ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 1st, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Labor Day PSA: Keep your head up

If you're riding out on Labor Day, exercise some extra caution. There's more drinking and drivers tend to be more distracted. After Labor Day weekend, things get a bit more hectic. People go back to their normal schedules and in many places, kids are back in school. Moms and Dads are in a rush to drop off/pick up the kids from school and then getting them to their soccer or karate practice in time. They're on their cell phones calling to say they'll be late or that they're on their way. The last thing on their mind is looking out for a motorcycle.

Be extra cautious around school zones. Little kids running across the street or teenage girls gawking and texting on their cellphones without looking both ways before crossing. Highschool kids driving around on their lunch break or after school. You were a teenager once right? You weren't the most attentive driver.

Give yourself a bit more time if you commute on your motorcycle. Use your head, keep it up and arrive safe.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #2
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I feel you. I'm up in the Kenosha, WI area. With labor day & the 110th anniversary of HD going on at the same time it's crazy. I almost got ran off the road by on coming traffic at least five times yesterday.

One guy came into my lane and I had to go over onto the shoulder to avoid him!

Old September 1st, 2013, 07:14 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM   #4
bfpower
ninjette.org mafioso

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Labor day here is insane. There's a massive rodeo and the population of the town more than doubles for the weekend. Almost everyone is drunk for the majority of the weekend. In fact, my wife went to the fair about 11 this morning to pick up her entries and the arts superintendent was still drunk from last night. They suspend the public drinking ordinance, close off the streets downtown, and it's wall to wall people.

I rarely go out Labor Day weekend but if I do I never take the bike. I did go pick up pizza tonight and there were some HD riders slamming from a brown paper bag in the parking lot before riding away... some people's kids.
bfpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM   #5
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

This is my first Labor Day in 5 years I won't be up at Chico State

rasta is offline   Reply With Quote