th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #43
Baron
Urban Legend

Day Who-Knows-Which-One

It's been a while since I updated this thing, so why not make an entry. I actually have no idea when riding Circe became second nature and when I started really really enjoying it so much so that the days I don't take her out after getting home from work, I actually feel bad. It's rather interesting to see something that I used to be scared of become a, from how I feel about it, integral part of my lifestyle. Not to mention, she is bloody spoiling me, I don't even want to think about the approaching the winter when I'll have to wake up an hour before work to catch the bus.

Nyhoo a few interesting things happened since my last entry. Now being the rather p***y rider that I [according to some], I don't speed speed. Sure I usually am close to the speed limit[well usually......not really...but close], but the week before the last I was feeling a bit unsettled. I had ridden the whole week just from work to home and so forth[Boring really], so on a Saturday morning around 6 when the highway was deserted[I avoid highways otherwise] and pushed Circe to about 175kmh [100 something mph I believe[too lazy to google]]. I have no idea how long it took but it wasn't that long and at the apex before I look down at the speed, there was complete transcendence. I think that's the closest I've felt to ....well freedom.
Then I looked down at the speed and well..... Slowed down, got off the highway and pulled up nearby and went completely bollocks .

I won't lie, I loved the feeling but I don't want to do it again on the streets or the highway anytime soon. The one good thing that came out of it was that now I was sure I want to head to the tracks at least once.

The Next thing was that I had a near scare the other day.
Like I said earlier, I drive conservatively because I know I am new rider and there are tonnes of stuff that I still have to learn. Needless to say that I've never locked my rear wheel[Most of you know where I am going with this]. So last week I was heading to work in the morning, the traffic was rather thin and it was looking like another uneventful drive to work.

So while going south, I see this big rig coming north. The lights were green and I was probably 100m or less[I don't recall exactly how far I was from the traffic lights] and this rig started making a left turn, I guess he wasn't paying attention or didn't notice me. At this point I change lanes and prepare to brake hard.

Now here's where I am hoping I get some good advice. I know that I could've done something else but I had no idea what to do and so I changed lanes, pulled the clutch in and braked hard, my rear wheel locked up. First Circe's arse went about a foot to the right then to the left. Now Half way through the turn the driver sees me and stops, blocking one of the two lanes. Seeing that he has stopped and the way is clear, I let go of the clutch and the brakes when the rear was going to the right and was somewhat in line with front and accelerated.

The rear wheel spun free, Circe straightened herself and well ...long story short now I am writing this wondering what else could I've done.

Old August 20th, 2014, 03:13 AM   #44
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Based on your description you handled it well enough. you did not crash but there is still a lot of skill you need to develop. First thing, use the front brake more and the rear less. During a panic stop the fork compresses and weight transfers forward due to decelleration. this causes the rear to lift (or get light) which reduces the tires foot print on the road and allows a small amount of brake pressure to lock the rear wheel which is what caused the rear to swing out as you described. Using both brakes is the fastest way to stop but you must practice "panic" stops from higher speeds (in a safe enviroment) to develop the skills not to lock the rear and still modulate the front brake. The front tire will take an incredible amount of brake force (if not applied abruptly) and most riders do not apply half the possible load to the front brake that is possible. Practice Practice Practice stopping hard with just the front brake and with both front and rear. I have read this entire thread and you have made great progress. Having said that i would like to warn you that when newer riders start to feel more confident and things start to feel natural is when you are more vulnerable than when you first started. As you have stated you are now starting to "test" her power and speed and at the same time you are feeling more comfortable so you are not so "edgy" while riding. This is when you are most likely to be caught going a little too fast for your skill level and get caught out. Keep your head on a swivel and never stop watching and assuming everything/everybody is going to try to kill you. You have gained some really valuable skills but remember you are still learning and danger can come anywhere anytime. Untill all these skills become muscle memory and automatic you are still at risk. Keep practicing and posting and ride safe!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 20th, 2014, 07:10 AM   #45
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

To add a little something to Ducati's comments, I would say, try not to pull the clutch when braking... Let the engine compression help you decelerating...

Maybe I'm wrong here, but when pulling the clutch, you "free" the motorcycle from the engine compression and it can unsettle the motorcycle by giving it some forward moment.
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2014, 07:17 AM   #46
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post
To add a little something to Ducati's comments, I would say, try not to pull the clutch when braking... Let the engine compression help you decelerating...

Maybe I'm wrong here, but when pulling the clutch, you "free" the motorcycle from the engine compression and it can unsettle the motorcycle by giving it some forward moment.
We teach to use all 4 controls during the ebrake drill during the msf. Both brakes, pulling clutch and a downshift. Also, during a "situation", one may still have some amount of positive throttle. Pulling the clutch will take that possibility out of the equation.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2014, 08:16 AM   #47
seth hall
Random Ninja Rider

Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Day 1: 19/5/2014

As much as I wish to be a regular poster here my blasted night time work(which is hopefully going to change soon) keeps me from posting regularly. Recently I got my hands on Circe, my 2009 ninja 250R SE, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen; Heck it made me realize that I'm a motocycle pervert. I mean with a rear like that and the new set of rosso 2's she is wearing, ....dammit Baron, focus....FOCUS.
*Slaps himself senseless*
Nyhoo point is that it's been more than a week since I got her and with the insurance and registration out of the way, it was time I get on her. Now for those who remember me from my intro thread and in case they have forgotten, I am as new as they come to riding and I actually have a fear of driving. What in specific's I didn't know till yesterday morning when I took Circe out for a spin.

As I said before I haven't ridden a lot before, Hell I've only done it a time or two when I gave my brother's 250 a shot for a couple of minutes. Now as I was getting used to it, getting used to manoeuvring it around( at slow speed and in 1st gear), I realized that going fast wasn't the problem, it actually felt nice. It was stopping/slowing down that was.

The reason why I didn't get out of first gear in the parking lot, with my speed freak of a younger brother telling me to, is that I fear not slowing down or down shifting or stopping properly. At times I had to make myself bring my feet up when they were half way to the ground because I thought that I was about to screw things up.

Nyhoooo that was day one. With my schedule changing and my weekends opening up soon, I hope to get some serious practice in.

Let me know if any of you guys experienced something similar.

Cheers
-Baron
I have just started riding myself, I have had my bike for a week now. I have rode dirt bikes all my life, however never rode on an actual paved road before . So far I have put over 600 miles on my bike already. I have not take an MSF course either, but I plan to. Just as @Klondike1020 said, I read beginner books and actually watched alot of youtube about riding bikes, and I have had no problems. If you trust your "speed freak" brother enough I would say go for it, and let him teach you a couple things. If you still don't feel confident on your bike I would say go for the MSF! haha.
seth hall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2014, 08:40 AM   #48
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Based on your description you handled it well enough. you did not crash but there is still a lot of skill you need to develop. First thing, use the front brake more and the rear less. During a panic stop the fork compresses and weight transfers forward due to decelleration. this causes the rear to lift (or get light) which reduces the tires foot print on the road and allows a small amount of brake pressure to lock the rear wheel which is what caused the rear to swing out as you described. Using both brakes is the fastest way to stop but you must practice "panic" stops from higher speeds (in a safe enviroment) to develop the skills not to lock the rear and still modulate the front brake. The front tire will take an incredible amount of brake force (if not applied abruptly) and most riders do not apply half the possible load to the front brake that is possible. Practice Practice Practice stopping hard with just the front brake and with both front and rear. I have read this entire thread and you have made great progress. Having said that i would like to warn you that when newer riders start to feel more confident and things start to feel natural is when you are more vulnerable than when you first started. As you have stated you are now starting to "test" her power and speed and at the same time you are feeling more comfortable so you are not so "edgy" while riding. This is when you are most likely to be caught going a little too fast for your skill level and get caught out. Keep your head on a swivel and never stop watching and assuming everything/everybody is going to try to kill you. You have gained some really valuable skills but remember you are still learning and danger can come anywhere anytime. Untill all these skills become muscle memory and automatic you are still at risk. Keep practicing and posting and ride safe!
Thank you.
One of the things I remind myself everytime I get on her is how much I still have to learn. I have had a few people tell me that I should've started on a 600 as I'll outgrow the 250 in a season or two. Without going into this rather asinine debate, I am just going to say that I am glad that I did get a 250. The amount of power this "beginner" motorcycle has is, for me, absolutely incredible.

One thing I discovered that it's ridiculously easy to go fast. I know, it's more of 'of course it's like that' thing but I think it's something that you have to experience than get it from someone else. Like you said, having lost the fear of riding, I do sometimes find myself being carried away by the sight of an empty near empty road. However I do try my best to not get carried away.

As far as braking is concerned, I do practice it once in a while. Since I am preparing for my M1 exit, more often than usual. I have noticed something unusual about my front brake though[I'll make a separate thread for it though].

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
We teach to use all 4 controls during the ebrake drill during the msf. Both brakes, pulling clutch and a downshift. Also, during a "situation", one may still have some amount of positive throttle. Pulling the clutch will take that possibility out of the equation.
Interesting

Old August 20th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #49
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth hall View Post
I have just started riding myself, I have had my bike for a week now. I have rode dirt bikes all my life, however never rode on an actual paved road before . So far I have put over 600 miles on my bike already. I have not take an MSF course either, but I plan to. Just as @Klondike1020 said, I read beginner books and actually watched alot of youtube about riding bikes, and I have had no problems. If you trust your "speed freak" brother enough I would say go for it, and let him teach you a couple things. If you still don't feel confident on your bike I would say go for the MSF! haha.
I do trust him and he is more skilled than I am, however he is also done with it for this season[given his latest escapades], so.....err........no.

I'm reading a few books myself, my latest pick up with 'total control', which I believe is a highly recommended one over here. So far, brilliant read.

Old August 21st, 2014, 01:24 AM   #50
Ducati999

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Just to add to what i said above- When i said practice braking- I mean from speed. Find an empty road or large parking lot get to 50-70mph and practice stopping as fast as safely possible from higher speeds. There is nothing else that can prepare you for what the bike will do at higher speeds than practice. The bike reacts different at 60 when hard on the brakes than at 30.You should also practice hard braking then a smooth release, swerve then braking again hard to a stop. Your "practicing" should match your speed on the street. You must really be careful when practicing higher speed maneuvers but if you are doing it in real life then practice it to be prepared.When something happens on the street or highway, this is the worst place/time to learn what happens.

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:04 AM   #51
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17

Everyday is a learning experience. I locked up the rear a couple times...

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM   #52
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Just to add to what i said above- When i said practice braking- I mean from speed. Find an empty road or large parking lot get to 50-70mph and practice stopping as fast as safely possible from higher speeds. There is nothing else that can prepare you for what the bike will do at higher speeds than practice. The bike reacts different at 60 when hard on the brakes than at 30.You should also practice hard braking then a smooth release, swerve then braking again hard to a stop. Your "practicing" should match your speed on the street. You must really be careful when practicing higher speed maneuvers but if you are doing it in real life then practice it to be prepared.When something happens on the street or highway, this is the worst place/time to learn what happens.
Thank you. I did try that today when I was coming back from the gym. The road was rather empty at 10, so I tried that. There was some guess work involved in judging the stopping distance at that speed and I didn't stop as fast I would've hoped but I did manage to stop before or right at the intended mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post

Everyday is a learning experience. I locked up the rear a couple times...

I feel like a movie star. xD

Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:32 PM   #53
Ducati999

Great to hear that you are doing everything you should. I read every post on this thread and you seem like you are "pressing all the right buttons". Just continue to ride and practice and before you know it you will be reacting to situations before your mind realizes what is happening. Untill the responses become automatic you are really at risk, once they become automatic you are still at risk but more prepared to deal with what pops up on your ride! The best part is that the only way to get better is to ride and practice (reading helps also). I have been riding for over 20 years and just did my first track day. When you think you are ready GO TO THE TRACK-- nothing in my many years of riding has helped to improve my skills on the street like riding on the track! Dirt riding will also help but track time plus the classes between sessions really brings all you know to a fine point and you will be a better rider because of it! I look forward to reading more about your continued progress

Old August 31st, 2014, 12:35 PM   #54
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Great to hear that you are doing everything you should. I read every post on this thread and you seem like you are "pressing all the right buttons". Just continue to ride and practice and before you know it you will be reacting to situations before your mind realizes what is happening. Untill the responses become automatic you are really at risk, once they become automatic you are still at risk but more prepared to deal with what pops up on your ride! The best part is that the only way to get better is to ride and practice (reading helps also). I have been riding for over 20 years and just did my first track day. When you think you are ready GO TO THE TRACK-- nothing in my many years of riding has helped to improve my skills on the street like riding on the track! Dirt riding will also help but track time plus the classes between sessions really brings all you know to a fine point and you will be a better rider because of it! I look forward to reading more about your continued progress
I tried to post a couple of days ago but I was at work and I believe my session had timed out.
Nyhoo here I go again.
For me going to track is inevitable. I found something in riding that I didn't believe I could. I ran away from it for years and now I can't get enough. However that being said, it does depend on a few things:-
1. Gear : When I go to track, I want to have gear that is good and holds up in case something goes wrong. I don't mean that I should have top-of-the-line, sell-my-soul-to-Crowley gear which professionals do, however I want to get gear that isn't just passable or acceptable level but is good.
Gear does not equate to skill, however for a person like me, who was afraid of riding some time ago, gear is a kind of reassurance.
2. Second Ride : Given that Circe, my 250, is my only commuter, I don't want to go through the hassle of prepping it the for the track and then undoing every single thing. Ideally I would want to get another bike[a 600 if I am ready for it or a 300 if I am not] for my commuting and convert Circe to a track only bike. There is also the matter of getting it transported to the track.
3. Finances : I don't know how my does the first track week cost but from what I've been hearing it's a bit expensive, so that might be a hindrance.

Having said that, I really hope that I do get to go to track next year. For me it's not just a matter of 'Am I ready for it?', because I know that I sometimes back away from things that aren't in my comfort zone. For me it's a matter of breaking free of nervousness and second thoughts, grab that natural instinct inside of me and wrench it out.........okay that was a bit dramatic but yea...that...xD

Old August 31st, 2014, 12:44 PM   #55
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
This is all dependant on local orgs rules, but for me and my bike, "prepping" was done the morning of at trackside.

Tape up all lights
Remove fuses for lights
Remove mirrors
Remove dash gizmos

I am sure I am forgetting something, but the point is I rode to the track, then prepped, did the sessions, undid my prep, and rode home.

If I needed to I could have added luggage for food/drinks/trade items for use of someone elses popup. My Dad wanted to come watch so he brought the cooler, shade, and popup.

Just saying you don't need a track dedicated bike right off and Circe can be easily switched back and forth as she is. Yes, having a track specific bike with everything properly buttoned up and safety wired with fairings you don't mind rashing cause they are a quick fix makes it easier, but its not required.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.

Last futzed with by NevadaWolf; August 31st, 2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Spaced on bike name, my bad
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2014, 02:27 PM   #56
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
This is all dependant on local orgs rules, but for me and my bike, "prepping" was done the morning of at trackside.

Tape up all lights
Remove fuses for lights
Remove mirrors
Remove dash gizmos

I am sure I am forgetting something, but the point is I rode to the track, then prepped, did the sessions, undid my prep, and rode home.
TreeIf I needed to I could have added luggage for food/drinks/trade items for use of someone elses popup. My Dad wanted to come watch so he brought the cooler, shade, and popup.

Just saying you don't need a track dedicated bike right off and Circe can be easily switched back and forth as she is. Yes, having a track specific bike with everything properly buttoned up and safety wired with fairings you don't mind rashing cause they are a quick fix makes it easier, but its not required.
Interesting. I'll ask around some more, I haven't had that much time to do it simply because I've been busy with work stuff and practice for my M2 road test. Thanks

Day : "Two thousand and Two thousand four hundred and eighty seven million Nine hundred and n seventy three thousand four hundred and sixty three................... And seventy"

This past week I was lucky enough to be part of two group rides. Both along the same path more or less with the same guys. In total each of the rides was about 200-240 kms. The second being a bit shorter because of time constraints. We were a group of three.
Since it was my first couple of rides I don't remember the exact path I took but the two main roads we went to were Forks of the Credit and River Road.

We took it easy, Forks was a bit tricky since there were a lot of blind corners and the hairpin turn was where I went extra careful. River road was more fun, although the two guys did go ahead while I followed at my own pace. I wasn't so slow so as to ruin the fun but wasn't as fast as them but I guess that'll come with time.
So far, I've cut my chicken strips in half and I don't know if it because of the confidence gain in that trip but the serpentine test of my upcoming road test which I am nervous about doesn't seem so scary at all.

Last futzed with by Baron; August 31st, 2014 at 07:51 PM.
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2014, 06:05 PM   #57
Asspire
Fix It Till Ya Break It

Name: Asspyre

Motorcycle(s): 08 250RRrrrr

forks tend to be a heat score, and a little overrated, at least to me. Next time your in that area, check out Hockley Valley, nice road to cruise.
Asspire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2014, 06:10 PM   #58
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asspire View Post
forks tend to be a heat score, and a little overrated, at least to me. Next time your in that area, check out Hockley Valley, nice road to cruise.
We actually did. Forgot to mention that, we went from
Terra Cota ->Forks->Hockley Valley->River road. xD

Old October 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #59
Baron
Urban Legend

Longtimenoseeingsorryiwasawayworkshithappenedlongridesalsoicrashedintherainoilsl ickwohoquickupdate

Fine...I'll slow down and start again...

Hello people of earth...wait wrong speech xD
Cheers everyone,

Haven't posted in a while but a lot has been going on over here, so hopefully this will be a comeback post of sorts?
Oh well, Let me start with the good parts.

I've been going on more and more rides of late. Just a month or so ago I was out riding with a family who have been riding all their life. They were all on cruizers and I was the only one on a sport bike but it was a fun day. I kept up with them and at the end of which they told me that I ride Circe as if it was a 600 and gave the impression that I have been riding for some time though they still think I need a bigger bike. xD Probably the best compliment I've ever gotten.
I finally decided that I won't be upgrading for another season or two because it makes more sense, financially that is.

Also, seeing that this season is more or less at an end, I had one hell of a first season. 4.5-5k km in 4 months or so.....I could've done better but I took it at my own pace and had a lot of fun.

But that is where the good parts end

Last Friday, I kind of had my first crash, if you want to call it that, it was more or less a slip. To make it short, it was raining and while that is no problem in itself, I failed to notice oil had accumulated in the middle of the lane. I was slowing down and shifting to the right tire track when all of a sudden I lost all traction.

The next thing I know that I am falling down on my left side and Circe sliding a few meters away. Luckily I was wearing gear had a back pack behind me which prevented any serious injuries. I got away with some swelling on my quads, sore shoulder muscles a a bruise on my knee because I was wearing work pants instead of riding pants.

The damage to Circe was more or less cosmetic with the left side fairing taking most of it. The left handlebar is bent a bit though there isn't much difference in handling...well kind of. The forks and rims are fine. I've fixed the broken indicator light and though it took some time temporarily fixed the side fairing.

Also, for some reason my right boots took some damage, which is strange seeing as fell on my left....hmmm....oh well.

Here are a few before and one after shot[straight from the camera, so they pretty much suck, not to mention I was a bit unsteady after the slip so messed up photos]

It fits and is "fixed" but it certainly isn't elegant.

How the hell did this happen?

Old October 11th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #60
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Sorry mang... glad your good, gear FTW!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #61
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Sorry mang... glad your good, gear FTW!
Thanks
I take it this way, every rider is more or less going to crash/slip in his/her first season. I am glad that I was wearing gear, it wasn't in heavy traffic and it's happened near the end of the season. :P

Old October 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #62
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I was wondering about you the other day. Missing your little Onion Head icons.

Sucks about the crash, yay for more riding.

And welcome back.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #63
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I was wondering about you the other day. Missing your little Onion Head icons.

Sucks about the crash, yay for more riding.

And welcome back.
Yay! I was missed!!

I was just about to post on your profile that I'm back.

Oh well

xD

Old October 12th, 2014, 04:50 AM   #64
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

R6 time!

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old October 12th, 2014, 07:07 AM   #65
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
R6 time!
Pfft....pfttt...H2R...xD

Old October 12th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #66
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Welcome back...
Um, it's like my second season an I haven't; slipped, crashed, Tl/Dr

Old October 13th, 2014, 03:11 AM   #67
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Haha! An H2R would be sweet.

And yeah, my wreck was at the end of my second year but it wasn't my fault so...

Raven's Rejuvenation

Last futzed with by LittleRedNinjette; October 13th, 2014 at 09:21 AM.

Old October 13th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #68
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Welcome back...
Um, it's like my second season an I haven't; slipped, crashed, Tl/Dr
....and that's why I get to upgrade and you don't. xD

Quote:
Haha! An H2R would be sweet.

And yeah, my wreck was at the end of my second year buy it wasn't my fault so...

Thing is....I would die on it.....I wouldn't be able to get out of first gear....but I would still die on it....

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #69
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Boo... Ima upgrade

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #70
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Boo... Ima upgrade

Verdict : Min requirements not met
xD

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:45 AM   #71
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:

Verdict : Min requirements not met
xD
Might be bugs on some a you mugs; but ain't no bugs on me...
Keep your silly requirements to yourself

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #72
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Might be bugs on some a you mugs; but ain't no bugs on me...
Keep your silly requirements to yourself

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #73
BlownWideOpen
ninjette.org guru

Name: Artie

Motorcycle(s): Stuff

I took the MSF. Best thing ever. I used RTI for my M1 exit course, and will be using them for my M2 exit when time comes.

Old October 13th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #74
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownWideOpen View Post
I took the MSF. Best thing ever. I used RTI for my M1 exit course, and will be using them for my M2 exit when time comes.
I'll be doing the advance riding course they have for getting the full M. It's not as expensive as the one for getting one's M2.

Old October 13th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #75
BlownWideOpen
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I'll be doing the advance riding course they have for getting the full M. It's not as expensive as the one for getting one's M2.
I will be too, first course next year in Toronto

Old October 15th, 2014, 04:39 AM   #76
Baron
Urban Legend

Well my season is over

Well....my season is over.
Due to some unexpected circumstances I'm ending my season rather prematurely.
While this is sad, frustrates me to no end and makes me want to club the next squid who I see on the road with a barbed wire bat ; it does give me the opportunity to look forward to my winter project.

Circe v2.

Nothing too major but I am hoping a little bit of wrench therapy makes this winter a little bit more tolerable, though I don't have a heated garage to store her in soooo....

Old October 15th, 2014, 05:06 AM   #77
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

I am curious what the "unexpected circumstances" are and the connection to "the next squid who I see on the road"....

Also what are the plans for the bike?

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old October 15th, 2014, 05:21 AM   #78
BlownWideOpen
ninjette.org guru

Hey Baron, my brother lives in Brampton. If you ever need any help I could swing by if I'm free. Let me know.

Old October 15th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #79
Baron
Urban Legend

Quote:
I am curious what the "unexpected circumstances" are and the connection to "the next squid who I see on the road"....

Also what are the plans for the bike?
lol...plans...plans...well now that would be giving it away. xD
Let me just say that I'm going to try and make her one of a kind. :P

But no there is no connection, the 'circumstances' as such are more or less me moving out soon......again. I just said it because they piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownWideOpen View Post
Hey Baron, my brother lives in Brampton. If you ever need any help I could swing by if I'm free. Let me know.
Awesome! Sounds good.

Old October 15th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #80
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Nobody likes when a "season" ends prematurely, unless you can find a way to help the others involved Finnish their "season"