cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
250 down. Target fixation?

Link to original page on YouTube.

cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old March 31st, 2015, 11:37 AM   #2
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
New rider testing his limits a little too much. Tbh it didnt look like any of them were holding a line too well anyway.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Those repsol bikes are overrated, even the pro's can't corner well on them.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old March 31st, 2015, 11:43 AM   #4
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
thats a long video.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2015, 11:48 AM   #5
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

watched most of it but without volume. Your suppose to stay in you own lane correct?
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2015, 11:50 AM   #6
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
that is why there are lines on the road to create lanes.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2015, 11:58 AM   #7
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Camera guy was not riding well either...

Old March 31st, 2015, 12:01 PM   #8
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
that is why there are lines on the road to create lanes.
Think inside your lane, In one area I know they have giant dots on the road to signify distance your suppose be from the person in front of you. I find it a good time to weave through them lol
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2015, 12:18 PM   #9
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Riding past his skill level. Cannot hold a line. My take: rider riding faster than normal. Thought he was leaning too far (poor body positioning and weighting the bars) and did not want to turn more so just perhaps target fixation as he was scared to turn/lean the bike more.

Bad group of riders altogether and it was inevitable.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 31st, 2015, 02:10 PM   #10
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
These guys clearly got some things badly wrong, but I'm pretty impressed at the stuff they got right. Maintained calm after the crash. Looks like they are all in full gear (the guy who crashed is way more protected than I normally am). Reasonable gap between each rider. They called that woman a bitch for shouting "slow down" (she totally deserved it!). The guy with first aid knowledge calmly talked the guy through his situation.

I think they're on a good path. Shame they didn't get a bit more knowledge about cornering before they started group riding at speed. Would be great if they stumbled onto this forum and picked up some riding tips from some of the more knowledgeable peeps here.

Old March 31st, 2015, 02:15 PM   #11
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

All you are bunch of noobs, they were riding on wrong side of the road!!!
Now, I did not state that earlier so I can see if you guys would pass the test.

Old March 31st, 2015, 02:24 PM   #12
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
All you are bunch of noobs, they were riding on wrong side of the road!!!

Nuh-uh. Correct side of the road!

Old March 31st, 2015, 02:30 PM   #13
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

I love how the lady goes by and yells "SLOW DOWN!" It's like are you kidding me? Here we have a guy laying on the ground possibly badly injured and all you can do is twist the knife??? Jesus...

Why were none of them picking up the bike that was down? The two guys standing there not doing a thing at all they should of picked it up to prevent further damage..

+1 I agree with everyone that rider was very inexperienced and even the other riders didn't seem all that good either.

Old March 31st, 2015, 04:20 PM   #14
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
They called that woman a bitch for shouting "slow down" (she totally deserved it!).
+1 million! There's a time and place to say certain things. This isn't the right time or place to make a comment when you see a human being laying on the ground with a wrecked bike next to him.

Last futzed with by cadd; March 31st, 2015 at 11:03 PM.

Old March 31st, 2015, 04:22 PM   #15
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Why were none of them picking up the bike that was down? The two guys standing there not doing a thing at all they should of picked it up to prevent further damage..
Probably in shock of what just happened to their buddy and can't think straight. Besides, I think the bike will be totaled either way. It's a CBR125. I'm sure there's more than $2k worth of damages.

Old March 31st, 2015, 08:08 PM   #16
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
I love how the lady goes by and yells "SLOW DOWN!"
she was wrong anyway. speeds were fine and didn't cause the problem. lack of skill caused the problem... you should know how to turn a bike before trying to go fast on one

Old March 31st, 2015, 09:54 PM   #17
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
she was wrong anyway. speeds were fine and didn't cause the problem. lack of skill caused the problem... you should know how to turn a bike before trying to go fast on one
Seconded, I cringed ~35 seconds in when the camera guy said "check this out" then blew the corner into the other lane while still going way slower than the corner could be taken and proceeded to call it "good riding"

Old March 31st, 2015, 10:05 PM   #18
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
@akima, isn't using the entire width of the road a more accepted practice on your side of the pond?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2015, 01:50 AM   #19
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
@akima, isn't using the entire width of the road a more accepted practice on your side of the pond?
If serious question...

I'm not sure. I don't know what people think of it in the states. I know that over here, some drivers will deliberately use the oncoming lane if they have a clear view of the road so they know that no other cars are coming. I've been in the car with an off-duty police driver who did it and it felt like no big deal. Personally I don't have a problem with people doing it as long as they are skilled drivers, alert and they really do have full visibility of the oncoming lane so they know it's clear.

Personally I don't do it in my car (because my car is slow f***!). I don't do it on my bike because I'm a little bit scared of riding at speed, with lean, over the centre part of the road: the paint can be slippery when moist, crap sometimes collects in the centre of the road and there are usually cats eyes... which might freak me out if I accidentally and unexpectedly hit one and momentarily upset the bike at speed.

I think the kind of speeds I'd have to be going on my bike in order to justify going into the oncoming lane would have to be far higher than what I should be doing on public roads with no run-off.

One thing I have noticed is that in a lot of videos taken of roads in the states, it seems common to have an unbroken white line between the lanes going in the opposite directions. I assume that means the same as over here (do not cross the line). Over here, you generally only see an unbroken white line if it really is a bad idea to be overtaking (e.g. blind corner / hill with no visibility / lots of turn offs on the road / school). The unbroken centre line will return to being broken as soon as the danger is over. Usually the roads have dotted lines separating them so you can overtake if it's safe.

I'm pretty sure the rider filming in the video went into the oncoming lane purely because he lacks cornering skill.

Old April 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM   #20
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
If serious question...

Yes, was a serious question

I'm not sure. I don't know what people think of it in the states. I know that over here, some drivers will deliberately use the oncoming lane if they have a clear view of the road so they know that no other cars are coming. I've been in the car with an off-duty police driver who did it and it felt like no big deal. Personally I don't have a problem with people doing it as long as they are skilled drivers, alert and they really do have full visibility of the oncoming lane so they know it's clear.

yep, wasn't there a video of 2 police training posted here not so long ago, where they also crossed the center line.

Personally I don't do it in my car (because my car is slow f***!). I don't do it on my bike because I'm a little bit scared of riding at speed, with lean, over the centre part of the road: the paint can be slippery when moist, crap sometimes collects in the centre of the road and there are usually cats eyes... which might freak me out if I accidentally and unexpectedly hit one and momentarily upset the bike at speed.

WWCCS = What would CCCowboy say?
Just the eyes? Where is the rest of the cat?

I think the kind of speeds I'd have to be going on my bike in order to justify going into the oncoming lane would have to be far higher than what I should be doing on public roads with no run-off.

One thing I have noticed is that in a lot of videos taken of roads in the states, it seems common to have an unbroken white line between the lanes going in the opposite directions. I assume that means the same as over here (do not cross the line). Over here, you generally only see an unbroken white line if it really is a bad idea to be overtaking (e.g. blind corner / hill with no visibility / lots of turn offs on the road / school). The unbroken centre line will return to being broken as soon as the danger is over. Usually the roads have dotted lines separating them so you can overtake if it's safe.

Yea, it's considered bad form here to use the oncoming lane except for passing. Using it any other way may result in a "Left of Center" ticket.

I'm pretty sure the rider filming in the video went into the oncoming lane purely because he lacks cornering skill.

I aint 100% sure, rider has complete vision throughout and looks to be riding in a very lazy manner.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote