ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old April 24th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #1
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Ninja 300 rider commits suicide. Self inflicted gunshot wound.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old April 24th, 2015, 10:41 PM   #2
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Old April 25th, 2015, 12:22 AM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
R.I.P.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2015, 02:22 AM   #4
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

wat!

R.I.P.

Old April 25th, 2015, 05:15 AM   #5
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Rip

Old April 25th, 2015, 07:50 AM   #6
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
A lot of child-stars and children of stars seem to have a hard time of it. Money and fame... not all it's cracked up to be :/

So young. Very sad. RIP

Old April 25th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
So young. Very sad. RIP
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2015, 11:19 PM   #8
corksil

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Did anyone else find that video to be a little strange?

Something about the cartoon people and the improvised attempt at body language representation seemed a little off to me.

Old April 25th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #9
corksil

The word "portrayed" comes to mind.

Old April 26th, 2015, 01:29 AM   #10
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post

Something about the cartoon people and the improvised attempt at body language representation seemed a little off to me.
Yeah. It's a weird video.

Old April 27th, 2015, 06:13 PM   #11
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:

yeah very much so...... this was very odd

either way, that's sad I wonder how he felt

Old April 28th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #12
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
yeah very much so...... this was very odd

He probably felt sad. That's probably why he nibbled on the dangerous end of a firearm. Then I'm guessing he probably didn't feel a whole lot of anything. Just the blackness from which he came.

Respect for the dead, I have it.

Something something "permanent solution to a temporary problem" something something.

Poor guy, all he probably wanted was a hug.

Old April 29th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #13
Daakuryu
ninjette.org member

Name: Jean

Motorcycle(s): Red 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
He probably felt sad.
No, people generally don't commit suicide just because they feel sad

Quote:
Something something "permanent solution to a temporary problem" something something.
I really really hate that phrase, it shows how little people actually understand what's in the mind of someone who has suicidal thoughts and makes the final decision.
Daakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2015, 10:21 PM   #14
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
on the other end of the spectrum, some guy emailed my work today and thanked us for making what we make. he was super depressed and on meds that weren't helping and said he was very close to suicide. the meds he was taking meant he wasn't supposed to work out, so instead he quit the meds and took up cycling super hard, apparently mostly through our game and sent us an email after 4 months of seriously hard work saying our game saved him from suicide. honestly the most rewarding thing i've ever heard come out of something i've worked on. i wish i could help more people with such a simple thing like a video game or some piece of software.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old April 29th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #15
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daakuryu View Post
No, people generally don't commit suicide just because they feel sad
I'd say "sad" is the straw that causes the camel to break it's own back. I'd say most of the undercurrents leading up to the 'event' -- are along the lines of "hopeless".. "in too deep".. "things will never get better".. and that sort of thing.

"Sad" is the tiny little emotion that pushes those other thoughts into actions.

There have been many psychological studies done on suicide, most of them conclude similar findings -- That things well up inside a person, like water behind a dam.

Suddenly a tipping point is reached, and either the dam breaks and all the water/stress/dis-ease flows out in the form of some emotional breakdown -- or the person has a strong enough moral constitution to say "this is not anyone's problem but my own, I will not force anyone else to deal with the repercussions of my inability to cope; and I'm not capable of dealing with it -- therefore, I am not capable of continuing my existence."

Something something "this won't beat me".. something something "I am stronger then this"... something something "this too, shall pass."

And then that nagging thought in the back of the brain that pops up one day when an individual is feeling "sad" and emotionally weak.

The nagging thought, coupled with that feeling of "sad" that says with sudden renewed vigor "Who am I kidding?"

And suddenly the only strength that remains clashes with the ego and the two feed off of each other and a conclusion is reached. I won't pretend to know what that conclusion is, because I have not killed myself -- nor spoken with anyone who has after they made their final decision.

Quote:
I really really hate that phrase, it shows how little people actually understand what's in the mind of someone who has suicidal thoughts and makes the final decision.
Suicidal thoughts? Heh heh, on a daily basis, buddy. I don't think many would survive a single day of my existence, if circumstantially required to "walk in my shoes."

If you are feeling sad and need some help, I'll be over in the shadows chanting "do it, do it, do it, do it, do it..."

All jokes aside, I really am a nice guy. Anyone is free to PM me if they are feeling like terminating their... uh.... existence. I mean that wholeheartedly -- with whatever remaining pieces of heart that there are indeed left in my chest.

Can't we all just have a group hug? And let's all try and be nice to one another, you never know who is feeling like they are on that metaphorical "edge."

Old April 29th, 2015, 10:50 PM   #16
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
on the other end of the spectrum, some guy emailed my work today and thanked us for making what we make. he was super depressed and on meds that weren't helping and said he was very close to suicide. the meds he was taking meant he wasn't supposed to work out, so instead he quit the meds and took up cycling super hard, apparently mostly through our game and sent us an email after 4 months of seriously hard work saying our game saved him from suicide. honestly the most rewarding thing i've ever heard come out of something i've worked on. i wish i could help more people with such a simple thing like a video game or some piece of software.
I for one believe in you, buddy. Thank you for making the world a better place and never forget that the asshat named corksil on the interwebs wants you to know that you are an integral part of this whole machine. Your time and energy, and the things that you focus it on -- they directly contribute to the benefit of humanity.

Keep up the good work, you're on the good foot. Truly a fine specimen of human action and behavior.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 10:23 PM   #17
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I hate suicide

You probly shouldn't read this...

Some folks just have suicide in their minds, sometimes more some times less... Even at their happiest points it will come into their minds from nowhere and make no sense... It seems easier to go with it than to fight it; so far I've been pretty successful at fighting it, but I'm sure many times it could have very easily gone the other way, but I'm here for some reason besides pushing the rest button. But don't cry for me Argentina, their are many reasons to smile in this life even at our lowest points.
Even when you don't want the thoughts or feelings they can creep up at anytime and for seemingly any reason or no reason at all, even when you fight it that doesn't mean it will go away or your mind will change.

Old May 3rd, 2015, 11:06 PM   #18
corksil

Hey who downvoted my post? I was being genuine.

The alex.s dude is on the right track. He built a car, that takes true grit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia is never wrong
Grit in psychology is a positive, non-cognitive trait based on an individual's passion for a particular long-term goal or endstate, coupled with a powerful motivation to achieve their respective objective. This perseverance of effort promotes the overcoming of obstacles or challenges that lie within a gritty individual’s path to accomplishment, and serves as a driving force in achievement realization. Commonly associated concepts within the field of psychology include "perseverance", "hardiness", "resilience", "ambition", "need for achievement" and "conscientiousness". These constructs can be conceptualized as individual differences related to the accomplishment of work rather than latent ability. This distinction was brought into focus in 1907 when William James challenged the field to further investigate how certain individuals are capable of accessing richer trait reservoirs enabling them to accomplish more than the average person,[1] but the construct dates back at least to Galton,[2] and the ideals of persistence and tenacity have been understood as a virtue at least since Aristotle. Although the last decade has seen a noticeable increase in research focused on achievement-oriented traits, there continues to be difficulty in aligning specific traits and outcomes.

Old May 11th, 2015, 10:23 PM   #19
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Sad to hear, RIP
Child stars are exposed to ridiculous amounts of pressure without having a solid foundation to bounce back on when they really need it.

Quote:

Yeah that video is messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
I'd bet empty and alone, a lack of emotion rather than any intense sadness. It's rarely the quick bursts of intense sadness that get people, rather the slow deterioration of everything they hold critical within their lives. It's terrifying to experience that, not while you do but after you manage to re-stabilize and you look back since it's so gradual you don't really realize what's going on. The pic of him on the harley shows dead eyes and a false smile. As an actor he was skilled at masking his actual feelings but it's very difficult to hide the eyes.

Of course I could be wrong as I don't know enough of the situation, but I'd put money on this bet since no one saw it coming and there wasn't a tragic event. Depression like that is terrifying, your mind can truly be your best friend or your worst enemy. Having a mind that convinces you to be self destructive, like that, is a terrible thing

Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:40 PM   #20
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:

They are Chinese/Taiwanese who make quick CG reenactments of events to sell to other programs. They try to stay on top of Western events. To practice and get faster they regularly update YouTube channels with their own news stories. They got popular when the Jet Blue employee quit in a spectacular fashion and all the major networks showed their video with exaggerated gestures and him deploying the emergency slide.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote