ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old September 15th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #1
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

Looking for an alternative for my Tail faring! Want your race fairing!

Im looking for a race tail fairing. I have been building this bike and stopped working on it for a while because its at where i wanted it with a few things left i want to do. One of them being to fill the gap where the back seat is. I don't really ride with 2 people because its a 250 and not much room for power Anyways, so the best alternative is to just buy a one piece race fairing then to buy a lock and latch with a rear seat. Plus i like the race tail faring look a lot more.

If anyone has a race tail fairing that is just sitting around and has no cracks, scrapes are fine, then please let me know!! Im looking to pay a lot cheaper than this!

Let me know please!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1381622104709.jpg (69.4 KB, 16 views)

Old September 20th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to items wanted

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM   #3
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Bump. Please anyone!

Old September 24th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #4
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Need one! Any one have!

Old September 24th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #5
BlownWideOpen
ninjette.org guru

Name: Artie

Motorcycle(s): Stuff

Are you going to cut the taillight area? I've been wanting to do this, but I'm scared I'm mess it up.

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #6
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownWideOpen View Post
Are you going to cut the taillight area? I've been wanting to do this, but I'm scared I'm mess it up.
Thats the plan! i have the right tools to do so. All im going to do is cut a whole in the shape of the tail light, that's is if the tail is not sticking too far out. Need an experienced racer to know! @csmith12 and @alex.s im sure would know the answer to that. The race tail fairing from pictures look like the end part of the fairing ends right where the tail light is, so that all i have to do is cut the shape of the tail light out. Or is it not? Because if the tail is goes past the tail light i might have to trim it down! Let us know csmith or alex!

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I only have enough experience with hotbodies race bodywork to comment on your question as the tail fairing on hotbodies normally fits very tight and well.

Cut it how you need. Drill pilot or break away holes in problem areas ahead of time. You will also need some weatherstripping to seal up spaces in the cut and to help keep the water out.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #8
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Perfect. I'm sure the fairing I'm about to buy from eBay is the same. I'm sure all of them are tight and compact and hugs the tail as well. So I will just have to trim space for the tail light like planned. Also good call on the water getting trapped in. I will seal it where it has to and also I might drill a couple small holes under the tail of the fairing so if any does get stuck in I'll have a drain going. But i neve ride in rain since I use this bike for fun and not commuting anyway. Thanks for the quick reply!

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I aim to please.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM   #10
BlownWideOpen
ninjette.org guru

Name: Artie

Motorcycle(s): Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I only have enough experience with hotbodies race bodywork to comment on your question as the tail fairing on hotbodies normally fits very tight and well.

Cut it how you need. Drill pilot or break away holes in problem areas ahead of time. You will also need some weatherstripping to seal up spaces in the cut and to help keep the water out.
Yeah, definitely a mod to consider in the future to clean things up. Which one are you buying from ebay? If you could post it or PM me that'd be great.

Old September 25th, 2014, 05:46 AM   #11
chrly
ninjette.org member

Name: Charley

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki EX300 , 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1200.

I have the set.. They have been sprayed with primer and were mounted on my 2009 for a couple of months..No damage..They are originalshape except for mounting holes.. This was a track bike.
chrly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #12
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Ok so first off, the fairing i got was from ebay from a seller named motofairings. He had this tail race fairing on but got sold, so i sent him a pm and he replied saying they still have some in stock. So he went ahead and sent me an invoice and got the part last week. Here is the link to the Fairing.

Now on to the progress. I am doing many things right now on my bike along with the tail fairing. I got new apex brake lines because the other ones tore because it was rubbing on the fork for some reason. I didnt straighten it and mount it correctly. Im an idiot. So he gave me a discounted price for both because they were also chipping( the pvc tube or plastic wrapping around the line). Also doing the front brake pads while im at. Also doing the spark plugs and air filter. Did an oil change and rear tire change last week. So this is why i didnt touch the tail till now.

I had to trim a little of the piece that holds the seat on the edge, as you can see on the pic, then i had to trim the back part of the fairing pretty open (with a small pencil saw in the picture) so it can slide right through because its not meant to hold the tail light or the tail light bracket obviously. Then i painted it and tomorrow i will re-coat it. I'm painting it flat black. Also i want to keep that whole tail emtpy so i went ahead and took my led after market mini signals off and bought this tail light integrated with signals from their motodynamic. Its plug and play so i dont have to mess with anything like i did on my mini led signals. I bought it from the website because its 10$ cheaper than what they post it on ebay (the shipping). That was 85$. Here is the tail light. For my license plate i will buy a 20$ swingarm mount for it, always liked those better. So my tail for my bike will completely be cleaned out of any bulk back there.

I am going to post all the completed pictures of my tail and other things im doing to it on my main build thread. All the things im doing that i mentioned above, are problems i had and ive been waiting a while to fix all of them so i can do it all at once. I have separate threads for why i needed brake lines and front pads (they were sticking in the front), my rear tire was gone completely, plugs i just felt like doing cause they're cheap, air filter needed to be replaced once all the excess oil dried out because i over filled it (cause im an idiot), and oil change was needed past due. Ill also be posting some custom things i will do to the front but im too lazy to get at at the moment.\

I tested the tail fairing with all the other pieces and fit it on before i sand and painted it. They come off and on pretty east with the trimmings i did, if i ever need to get back there again. Also there is already pre-made holes under for if any water gets in! So overall, its a great idea if you have the tools and patience! Everything is finished tomorrow. Except the license plate bracket. That wont come in till next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1412017887742_1.jpg (65.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0517.jpg (60.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0546.jpg (68.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0544.jpg (42.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0543.jpg (74.5 KB, 6 views)

Old October 24th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #13
skilletmo
InfoWhore

So here is the final product and some updated pics as promised... it been done for a week but was too lazy to post them!

I put the swing arm bracket for my license plate up and the tail light was plug and play, super easy and works amazingly!! Just like on the video it was advertised on. Makes a big difference and is really bright.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20141020-WA0008.jpg (58.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-10-08-23-50-17_1.jpg (72.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0583_1.jpg (73.1 KB, 4 views)

Old October 24th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #14
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Here is another view of it, just realized i didn't give y'all a top view! And a comparison of before and after where the back seat was! Much better, doesn't look like a wanna be stunter or ghetto POS. (my gloves are in the space where the rear seat should be lol)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0461_1.jpg (111.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 1414097712477_1.jpg (80.1 KB, 8 views)

Old October 24th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #15
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Also here is one more pic showing how i cut the tail light section out from the race fairing. I traced it and used a pencil saw my friend had to get an accurate cut, then sanded it down and vuala!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-10-07 11.35.41-4.jpg (89.3 KB, 4 views)

Old November 16th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #16
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Interesting. I might try the same but...now I am wondering if I can use a Ducati's tail light? hmmmm :P

Old November 16th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #17
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
looks good, may have to paint the tank.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote