ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old March 1st, 2015, 05:08 PM   #1
rebelcoder
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Hello!

Hey guys, new rider from Miami here. Just purchased my first bike... a Ninja 300 a few days ago. Look forward to participating
rebelcoder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Welcome, here are just a few things to think about,

1.Get trained and licensed MSF Courses

2.ALWAYS Wear protective gear -- ATGATT All The Gear, All The Time -- including a helmet manufactured to the standards set by a government agency.

3.ALWAYS Ride unimpaired by alcohol or other drugs

4.ALWAYS Ride within your own skill limits

5.Be a lifelong learner by taking refresher rider courses, and advanced rider course A.R.C*

A.T.G.A.T.T. so I may ride another day. www.rockthegear.org
Attached Images
File Type: png rtg-logo-01.png (24.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 2014 - 1 (13).jpg (31.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg ConstructCrashPhoto-599x268.jpeg (55.3 KB, 0 views)

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2015, 05:26 PM   #3
ryker
chaos theory

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE ; 2007 ZZR600

Welcome, Awesome bike!!

Old March 1st, 2015, 05:34 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Kris!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2015, 05:58 PM   #5
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Hi, Kris! Welcome! Congrats on the new bike!
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2015, 06:23 PM   #6
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Welcome, congrats on the bike.

Old March 1st, 2015, 08:14 PM   #7
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2015, 08:18 PM   #8
rebelcoder
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks guys Took my course, got all my gear, and don't drink and drive. Been driving it around my neighborhood getting used to the controls and learning. So much fun!

Old March 1st, 2015, 08:36 PM   #9
Ghostt
in your machine

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcoder View Post
Thanks guys Took my course, got all my gear, and don't drink and drive. Been driving it around my neighborhood getting used to the controls and learning. So much fun!
Your off to a great start, just remember to take your time, and never ride beyond your limits.

There's an old saying, don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Keep that in mind.

ZX-2R BLOG

Old March 3rd, 2015, 02:15 AM   #10
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2015, 02:18 PM   #11
rebelcoder
ninjette.org newbie

Hey guys, So i've been practicing around my neighbor hood and going off to a few main streets. I'm wondering tho, how long did you guys wait or better said, how long until you felt confident enough to get on the highway?

Old March 6th, 2015, 02:21 PM   #12
ryker
chaos theory

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE ; 2007 ZZR600

Welcome!

Old March 6th, 2015, 02:23 PM   #13
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #14
Ghostt
in your machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcoder View Post
Hey guys, So i've been practicing around my neighbor hood and going off to a few main streets. I'm wondering tho, how long did you guys wait or better said, how long until you felt confident enough to get on the highway?
I'm not going to answer that, just because it all comes down to when you feel your ready, and that's only something you can answer for sure.

Everyone is different, some have been riding since they where kids, some just started today, so you see why that's an impossible to answer.

I would recommend you find a nice big empty parking lot and practice, practice, and more practice, especially panic stops, and evasive maneuvers.

The answer is when your 100% ready, now taking on a busy parking lot at a Wal-Mart is another level.

ZX-2R BLOG

Old March 6th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #15
Ghostt
in your machine

I one more thing, read this, and don't forget it. I'm not trying to scare you, just want to learn from MGBENNY experience

It is why we say A.T.G.A.T.T.

Quote:

I feel the need to share this posting from the EX-500.COM that happened back in 2009, but it's a timeless story,

the lessons from my mistake (somewhat graphic, be careful)

It's a simple enough story, that went totally wrong, by a fellow forum member by the name of mgbenny*

Here is his first post in the long thread, which has over 30,000 views.

Quote:
So. I'm going to try to be direct and straightforward in hopes that anyone who reads this will learn better than I seem to have learned. I made many, many mistakes in the course of this story and I'm aware of them all. If you want to flame, flame away, but I'm already sick over what happened and just don't want it to happen to anyone else.

I had my first wreck Thursday night. I had a passenger, which changed the handling of the bike, and I wasn't careful enough. A turn snuck up on us in the dark, and I ran out of lean and lowsided at about 35 mph. We were just going around the corner for a burrito; no gear, no helmets. (not even going to begin to rationalize any of this. Like I said, this was all a result of many bad decisions on my part, and I completely accept that).

I'm sure we only slid for a second or so but I remember it vividly. The bike threw up a storm of sparks, she landed on me and we went over and over. I remember every time she came over me, I was trying to keep her off the asphalt. Then everything stopped and was silent, and the sickest single moment of my life occurred as I thought "I've killed a person. I've killed her." Then time started up again and she started crying. I called my friend from around the corner who took us to the hospital, where I sat with her for 8 hours while she got checked out.

The damages: I've lost lots of skin. I mean, lots. I've never hurt this badly in my life. It was just skin and I'm uninsured, so I thought "I'll take care of it myself." and declined admission to the ER. Scrubbing it out without morphine is the single most painful 30 minutes I've ever felt.

As far as she goes: she's pretty damn rashed up. Probably worse than me. She split her head open over her eyebrow, and it's swelled her eye shut. Two inches to the left and she would have died instantly. She came down hard on her hip and knee, and can't bend them for the swelling. Her x-rays came back clean, so no broken bones. She's medicated, safe at home, and never wants to see me again. I wouldn't either.

Listen up kids. When you ride 2-up, you take somebody's life in your hands. You had damn well better be prepared for that responsibility. I've spend quite a bit of time today sitting on the floor of my room sobbing that I'm such a jackass that I almost took a life. I took responsibility for another person and failed miserably. It's the sickest feeling in the world and I want to spare you all from it. I would give anything in my entire life for the last two days to have never happened.

Pictures below for the strong of stomach, in hopes of scaring you all into being wise. I would accept this unblinkingly as a damn good warning, had I been alone. But someone I care about is in even worse shape, and I am 100% responsible. I never wanted to know what that feels like.

All but the last photo were taken in the hospital bathroom while she was being x-rayed.

Right arm:

Left arm. This one bled for 10 hours:

Left hand. Note the missing skin. By now, 2 days later, it's peeled back about another half-inch around the abrasion:

Left leg. These were my good, heavy pants. They lasted about 6 inches:

Shoulder to waist. If you look closely, you can see all the buttons ripped out of the shirt and I dragged on that side. There's gravel so deep on my pec that I'll never get it out:

At home:

The nurse sent extra stuff with Catie so I could get cleaned up too. What she didn't send was the several vials of morphine that Catie had in her when then scrubbed her out. Tylenol isn't the same. I screamed, threw up, and passed out cleaning these. And the whole time I'm dealing with the fact that I knew better and was in control, and I did this to somebody else who did NOT have control. Day 2, and it's not any easier to live with.

I tried to be completely frank about how I'm feeling in an effort to make the truth set in on you guys. I was a literal 2 inches away from killing her, because I thought we didn't need gear to go 5 blocks, and because she liked the thrill of leaning and I wanted to impress her. Nobody's impressed now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:54:14 AM by mgbenny »
I consider MGBENNY, my close forum friend, and that is why I'm sharing this, along with my other personal friend Britney "QUEEN B" Morrow's story and website (www.rockthegear.org) on all my post as part of my signature.

And why I'm such a strong supporter of her cause, and A.T.G.A.T.T.

If this post saves just one person, it is worth it, and makes one think before riding with no gear

ZX-2R BLOG

Old March 7th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #16
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

Welcome Kris!