Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 21st, 2013, 06:25 AM   #81
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Name: Roderick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
The fact that you came to, of all places, a motorcycle forum to air these grievances is extremely confusing. You came to a place full of people with a similar passion and lifestyle to let us know that you don't care for the lifestyle. It's like joining Facebook to complain how stupid social media is. Basically I'm glad I don't know you in real life, because you sound like a major bummer
It didn't take me as long as you to make the judgment about you. You don't get it and you never will. I tried to state my motive with the utmost level of simplicity and you still don't understand. I'm only on this forum to learn how to work on this bike. So no your analogy is terrible because you have confused my motives. Is it a crime to post a motorcycle confrontation on a motorcycle forum. I like to be the villain at times but I don't how you are able to do that based on my actions.
Rugby Winger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 06:32 AM   #82
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Some people are antisocial for whatever reason, whether it's personal or some sort of real condition. I'm not going to judge. Regardless, with all due respect, this is unfortunately what happens when you choose not to play with the other kids in the sandbox. You get viewed as an outcast and different. Once you're labelled as such, there may be a hot head who views that difference in an adversarial manner and kicks the sand back in your face. Aside from the hand gestures or lack thereof and a few nasty words, both parties at least didn't escalate it to something more.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM   #83
Sinister
nub

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): '08 zx-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Winger View Post
It didn't take me as long as you to make the judgment about you. You don't get it and you never will. I tried to state my motive with the utmost level of simplicity and you still don't understand. I'm only on this forum to learn how to work on this bike. So no your analogy is terrible because you have confused my motives. Is it a crime to post a motorcycle confrontation on a motorcycle forum. I like to be the villain at times but I don't how you are able to do that based on my actions.

And where in your original post were you delving for technical information? You made a non-technical, socially invested post and get confused when people think you have the social skills of an acorn.......?
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM   #84
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
My arm is always like that except only my hand is grabbing my thigh with my elbow bent outward.......
That may have been close enough for that grumpy bastard to feel "disrespected".

..........just crazy !!!

I don't understand that gangster mentality.
How can you respect or disrespect someone that you don't know?
They don't respect each other, they can only hate, abuse or fear other people.

Sure, due to ignorance of the significance of a gesture, you could offend somebody.
But this is a gesture that not everybody riding a motorcycle knows; hence, if unable to "take it", the offended part could have limited himself to clarify things verbally rather than confronting you like a cave Australopithecus.

I think that you handled a bad situation very well.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:29 AM   #85
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
^^^ +1 for useing australopithecus on a MC forum. lol
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:55 AM   #86
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
I'm only on this forum to learn how to work on this bike.
What can we help you with?

Quote:
I like to be the villain at times.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:59 AM   #87
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
^^^ +1 for useing australopithecus on a MC forum. lol
I don't know that

It's like a Star Trek convention, some folks take bikes an a biker lifestyle way to seriously. I woulda simply gave ya and in my helmet, then on my way ... Be glad ya didn't get

Old August 21st, 2013, 08:53 AM   #88
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
It didn't take me as long as you to make the judgment about you. You don't get it and you never will. I tried to state my motive with the utmost level of simplicity and you still don't understa. I'm only on this forum to learn how to work on this bike. So no your analogy is terrible because you have confused my motives. Is it a crime to post a motorcycle confrontation on a motorcycle forum. I like to be the villain at times but I don't how you are able to do that based on my actions.
I'm sure you can see where I got confused, as this thread has absolutely nothing to do with that.

And when you say something like this....

Quote:
I have met some good biker people. They aren't my friends but they are good people. They've offered me to go to the track with them and hang out though I know I won't. I've met good people. I just don't feel one of them nor will I try to be. I'm just a random guy who happens to own a motorcycle and it happens to be a Ninja 250R. I love it but I don't have a passion for it nor for bikes. I guess I was burnt out of love after my days riding dirt bikes. Someone could steal it and throw it off of a cliff and I wouldn't shed a tear. Though it would be admittedly a slight inconvenience.
On a motorcycle forum, I'm afraid you might be the one that doesn't "get it"
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM   #89
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM   #90
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 11:10 AM   #91
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Please, please, people, .............go for a ride, ........and wave to everyone !!!

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM   #92
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Please, please, people, .............go for a ride, ........and wave to everyone !!!
No way, I want to hear more from the "ME!" generation.
Thorgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM   #93
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
No way, I want to hear more from unintentionally rude people.
fixed it for you

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:37 PM   #94
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
I'm sure you can see where I got confused, as this thread has absolutely nothing to do with that.
when you say something like this....
On a motorcycle forum, I'm afraid you might be the one that doesn't "get it"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No way, I want to hear more from the "ME!" generation.

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #95
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16

Old August 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #96
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post

OK, OK! Back to topic, waving shouldn't be a big deal, I agree with the title. Wave if you like, don't if you don't, but don't get your knickers in a twist either way. Remember what part of the country you're in, though, and try to go with the flow if you like your riding experience to be smooth.

I taught my son that good manners cost nothing, not even extra effort once you make a habit of them, and they'll open doors in life that no other key can unlock. He's since moved to NYC, NJ, and NY state, been there for around ten years, and he swears that I was right (at least about that idea). Maybe the folks there just think he is quaint or backward and humor him, but he's had some fantastic good fortune that he attributes to that attitude about other people. Doesn't mean he's a pushover - never mistake kindness for weakness.

There, we're back on topic. Kinda, sorta.

Now, to tackle something less pleasant to discuss ... RugbyWingman, are you saying that you came to this site just to pick its bones for anything you find helpful, with no intentions of trying to give anything back? And you didn't expect any backlash? If so, you certainly live in a different world than I do.

Old August 21st, 2013, 02:29 PM   #97
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Now, to tackle something less pleasant to discuss ... RugbyWingman, are you saying that you came to this site just to pick its bones for anything you find helpful, with no intentions of trying to give anything back? And you didn't expect any backlash? If so, you certainly live in a different world than I do.
I believe what he's trying to say is that he rides a Ninja 250; but doesn't give a damn about other motorcycles, other motorcyclists, the lifestyle of owning a motorcycle, the shared interest he has with other riders, anything related to motorcycles, or anyone that isn't already involved with his daily routine. It's my personal opinion that the OP might consider getting tested for Aspergers

Old August 21st, 2013, 02:35 PM   #98
parox91
ninjette.org member

Name: Not Applicable

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250

Make sure that attitude only applies to waving; staying safe on the road goes hand in hand with being nice and courteous.
parox91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM   #99
Used Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

You were probably the first sport bike he decided to wave to and you rejected him. I've never seen a cruiser wave to this day, but if I do I will certainly wave back so I can have more of them doing it! You don't have to wave back, but I've always enjoyed the waving aspect of riding.

Waving is a nice gesture, and you don't have to respond. Safety first, kiddos! My first day riding my crappy used ninja and I already had a waver and I was like no way can I acknowledge this guy... I haven't used a real bike in a year!
Used Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 04:48 PM   #100
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Smile

Quote:
A continuous steady stream of notes still flows 36 hours after being initiated by that cruiser's timid hand wave.

This thread is the perfect perpetuum mobile !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetuum_mobile

I bet Roderick (Rugby Winger) will seriously consider what to do about the next wave to be sent his way.

Quote:
...........Just venting this annoying confrontation that happened a couple of hours ago.

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:27 PM   #101
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
That is like me eating pizza and someone waves at me because they are eating pizza as well. Uh...ok unless it is a hot girl then I can make exceptions.
Posted via Mobile Device
It takes all kinds of folks to make the world go round. Be who you are. That said, being in such a infinitesimally small minority of extreme antisocials, good luck getting the hot girl wave.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM   #102
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Uh yeah, just lurk when the bike needs something done on how to do it. How do I give back? By waving? I don't frequent enough on the forum to answer other people's questions anyway.
Quote:
I believe what he's trying to say is that he rides a Ninja 250; but doesn't give a damn about other motorcycles, other motorcyclists, the lifestyle of owning a motorcycle, the shared interest he has with other riders, anything related to motorcycles, or anyone that isn't already involved with his daily routine. It's my personal opinion that the OP might consider getting tested for Aspergers
You finally got something right sort of. No I don't have Aspergers. Already got tested for it amongst other things quite recently when psychological testing was recommended for my career. Try again if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
It takes all kinds of folks to make the world go round. Be who you are. That said, being in such a infinitesimally small minority of extreme antisocials, good luck getting the hot girl wave.
Well considering one of the first people I met after I signed the paperwork and was handed the keys was a hot girl on a bike. She waved as I got on my bike and she turned around after I motioned her over. We talk but we're just cool.

Quote:
I bet Roderick (Rugby Winger) will seriously consider what to do about the next wave to be sent his way.
I would be more than happy to never see another wave again. If I do then I'll just do as I've always done and not respond. I'm focused on my ride and my commute. I enjoy (well not technically) my ride my way and I shall continue to do so. Other riders will enjoy their rides their way. If that includes waving to me if I pass by them then whatever. They aren't entitled to a response especially when I never asked for it. I'm not trying to sound like a prick at all but whatever.

General: I consider myself to be a decent person. I'm not disrespectful but I'm very indifferent about a lot of things. Just because I take no interest in you shouldn't be considered a slight. That moment when I'm passing a motorcycle shouldn't carry such a cross.

Last futzed with by Rugby Winger; August 21st, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:31 PM   #103
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Is he the first one on the site to compare waving to crucifixion?

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM   #104
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I had no idea that I did. There is a first time for everything.

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:41 PM   #105
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
I had no idea that I did. There is a first time for everything.
Haha... True that. Ride safe an have fun out there

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM   #106
kirk595x
ninjette.org guru

Name: Robbie

Motorcycle(s): 03' Ninja 250ex

Quote:
Can we put the proverbial Nail in this thread?

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:44 PM   #107
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM   #108
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM   #109
kirk595x
ninjette.org guru

Name: Robbie

Motorcycle(s): 03' Ninja 250ex

Quote:

Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM   #110
Leaky
ninjette.org member

Name: Leaky

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

ITT: People over analyzing a simple situation.

Other biker overreacted like people do sometimes. Restaurants, bars, sports venues, on the streets, some people are assholes.

OP was rude. Simple as that. Example: You walk into your work elevator with someone else, they say "Hi." They're just trying to be friendly, you dont even have to work together or even for the same company. You're both on the same elevator, both going up to work, no one really wants to be there. Do you just look at them and glare, or just simply say "Hi." back and it ends there. It's a simple courtesy that some over analyze.
Leaky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM   #111
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaky View Post

Other biker overreacted like people do sometimes. Restaurants, bars, sports venues, on the streets, some people are assholes.

OP was rude. Simple as that. Example: You walk into your work elevator with someone else, they say "Hi." They're just trying to be friendly, you dont even have to work together or even for the same company. You're both on the same elevator, both going up to work, no one really wants to be there. Do you just look at them and glare, or just simply say "Hi." back and it ends there. It's a simple courtesy that some over analyze.
Yea, except what the op did was essentially flip the other biker off.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:49 PM   #112
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaky View Post

I agree, OP clearly has Aspergers

Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #113
parox91
ninjette.org member

Name: Not Applicable

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a troll...
parox91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:51 PM   #114
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You won't let that go will you? If I did then that truly would be a nice excuse. I'm not a troll. I was sharing an event on someone getting butthurt over something I have no obligation. You are trying too hard and are over thinking it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:02 PM   #115
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Folks - gently hinting hasn't worked. No more T.O.S. warnings in this thread. As a reminder:

1.4. Members have the right to interact in a respectful environment.

&

2.1. Members will conduct themselves in a respectful manner. This is not to say that arguments and disagreements between Members are not permitted, simply that a level of respect is to be maintained in doing so. Members' posts should not contain malicious personal attacks, flaming, baiting, trolling, e-sniping, e-stalking, indirect attacks, and other such activities that are not conducive to a positive and productive environment. Personal threats will not be tolerated, and may result in a suspension, if not a perma-ban. Such posts will be acted on by interpretation of admins and/or moderators.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM   #116
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Twists and turns of the thread aside, I'm glad it's here because I didn't know about the whole "left hand on knee or thigh" being a sign of disrespect. I do that naturally at times and it would be wise of me to break the habit.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:48 PM   #117
ninja_thresh_hold
ninjette.org *********

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (忍者 250r; sold!) 2001 zx6r

does it make me a dick because i dont wave at people on vespas, or scooters? imo theyre not real motorcyclists, and even though they have the same risks, i still refuse to wave

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:55 PM   #118
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_thresh_hold View Post
does it make me a dick because i dont wave at people on vespas, or scooters? imo theyre not real motorcyclists, and even though they have the same risks, i still refuse to wave
The rule:

Quote:
2) If you do manage to see an oncoming bike with enough time to get an appropriate wave up, you better make sure it isn't a scooter. Unwritten bike rules make it a crime punishable by exile or death to wave at a scooter. And damn if it isn't hard to tell when you two are approaching each other at a combined 100 mph. If you do catch yourself mid-wave to a Vespa, however, it is acceptable to slowly turn it into an upraised middle finger. It's like the handshake-psyche of the two-wheeled world, and the look of dejection on their face will redeem any momentary awkwardness.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #119
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Let's not forget Spyders and other three-wheelers, I never wave to them.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:36 PM   #120
IF13
WOT WOT WOT

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Let's not forget Spyders and other three-wheelers, I never wave to them.
I wave to everyone.

Cruisers, choppers, Can-Ams, sport bikes, and drivers of very nice cars.

I'm pretty friendly towards everyone except ricers. Those with FWD cars and huge spoilers or imports in general that have more stickers than aftermarket upgrades UNDER the hood.

EDIT: Yes, even scooters. My belief is that they're still on two wheels, still capable of doing highway speeds, and are still enjoying the freedom that comes with being out of a cage.
IF13 is offline   Reply With Quote