Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 25th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
someone knocked my bike over :(

Someone knocked my bike over with their car today trying to squeeze between it and an illegally parked taxi... She lives up the street and apparently several people have complained about the way she drives (too fast on neighborhood street). I picked up my bike and it started after several tries, good little trooper. It leaked some oil, but it was covered because it's raining, so luckily there was no damage to the fairings/bar ends/exhaust etc. She refused to give me her insurance info but she gave me her personal info and offered to pay for whatever damage was done out of pocket. She said it's her parents car and I'm willing to bet she isn't even insured to be driving it.

The ignition lock broke, because it was locked when I parked it and the force of it falling broke that little bar that locks the handlebars. So now I can't lock it. And the front wheel is out of alignment with the forks, which has happened twice before from being dropped, so I know how to fix that super easy. The new ignition and key is $100 from motosport.com so I just sent her an email and asked for $100 in cash and thanked her for stopping and not just driving away. Also, I know where she lives so she can't really hide lol. And someone saw her do it (he was in the illegally parked car she tried to squeeze around).

This poor bike has been down too many damn times, I've had it for 9 months and it's been on the ground 4 times! And at least twice before that. What a champ.

Anyway it's ironic because today I parked in DC (horrible to find parking...) in the tiny space before the 'no parking ---->' sign behind an SUV and I was worried they would back into my bike because they couldn't see it in the mirror. But their car was still there when I went back to my bike. And now it gets knocked over on an empty residential street.

Oh well, it could have been much worse, this is my experience from today... Anyone else with similar stories?
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
replacement tumbler for ignition, tank, and tail- $150
replacement bars- $150
replacement fairings because they got scratched after she hit it- $500

tell her she can pay you within 2 days otherwise you will report her to the police for hit and run (which is what it is called when you hit someones car and don't provide your insurance info)

people who can't drive should not be under the control of a vehicle. i have 0 tolerance for ****** drivers.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 25th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #3
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Na, I'm not gonna f*** someone over because they made a mistake and then did the right thing afterwards. If she had run, yes, I'd be pissed and I'd make her pay, but she actually came to the door and offered to pay for it out of pocket which is as much as you can expect when that happens.

She will pay up because I know exactly where she lives and exactly what car she drives and if she doesn't by tomorrow I will send her another email and tell her that she has one more day or I will report her.

I have 10x more adrenaline when I hear the words 'your bike is on the ground' than I ever do when I'm actually riding... MY BABY!!!!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Desmoluci
Threadkiller

Name: Mick

Motorcycle(s): Yellow '04 stocker, '89 FJ1200, '87 Ducati Paso, '71 Yamaha XS1b, '99 KLR650, '81 FXE 80, '97 KTM 200EXC , etc

I watched my brand new FJ 1200 get knocked over then pushed about 5 feet backwards by a lady in a van one day. Her insurance paid for all new bodywork, muffler, brake pedal, clutch cover and right hand controls.

I could hear it grinding between the van and the pavement.
Desmoluci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #5
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
In the future when this happens Call the Police. Don't let someone get off easy or even worse, try to screw you over. If she doesn't have insurance she shouldn't be driving, period.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky85 View Post
In the future when this happens Call the Police. Don't let someone get off easy or even worse, try to screw you over. If she doesn't have insurance she shouldn't be driving, period.
this. Once she said she wasnt gonna provide you with insurance info you shouldve called the cops with her right there lol.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #7
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Damn, I guess I need to be less easygoing... If there had been any real damage done, like cracked fairing or something bent, I would have been a lot more aggressive about it.. I hope she pays up quick. Or else, in MD, (I checked) if you leave a vehicle that you hit while it was unattended, and don't leave your insurance info (let alone refuse to provide it) that's a hit and run.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #8
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #9
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

People don't understand how much bikes cost when they go down and usually think "oh 100 bucks to fix a scratch" and then they get the $700 bill and don't want to pay.

I got light scratches on my bike from a very minor accident and insurance paid me $600. Get it appraised and send her the bill. If she refuses to pay, get the cops involved.

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #10
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '11 CBR250R, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
replacement tumbler for ignition, tank, and tail- $150
replacement bars- $150
replacement fairings because they got scratched after she hit it- $500

tell her she can pay you within 2 days otherwise you will report her to the police for hit and run (which is what it is called when you hit someones car and don't provide your insurance info)

people who can't drive should not be under the control of a vehicle. i have 0 tolerance for ****** drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Na, I'm not gonna f*** someone over because they made a mistake and then did the right thing afterwards. If she had run, yes, I'd be pissed and I'd make her pay, but she actually came to the door and offered to pay for it out of pocket which is as much as you can expect when that happens.

She will pay up because I know exactly where she lives and exactly what car she drives and if she doesn't by tomorrow I will send her another email and tell her that she has one more day or I will report her.

I have 10x more adrenaline when I hear the words 'your bike is on the ground' than I ever do when I'm actually riding... MY BABY!!!!

How is making her pay for what she damaged not her recompense for your loss? If you don't, you will have 2 different keys for your bike that you will have to remember which one goes where. It is not your fault she is a terrible driver, and the fact she refused to give you her insurance info and seems to be co-operating does not mean that she is co-operating.

You can do whatever you want, but you are a victim, and right now it is a crime that she is guilty of. I highly recommend you bill her for everything she damaged and caused damage to, and you will need to have your lock checked, as unless you took your ignition off, you don't know if it is the lock which popped off, or if the actual lock tab is broken. The tab is a part of the frame, and if that is what is broken, then you have frame damage, and I do believe, unless I am mistaken, that could be grounds for the bike to be deemed "totaled" by the insurance company. I would demand no less, and I would be charging for labor as well.
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #11
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Dislike! Good luck getting him fixed up!
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
You can do whatever you want, but you are a victim, and right now it is a crime that she is guilty of. I highly recommend you bill her for everything she damaged and caused damage to, and you will need to have your lock checked, as unless you took your ignition off, you don't know if it is the lock which popped off, or if the actual lock tab is broken. The tab is a part of the frame, and if that is what is broken, then you have frame damage, and I do believe, unless I am mistaken, that could be grounds for the bike to be deemed "totaled" by the insurance company. I would demand no less, and I would be charging for labor as well.
Ohhhhhh, ****. I will definitely be taking this into account. Good thing I know exactly where she lives, and I know the person who owns the house she rents a room in. So there is very little chance she will escape from me if I go after her.

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #13
jcgss77

Quote:
Ohhhhhh, ****. I will definitely be taking this into account. Good thing I know exactly where she lives, and I know the person who owns the house she rents a room in. So there is very little chance she will escape from me if I go after her.
I was not trying to scare you, the tab is not a crucial item to riding, as you wouldn't be risking anything on the ride. The risk is theft, as the steering won't lock.

Since you said that the bike has been down frequently, I would check to see where the issue is. You just need to take off the seat, and gas tank, the handlebars bolts, and the big bolt on the top of the triple tree, then work the top plate off. You shouldn't need to unhook the wiring harness to see the bottom of the ignition-that is where the steering lock is. Test it with your key, and see if it is working properly. It will slide out when you put the key into the lock position. Then, check where lock would go-there is a tab welded onto the round part of the frame. Make sure it is a straight piece of thick metal.

Old April 25th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
+1 to Shaun for using the word "recompense" on a motorcycle forum. lol
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2014, 09:05 PM   #15
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Damn, all that? When I took apart the 1988 I bought I got to the ignition without doing that, I think. And I actually sold the ignition and key on ebay not so long ago. Oops...

Anyway, the worry about frame damage is just because if I sell the bike in the future I would want it to pass inspection for whoever would buy it, but that's not an area they check for frame damage anyway.

I do worry about it getting stolen, but that's why I always park next to the nicer bikes. No one would steal my bike if they saw how crappy it looks in comparison to most others. Better theirs than mine!!

Old April 25th, 2014, 11:54 PM   #16
ChrisMKV
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250, 2015 F800R

Sorry to hear of your misfortune I know I'd be rather upset if someone damaged my precious and then not even fully own up to it....

Perhaps you could get the bike checked out by a mechanic and ask him to give you a quote for the repair. And then ask this amount as compensation, even if you'll be doing the work yourself.

Parts and labor have a cost even if they're yours. And there is also the emotional damage from seeing the bike knocked over, the stress and annoyance having to deal with this, not having a operational bike for some time, the lowered resale value...

Best of luck.
ChrisMKV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #17
Sykes92
Jedi on Two Wheels

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (Slightly Modded)

Damn, first Sirref crashes, then your biked gets K.O.ed. Maryland bikes are dropping like flies

Old April 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #18
jcgss77

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
+1 to Shaun for using the word "recompense" on a motorcycle forum. lol
I heard it recently, and honestly I have been jonesing using it...takes me back to my college days

Quote:
Damn, all that? When I took apart the 1988 I bought I got to the ignition without doing that, I think. And I actually sold the ignition and key on ebay not so long ago. Oops...

Anyway, the worry about frame damage is just because if I sell the bike in the future I would want it to pass inspection for whoever would buy it, but that's not an area they check for frame damage anyway.

I do worry about it getting stolen, but that's why I always park next to the nicer bikes. No one would steal my bike if they saw how crappy it looks in comparison to most others. Better theirs than mine!!
Sorry, I made a mistake-you only need to take the seat and tank off if you are disconnecting the wiring harnesses. Everything else is as I said it. Seems your memory is much better than mine!

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #19
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Well I was going to re-align the wheel just now and I saw some stuff I didn't see when it was pissing rain yesterday.

The bike cover is ripped, the right handlebar is bent all the way back almost into the gas tank, hopefully nothing is wrong with the master cylinder or the brake line, and the bar end is more scratched than I thought.

I sent her an email and told her she needs to provide her insurance information to me within 24 hours and not doing so is a violation of Maryland law and is considered a hit and run. I said that I will still give her the chance to pay for it out of pocket, but that I will be charging her for all replacement parts and the cost of labor, plus a new bike cover.

NOW I'm angry.

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #20
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear this. I have had similar things happen to my darling. Both my right and left fairings have taken noticeable damage as a result, and I've had to replace the shift lever as a result of this kind of stuff. The instance that pissed me off the most, though, was when I was parked away from all obstructions in a corner of the hand Dr.'s parking lot. I was there for a broken wrist and soft-tissue damage. From the waiting room, I heard my alarm going off, so I ran outside to see my poor bike on the ground, on the shifter side. What's worse? Some lady who had been sitting in her SUV the whole time saw it, but then started swearing at me, and wouldn't help me, so I had to pick it up with my broken wrist and all. Good times, good times.

I really hope the lady doesn't cause any issues. I've had hit and run damage on my car, and I'm still trying to get it back to 100%. Best of luck to you, and hoping for an optimal outcome.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #21
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

In California with a property damage only accident the owner of a vehicle involved is only required to provide their name and address to the owner of the damaged property.

If the owner of the damaged property REQUESTS to see the driver's driver license, registration, or proof of insurance, the driver is then required to show it, but in California at least, if there is no request from the owner of the damaged property to see this information there is no legal requirement to provide it and no crime would have been committed by the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Vehicle Code
20002. (a) The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident
resulting only in damage to any property, including vehicles, shall
immediately stop the vehicle at the nearest location that will not
impede traffic or otherwise jeopardize the safety of other motorists.
Moving the vehicle in accordance with this subdivision does not
affect the question of fault. The driver shall also immediately do
either of the following:
(1) Locate and notify the owner or person in charge of that
property of the name and address of the driver and owner of the
vehicle involved and, upon locating the driver of any other vehicle
involved or the owner or person in charge of any damaged property,
upon being requested, present his or her driver's license, and
vehicle registration, to the other driver, property owner, or person
in charge of that property. The information presented shall include
the current residence address of the driver and of the registered
owner. If the registered owner of an involved vehicle is present at
the scene, he or she shall also, upon request, present his or her
driver's license information, if available, or other valid
identification to the other involved parties.
(2) Leave in a conspicuous place on the vehicle or other property
damaged a written notice giving the name and address of the driver
and of the owner of the vehicle involved and a statement of the
circumstances thereof and shall without unnecessary delay notify the
police department of the city wherein the collision occurred or, if
the collision occurred in unincorporated territory, the local
headquarters of the Department of the California Highway Patrol.
(b) Any person who parks a vehicle which, prior to the vehicle
again being driven, becomes a runaway vehicle and is involved in an
accident resulting in damage to any property, attended or unattended,
shall comply with the requirements of this section relating to
notification and reporting and shall, upon conviction thereof, be
liable to the penalties of this section for failure to comply with
the requirements.
(c) Any person failing to comply with all the requirements of this
section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof,
shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding
six months, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000),
or by both that imprisonment and fine.
Also, for those that suggested calling the police, my local police department has refused on several occasions where I have called them (or been present when they were called) to respond to routine non-injury property damage traffic collisions. Some situations where they will respond: A driver involved is refusing (or unable) to provide information required in 20002VC, vehicles are blocking the roadway, road rage is involved and the drivers are threatening to fight each other in a public area, etc. When people crash into each other, are peacefully exchanging info, and nobody is hurt, if one of those people calls the police and requests that an officer come out and write a report, the dispatcher will refuse to send an officer.

Good job finally requesting the insurance info. Hopefully she's insured or you have uninsured motorist coverage. Lots of unlicensed/uninsured drivers driving a car that's not registered to them where I live. At least you have the driver's name and address so it won't be hard to find her if it gets to small claims territory.
jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #22
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
If the owner of the damaged property REQUESTS to see the driver's driver license, registration, or proof of insurance, the driver is then required to show it, but in California at least, if there is no request from the owner of the damaged property to see this information there is no legal requirement to provide it and no crime would have been committed by the driver.
I did actually request that she provide info, twice, at the scene of the incident, and both times she refused, saying 'I'm not providing my insurance info.'

She emailed me back and said she'll send me her info tonight and didn't realize it was illegal to withhold it. And once again offered to pay out of pocket. Grrrrrr, I just want to ride.

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #23
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
@jcgss77 you were right. The frame is damaged where the bolt locks into it. So technically the bike is totaled.

If I had 0 intention of ever selling this bike, I would take my $300 and shut up about it, but I cannot morally sell a bike with a damaged frame. And I'd get a lot less for it if I sold it that way. I know they wouldn't even check that part in inspection, but it's just wrong to sell a bike like that, and I don't want to be kicking myself later because I can only get $500 for a technically totaled bike, when I could take the ~$1300 for it now.

I have a question

Does anyone know roughly what insurance companies usually charge people to buy back their bikes as salvage? There's nothing wrong with the engine, and I know someone who needs one, so that's an option. I mean ANY idea... I have no idea. NADA says my bike is worth average retail $1300.

I'm going to be traveling by car for June and July so I'd be bikeless for those 2 months anyway. I guess I should take the cash and just let it go.

I've put SO MUCH hard work, money, parts, effort, and time into this bike and I really love it, I joke about it having 9 lives and breaking all the time and I'm still fighting to keep it on the road. It's so upsetting to see that a simple getting knocked over at 0mph is going to be the thing that really kills it. Appropriately ironic on this bike, I guess.

Anyway I'm really sad. I feel that it's a total loss, even though I guess I could try and save it again.

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #24
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Which bolt are you talking about, the one that the steering lock is stopped by? If that tab is broken off, it's a clear indication that the bike has been in an accident, but it's not necessarily totaled based on that alone. You mentioned that the bike has been down before, are you 100% sure that this is the impact that broke it off?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #25
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
100% sure. Because the steering lock worked perfectly (it was locked when it was knocked over).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame.jpg (15.3 KB, 9 views)

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #26
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
since she totalled the bike for you, have her buy it from you for what you want to sell it for ($1600 minimum). including the damaged cover. tell her she can find someone else to scam by selling her **** off on someone else. if she doesn't want to go that route, she can go through her insurance like a normal non-criminal person

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #27
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
I'm going to call her insurance company tomorrow. A new frame is $1,103, a handlebar is $47 and the NADA value is $1,300. In Maryland, 75% is a total loss, and $1,150 will total the bike. Not to mention the labor cost of swapping a frame, which I'm definitely not gonna do myself, it wouldn't be worth it.

On the bright side, I will probably end up with a chunk of cash to put towards a new bike this fall or winter, I will spend my summer traveling with my significant other, and I will probably buy the bike back as salvage because I know someone who wants it as a parts/track bike, so if its engine is running on the track, that would make me 10x happier than it being destroyed!!

I have to be positive and say that this bike has taught me A LOT about everything from how to buy a used bike, to regular maintenance, to repairs, and of course the basics of riding. Gotta pick up and dust off and look for my next dream machine...

In other news, I will not be locking steering anymore if my next bike has the same kind of locking mechanism, and will instead invest in a disc lock with an alarm. What a stupid design, Kawasaki should have made the frame stronger than the 1cm piece of metal that bent it.

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #28
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
before you call her insurance company think about it.

she really does not want that. she probably is one point away from losing her license. she might be willing to make you happy and buy the bike for what you want for it. that would be cheaper than losing her license and having to pay a lawyer to go to court to get it back

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #29
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
She told me she only has $500 and she can't pay for anything more than that out of pocket. Who the F knows if that's true. I told her that the bike is worth at least $1300, so if she offers to pay me that, in cash, I will take it. But I seriously doubt she will. It's Sunday, nothing's going to happen today anyway, and I will wait for her reply before I call insurance but I'm pretty sure that's the way it's gonna happen.

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #30
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
negotiating tactics. "I can't pay any more... i don't have any money!" said while sitting next to thousands of dollars of personal property

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:49 AM   #31
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
although i guess if you just take her $500 and then sell the bike as is to your buddy for $800 that's not a bad deal.... for anyone! plus the bike doesn't get totaled

Old April 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #32
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
^Nah, I want her insurance rates to go up.

She called the company, they called me and set up a free car rental, but I'm 20 so I can't take it, because in MD you have to be at least 21 (which I am in 2 weeks..fun.)

Next step is they'll call me to set up an apt to come out and look at my bike between tomorrow and Thursday.

In the meantime, the check engine light on the car I share with my mom came on, so now we have 3 people who need to get to work/class, 3 unusable vehicles and 1 that's working. My mom is gonna go pick up the rental car, meanwhile my Mazda goes to the shop this week.

This weekend just keeps getting worse and worse.

Old April 27th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #33
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
This weekend just keeps getting worse and worse.
That's the spirit!

Old April 28th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #34
jcgss77

I am sorry to hear that the steering lock tab broke off. The bike is still 99.99% useable as is, so you can still ride while you are haggling with insurance. Trust me, that will take a good long while. You should be able to get more than what you think for the bike, and a buyback would not be too bad. But you won't know until they give you the cash value. You may be able to haggle with them, as it is riding season, and bikes always are more valuable now.

Last futzed with by jcgss77; April 28th, 2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: old & fuzzy brained

Old April 28th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #35
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
I will push them for everything I can get out of it and buy it back as salvage.

In the meantime I have an only slightly bent handlebar I could swap out, realign the wheel, and it's good to go for a bit.

TIME FOR AN R6!!!!

...Just kidding.

Old April 29th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #36
scorch
ninjette.org guru

Name: ricardo

Motorcycle(s): 250

next time CALL THE POLICE! You need a report written just to cover your ass.

i had a driver who hit me and knocked me off my motorcycle. I was playing nice and he told me exactly the same thing. That he would pay it out of pocket. It never happened. Never underestimate people and how they take advantage of others.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #37
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch View Post
next time CALL THE POLICE! You need a report written just to cover your ass.

i had a driver who hit me and knocked me off my motorcycle. I was playing nice and he told me exactly the same thing. That he would pay it out of pocket. It never happened. Never underestimate people and how they take advantage of others.
Like the people who will admit fault at the scene and be so sorry but the moment insurance is involved you were the one driving recklessly and they totally saw you doing tricks.

Old April 30th, 2014, 05:02 AM   #38
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

this thread is somewhat upsetting....
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2014, 05:43 AM   #39
Finesse
ran when parked

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
^Tell me about it...