ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old July 1st, 2014, 07:20 AM   #41
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old July 1st, 2014, 06:06 PM   #42
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Sorry about your bike, it happens to the best of us. At least you actually used the bike for it's intended purpose. Nice bike BTW, it may be expensive to restore, but you can always fix it. That's good you weren't injured. You probably had a great time on the track that day until the spill, and that's what counts. Like they say "Experience is the Best Teacher".
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2014, 09:01 PM   #43
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

That's enough subxero

I'm not quite sure why you seem to have some sort of vandetta against me.

They gay references when I refer to a good friend of mine. That was uncalled for.

And of now this.

I'm sure that you had a huge smirk on your face when you read the original post. It's been quite the runaway train. Yes the guy with one year and change of street riding experience bought an Italian super bike. Omg how irresponsible. Going from 26 rwhp to 120ish there's no way I'd make it past 6 months of riding it before throwing it away. And look he didn't have track body work or anything and threw it away at the track.

So to clear the air... Yea I've tracked the 848 right after I broke it in. This is actually the second time it's been on track. State farm covers track days and I had it in the policy. I knew the risk and I also knew that I can hold back a little bit because it's still a nice street bike. My friends I was with were tracking their brand new bikes too. All of us have experience to dial it down enough to have fun. In the previous session at Laguna I had been going around the same speed as when I low sided. I just started kicking up the speed a bit too early. To my surprise the front came right out from me. When I said I wasn't expecting to crash I meant I wasn't expecting to crash on my own merit. I've been ass packed in a race and in the dirt. I consider that to be an uncontrollable mishap. At thunderhill raceway I was tip toeing through the crowds to prevent someone from standing me up mid corner when I pass them on the outside. It's easy to tell who isn't on line or comfortable on track. Mental notes that the person is a hazard.

Turn 3 at Laguna seca is off camber and can be dirty. There are a lot of things that could factor in a low side there. Most people, even the pros crash there. I actually wasn't the only one. I'm glad I didn't get hurt because the sand trap hurls you into flips and rolls when you hit it.

But yes. Go ahead please insult me some more about my lack of responsibility and skill. I love it when Joe the street rider tells the guy who became an msf instructor with 1 year of experience instead of 3, has podiumed at dirt track races, super moto races, and mini moto races how to ride. I'm sorry I was somewhat naturally talented at motorcycling. Maybe I should stop making silly mistakes at a racetrack and start crashing on public roads. At least it would give you more cannon fodder to spew on the forum.

But if you make it out to a California track I'd be more than happy to instruct you in C group

To everyone else who was at least concerned that I didn't break a collar bone or get seriously injured I appreciate it.

I don't think the bike will get totalled out and it's going to get put back together with some extra goodies and maybe go with red body work. All the fairings have to get replaced too. And I just found out my gear will get covered so it's time to pick out a new suit. Hopefully one that won't have exploding arm syndrome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_335043713175075.jpeg (67.0 KB, 11 views)
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 1st, 2014, 09:09 PM   #44
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Which track days/schools do you instruct for, Cam? FWIW, I'm hoping for the best for you and your bike. I'm not in NorCal, but some of the tracks over there are tempting enough that I may one day hazard a trip.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2014, 10:51 PM   #45
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Wow. I didn't know Subxero was getting to you that bad.

Dude its just a bike and in my opinion if you are afraid to ride it you shouldn't buy it in the first place.

A bike is meant for the moments on the track, its not a damn parade piece.

Ya crashed it and so what. Insurance happens for a reason. Get better and sponsors will buy your bikes for you.

Good luck getting it fixed up . Get back to the track and burn off some of that emotionality.

I just picked up a friend who crashed his 09 ZX6 for the second time this summer. It is not getting off as easy as your bike. Its a complete mess. We went and got his bike, He said oh well. sucks, fix it and keep going.

Rock on.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 02:06 AM   #46
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Chill bro... **** happens, you pick up your pieces and keep moving forward. Good luck getting her fixed up and please buy some track fairings and frame sliders... Peace!

Old July 2nd, 2014, 06:44 AM   #47
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Not everyone takes a bike to a trackday to learn to become a better rider in the street. Some of us go to tracks to cut lose, have fun and go fast, we're called racers. There is nothing wrong with taking a new bike to the track to go fast, hell a good portion of bikes that ever see a track were on a track within their first few rides. If you take good care of your **** then your bike is going to be just as nice when you crash it in its first month or 5 years later. The only difference between one month and 5 years(when you have insurance paying the repairs) is the irony of the situation as we perceive it.

No one ever plans to crash but a track day rider doesn't see themselves pushing the limits and chancing a crash to achieve something. Where a racer who also doesn't plan to crash knows that's its going to happen soon then later because they will be pushing the limits. Cam screwed up when I thought because he was 15 seconds off of the pace someone like me could do on his bike that as long as he was smooth he'd be will within his and the bikes limits. But the harsh reality is there's are to many factors to consider and everyone at any pace is at risk of crashing.

Sure cam could have bought a used sport bike instead of a ducati and this situation would have cost his insurance company so much money, but he didn't he crashed a very expensive ducati and that's that. He didn't start this thread to gather simpathy, or cry about his problems. He chose to accept his humility and tell his story to all of you who will probably never experience this situation as many of us don't crash the same way as another did.

It is ironic because when he brought his bike by my house after first getting it I my dad and I told him not to take it to the track. We said this not because we figured he'd crash it, we said it because **** happens and getting taken out by another rider is always a high possibility. I could be worse, he could have be ass packed by some other rider and currently have a crashed new bike for reasons not his own.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:16 AM   #48
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
I'm not quite sure why you seem to have some sort of vandetta against me.

They gay references when I refer to a good friend of mine. That was uncalled for.

And of now this.
You yet miss everything entirely.

The whole gay thing was just a joke, I think it is cute that you admire rojo so much, it's nice to have someone to look up to, besides why do you care what I, some internet ass clown thinks in the first place?

Now about the bike stuff, never once have I questioned your skill...ever! but the fact that you say that just highlights your faults even more. You are more concerned about me questioning your riding skill than anything else.

Never questioned your skill, I question your judgment, intelligence and your ego

Just read post #14.

Everything is, "I was fastest guy on the track!" "Everyone else sucked compared to me and they are supposed to be fast" "I know my limits" "im so good I won't crash, I'm in control" <--- this kind of **** makes you sound like a train wreck waiting to happen..... and guess what... IT DID!!

Just listening to the way you type/talk on the forum for the past year or so made it clear you were flirting with disaster, unfortunately I am in no position to intervene and even if I was, you clearly would not listen to what I had to say, you gotz skillz after all, you are in total control.

Once you realize that you were the only person at that track day treating it like a motogp race you might start to understand, then when you factor in that you were doing it on a new $13k streetbike that you own $9k on makes it seem all that much better.

You are young, hopefully you learn from your mistakes, and not your actual riding mistakes just for clarification.

I'm really glad you went down at the track as opposed to on the street, I had my concerns.

Good day, best of luck

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:57 AM   #49
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I can't believe insurance companies cover track days, no wonder supersport insurance is so damn expensive.

Old July 5th, 2014, 09:40 AM   #50
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #51
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I can't believe insurance companies cover track days, no wonder supersport insurance is so damn expensive.
Think about that for a minute...

Crash at the track - medics right there, less to hit and damage, no little kids on the track, everyone signed a waiver to not sue the crap outta each other and when it's all said and done... a more skilled rider on the street.

Street - no holds barred, take all you can get.

Yep, I would cover track days too.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2014, 12:48 PM   #52
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Also you have to remember that track days are different from racing. I think that the insurance companies understand that track days are meant to improve riding skills, which should lead to less chance of crashing on the street.

At least that's the way I always saw it.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2014, 05:23 AM   #53
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Think about that for a minute...

Crash at the track - medics right there, less to hit and damage, no little kids on the track, everyone signed a waiver to not sue the crap outta each other and when it's all said and done... a more skilled rider on the street.

Street - no holds barred, take all you can get.

Yep, I would cover track days too.
while this is true, and I do agree with it - SS and SBK insurance rates are outrageous compared to other types of bikes, exponentially so. I can't imagine what a claim would do to the already completely ridiculous premiums they charge. For the cost of a couple of years of full coverage insurance on my 6R, I could buy another track bike. And I have a clean record
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #54
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Even with having full track insurance you still have to shell out most likely at least $500 for a deductible, maybe more depending on which plan you decided to go with. Could have probably got track plastics for cost of deductible.

And like mentioned above now that you have an accident on file probably take you to the cleaners.

Designated track bike FTW