ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #1
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

New pics, Clip-ons and Tyga full System w; MGP Growler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axRQ8...layer_embedded

Last futzed with by WolfgangCG; November 10th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
WolfgangCG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
fo shizzle!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Stupid question inc....

Does the pipe where it meets the can have the same diameter as OEM? I want to put aftermarket headers on my bike but am trying to find a less expensive alternative than the LeoVince headers.

Last futzed with by Panda; November 7th, 2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: terrible english
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #4
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPanda View Post
Stupid question inc....

Does the pipe wear it meets the can have the same diameter as OEM? I want to put aftermarket headers on my bike but am trying to find a less expensive alternative than the LeoVince headers.
I got Tyga performance header no can, and it was about $260 shipped.
The outlet of the header will not meet up with the stock muffler, it is a bit bigger in diameter. I also have the MGP Growler from Hotbodies which I had to custom fit and weld to the header. I don't have the GP Corsa system from Leo Vince. I almost got the Leo system but I like the deeper tone from the Growler, nice thing about the Leo though, it comes with a silencer specifically for that can. Good luck on your mission to find the right exhaust for you.

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #5
Panda
not an actual panda

Thanks for the info! I may have to suck it up and just buy the LV header.

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Buy whatever header you want. Take the pieces to Midas, they can make an adapter.

Old November 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Panda
not an actual panda

Is it pricey?

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #8
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Buy whatever header you want. Take the pieces to Midas, they can make an adapter.
You can also go to NAPA and order the reducer that fits for about $20 or $30 bucks. Just make sure to measure the inlet to the growler and the outlet to the header before you place an order

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPanda View Post
Is it pricey?
Nope, bout $20-$30 bucks.

And I totally forgot about napa having that kind of stuff.

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Panda
not an actual panda

Awesome, thanks guys. Definitely my next farkle.

Old November 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #11
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Many

Just curious but why don't you buy the full system with muffler of TYGA Performance? Is it cost or design? I'd like to know so we can offer something to you guys which is plug and play. We have an exciting new range of mufflers on their way soon which may be of interest.
tygapaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #12
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygapaul View Post
Just curious but why don't you buy the full system with muffler of TYGA Performance? Is it cost or design? I'd like to know so we can offer something to you guys which is plug and play. We have an exciting new range of mufflers on their way soon which may be of interest.
It is more about design and sound for me.. I am also a bit curious about something if you do not mind me asking. I ordered the Tyga race system with out the silencer and I was charged $195 before shipping and when I received it there was an invoice in the box stating that the part was only supposed to be $100. Who should I talk to about that, there is almost $100 unaccounted for. I would have ordered the full system from Tyga btw but I had already installed the MGP growler so I would have lost even more money if so.

Old November 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #13
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the info Wolfgang. The invoice is for customs purposes so that in countries with import duty they don't get stung too much. Don't worry, you were definitely charged the correct price. Even in Thailand, you can't make a stainless full system for a two cylinder bike for a hundred dollars! Understood if you already bought the Growler that you didn't need another muffler.

Old November 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #14
ChiefKeif
ninjette.org member

Name: Keifer

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

can you tell a difference in sound with the tyga headers? i put on my mgp growler today and love it!! haha whats the difference in sound/ if any? thanks!
ChiefKeif is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #15
Panda
not an actual panda

@tygapaul - Same reason for me too. I already purchased a LV EVO slip on and now I need a set of headers.

Old November 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #16
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefKeif View Post
can you tell a difference in sound with the tyga headers? i put on my mgp growler today and love it!! haha whats the difference in sound/ if any? thanks!
You can definitely hear a difference in sound, it has a much more aggressive and deeper tone. You can also feel the difference in performance. I definitely recommend it.

Old November 9th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #17
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Our dyno and independent dyno tests show a useful power increase over the stock headers. You can see an independent dynograph here:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...highlight=tyga

http://tyga-performance.com/site/pro...oducts_id=1788

Old November 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #18
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

On a different note, are those Woodcraft clip-ons? What is the model number or type you used? They look really good on there and were they difficult to install? Price?
Little Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #19
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green Machine View Post
On a different note, are those Woodcraft clip-ons? What is the model number or type you used? They look really good on there and were they difficult to install? Price?
Yes sir, they are Woodcraft clip-ons. If you go to their website and go to clip-ons section just look up the ones that specifically fit the Ninja 250r. They were $179.99 and they were fairly easy to install. I didn't even think of taking pics during the install, that's my bad. You do have to drill a hole in each handle bar. Use a measuring tape and the stock handles to match up the holes. Make sure to line up everything correctly so that when you turn the bars at full lock that nothing rubs. There is very little room so be sure to check everything before you tighten everything up and use lock-tite. They do look and feel great, haven't been able to go for a decent ride since the install due to a surgery that I had on Tuesday but I can't wait to get back on.

Old November 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #20
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Thank you very much sir!
Little Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #21
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

No prob, good luck, enjoy and ride safe

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #22
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Name: Sim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfgangCG View Post
I got Tyga performance header no can, and it was about $260 shipped.
The outlet of the header will not meet up with the stock muffler, it is a bit bigger in diameter. I also have the MGP Growler from Hotbodies which I had to custom fit and weld to the header. I don't have the GP Corsa system from Leo Vince. I almost got the Leo system but I like the deeper tone from the Growler, nice thing about the Leo though, it comes with a silencer specifically for that can. Good luck on your mission to find the right exhaust for you.
Could you possibly post the link of the exact headers you purchased? I have a slip on MGP Growler that I would like to throw on some bigger pipes. Was it hard to get the adapter and everything made? Any welding required? What kind of performance enhancement did you get out of it? Better in the low ends? Sorry for bombarding you with a million questions...just want to know how I can make this work without having to give up my growler (which I love) and going for something typical like Yoshi or two bros...
SSANGHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #23
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Name: Sim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygapaul View Post
Any Black Friday/Christmas deals coming out on TYGA at all?
SSANGHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #24
WolfgangCG
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSANGHA View Post
Could you possibly post the link of the exact headers you purchased? I have a slip on MGP Growler that I would like to throw on some bigger pipes. Was it hard to get the adapter and everything made? Any welding required? What kind of performance enhancement did you get out of it? Better in the low ends? Sorry for bombarding you with a million questions...just want to know how I can make this work without having to give up my growler (which I love) and going for something typical like Yoshi or two bros...
http://tyga-performance.com/site/pro...oducts_id=1781

There you will find the header that I purchased, I did not want to give up my Growler either. The job that i did is not necassary, but I did not want to wait and order a reducer so I took my header and the Growler after I test fit them to make sure how the Growler would sit on the header to a custom exhaust shop and had them blow up the end of the header a bit, add a small sleeve of 2" pipe over the end of the header and weld it, then I got them to weld the Growler to the new end (homemade reducer) and sounds great with no leaks. I gave the guy $50 for his time and labor. There is deffinitely an increase in power in the low and mid range, but I would advise you to get a jet kit, a K&N air filter and remove the snorkel. That is how i set mine up and it wants to go, throws me back slightly, that is why i got the race clip-on handlebars to lean in a bit more. You will feel a difference and if you like the Growler now you will love the sound you get with the Tyga header. Enjoy and let me know if you end up going with that option and what you think.