Old May 20th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #281
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
going to attempt to mix Veil, Beef and Pork into one BURGER!
they call it a "world tour" at the local burger place. the burger is beef and pork, with diced bacon bits mixed in then bacon on top with a chicken breast on top of that then onions and lettuice and some kind of odd spicy chopotle mayo sauce. its pretty good.

Old May 21st, 2014, 05:13 PM   #282
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old May 21st, 2014, 05:15 PM   #283
Gunnarman
ninjette.org member

Name: Grayson

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250 special edition

Looks tasty what is it?
Gunnarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM   #284
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

Rifleman’s “Beg for Mercy” Salsa

8 large tomatoes (poached, skinned and diced)
1 can tomato paste
2 Tbs (heaped) Minced Garlic (in oil)
2 cans chilies (finely minced)
Cilantro, half bunch (chopped, stems removed)
5 Jalapenos (diced, seeds removed)
1 large red onion (chopped)
1 tsp Roses™ limejuice
1 large yellow onion (chopped)
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Tbs. (heaping) Salt
1 Tbs Chili oil or Hot sauce

It is preferred to dice, mince, and chop by hand as using a food processor tends to “over process” the materials. Each vegetable piece should be large enough to identify. Poaching Tomatoes is done by heating a pan of water to boiling then immersing the tomatoes for 30 seconds. Roll the tomatoes as any side or part of the tomato above the water will not be properly poached. Core out the stem of the tomato and slip out of the skin. Dice the tomatoes and let most of the liquid drain away. Store purchase minced garlic in oil is acceptable. The larger minced garlic chunks have a milder taste then finely minced or crushed garlic. Cilantro comes as a stem with a leafy top and two small leaves half way down the stem. Cut off the leafy top and the two smaller leaves and throw away the stem. If the stem is included it will produce a harsher metallic flavor. Onions should be diced to the size one would expect for a condiment on a hotdog. I always add a level Tbs of salt and then taste the salsa and add more if needed/desired. Time will also reduce the “salt” taste and bring out the flavor of the other ingredients. If it taste to salty, give it a day or two and taste again. Add more or less Jalapenos to taste; other chilies can be substituted depending on personal taste. Roasting or smoking the chilies will increase the “heat” as well as change the flavor. Chili oil is added to increase the “heat”; the oil I use is also sesame flavored and adds an interesting nose to the salsa. Change the amount to taste.

Prepare all ingredients as indicated above. Place in a large bowl or pan and stir until homogeneous. Makes 24 – 36 ounces depending on the size of the tomatoes and onions.

To make salsa in the winter time or any time fresh tomatoes are not available, substitute 32 oz of Del Monte Garlic and Herb diced tomatoes
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:55 AM   #285
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Deer, Pig and Cow!

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:14 PM   #286
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): None...Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
sure,

cut up trimmed chicken breasts into chunks, throw them in a bowl with a teriyaki chicken marinade (1 part salty (soy sauce), 1 part sweet (half sugar, half honey), 1 part sour (vinegar)- throw in lots of garlic, some black pepper to taste, just a little bit of paprika, and just a dash of some sesame oil. mix it well and then mix the chunked chicken into it and throw it in the fridge for an hour.

dice up large white or red onions, green and red peppers, and some jalepenos. take 1 slice of thick bacon for each 2 chunks of chicken you are preparing. cut the slices of bacon in half

to prepare your 'bobs, take a skewer and throw on the following:

onion, green pepper, jalepeno, chicken, folded up bacon... then repeat 3 times for each skewer.

throw it on the BBQ - indirect heat at first to get the chicken and veggies up to temp but then direct flame to char up the sugar on the chicken and the bacon and get a nice carmelization going on the chicken. flip it 4 times so you don't burn the surface more than a slight char. if you go too much the sugar burns and with the soy sauce combination it makes it tastes similar to cigarettes... so don't burn it.

Cool thanks...., I will definitely be trying this at some point!

Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:17 PM   #287
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Quote:
they call it a "world tour" at the local burger place. the burger is beef and pork, with diced bacon bits mixed in then bacon on top with a chicken breast on top of that then onions and lettuice and some kind of odd spicy chopotle mayo sauce. its pretty good.
That sounds EPIC

Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:18 PM   #288
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
Rifleman’s “Beg for Mercy” Salsa

8 large tomatoes (poached, skinned and diced)
1 can tomato paste
2 Tbs (heaped) Minced Garlic (in oil)
2 cans chilies (finely minced)
Cilantro, half bunch (chopped, stems removed)
5 Jalapenos (diced, seeds removed)
1 large red onion (chopped)
1 tsp Roses™ limejuice
1 large yellow onion (chopped)
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Tbs. (heaping) Salt
1 Tbs Chili oil or Hot sauce

It is preferred to dice, mince, and chop by hand as using a food processor tends to “over process” the materials. Each vegetable piece should be large enough to identify. Poaching Tomatoes is done by heating a pan of water to boiling then immersing the tomatoes for 30 seconds. Roll the tomatoes as any side or part of the tomato above the water will not be properly poached. Core out the stem of the tomato and slip out of the skin. Dice the tomatoes and let most of the liquid drain away. Store purchase minced garlic in oil is acceptable. The larger minced garlic chunks have a milder taste then finely minced or crushed garlic. Cilantro comes as a stem with a leafy top and two small leaves half way down the stem. Cut off the leafy top and the two smaller leaves and throw away the stem. If the stem is included it will produce a harsher metallic flavor. Onions should be diced to the size one would expect for a condiment on a hotdog. I always add a level Tbs of salt and then taste the salsa and add more if needed/desired. Time will also reduce the “salt” taste and bring out the flavor of the other ingredients. If it taste to salty, give it a day or two and taste again. Add more or less Jalapenos to taste; other chilies can be substituted depending on personal taste. Roasting or smoking the chilies will increase the “heat” as well as change the flavor. Chili oil is added to increase the “heat”; the oil I use is also sesame flavored and adds an interesting nose to the salsa. Change the amount to taste.

Prepare all ingredients as indicated above. Place in a large bowl or pan and stir until homogeneous. Makes 24 – 36 ounces depending on the size of the tomatoes and onions.

To make salsa in the winter time or any time fresh tomatoes are not available, substitute 32 oz of Del Monte Garlic and Herb diced tomatoes
When I can scrape together the ingredients, I'm definitely trying this...

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:16 AM   #289
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

the trick to successful poaching of the tomatoes is to put the tomatoes in the big pan and cover them with water... now remove the tomatoes and put the pan on the stove to boil. If you just add water to the pan you either get to much and when you at to tomatoes it spills over, or you add to little and when you add the tomatoes they aren't fully immersed.

just put them in the pan, add water until they are floating and then pull them out, bada BING!
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #290
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

chicken alfredo was a staple of my childhood diet. my sister made it seriously at least twice a week. she tried lots of different ways of making it but this is one of my favorites. i make it every now and then (not twice a week!)

trimmed chicken breast, soaked in garlic butter for an hour. make a spice mix: salt and pepper to taste (you will be charring the pepper so go easy) lots of garlic, onion powder, paprika, cayanne, a little sugar, a bit of cumin, just a tiny pinch of cinnamon, some basil and diced parsley. start the noodles boiling. mix it well and cover the chicken in it before pan frying in light oil at medium heat for 10 and 8 minutes then set on a plate to the side to finish. get rid of the oil in the pan and replace with a stick of butter. melt the butter then add a cup of heavy cream. simmer for 5 minutes and stir it well. it will come down just a bit, turn the heat off and add 1.5 to 2 cups of grated parmesian cheese. mix non stop for 2 or 3 minutes until it stabilizes. by now your chicken is equalized inside so you can chop it into pieces, put them over the noodles, and pour your alfredo sauce on top. serve with garlic bread. buttered broccoli goes well with it also.

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #291
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

sounds good...I'll have to give it a try one of these nights

Old June 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM   #292
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Awwww yea... cilantro & lime grilling sauce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cilantro.lime.grill.sauce.jpg (166.9 KB, 3 views)
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #293
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Awwww yea... cilantro & lime grilling sauce.
Nice...I bet that goes awesome on chicken!

Old June 20th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #294
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
sweet and spicy teriyaki chicken/bacon fajita kabobs

standard teriyaki (sugar, soy, vinegar, garlic, ginger, onion powder) plus cajon spices (cayanne, paprika, more garlic) let the onions peppers chicken cubes and half slices of bacon marinate for at least an hour. put the chicken and bacon against each other on the kabob stick so the fats melt together and they become one unit of "chacon" (chicken+bacon) grill indirect at first, good heat for about 20 minutes then direct heat and char the bitches until they're nicely charred all around.

Old June 20th, 2014, 09:06 AM   #295
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonyou24 View Post
For sure! Let me know how that turns out. And you should totally post your buffalo sauce recipe....
The flour worked. Just don't toss it in in a big clump... That didn't go so well.
If you add it slowly as its boiling it was ok. Next time i may try adding it to the soda or the peppers first. think it was about a tablespoon but i would add more next time to make it a bit thicker yet.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #296
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonyou24 View Post
Nice...I bet that goes awesome on chicken!
Yes sir!

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #297
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

@alex.s

Man.... you should have cooked for us at Jennings. lol And.... why do you eat such foods off paper all the time. Not that I am no better, if you remember I put $60 worth of 2 lobster tails on paper too. hahahahahaha

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #298
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i like making the messes. not cleaning them up ;P

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #299
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i want to go back to jennings soon. i'll cook then

Old June 30th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #300
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
i want to go back to jennings soon. i'll cook then
Deals!

Old July 10th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #301
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
The flour worked. Just don't toss it in in a big clump... That didn't go so well.
If you add it slowly as its boiling it was ok. Next time i may try adding it to the soda or the peppers first. think it was about a tablespoon but i would add more next time to make it a bit thicker yet.
Nice, glad to hear it worked out...I shall amend the recipe to reflect this

Old July 10th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #302
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Sorry I haven't been on much guys, I feel as though I've been neglecting the thread... Glad you guys are keeping it going

Old July 10th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #303
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old August 20th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #304
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Hey guys, I still don't have a decent ISP yet...still getting settled in here, but I'll try and make it on here a little more often.(promise)

Old August 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #305
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Raven's Rejuvenation

Old August 24th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #306
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

My mother-in-law hooked me up. I have the coolest in-laws that I could ever ask for. Before he passed away, my father-in-law and I used to play golf together and do projects. Since he passed away, my wife and I have been doing a lot to help take care of her (she is handicapped).

Well, to say "thanks" for all I have done for her, she gave me a Kitchen Aid Professional 500 mixer. I am putting it to goo use tonight, making bread for the first time.

I have never tried baking beyond cornbread because it was a pain without a mixer. I always put my money towards other things (currently photography and bicycles), so it was a great surprise.

I am making some bread tonight. SWEET.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2014, 08:33 PM   #307
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Man, nothing like fresh bread right out of the oven...

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #308
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you just need the laser-bread-slicer now.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old August 26th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #309
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

LOL

That is cool, but I'd be afraid of what else I'd try to see what the laser would cut through!

Old September 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #310
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Off topic, but do any fellow Washington residents know if that used cycle shop in Auburn is any good? I forget the name...

Old September 11th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #311
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Makin BBQ ribs!!

NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM   #312
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16

Link to original page on YouTube.

JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:31 AM   #313
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Hey @NDspd!

I made the best ribs I have ever made they other day. Smoked in the smoker for 14h's. I will post the recipe in a bit. Although, I was not ATTGATT lol. I must ask though, your pouring milk into a sauce pan? What was ya makin'?

Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:40 PM   #314
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I need some bar b que in a egg roll in my life

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #315
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Hey @NDspd!

I made the best ribs I have ever made they other day. Smoked in the smoker for 14h's. I will post the recipe in a bit. Although, I was not ATTGATT lol. I must ask though, your pouring milk into a sauce pan? What was ya makin'?
Scalloped Potatoes
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #316
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Irish egg rolls

That's right... Corn beef an cabbage egg rolls

Make corn beef an cabbage, wrap egg rolls, cook egg rolls, eaaaaaat

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #317
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
ew

Old September 24th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #318
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
Scalloped Potatoes
my faaaaaaaveeeeeee! we call them "Sandy potatoes"... not sure why. i think it has something to do with the beach. or maybe someone named sandy.

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #319
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Tomorrow either Ruben egg rolls or spring rolls... Mmmm Ruben sandwiches

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #320
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
**** yo couch