Closed Thread

Old September 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #41
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Tar and feather the lot, make sure it's rightly boiled

Camera man sucked, the bike riders need home training, and the range rover needs new windows

Old September 30th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #42
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
So who wants to join me and @CycleCam303 for the S.F. Friday night ride this month?

Old September 30th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #43
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

The main issues I have with the actions depicted in this video are as follows.
  • Bikers ****ing with the SUV - This is just stupid...
  • The brake check - Even more stupid
  • Bikers acting out in a seemingly non-resonable manner. -Why was there no good guy biker that helped diffuse the situation? If I was in the ride I'd like to think I'd try and stop others from hurtin the driver because a stupid person purposefully braked checked him.
  • The driver running over multiple bikers - although self defense being a valid reason to injure assailants association does not imply intent! The run over bikers may have been completely innocent.

Maybe its because I'm still very young but I like to think that things would have gone smoothly if I stepped out of the vehicle and tried to discuss things with the most seemingly reasonable person there.

Old September 30th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #44
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

So...many...squids...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #45
jackliu239
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

I read that after the initial impact of the SUV, which was caused by the biker slam on his breaks, they all surrounded his vehicle, and start to kicking and damaging his car, this probably made him fear for his life (with wife and young daughter inside), and if this were true, I have full sympathy for the driver.

However if the bikers didn't do any physical violence to the vehicle or the driver/passengers in the initial impact, and the drives just want to hit and run, then I fully support the motorcyclist chasing him down, but not what they did to him in the end, however, I guess emotions and group mentality took over.

Whatever the case, if this goes viral, it won't be good for all of us responsible riders.

Old September 30th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #46
deeno415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki EX250(Bright Yellow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
So who wants to join me and @CycleCam303 for the S.F. Friday night ride this month?
Is that happening this Friday?

Old October 1st, 2013, 03:32 AM   #47
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion007 View Post
  • The driver running over multiple bikers - although self defense being a valid reason to injure assailants association does not imply intent! The run over bikers may have been completely innocent.
Whether the bikers that got run over were aware of this or not... they were using their bikes and their bodies to box-in someone who was under attack. I don't think that makes them entirely innocent.

If only one person was attacking me, but surrounding me was a group of people in a circle making it difficult for me to run away; I would consider that group in the circle to be part of the attack.

I recognise that we don't have all the info though, so I'm not declaring any kind of sentence should be passed or that any given person was definitively right or wrong. I'm not happy that the bikers got run over.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:49 AM   #48
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu239 View Post
However if the bikers didn't do any physical violence to the vehicle or the driver/passengers in the initial impact, and the drives just want to hit and run, then I fully support the motorcyclist chasing him down, but not what they did to him in the end, however, I guess emotions and group mentality took over.

Whatever the case, if this goes viral, it won't be good for all of us responsible riders.
If the driver had wanted to do damage to the bikers, he would have run them over from the start. Once the brake check happened, there was like 20 seconds before the driver took off. That 20 seconds (IMHO) is long enough for the other bikers to approach the vehicle and make the guy want to escape to protect his family. Also, the initial bikes he hit were in front of him and had not pulled off the side. If you are not part of an accident, you pull over when you stop.... you don't stop in the middle of the road. This was wayyy too "mad max" like.

I can't resist a jab at NYC.... if the guy had a CWP, everyone might have just sat there on the side of the road until the po-po arrived.

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:00 AM   #49
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion007 View Post
The main issues I have with the actions depicted in this video are as follows.
  • Bikers ****ing with the SUV - This is just stupid...
  • The brake check - Even more stupid
  • Bikers acting out in a seemingly non-resonable manner. -Why was there no good guy biker that helped diffuse the situation? If I was in the ride I'd like to think I'd try and stop others from hurtin the driver because a stupid person purposefully braked checked him.

Maybe its because I'm still very young but I like to think that things would have gone smoothly if I stepped out of the vehicle and tried to discuss things with the most seemingly reasonable person there.
Blocking the driver from escape makes them accessories to the assault. They also belong in jail after they heal from their injures.

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:02 AM   #50
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
I'm with the SUV on this. i think he was just trying to protect his wife and BABY when they started attacking the truck. one of the started beating on the back window where the baby was.

The deserved to be run over and where asking for trouble from the start. I hope the make some arrests soon. These kind of people need to be off the street.

It gives us all a bad name.

And the local news reported on this, there was no deaths.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM   #51
lgk

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

looked like RR Guy got jumped.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:09 AM   #52
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
^ Looks like a guy is recording with his tablet.

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM   #53
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Just wanted to post a couple things:

Rider that got run over:

Eyewitness account:

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM   #54
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng View Post

Rider that got run over:

Eyewitness account:
Did you know him? Or someone in the group?

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...

Old October 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM   #55
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@FvnnyL3tt3r1ng: good find. I'm skeptical of the "pushed his way into the back of the group of riders" comment.

I can't take any comment about the way someone else was driving seriously from riders that dress like squids and ride like pillocks.

What I can believe is that the media isn't telling the whole story. It rarely does.

Old October 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM   #56
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Jails and prisons are full of murders that " didn't do nothing" yea it was my gun, yeah those were my fingerprints, sure I had blood on my clothes, an a body in the trunk but seriously y'all got the wrong guy... I went to jail once or twice in my past, very few people say yup I did it

Old October 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM   #57
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Saw pieces of the video on KTVU channel 2 this morning. The sequence of cut and pasted video was backwards! They started with the guy bashing in the window, then showed another guy trying to open the door and the car taking off, then showed the brake check and love tap. They showed all the scenes of the biker aggression, but they somehow missed the part when the range rover was leaned over 45 degrees running over bikers. I am no fan of these thugs, but the way it was shown on tv painted quite a different picture. Despicable media. Funny thing is, it is the same channel that showed the hilarious/racist captain names after the asiana flight crash in sf. Captain We Tu Lo and Ho Lee Fuk! lol

Old October 1st, 2013, 09:32 AM   #58
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
Saw pieces of the video on KTVU channel 2 this morning. The sequence of cut and pasted video was backwards! They started with the guy bashing in the window, then showed another guy trying to open the door and the car taking off, then showed the brake check and love tap. They showed all the scenes of the biker aggression, but they somehow missed the part when the range rover was leaned over 45 degrees running over bikers. I am no fan of these thugs, but the way it was shown on tv painted quite a different picture. Despicable media. Funny thing is, it is the same channel that showed the hilarious/racist captain names after the asiana flight crash in sf. Captain We Tu Lo and Ho Lee Fuk! lol
I don't follow the news anymore because of exactly this kind of thing. These news organisations can take any set of information and present it in such a way as to suggest whatever conclusion they want. Even the "better" news channels do the same thing, they're just better at manipulating the story; they do it in a more subtle fashion.

Old October 1st, 2013, 09:32 AM   #59
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
They showed the entire vide and in the proper order on my local news and reported it fairly neutral. I was surprised.

Old October 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM   #60
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeno415 View Post
Is that happening this Friday?
It's a joke. What you saw in the video is exactly what the Friday night
rides are like. Except replace angry SUV with the entire San Mateo sheriff department....

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM   #61
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Another video of the same group. Same guy who posted the RR video.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Acting like shitheads seems to be a common theme for them.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM   #62
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by FvnnyL3tt3r1ng View Post

Rider that got run over:

Eyewitness account:
I stopped reading after he claims the media has it all wrong cause they weren't there and then proceeds to give a he said she said from his "friend he rides with that was there." I don't doubt his squid friend told him it was all the SUV's fault.

Those rider's got some balls in that mob. Come after my wife and son like that and your squid friend can tell you how well a face shield stops a .45.

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM   #63
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1472419

They arrested the asshat that brake checked the SUV and it looks like one of the guys that got run over might be paralyzed.

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM   #64
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
I do not wish that for anyone but if you play with a bull... I hope they send him and his wheelchair to jail

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM   #65
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
if you are gonna hang out and run around with idiots be prepared to pay for their mistakes.

At any point during the entire law breaking group ride any of the "innocent" riders could have made an educated decisions and said "you know what, these guys are stupid, I am better than this, i'm outta here"

I grew up hanging out with a pretty nasty group of kids, we were friends and they never pressured me into doing things, sure they would be suggestive but, I could always say no, or when they starting doing something I knew was wrong just tell them, "hey, this isn't for me, i'm outta here but ill see you guys tomorrow." and if they would have given me any flak I would have said **** off!! so much for being friends

If I would have stuck around doing stupid **** and got busted with them despite being a by standard I would have only had my own dumb *** to blame.

Its unfortunate this guy got hurt but he can thank himself and his "friends" for it, maybe if he gets another chance he will make smarter decisions

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM   #66
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

I just posted a warm and uplifting comment on the douche bags youtube account....I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell. If you watch all their other videos they just ride around blocking streets and wait for someone to get pissed, then they swarm the car and mess it up. I hope they all looose their license and get their **** packed in jail.

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM   #67
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1472419

They arrested the asshat that brake checked the SUV and it looks like one of the guys that got run over might be paralyzed.
play stupid games...

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM   #68
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
I just posted a warm and uplifting comment on the douche bags youtube account....I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell. If you watch all their other videos they just ride around blocking streets and wait for someone to get pissed, then they swarm the car and mess it up. I hope they all looose their license and get their **** packed in jail.
Honestly i'd be surprised if most of them even had a license to begin with.

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:23 PM   #69
jackliu239
ninjette.org member

It's sad, I think most of those bikers would never act like this when riding alone. Somehow when you are in a group, the collective IQ drops to single digits.

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM   #70
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Just to clarify the rider that is in a coma wasn't the one that brake checked the SUV. I've read that rider got his legs broken though.

an eyewitness account

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...v-incident-nyc

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM   #71
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu239 View Post
It's sad, I think most of those bikers would never act like this when riding alone. Somehow when you are in a group, the collective IQ drops to single digits.
its not about they IQ dropping, its about power over other individuals and the law.

when in a group they feel as if they are immune to getting shot, run over, beat down, or locked up...

reality proves otherwise.

Old October 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM   #72
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R and '13 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
all I can say is if I was in the cage with that many guys surrounding me I would have shot the guy in the face trying to open my door....next guy smashing window with helmet...shot to the face. These are biker fags, all of them. SUV shouldn't have run over them, but if it had been me, and my family was in the car, I would kill everyone to save their lives. Maybe thats just me, but that's survival of the fittest.

P.S. these **** heads have watched Biker Boyz one to many times. suprised I didn't see one of them decked out in yellow leathers with a yellow bandana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4px View Post
I can't resist a jab at NYC.... if the guy had a CWP, everyone might have just sat there on the side of the road until the po-po arrived.
But even if you're fortunate enough to be a legal CCW permit holder in New York State (no permits in the city...) you can only have those pussy little 10rd magazines, he'd have a lot of reloading to do.

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #73
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ah, someone cobbled together a collection of other videos from the same rider.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #74
jackliu239
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizzle View Post
But even if you're fortunate enough to be a legal CCW permit holder in New York State (no permits in the city...) you can only have those pussy little 10rd magazines, he'd have a lot of reloading to do.
Depends on 10rd of what? 10rd of .22 you are better off using the pistol as a rock, but 10rd of 45acp packs a lot of firepower.

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM   #75
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
Honestly i'd be surprised if most of them even had a license to begin with.
I know, prob only a handful did

Old October 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM   #76
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

This riders YouTube page is michelinman900. All of his videos are from this camera and same mount. Has some other videos of their group going after cars

Old October 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM   #77
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

Wow, wtf. I'd do the same thing. If I were alone then maybe I'd roll down the window to see what's up, but when a group starts swarming my family, damaging my car, I'm not sticking around. And if you're in the way then tough luck bub, cause you don't matter to me anymore

Old October 1st, 2013, 04:53 PM   #78
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Best future Range Rover commercial

When life places obstacles in your path you can count on our Rover's to get you up and over them and on your way, whether they be mountains or mountains of motorcycles.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM   #79
rasta
Your face

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

To be honest, I'm not sure the bikers' response was THAT unreasonable. Obviously now that I know the driver was just a guy trying to protect his family, I can understand his actions. But in the heat of the moment, the only thing most of these bikers saw was some crazy SUV running people over. I'd be PISSED if I saw someone hit my friend and drive away. Not saying I'd chase him down, pull him out of his car, and beat him up in front of his family.

After all, this was New York, that greatest city in the world

Old October 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM   #80
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
Another video of the same group. Same guy who posted the RR video.
Acting like shitheads seems to be a common theme for them.

These guys are a disgrace for motorcycling !!!

With friends like these, who needs enemies ???

Closed Thread