Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old February 28th, 2016, 09:20 PM   #161
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
Glad to hear you're making progress and consciously developing skills.

While I do agree with Chris/chone about slowing down for the conditions, I overlooked (or he didn't mention) anything about vision. The snippets of your crashes that I highlighted above both involve stationary objects that you did not see. Slowing down is a safe place to start, but make sure you couple it with improved vision. Manhole covers don't come out of nowhere my friend.
Agreed. I need to start paying more attention. For some reason I rode a wee bit distracted all season long.

Old February 29th, 2016, 05:49 AM   #162
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Learn from that and become a better, safer, rider this year.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 29th, 2016, 06:04 AM   #163
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I really really need to go the track. I am very aggressive by my nature and the fact that my aggression spills into my riding is …well…let’s just say that it’d going to get me killed if it goes on this way.
Looking forward to when you can hit the track. It most likely will do wonders for your ability to calm the urges to ride aggressively on the street. Also, don't let a wet track day rain on your parade. Imho... these wet laps at the track are some of the best days for street riders to explore themselves as riders and really, really, really learn to feel traction. What those riders learn, are directly translated to their next street ride.

Happy for your progress!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2016, 04:12 PM   #164
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Learn from that and become a better, safer, rider this year.
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Looking forward to when you can hit the track. It most likely will do wonders for your ability to calm the urges to ride aggressively on the street. Also, don't let a wet track day rain on your parade. Imho... these wet laps at the track are some of the best days for street riders to explore themselves as riders and really, really, really learn to feel traction. What those riders learn, are directly translated to their next street ride.

Happy for your progress!
Thanks. It'll probably be either this year or the next.Hopefully this year, trick is to balance finances which I can't do for the life of me. I love Uni but the debt is making me want to jump headfirst of a sodding bridge.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.