ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 30th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #41
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Why would you start the bike in gear anyway? To use remote start, you'd have to leave it in neutral and the bike will start with the kickstand down as long as it is in neutral.
Uh, I don't want to start it in gear, I was just wondering if that neutral safety switch would apply to the remote start... so if for whatever reason the bike does end up in gear it doesnt try to start
demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2010, 05:13 AM   #42
Gotroach332
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

U wouldn't start the bike in gear.. U asked if there was a safety switch built in to the bike. I replied that yes there is. But only if it's in gear. The point of the neutral safety switch built into the remote is that it has to read a signal of ground in order for the remote starter to function which is why I said wire the neutral saftey switch wire from the remote start to the neutral light on the bike so that the bike will only start via remote if in neutral.. Unfortunitly the remote start won't function unless it can read the rpms and until I can find the right wire to use for that I am holding off on completing
The remote start side of the install. It was so much easier to get wiring schematics when I was an installer. Now that I don't install alarms for a living I don't have access to any of my resources.. Cars are a lot easier to install on or if this bike
Was fuel injected it would be
Easier to find cuz I could go to an injector..
Gotroach332 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #43
spider2k
ninjette.org newbie

Name: ryan

Motorcycle(s): 250r

theres a wiring diagram on post 5 that will show you the wire for the tachometer. otherwise set it for voltage.

i wish remote start on the cars i do every day was as easy as a bike no can,no resistors. i might take my smart start off my nsx and put it on the 250r when the wifey gets it(its a gift and i "cant have it until i stop mentioning it").

we are going to put a remote start on my co-workers riding mower for s&g here soon too.
spider2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #44
naughtylion
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Hi guys,

Without getting into a debate how useful it is, or if it would even work (it does), has anyone figured this out as yet? I have a carbed 2011 and I'd be really greatful to hear from anyone that has installed an autostart sucessfully.

Apparently there is some 'anti-jack' tech on this bike that prevents it from being hotwired (which is kinda what you need to do to install an auto start).

I have wired the starter wire into the ignition wiring loom and it turns the bike over sucessfully, but fails to start. There's another dude on this forum that posted a DIY on how to install the SPY 5000M. (All of the cheap POS alarm systems out of China are all wired exactly the same way. I have a similar alarm.) He goes into a fantastic step by step on how to install the alarm, but stops at the auto-start, initially not being able to work it out. He worked it out, but won't post the instructions online for obvious reasons. I have sent him a PM but haven't receieved a reply. I have also called the Kawasaki dealership to see if they could shed some light, but they weren't aware of any such security system and I knew more about the wiring in this bike than they did.

I know it will be something SO simple, but without ripping near all of the wiring apart and going over each wire with a multimeter and trying to figure it out, I'm stuck. Can anyone assist?
naughtylion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2012, 05:42 AM   #45
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

The Spy 5000M installs and works just fine on the carb'd bikes. Just follow his wiring instructions on the other thread. If in fact there is some "anti-jack" on the lil ninjette... it must only be on the FI models. I do have an aftermarket BRT ignition box on mine though but I have no idea if that makes a difference.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2012, 03:08 PM   #46
naughtylion
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
The Spy 5000M installs and works just fine on the carb'd bikes. Just follow his wiring instructions on the other thread. If in fact there is some "anti-jack" on the lil ninjette... it must only be on the FI models. I do have an aftermarket BRT ignition box on mine though but I have no idea if that makes a difference.
Thanks dubojr1, but I have followed his instructions but he doesn't stipulate how to finish it off. He states he hooked it up like I have and it turned but didn't start. In a later thread he says that he had figured out the workaround, but wouldn't post it online. Given that the starter wire when connected will turn the bike over but not start, makes me think the anti-jack thing would be on carbed ninjas as well... (as mine is carbed).

I know it works, I just need instructions on the work around on the ignition.

Old February 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM   #47
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

But my remote start works just fine on my carb'd 2009. I followed his guide and you have to remember to leave the fuse out once you connect the wires for RS. Pink and brown if I remember correctly.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2012, 04:15 AM   #48
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Could this thread help at all?
Ignition delete
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #49
spider2k
ninjette.org newbie

Name: ryan

Motorcycle(s): 250r

likely there's a resistor value provided to the ecu when you insert the key. look for 2 wires from the ignition. one will be a reference ground and the other will be the wire that goes to the ecu. put a meter between em and see what it reads when you insert the key or turn it on. use a relay to throw he resistance to he ecu side while breaking the connection to the switch side while remote start is running.

for reference google the gm vats or passlock.
spider2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #50
naughtylion
ninjette.org member

!!!SOLVED!!! How to get remote start to actually kick over and run

If you're like me you've hooked in the remote start and the bike kicks, but doesn't start and run.

Found the time to nut it out. Solution is below:

You locate the ingnition conector under the fuel tank and disconect it (this way you dont need to disconect the battery).

Find the brown and grey wires on the ignition side of the plug.

Cut the smaller grey wire about 10-15cm from the plug and strip a small section of the brown wire back about 10-15cm from the plug.

Then just get a 100ohm resistor and solder it between the brown and grey wires.

Basically the brown wire feeds 12v to the ignition barrel when you turn the key it feeds the gray wire back 12v via a 100ohms resistor inside the barrel.
So all you're doing is bypassing the resistor in the ignition barrel and jumping it before the barrel.
This now gives the bike the right signal to start.

Just cover up the cut end of the grey wire from the ignition side.

If you have a multi meter just measure the resistence (ohms) from the brown wire to the grey at the plug and you should have 100ohms.

Use heat shrink or electrical tape to cover all joins and make it water proof.

Plug it back together and you should be in business.

Jump around with joy and annoy your neighbours with your new toy

Old December 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #51
jjr
ninjette.org newbie

Name: justo

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Is there a 100 ohm in the ignition on a 2010 ninja 250
jjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #52
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^^ dude really? Did you read the post literally right before you posted?! Really? Dude.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #53
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
^^^ dude really? Did you read the post literally right before you posted?! Really? Dude. Welcome justo!
fify
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #54
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
^^^ dude really? Did you read the post literally right before you posted?! Really? Dude.
He may not realize that 2010 is the exact same bike.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #55
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
My bad guys welcome!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote