ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Wrecked R6 last night

On bud's r6 last night coming home from eating over at friend's house. 3 blocks blocks or so away from the house. I see truck in front of me slow down and pull over to the rightmost lane. I switch to the left lane next to him to continue on home. Truck decides to pull into my lane in front of me. It hit the brakes, swerved, endo'd, bike falls on my left leg and I push off with me rolling and then slidind on my left side helmet on the road. I layed in the middle of the road face looking at the bike sliding and stopping in the opposite lane. I'm in pain. I can hear the guy calling for an ambulance. He asks if Im okay. Im still laying down saying my legs. Pain subsides as adrenaline kicks in. I can wiggle my toes, I'm ok. I proceed to get up. Guy tells me not to move. I tell him I'm Okay. *insert colorful words* I proceed to the bike, pick it up from the pool of oil that has now all leaked out of the crankcase cover and proceed to push it to the side of the road out of the way. Clip-on is broken, Rear subframe is trashed. Just found out the rear wheel is bent. Police and FD come, I tell them i'm okay and what happen. Officer asks if I hit the truck, I told him no. Since there was no contact, he is free to go. Guy says He is sorry, and hands me his business card saying he will do what he can to help.

Friends bike is has only liability. I have accidental coverage under AFLAC. I suffered sprained wrists, fractured right radius, and busted knees. Left calf is bruised from bike being on top of it. Slider saved my leg and most of the bike. wrecker damaged the tank and fairings on bike. Police wouldnt let me tow the bike home since it was down the road. I ended up paying 155 to get it towed home.

Gear saved me for the most part. ATTGAT.

Called Guy up earlier, he said his lawyer told him he doesnt have to give me anything since there was no contact. He offered 2-300 dollars, I was like that;s not going to do shat. Im in a cast so Cant type. I told him, look. You are lucky you didnt kill me and that I had all my gear on. Least you could do is wipe the slate clean by paying for the damages on the bike. If he does that I can save what's left of the holiday and put it past me. I told him at least 1000 dollars in parts. He then offered 500. I told him no. He said he's not doing so well. He owns a flooring company. Im like look, Ill take payments.

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #2
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

That sucks man, I hope you get better quick and things work out.
robertkh100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #3
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Damn man. Get better.

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

You're supposed to crash the 250, then get the R6. Haven't you been following along?

Sorry about your get-off, and I hope your recovery is swift.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
sorry to hear it man. hope things work out for the best. if you need help i'm sure the forum will be here for you

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Best wishes for a fast recovery. Yay gear!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

I recently binned an r6. keep vigilant with checking eBay for used parts like subframe, wheels, etc. The stuff pops up.

Hope this all weeks out for you and you recover swiftly.
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #8
jpbear
ninjette.org member

Name: JP

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

That really sucks man. Sorry bout the bike and injuries.

What was the speed at the time of the accident?
jpbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #9
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Since he isnt liable i would take the $500. While you can.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #10
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

The guy is being incredibly generous to even answer the phone. Change your attitude, and recognize that the guy is bending over for you, which he doesn't have to do.

Don't ride friends bikes, there's enough of these threads around.

Glad you're okay, take this one on the chin and learn.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #11
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
The guy is being incredibly generous to even answer the phone. Change your attitude, and recognize that the guy is bending over for you, which he doesn't have to do.

+1

Old December 14th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #12
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Glad you're somewhat okay..could've been a lot worse. This is why I won't ride someone else's bike and will not let anyone else ride mine...accidents happen but those involved still end up feeling crappy about the results.

Old December 15th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #13
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Since he isnt liable i would take the $500. While you can.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Quote:

Agreed. Since the cops said he's not liable, there's not much else you can do. The fact that he's even offering money instead of telling to you to bugger off is extremely nice of him. I'm sure he feels guilty for what happened, but if you push him, you probably won't see a penny.

Old December 15th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #14
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

very sorry to hear about your crash bro, I'm glad it wasn't worse. If there is anything we can do for you, just holler out here... Get well soon, god bless and god speed!!!

Old December 15th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
An example of when its better to just let that collision happen. Well maybe not better but, you know
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #16
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:

+2.

You were the one who crashed the bike so take this as a lesson learned. Quit being greedy and be grateful he's actually offering some cash when he doesn't have to. Afterall, you were the one in control of the bike when you crashed, not him.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #17
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Agreed. Since the cops said he's not liable, there's not much else you can do. The fact that he's even offering money instead of telling to you to bugger off is extremely nice of him. I'm sure he feels guilty for what happened, but if you push him, you probably won't see a penny.
Yeah I'm just pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
An example of when its better to just let that collision happen. Well maybe not better but, you know
This is the second time this has happened. Avoided getting hit and got screwed.

Old December 15th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #18
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
+2.

You were the one who crashed the bike so take this as a lesson learned. Quit being greedy and be grateful he's actually offering some cash when he doesn't have to. Afterall, you were the one in control of the bike when you crashed, not him.
No **** kid. I did what I could to stay a live and it worked. I am thankful for it and I just hoped that there is some goodness left in people to man up for their mistakes.

Old December 15th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #19
Z300
Ninja noobie

Name: NOOBIE

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

Hope your alright man, try not to stress to much
Z300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #20
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
I just hoped that there is some goodness left in people to man up for their mistakes.
this is exactly what he is trying to do. 99% of people would have heard the cop say that they aren't responsible for anything, and would just walk away. Any penny this guy offers is out of total generosity. If he's even still willing to give you anything, take it, and please be extremely grateful. Make this guy happy he offered to help you, otherwise he won't be generous to the next guy. This guy is one of the few good people left in this world, don't ruin his helping spirit. You're going to have to share in the guilt on this one. Personally, if I offered the same thing, and someone wanted to argue, and act like a jerk, all offers would be off the table, and I'd forward all calls from you to my lawyer.

And just because he owns a flooring business doesn't mean he's rich.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #21
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Just glad you are okay. Guy cut in front of you and you made the best of a ****** situation and avoided more serious injury. Post crash you need to do the same thing and take the money he is offering...$500 out of pocket and injuries you can recover from, could be much worse. Good luck
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #22
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Glad to hear you're okay for the most part! Heal up, soon, dude!

Quote:
this is exactly what he is trying to do. 99% of people would have heard the cop say that they aren't responsible for anything, and would just walk away. Any penny this guy offers is out of total generosity. If he's even still willing to give you anything, take it, and please be extremely grateful. Make this guy happy he offered to help you, otherwise he won't be generous to the next guy. This guy is one of the few good people left in this world, don't ruin his helping spirit. You're going to have to share in the guilt on this one. Personally, if I offered the same thing, and someone wanted to argue, and act like a jerk, all offers would be off the table, and I'd forward all calls from you to my lawyer.
And this.
BlueHairSar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #23
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
What year r6?

I have a stock rear fender you can have.... lol Maybe the front turn signals too. I will have to check what 06 parts I have extra.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #24
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
No **** kid. I did what I could to stay a live and it worked. I am thankful for it and I just hoped that there is some goodness left in people to man up for their mistakes.
Kid? Really? You're the one thinking you're entitled to **** because it was your fault you crashed. The guy is offering what he can to help and you're bitching about it not being enough, him offering anything is awesome. Take it as a lesson learned, man up and pay what needs to be paid for YOUR mistake. You seem to understand it was your fault but choose to go the American way and blame someone else as well and think you deserve something.

I understand it is a crappy situation but pay your dues and move on with your life and if the guy helps then great, if not then oh well.

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #25
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Quote:
...I see truck in front of me slow down and pull over to the rightmost lane. I switch to the left lane next to him to continue on home. Truck decides to pull into my lane in front of me. It hit the brakes, swerved, endo'd, bike falls on my left leg......
I am confused by what you said. Was the truck in the left lane and then moved over to the right lane or in the right lane and then pulled over to the shoulder? If you were behind the truck and the driver pulled over and you passed on the left did the truck driver come over two lanes?

I become really cautious when anyone in front of me slows and pulls over to the right. To me that signals that they are lost, going to flip a U-turn, or do any number of thing that will hurt or kill me.

Were you overriding the situation? How close were you behind the truck? Was your speed a determining factor? Was there another way out you didn't plan for?

Hitting the brakes + swerving = bad. I know any of us can panic and pull the levers too quick and hard if caught out. If that was that, sometimes it happens.

Quote:
....Guy says He is sorry, and hands me his business card saying he will do what he can to help..... Very adult

....He offered 2-300 dollars, I was like that;s not going to do shat.... Not so much

....I told him, look. You are lucky you didnt kill me and that I had all my gear on. Least you could do is wipe the slate clean by paying for the damages on the bike..... Digging a bigger hole
I understand you were pissed because you wrecked a friends bike and were injured; however, I'd call the driver back and humbly beg him to see if his offer is still on the table. You know though, the guy probably now has one more reason to think that motorcycle riders are greedy a-holes and doesn't give a crap.

take it or leave it.

Jeff

Old December 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #26
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I agree...don't need to plow into the side of him, but at least clip him a little.

Sorry to hear about the accident though and I hope you recover quickly.

p.s.
I guess since you crashed the R6, you have to upgrade your 250 to a R1?
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #27
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

It sounds exactly like what happened to my brother when he was in his car, guy pulls over and my bro tried to pass him. Guy doesn't use blinker and proceeds to try a u-turn. The law is sometimes just stupid, it was on a very busy road where the speed limit is 50 mph and most people do 60 and by a blind turn in the road so slowing down isn't the smartest thing to do. Well the guy lied about using his blinker so my bro was at fault according to the law.

Anyway I think a lot of people need to get off OP's back... it sounds to me that the guy in the truck should be at fault even if the stupid officer says he wasn't. But as many people mentioned I would take the $500 and call it a day, it's a ****** economy and many people can't afford these kinds of expenses.
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #28
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I'd take the 500 while your ahead... that being said, in a situation like this it does the law want us to not avoid contact and just let ourselves get hit?

Old December 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #29
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausoi View Post
Anyway I think a lot of people need to get off OP's back... it sounds to me that the guy in the truck should be at fault even if the stupid officer says he wasn't.
The OP is being greedy and that's why everyone is chiming in. I already stated my opinion on that above so I'll leave that be. But agree with it or not the truck wasn't at fault, he didn't hit the OP. Although it's a tough situation to be in you need to use extreme caution and see what the truck is doing before trying to go around. Now depending on the situation I don't agree with how that aspect of the law works but it's not the officers fault, he's just doing his job. In your brothers situation if he was hit I would've pursued it further in court but in the OP's case there's nothing more he can really do since he wasn't hit. That's a good reason to ride/drive with a camera.

Old December 15th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #30
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Quote:
But agree with it or not the truck wasn't at fault, he didn't hit the OP. Although it's a tough situation to be in you need to use extreme caution and see what the truck is doing before trying to go around.
Pretty sure he didn't "try" and go around. The truck entered his lane without making the proper signal or making sure it was clear which makes it obviously his fault. Seriously read the OP's original post, I know it isn't that clear but that's the impression I got from the first read through. And maybe it's not the officers fault but it sure as hell isn't the op's. And what you are basicly saying is it only matters if he hit him. That's bs.

Old December 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #31
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Pretty sure he didn't "try" and go around.
Re-read it again.
Quote:
I switch to the left lane next to him to continue on home.

Quote:
And maybe it's not the officers fault but it sure as hell isn't the op's. And what you are basicly saying is it only matters if he hit him. That's bs.
It's both the OP and the drivers fault, but the OP lost control of the bike which is what ultimately caused him to crash. And basically with the law, in a nutshell, if you don't hit someone and they wreck themselves they can't charge the driver for his actions. I don't agree with that since every situation is different, but that's what court is for.

Old December 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:

^
This.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #33
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Quote:
Re-read it again.

It's both the OP and the drivers fault, but the OP lost control of the bike which is what ultimately caused him to crash. And basically with the law, in a nutshell, if you don't hit someone and they wreck themselves they can't charge the driver for his actions. I don't agree with that since every situation is different, but that's what court is for.
This isn't completely true. I had a buddy that had a car pull out in front of him, and he endo'd his bike without touching the car. The car was cited at fault.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #34
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

You can't argue with a moron. This is proven to me time and time again. Just my 2c.

Old December 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #35
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/short break

Tone it down folks, this is a crash thread.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #36
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
This isn't completely true. I had a buddy that had a car pull out in front of him, and he endo'd his bike without touching the car. The car was cited at fault.
Good for him then. Most of the time I never see the person who startled the person who crashed get charged.

Quote:
You can't argue with a moron. This is proven to me time and time again. Just my 2c.
I guess just because we have different points of view that must mean I'm a moron. Grow up and realize people can have a discussion and just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I think less of you, but you apparently haven't matured enough to realize that yet. The immaturity from some people on this forum never seems to amaze me.

Good luck to you OP, that is all.

/derailed thread

Old December 15th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #37
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
the police are not judges. you need to exchange insurance info with driver. if the police stop you from doing that get the police info and report to your insurance.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #38
Byakkotai
ninjette.org guru

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300

Powerful stuff that adrenaline is, heal up OP
Byakkotai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #39
zCasanova
ninjette.org member

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250r

I don't understand why you'd let someone ride your bike when you only have liability. Everyone knows the risk you take when you get on a bike, not only physically, but financially, as well. There are no simple fender-benders in the motorcycle world, even the smallest drop can cause hundreds of dollars of damage. It isn't like motorcycle insurance super expensive, either.
zCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #40
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I had a somewhat similar thing happen -- driver pulled into my lane without checking and I swerved to miss; his insurance took liability. For whatever it's worth.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote