ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 15th, 2014, 05:16 AM   #1
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE, 2014 Ninja 300 SE

My Baby has been Stolen!!!

After waiting all winter, researching and ordering parts, last weekend (April 12-13,2014) was going to me my first time bringing my 2012 Ninja 250 to the track. I spent 2 years planning for this and all week watching videos, studying the track turns, watching twist of the wrist 2 and taking off all electrical parts and prepping. Me and my buddy installed pitbull restraint systems for each of the 3 bikes heading to track. After we finished we loaded up the bikes late thursday night. Friday morning, the day we were supposed to leave i get a phone call from my buddy that the trailer we had them in had been broken into and all three bikes were stolen. Cops showed up and detectives took one of the pitbull stands for prints. Haven't heard anything good yet :cry: I'm fearing the worst. 2 of 3 were uninsured including mine. I've learned my lesson.
7samurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 05:17 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #3
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

That absolutely blows brother... Good luck getting it back from those damn ****ing assholes :angry:

Old April 15th, 2014, 05:41 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
comprehensive type coverage is dirt cheap by itself.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:34 AM   #5
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

that is the worse! effin scumbags, hope they get caught. Probably will eventually get caught doing something else stupid.

Old April 15th, 2014, 07:37 AM   #6
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Thank you guys for the support. I hope these guys are caught before this happens to anyone else. As for coverage I only had liability when she was on the road. Theft and collision would cost me 1200 a year here in NY and since she was a designated track bike I didn't think much of it. 99% she is in the garage or the trailer. Just a poor turn of events.

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #7
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7samurai View Post
After waiting all winter, researching and ordering parts, last weekend (April 12-13,2014) was going to me my first time bringing my 2012 Ninja 250 to the track. I spent 2 years planning for this and all week watching videos, studying the track turns, watching twist of the wrist 2 and taking off all electrical parts and prepping. Me and my buddy installed pitbull restraint systems for each of the 3 bikes heading to track. After we finished we loaded up the bikes late thursday night. Friday morning, the day we were supposed to leave i get a phone call from my buddy that the trailer we had them in had been broken into and all three bikes were stolen. Cops showed up and detectives took one of the pitbull stands for prints. Haven't heard anything good yet :cry: I'm fearing the worst. 2 of 3 were uninsured including mine. I've learned my lesson.
OMG, that's infuriating! I am sooooooo sorry and can't imagine how angry you must be! You should have been experiencing the most exhilierating day of your life on the track, not dealing with cops and a missing bike.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #8
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Ugh, that sucks so much. I'm sorry, bro. I hope you guys are taken care of, and that they catch the jerks who did it.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #9
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Dang, sorry

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Did the trailer or the car it was attached to have insurance? Was this in a drive way of a house that has home owners or renters insurance? Explore your options
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #11
RedPepper64
Kawi Girl

Name: Heather

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Green SE, '13 Ninja 636 Pearl White

Heartache for your missing ninjette. Best wishes on a quick return!

Old April 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #12
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I'll just leave this here
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...nts/24828.html
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #13
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
sounds like a reasonable solution under the circumstances.

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #14
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

That really sucks. Hope they bust the dbags who took them.
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #15
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

That sucks man! I hope you guys get your bikes back
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #16
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Did the trailer or the car it was attached to have insurance? Was this in a drive way of a house that has home owners or renters insurance? Explore your options
The Trailer was in the street in front of his mail box and it was hooked up to the truck however, no insurance covers. Neither car nor home insurance.

Old April 16th, 2014, 06:23 PM   #17
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
Seems like a reasonable punishment at this point i have to let go. Its the only way to be able to purchase another bike.

Old April 16th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #18
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
OMG, that's infuriating! I am sooooooo sorry and can't imagine how angry you must be! You should have been experiencing the most exhilierating day of your life on the track, not dealing with cops and a missing bike.
Tell me about it. I just picked up my 300 so i can track that bike and now I feel empty. She was my first real bike. Ill keep you guys posted either on if she's found or if i get a new bike for track in the future.

Old April 16th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #19
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Again thank you guys for the support. I've been working nothing but doubles. I just want to experience a track day this year.

Old April 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #20
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Again thank you guys for the support. I've been working nothing but doubles. I just want to experience a track day this year.
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159895
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #21
7samurai
ninjette.org member

It's been a week since my bike was stolen and I was starting to lose some hope in getting back to the track anytime soon. This morning I wake up and in the newsfeed of my Facebook i see my GF posted this last night. Geez I'm in Love. She always has a way of showing me whats really important in life. Eachother.
http://www.gofundme.com/8ea8lw

Please post this and share on your Facebook and social media. I will forever be greatful.

Old April 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #22
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
She always has a way of showing me whats really important in life.
First, I'm sorry that your bike was stolen. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if it happened to me. But I'm not sure when it has become acceptable to set up web pages to give charity-like donations for things like this. It's a toy, that you chose to keep uninsured. If it really was a two-year dream and at the top of the list of your priorities, you need to have treated it as such. Asking your friends to pay for your motorcycle is tacky. Elsewhere on this site, a long-term member has set up a similar page for him to be able to get to the track with other people's funds. It's equally tacky.

(And I hope the thieves get ebola)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old April 17th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #23
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
First, I'm sorry that your bike was stolen. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if it happened to me. But I'm not sure when it has become acceptable to set up web pages to give charity-like donations for things like this. It's a toy, that you chose to keep uninsured. If it really was a two-year dream and at the top of the list of your priorities, you need to have treated it as such. Asking your friends to pay for your motorcycle is tacky. Elsewhere on this site, a long-term member has set up a similar page for him to be able to get to the track with other people's funds. It's equally tacky.

(And I hope the thieves get ebola)
Says the guy with enough funds to have 5 bikes all '12 and newer. I could see if I set the account up for myself, but this is not the case. Insurance here doesn't cover track or after market parts as far as I'm aware. So the cost of theft Insurance and what the bike is worth in their eyes after $1000 deductible isn't worth even having unless the bike is financed IMO. If a person went through the trouble and made an account for friends and family to help you out would you immediately tell them thanks but it's tacky and take it down? I honestly respect your straight forwardness and opinion but i would really like to know what you would do in this situation?

Old April 17th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #24
Compooky
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r, 2013 gsxr 600

Quote:
Says the guy with enough funds to have 5 bikes all '12 and newer. I could see if I set the account up for myself, but this is not the case. Insurance here doesn't cover track or after market parts as far as I'm aware. So the cost of theft Insurance and what the bike is worth in their eyes after $1000 deductible isn't worth even having unless the bike is financed IMO. If a person went through the trouble and made an account for friends and family to help you out would you immediately tell them thanks but it's tacky and take it down? I honestly respect your straight forwardness and opinion but i would really like to know what you would do in this situation?
Sorry for your loss. Having your girlfriend ask for donations is nice and all but it became tacky when you asked people to share it. No idea why you spent money ordering parts and etc for your first trackday. It's like washing your bike right before you go off road. If you really just want a trackday, find a place that does rentals.
Compooky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #25
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
$1000 deductible on a $5000 bike, seems like a good idea to me. Even if they don't cover the track they do cover it being stolen whether it was track prepped or not.

I have comprehensive on my dedicated racing bike as well as my dad's 07 250 that's worth less than 2k
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 17th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #26
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
I honestly respect your straight forwardness and opinion but i would really like to know what you would do in this situation?
I'd realize I screwed up, and prepare differently next time. But that's beside the point. The reality is that your friends are going to roll their eyes at you asking to donate for your toy. The few bucks that do come in will be relatively pointless, and the farther the link spreads the tackier your friends will think you are being. It's not a medical issue, you're not being evicted, you're not putting money together to go back to school, or visiting a dying family member, or feeding the orphans, or healing the sick, or housing the less fortunate.

Your trackbike got stolen.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old April 17th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #27
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i don't get it. he has a 300 also? why doesn't he just take that to the track?

Old April 17th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #28
7samurai
ninjette.org member

You guys are right! All i can say is, you don't think of these things till someone objects. I'm glad you guys are truthful enough to point that out. No hard feelings on my end. Tough love is what you call this. I agree completely. I'll talk to her tonite to take it down . Lojack is a must for all of my bikes from here on out and I will prepare as if everyone is going to steal my bike as I pretend everyone is trying to kill me when i ride. Thanks fellas for caring enough sometimes you do stupid things when your desperate. Ill just live and learn like the rest of 'em.

Old April 17th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #29
Compooky
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r, 2013 gsxr 600

Priority should probably be comprehensive coverage first. If your bike ever gets stolen, would you rather get a payout or have the bike recovered totaled or who knows what the thief did to it?
Compooky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #30
b.miller123
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250 2007 Yamaha R6 2003 Honda RC51... sold :(

Damn that sucks. Hope for the best, but just be prepared to never see it again.

I'll just go ahead and say that two years planning for your first trackday is overkill. No wonder it took two years. You bought a seperate bike, and you and your buddy spent nearly a grand on pit bull restraints? Jeebus. Just pay the money, rent a u-haul trailer and buy some tie downs and take whatever motorcycle you have out there. There are guys on clapped out looking pos's all day long, dude's on goldwings, cruisers, bmw gs's, you name it. A bike is only a part of it. Sounds like you still have all your gear. Sell one of those pit bull restraints, buy some cheap tie downs and get your ass out there.

Do it now and don't wait. I didn't know about trackdays until they became somewhat popular and affordable 10 years after I got into riding. Once I found out it was a matter of weeks before my first day.
b.miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2014, 12:48 PM   #31
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
There are guys on clapped out looking pos's all day long
truth. can confirm, i am that guy on the piece of **** $300 rusted 600 going too fast for the ****** tires that haven't been changed in 5 years.

Old April 17th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #32
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Old April 17th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #33
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
t i would really like to know what you would do in this situation?

Probably not beg for money or donations to replace a toy. I work two jobs to avoid having to ask for money and still have enough to live and deal with unexpected **** that comes up. It's not always easy, but it's part of life.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #34
7samurai
ninjette.org member

Thanks guys for the advice.

Old April 17th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #35
evidens83
bike noob

Name: ev

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r(sold) 04 Yamaha R6

That sucks. Karma will catch up to em sooner or later.
evidens83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #36
SonOfTheFonz
ninjette.org member

Name: Fonzy

Motorcycle(s): Janky Ninja 250 2008

Thats terrible bro, i would not know what to do with myself
SonOfTheFonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #37
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I'm not sure how people live with themselves or look in the mirror after doing something like that. That's the bottom of the barrel scum for you. I'm wondering if it was for the thrill or centered around materialism?

Anyways, sorry for the loss.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2014, 09:36 AM   #38
b.miller123
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250 2007 Yamaha R6 2003 Honda RC51... sold :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm not sure how people live with themselves or look in the mirror after doing something like that. That's the bottom of the barrel scum for you. I'm wondering if it was for the thrill or centered around materialism?

Anyways, sorry for the loss.
Thieves are rarely doing it for the thrill. They do it for money. That money either goes to drugs or they just do it because it is easy money.

Good read on the mind of a thief:
http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/..._operator_ama/
b.miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote