Old October 31st, 2015, 10:37 AM   #81
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
Lorenzo somehow managed to turn a situation that doesn't concern him into a negative for himself. It's amazing really..... All dude had to do is stay out of it and he would have gained fans. Instead he most likely lost fans.
wouldn't necessary say this was an event that did not concern him.
1. he is part of the safety council for MotoGP(last I remember)
2. Every rider should be concerned about the behavior of both Marquez and Rossi in this race. both were seeing red and were a danger to anyone they encountered until one of them was eliminated.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2015, 12:39 PM   #82
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
wouldn't necessary say this was an event that did not concern him.
1. he is part of the safety council for MotoGP(last I remember)
2. Every rider should be concerned about the behavior of both Marquez and Rossi in this race. both were seeing red and were a danger to anyone they encountered until one of them was eliminated.
Well then he should have lashed out on both parties not just Rossi. Honestly, he should have just kept his mouth shut. He made him self look very.... well nvm.

Old October 31st, 2015, 06:27 PM   #83
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

http://starmotorcycle.com/marquez-vs-rossi/

Jason Pridmore's take.

Old November 3rd, 2015, 07:48 AM   #84
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
From HRC -

‘The data from Marc’s bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash,’ confirmed Nakamoto.

Full article: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...uez/28393.html
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2015, 07:54 AM   #85
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
From HRC -

‘The data from Marc’s bike shows that even though he was picking up the bike trying to avoid contact with Valentino, his front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash,’ confirmed Nakamoto.

Full article: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...uez/28393.html
Don't matter how great you are, if your on the brakes and you get a jolt like that, more brakes are going to be applied.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old November 3rd, 2015, 07:54 AM   #86
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
still speculation as to what that "impact" was

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2015, 08:07 AM   #87
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Yamaha's response -

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Official Statement

Gerno di Lesmo (Italy), 3rd November 2015

We refer to the press release issued by Repsol Media Service on Sunday 25th October 2015, titled “Pedrosa wins and Marquez crashes after unsportsmanlike kick from Rossi”, as well as the press release issued by Honda Racing Corporation on Monday 2nd November, titled “Q&A with Shuhei Nakamoto, HRC Executive Vice President”.

Yamaha would like to express its disagreement with the words that have been used to report on the incident between riders Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez.

Both press releases included words that accuse Valentino Rossi of kicking Marc Marquez‘s bike that is something not proven by the investigation of the Race Direction.

We therefore reject the wording used in the said published statements that do not correspond with the findings of the Race Direction.

Yamaha has no wish to enter into further discussion regarding this unfortunate affair and our desire is to conclude the 2015 MotoGP season in the best possible way.

We go to Valencia with the clear intention of trying our best to win what we hope will be a memorable final race with all riders and teams competing in an exemplary sportsmanlike manner befitting the top category of motorcycle racing.

https://motomatters.com/press_releas...fficial_s.html

Old November 3rd, 2015, 01:08 PM   #88
jkv45
Rev Limiter

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
The drama continues with Jorge making a move -

By Tom Roderick November 3, 2015

In what appears to be a total dick move, Jorge Lorenzo’s lawyers yesterday filed a Request for Intervention in order to be able to participate on his behalf in the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s (CAS) arbitration between Valentino Rossi and the FIM. Today, the CAS informed the parties that Lorenzo’s request was denied. Accordingly, the CAS arbitration will continue only between Rossi and the FIM.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/11/0...back-at-honda/

Old November 3rd, 2015, 02:23 PM   #89
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Fun times at Team Yamaha...
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2015, 02:23 PM   #90
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Every bit of this sucks
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 05:45 PM   #91
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Every bit of thisJorge sucks
FTFY.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 4th, 2015, 07:20 AM   #92
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

^^^ had to thumbs down you on that one lol. All three of the riders are accountable for their own actions, and while Jorge should have taken the high ground, in reality the most recent CAS interaction from him is no worse then VR taking it there in the first place. I would argue it was less as VR is trying to get away with breaking the rules.

Therefore I reinstate my original comment: Every bit of this sucks

Last futzed with by sharky nrk; November 4th, 2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Added a grin to make sure it comes off as intended - light hearted

Old November 4th, 2015, 07:27 AM   #93
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
So MM was strung up on adrenaline, playing a game with Rossi to be a bugger, gets a little excited when Rossi pushed wide to make a point. Then he jumped out of his skin when suddenly there was a knee nudging him in the side and he squeezes the lever a little harder out of surprise.

"back off, grasshopper."
"WHAAAA!!"
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old November 4th, 2015, 07:41 AM   #94
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
^^^ that gif is the best scare evar!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #95
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

It's pretty clear in the slow motion video that Marquez rammed Rossi before Rossi ever moved his leg. Marquez should have backed off when Rossi went wide, he chose to be overly aggressive, like he always does, and rammed Rossi. Rossi's leg move is a bit hard to figure out, but what do you think you would do if you're riding and someone rams you in the side? You'll probably say, "GET THE %&*# OFF ME," and push away from them.

Rossi made more than a couple "WTF" movements and gestures toward Marquez in the preceeding laps and right up to the crash. Marquez was just being the whiny little ego driven jackwagon that he always is.

Rossi sounded a little paranoid with his comments toward Marquez before the race though, and he definitely shouldn't have said them. He should have known that they would only inflame Marquez and that his (Marquez's) total lack of self control would get the better of him. Once on the track though, Marquez escalated it. We could tell when watching the race before the crash that one of both of them was going to crash. We could tell it was personal, and we were surprised that race direction let it go on. It was basically a fight, not a race.

Lorenzo will get the championship though. Even if CAS overturns or delays the penalty, Marquez won't let Rossi finish ahead of Lorenzo. Marquez will kamikaze into Rossi if he has to, to prevent Rossi from taking the championship. That's the kind of whiny, "it's not my fault," asshat that he is. Think about it, have you ever heard him take responsibility for something that he screwed up?
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2015, 12:45 PM   #96
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Not a Lorenzo fan to be sure, but I think it's a shame that all this nonsense has pulled attention away from what he's legit accomplished this year. He's been a machine for awhile now, riding consistently well and largely without drama. Just keeping his head down and getting the job done, no muss, no fuss. That's not exciting to watch, but it's what wins championships.

If he wasn't such a jerk people would notice that.

I'd much rather see Rossi win, but if -- er, when -- Jorge does, he'll have earned it in my book on the strength of his overall performance during the year. Even without the penalty, a Rossi championship was far from assured.

I'm reminded somewhat of the Schumacher era in F1. There were years where nobody paid any attention to Schumacher during the races because he was so reliably out front, just motoring along, that it was boring to keep the camera on him. It's almost like that today, with Hamilton. Not quite, because Nico can and does challenge him.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2015, 01:14 PM   #97
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

The thing about this is whole debacle that saddens me is I have seen some things this season that are just astounding, and from each of the three guys in all the drama.

I mean VR has brought himself back, at age 36 and from the humbling experience of failing at Ducati, and turned in a championship winning season, not with his outright speed as he is no longer the fastest guy on the track, but with consistency, experience, and race craft that only he possesses.

Marquez has basically ridden the unrideable with the 2015 Honda. Getting poles and winning races on a bike that is (especially at the beginning of the season) a train wreck on the limit. Anyone that watched his COTA qualifying lap witnessed the damn near impossible.

And Lorenzo set an all time record, besting CS27s 102 consecutive laps led, doing what no one can do like he does; set down such a grueling pace that no one can follow. Being so accurate and consistent that it defies believably.

And then we got PI 2015, one of the all time greatest races seen, at one of the all time greatest tracks..........And this is what we are left with instead.

Old November 5th, 2015, 06:50 AM   #98
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[kropotkin thinks...] - CAS Rejects Valentino Rossi's Request To Suspend Penalty: Wil

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected Valentino Rossi's request for a stay of his penalty, given to him at Sepang. The 3-point penalty, handed to him at Sepang for the incident he was involved in with Marc Marquez, means he will start from the back of the grid for the final race of the season at Valencia.

Rossi will still be entitled to participate in Q2, if he finishes in the top ten after the three sessions of free practice, but the position he secures in Q2 will not count for his grid position. Everyone who qualifies behind him will be moved forward one position on the grid.

The CAS ruling is only on Rossi's request to have the penalty suspended for Valencia. The full case will still be heard in front of the panel of arbitration, but that will still take between six and twelve months, and will have no impact on the outcome of the the 2015 championship. It also means that Rossi has now served his penalty, and he will not have to serve it again after the hearing has completed.

read more

Old November 5th, 2015, 07:56 AM   #99
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Good

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #100
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015 - 1 (31).jpg (103.5 KB, 6 views)

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2015, 09:32 AM   #101
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjette Newsbot View Post
Rossi will still be entitled to participate in Q2, if he finishes in the top ten after the three sessions of free practice, but the position he secures in Q2 will not count for his grid position. Everyone who qualifies behind him will be moved forward one position on the grid.
So...what this means is rossi can target lorenzo in the same way that marquez targeted him in an effort to slow lorenzo's qualifying times

Old November 5th, 2015, 02:10 PM   #102
jkv45
Rev Limiter

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
I believe this is legit -

Old November 5th, 2015, 02:25 PM   #103
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
hmm, I wonder what would happen if rossi pulled a senna

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old November 5th, 2015, 05:03 PM   #104
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Not sure if I read it here or on my local forum but it would be so cool if the whole grid parted to let VR shoot up the middle!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #105
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Not sure if I read it here or on my local forum but it would be so cool if the whole grid parted to let VR shoot up the middle!
I was thinking the same. Not going to happen, but few will slow him down when they know it is val trying to pass.

Old November 6th, 2015, 06:36 AM   #106
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I hope it starts raining just before the race, just after the warm up lap. Then everyone will run to the pits and all start from the back and we will have an actual title battle like we all want to see!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2015, 07:23 AM   #107
adouglas
Cat herder

My take-this-to-the-bank prediction:

The smart move for Lorenzo would be to ride very conservatively and to protect the points -- but I don't think he'll do it. I think he wants to spike the ball and plant that stupid flag of his one more time to really put his mark on the season.

Outcome:
Lorenzo
MM
Dani
?? but probably one of the Ducatis. I'd say Iannone, on the hunt for another seagull. (RIP Gavin https://www.facebook.com/motogpseagulls)

Rossi will make the top 8 for sure, top 6 maybe but I don't think he'll reach the lead group from all the way in the back unless there are crashes.

I expect he'll dispose of half the field very quickly, then hang out and save tires before pushing toward the front in the last third of the race. From there, he'll gain another few positions before encountering resistance that he can't overcome in time.

The front of the grid will probably sort itself out within two laps and become a parade thereafter.

This race will be boring as hell if nobody important crashes.

Old November 6th, 2015, 09:22 AM   #108
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

I'm hoping Dani and Marquez take 1 and 2, with Lorenzo no higher than 3. That would mean Rossi would have to get up to 5 to win the championship, which I don't think is impossible. His biggest hurdle to get there will probably be the two factory Ducatis.

I won't be surprised if Marquez is gunning for Rossi though.

Old November 8th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #109
adouglas
Cat herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
My take-this-to-the-bank prediction:

The smart move for Lorenzo would be to ride very conservatively and to protect the points -- but I don't think he'll do it. I think he wants to spike the ball and plant that stupid flag of his one more time to really put his mark on the season.

Outcome:
Lorenzo
MM
Dani
?? but probably one of the Ducatis. I'd say Iannone, on the hunt for another seagull. (RIP Gavin https://www.facebook.com/motogpseagulls)

Rossi will make the top 8 for sure, top 6 maybe but I don't think he'll reach the lead group from all the way in the back unless there are crashes.

I expect he'll dispose of half the field very quickly, then hang out and save tires before pushing toward the front in the last third of the race. From there, he'll gain another few positions before encountering resistance that he can't overcome in time.

The front of the grid will probably sort itself out within two laps and become a parade thereafter.

This race will be boring as hell if nobody important crashes.
Close on the outcome....

Lorenzo
MM
Pedrosa
Rossi

The whole cast of the soap opera rode flawlessly. Well done.

Old November 8th, 2015, 11:58 AM   #110
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Marquez never made an attempt to pass Lorenzo. Not a single try. As soon as Pedrosa tried though, Marquez was right there to block him.

Marquez and Lorenzo.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 8th, 2015, 12:21 PM   #111
Ducati999

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Great finish to a tainted season. MM stayed in second and did nothing. Danni showed he could have won but (maybe) waited too long to bring the speed and Rossi showed he was capable of winning had he started from closer to the front. Not far off from what everyone expected. I think next year will be interesting with MM and the Goat both looking over their shoulders for the other and possibly just possibly the year Pedrosa could be king?

Old November 8th, 2015, 02:14 PM   #112
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
off topic... every time I see "MM" I think Matt Mladin...I know he was AMA not Motogp.

back to topic....
Personalities a side...Lorenzo did work for it this year and he made everyone else up their game as well.
Rossi would of had the win no doubt if it wasn't for the drama. MM is playing the game as well as racing, he does hold other riders back but that is part of the game within racing.

Old November 8th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #113
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Holding riders back so YOU can win is one thing. Holding riders back so SOMEBODY ELSE can win is completely different. MM tarnished this whole season. Dorna should take him out behind the woodshed.

Old November 8th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #114
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
maybe he had a side bet on the race?

motives can vary, it's not just who wins but the position each one finished. Holding someone back so they cannot advance past you is racing.

Old November 8th, 2015, 03:27 PM   #115
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

That would normally be a valid point, but in this case, Marquez didn't make a single attempt to pass Lorenzo. He had many opportunities, didn't even try. When has he ever done that? When he's that close to somebody, he's like a maniac trying to pass them. Not one inkling of his usual aggressive self, right up until Dani passed him, then it was back in a flash.

He never lets a silly thing like not having the pace get in his way, he still tries to bull his way through. When Rossi ran him down in Argentina, Marquez crashed himself out trying to overtake him when he clearly didn't have the tires and pace to do so.

It's clear that Marquez threw this race and blocked Pedrosa when you compare his ride today with his previous races.

Old November 8th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #116
Ducati999

I believe you are right Ralgha I feel MM held back and simply followed Lorenzo to protect his championship. He proved (like you said) he could go faster when Pedrosa passed but he just fell back in line after Danni ran wide. I heard reports that he blamed Rossi for his crash in Argentina and that was the reason he did the stupid pass at Assen. He crashed again and I believe that is when he decided to crush Rossi's chances. Rossi calling him out just fuled the flames and MM does not like the taste of his own medicine. Anyone who has followed his career has seen Marquez take out other riders but they obviously were not as good at staying vertical as Rossi. Next year should be chapter 2 as neither Rossi or Marquez will be over their issues with each other!

Old November 8th, 2015, 07:12 PM   #117
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
I agree if MM did not protect JL from DP, he and DP would have had 1 and 2 and the man MM hated would have been camp.

Old November 8th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #118
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
see... motive.

Some people Will do anything to prevent others from advancing (this case becoming champ). He should be racing to win each race, how the points play out should not matter (unless it's to benefit himself).

Old November 8th, 2015, 08:39 PM   #119
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
I don't believe Marquez was protecting Lorenzo. Lorenzo had a killer pace going on the whole race. He was 40s faster over the whole race then last year(MM won). I don't think Marquez had enough to pass early and was waiting for the last lap pass. He still has many years to go of battling Lorenzo and a last lap pass in the last race of the year would give him a huge psychological advantage for next year.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old November 8th, 2015, 10:02 PM   #120
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

When has MM ever waited for the last lap to fight for the lead when he's on them like a trailer?

He fights like a crazed animal for each and every position from the word go. Today was glaringly different, it had to be intentional.