ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 30th, 2014, 08:52 AM   #1
Olie
New Old Guy

Name: Olie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Exhaust clamp for O2 sensor?

I'm thinking about picking up a wideband O2 sensor but I really don't want to weld in the bung into my beautiful new Area-P exhaust. Innovate Motorsports sells an exhaust clamp http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...roductid=16141
I'm wondering if anyone has used this clamp with their current set-up and if so, ho well did it work? Any suggestions on which wideband kit to get would also be appreciated.

My reasoning for not wanting to hard mount it is two fold. One, it's removable so I can use it on other vehicles via tailpipe and two, I don't want to tap into the exhaust on the ninjette - at least not yet anyway.
Olie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #2
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

I paid $45 to have a bung welded to my exhaust. For the price of the clamp, you can do your bike and a car. Bungs have plugs so you can put in place when you're done using the o2 sensor.

Old May 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Olie
New Old Guy

I understand the ease of use with a bung but I still want a little flexibility if the clamp works well. Example, buddy comes to the house with his bike, I can through the system on using the clamp and give fairly accurate readings so he knows where his A/F is at. I can still install the bung, just would like to know if the clamp set-up works.

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

My concerns are would the muffler affect the volume of exhaust passing through as well as the turbulence. Also does the clamp have a straight shot directly into the piping to where it can be secured down? Just make sure you have an aftermarket header since the stock one has a cat converter in it.

Found some reviews (car based)

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=15&t=7899
http://m.evolutionm.net/showthread.p...498&styleid=28

Old May 30th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #5
Olie
New Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
My concerns are would the muffler affect the volume of exhaust passing through as well as the turbulence. Also does the clamp have a straight shot directly into the piping to where it can be secured down? Just make sure you have an aftermarket header since the stock one has a cat converter in it.

Found some reviews (car based)

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=15&t=7899
http://m.evolutionm.net/showthread.p...498&styleid=28
Thanks for the info. Fortunately for me, I have a full Area-P system so no CATs to worry about. I will give it a go and let you all know how it works out.

Old May 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #6
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

you could go to a mufller shop and get you a smallish reducer adapter sleeve made with a bung you can put on between muffler and header.

Old May 30th, 2014, 06:11 PM   #7
Olie
New Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
you could go to a mufller shop and get you a smallish reducer adapter sleeve made with a bung you can put on between muffler and header.
No that's an awesome idea! I will have to look into that one for sure. Thanks!