Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

2 close calls omw to work today

Link to original page on YouTube.

Luckily I saw the deer and slowed down before it would have hit me and the truck driver looked right through me and then the other way and never looked back until i passed him.

ride like you're invisible, people...

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #2
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Wow, police officer right behind that truck, hope he pulled him over. You should've honked at the douchebag at the very least.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Asspire
Fix It Till Ya Break It

Name: Asspyre

Motorcycle(s): 08 250RRrrrr

popo no give ticket??
Asspire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #4
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Wow, police officer right behind that truck, hope he pulled him over. You should've honked at the douchebag at the very least.
Nope, there were 3 cops in the parking lot behind the truck, all of which turned the opposite way of the truck (same way as me) and they never did a damn thing. I had to react so fast that the horn wasn't much of an option. I'd rather have a firm grip on the bars than beep at him and loose a bit of control.

edit: i was also wearing my new gloves which still aren't broken in and still stiff, that definitely helped my decision not to bother searching for the horn while avoiding him. If you pause as soon as it hits 8 seconds you can see all three police cars....

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Live2ride

The cop obviously saw the whole thing, you can see him stop abruptly as i go around the truck.

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
Luckily I saw the deer and slowed down before it would have hit me and the truck driver looked right through me and then the other way and never looked back until i passed him.

ride like you're invisible, people...
The deer was kind to you, the trucker never look hard enough to spot you, invisible little dot.

Great save !!!

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #7
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
The deer was kind to you, the trucker never look hard enough to spot you, invisible little dot.

Great save !!!

Thanks and yea, I also want to point out that I DID have my highbeam on the entire ride, so not only did he not see my bike, but he didn't see my insanely bright H.I.D. light shining in his face......

Old May 26th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #8
250rr

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Thanks and yea, I also want to point out that I DID have my highbeam on the entire ride, so not only did he not see my bike, but he didn't see my insanely bright H.I.D. light shining in his face......
That is sobering. Which is good cause I'm tanked. Ha! See what I just did? Huh?
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #9
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Consider yourself lucky for not being pulled over for failure to stop for the pedestrian in the crosswalk? You were clearly too busy acknowledging the other riders to see the pedestrian standing there ready to cross, or the truck that was already in the middle of the street way before you got there.

I'd consider rethinking how fast you drive through that section of road..
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
you were also moving a bit fast for that street. Watch the truck, he was pulling out long before you got there...

Glad you're alright and didn't hit anything. Good job remembering that the bike can turn to avoid obstacles as well as slow down, but I don't see it as much of a close call as you do.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #11
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Consider yourself lucky for not being pulled over for failure to stop for the pedestrian in the crosswalk? You were clearly too busy acknowledging the other riders to see the pedestrian standing there ready to cross, or the truck that was already in the middle of the street way before you got there.

I'd consider rethinking how fast you drive through that section of road..
I certainly saw the pedestrian on the crosswalk as well as the line of cars in the oncoming lane who weren't stopping for her. Please tell me you stop for every pedestrian every time in every vehicle you own ( bitch, please ). I was going 5mph below the speed limit and the fact that I waved to a fellow rider to look up and find a truck completely blocking my lane shows the amount of time I had to react. The truck was inching out of the parking lot and paused before I waved therefore justifying the time I allocated towards the wave. Were you the one driving the truck? Lol, because you sure as hell don't see who is clearly at fault here.

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #12
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
you were also moving a bit fast for that street. Watch the truck, he was pulling out long before you got there...

Glad you're alright and didn't hit anything. Good job remembering that the bike can turn to avoid obstacles as well as slow down, but I don't see it as much of a close call as you do.
When I took my eyes off the road for a second while waving that's all it took to lose focus on the road just ahead. It just shows some of the dangers of riding and how a split second makes a big difference. I was going about 5mph below the speed limit which equates to about 20mph. I agree that I should have kept my eyes on the road and not looked at the bikes. I always found it a shame that so many accidents I see on YouTube could have been avoided by simply dodging the obstacle instead of trying to stop as fast as you can.

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #13
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Deers be crazy yo!

The truck thing.... dumb on his part but it's part of riding in a congested area. You had plenty to time to stop if you needed to. Why? because you should have seen it well in advance. The cops around my parts would have pulled you over for weaving around the truck like you did. They would have seen it as unnecessary risk.

In general, when surrounded by distracted people/cars/trucks/riders, you have to be the one on your toes.

Nice work reacting to the issues though. Happy this was an uneventful post.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #14
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I certainly saw the pedestrian on the crosswalk as well as the line of cars in the oncoming lane who weren't stopping for her. Please tell me you stop for every pedestrian every time in every vehicle you own ( bitch, please ). I was going 5mph below the speed limit and the fact that I waved to a fellow rider to look up and find a truck completely blocking my lane shows the amount of time I had to react. The truck was inching out of the parking lot and paused before I waved therefore justifying the time I allocated towards the wave. Where you the one driving the truck? Lol, because you sure as hell don't see who is clearly at fault here.

Yes, I stop for pedestrians. It's the law and common courtesy. Check mirrors to make sure cars behind are stopping, and slow down. The pedestrian was on YOUR side of the street, they don't need the other direction to stop until YOU stop.

I just find it very, unbelievably ironic that you're complaining about someone not giving you the right of way, when you didn't yield to the pedestrian that had the right of way.

You had eons to react to the truck. He was in the middle of the road and creeping forward. To continue at your speed and wave to parked riders isn't the way to stay safe on the road, I don't care who was at fault. It wasn't a close call at all, and should have been even less so if you had been focusing on what you should have been. Distractions will kill you. Eyes on the road.

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #15
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Deers be crazy yo!

The truck thing.... dumb on his part but it's part of riding in a congested area. You had plenty to time to stop if you needed to. Why? because you should have seen it well in advance. The cops around my parts would have pulled you over for weaving around the truck like you did. They would have seen it as unnecessary risk.

In general, when surrounded by distracted people/cars/trucks/riders, you have to be the one on your toes.

Nice work reacting to the issues though. Happy this was an uneventful post.
Certainly dumb on his part and I didn't have ample time to stop once I looked back and saw him there. When I saw him my hand was just coming back down to the clutch and I didn't feel like risking a drop or running into him, I weighed my options and I feel like I chose wisely. Its a shame that a cop would pull you over for something like this. Its not the riders fault that some moron decides to drive out in the middle of oncoming traffic and block the entire lane . There are tons of distractions on the road and I'm certainly glad I avoided the truck but that's the last time I take my eyes off the road going through town.

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #16
Live2ride

Quote:

Yes, I stop for pedestrians. It's the law and common courtesy. Check mirrors to make sure cars behind are stopping, and slow down. The pedestrian was on YOUR side of the street, they don't need the other direction to stop until YOU stop.

I just find it very, unbelievably ironic that you're complaining about someone not giving you the right of way, when you didn't yield to the pedestrian that had the right of way.

You had eons to react to the truck. He was in the middle of the road and creeping forward. To continue at your speed and wave to parked riders isn't the way to stay safe on the road, I don't care who was at fault. It wasn't a close call at all, and should have been even less so if you had been focusing on what you should have been. Distractions will kill you. Eyes on the road.
Eons is a vast overexageration but I will certainly give you the benefit of the doubt that I was distracted. I was looking at the bikers before the wave and took my eyes off the road too long. I'm not going to argue over the whole pedestrian thing though, if you wanna discuss that shoot me a pm.

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #17
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
I certainly saw the pedestrian on the crosswalk as well as the line of cars in the oncoming lane who weren't stopping for her.
Too many at fault here if there was an accident. Everyone disregarded the traffic device in the middle of the street.

As far as the deer goes, well he clearly was not inside a crosswalk, intersection or deer crossing.

In fact he crossed the hwy illegally without regard to county ordinance, hwy traffic laws or regulations.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #18
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Law varies state by state, but it usually is not necessary to slow down or stop to allow a pedestrian to cross. The law says to yield to a ped. in the crosswalk but they are supposed to wait to cross until it is safe to do so. If the guy was still on the sidewalk he has no legal requirement to slow or stop.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #19
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
Law varies state by state, but it usually is not necessary to slow down or stop to allow a pedestrian to cross. The law says to yield to a ped. in the crosswalk but they are supposed to wait to cross until it is safe to do so. If the guy was still on the sidewalk he has no legal requirement to slow or stop.
I hope you know your own state laws...

Quote:
Respect the right-of-way of pedestrians. Always stop for any pedestrian crossing at corners or other crosswalks, even if the crosswalk is in the middle of the block, at corners with or without traffic lights, whether or not the crosswalks are marked by painted lines.
Quote:
Crosswalks

A crosswalk is the part of the roadway set aside for pedestrian traffic. Most intersections have a pedestrian crosswalk whether or not lines are painted on the street. Most crosswalks are located at corners, but they can also be located in the middle of the block. Before turning a corner, watch for people about to cross the street. Pedestrians have the right-of-way in marked or unmarked crosswalks.

Crosswalks are often marked with white lines. Yellow crosswalk lines may be painted at school crossings. Most often, crosswalks in residential areas are not marked.

Some crosswalks have flashing lights to warn you that pedestrians may be crossing. Look for pedestrians and be prepared to stop, whether or not the lights are flashing.

Old May 27th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #20
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Eons is a vast overexageration but I will certainly give you the benefit of the doubt that I was distracted. I was looking at the bikers before the wave and took my eyes off the road too long. I'm not going to argue over the whole pedestrian thing though, if you wanna discuss that shoot me a pm.
It is, agreed. Sounds like you get the point, well aside from that one law that you want to disregard. It looks like VA laws are still a little antiquated with regards to "stopping", but given the state, I guess its par for the course.

Old May 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #21
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I hope you know your own state laws...
Well, that's not law, that seems like a DMV publication, but that only says that you have to stop for someone who is crossing, and technically, if they aren't in the road yet, they aren't crossing yet.

I'd have to see what the law actually says.

Old May 27th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
I wonder how the OP managed offending so many people in 8 seconds?

-8 drunk cruiser riders
-1 distracted pedestrian
-1 truck driver ready to cross a double yellow line after blocking an intersection with such little vehicle.
-2 patrol officers who were fine with the above described move but not so with an evasive maneuver graceful performed by said offender.

......maybe the deer has some complaint as well.......

Very curious is, however, that the only butt that was in danger during those 8 seconds was OP's.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #23
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

-8 drunk cruiser riders
-1 distracted pedestrian
-1 truck driver ready to cross a double yellow line after blocking an intersection with such little vehicle.
-2 patrol officers who were fine with the above described move but not so with an evasive maneuver graceful performed by said offender.

Very curious is, however, that the only butt that was in danger during those 8 seconds was OP's.
Don't forget 13 self righteous forum posters.

Old May 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #24
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Well, that's not law, that seems like a DMV publication, but that only says that you have to stop for someone who is crossing, and technically, if they aren't in the road yet, they aren't crossing yet.

I'd have to see what the law actually says.
it doesn't matter what the law says. "Yield" is a very ambiguous term, and you can easily get pulled over for failure to yield to a pedestrian. No judge would throw that out based on anything.

Either way, you can certainly choose to be the jerk who doesn't stop for people in cross walks in congested "downtown" situations.

the photo says it all. there's obviously a ton of hazards in this area. Stopping for the pedestrian would have a, been the courteous thing to do for the pedestrian, b, allowed the op to wave all he wanted to the cruiser riders, c, avoided the conflict with the pickup that was clearly already in the middle of the road, and finally d, not made him look like a speeding irresponsible motorcycle rider in a congested area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pedestrian.jpg (48.5 KB, 12 views)

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #25
Live2ride

Quote:
A) it doesn't matter what the law says. "Yield" is a very ambiguous term, and you can easily get pulled over for failure to yield to a pedestrian. B) No judge would throw that out based on anything.

C) Either way, you can certainly choose to be the jerk who doesn't stop for people in cross walks in congested "downtown" situations.

the photo says it all. there's obviously a ton of hazards in this area. Stopping for the pedestrian would have a, been the courteous thing to do for the pedestrian, b, allowed the op to wave all he wanted to the cruiser riders, c, avoided the conflict with the pickup that was clearly already in the middle of the road, and finally d, D) not made him look like a speeding irresponsible motorcycle rider in a congested area.
A) This makes you sound full of incompetence

B) That is speculation and I have video proof that the pedestrian only set her foot NEAR the crosswalk when I was within about 6 feet of it, while she was looking the opposite way the ENTIRE time unaware of my ability to stop or not. Therefore it would have been unsafe for her to cross and she was never within the crosswalk making my driving completely legal.

C) Honestly, the name calling is so juvenile and you are being completely close-minded even when proven to be wrong.

D) (Congrats you made it to 4 incompetent complaints! ) As I've already said, I was not speding and have never sped through town for obvious reasons, I have said it before and will say it again, I was going 20mph which is 5mph under the speed limit allocated for that road.

I'd also like to point out that the distance seen in a video recorded through a gopro camera (especially at 720p), is distorted from the actual distance. The objects in the video are certainly closer than they appear which is probably why you think I had "EONS" to react. Please feel free to continue trolling. luckily I have the day off and therefore lots of free time to continue this pointless and fun time we are sharing together.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #26
Live2ride

Quote:

-8 drunk cruiser riders
-1 distracted pedestrian

Idk why people seem to have been offended, the whole point of me posting this was to show a couple examples of the dangers of riding. I would've stopped to ask the deer if she had complaints but she just kept running and never looked back. I guess she was just antisocial .

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #27
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
quotes taken out of context
Not directed at you, and i'm not offended at all, btw. The point being made is way more generic than you're taking it, and if you take a step back out of defense mode, you'd probably agree. People in general, who don't stop for pedestrians when they should, are jerks. At a second glance, I don't think you'd have gotten a ticket given how close you were when the woman started walking, but it definitely stood out to me when I first watched the video, mostly because the police in my town pull everyone over for stuff like that. And the speed thing, you're right, it probably is the video, the fish-eye lenses take speed out of context for sure.

I just see a failed ability to sense danger zones. Maybe its because I ride solely in the city that I ride a lot more conservatively in situations like that. Crazy things happen. That woman could have had a kid that you couldn't see because of the bikes, a dog that started trotting ahead, etc. I also get cut off like that truck did to you almost every day. I'd have just slowed down, understood the guy was there way before I was and is having a hard time getting out of the lot, let him pass, and move on. We all get stuck in situations like that, and wish someone was actually nice and let you out. You obviously handled the situation as good as you could have given when you became aware of it, and I think you understand that you probably should have been a little more aware.

enjoy your day off.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #28
Live2ride

Quote:
Not directed at you, and i'm not offended at all, btw. The point being made is way more generic than you're taking it, and if you take a step back out of defense mode, you'd probably agree. People in general, who don't stop for pedestrians when they should, are jerks. At a second glance, I don't think you'd have gotten a ticket given how close you were when the woman started walking, but it definitely stood out to me when I first watched the video, mostly because the police in my town pull everyone over for stuff like that. And the speed thing, you're right, it probably is the video, the fish-eye lenses take speed out of context for sure.

I just see a failed ability to sense danger zones. Maybe its because I ride solely in the city that I ride a lot more conservatively in situations like that. Crazy things happen. That woman could have had a kid that you couldn't see because of the bikes, a dog that started trotting ahead, etc. I also get cut off like that truck did to you almost every day. I'd have just slowed down, understood the guy was there way before I was and is having a hard time getting out of the lot, let him pass, and move on. We all get stuck in situations like that, and wish someone was actually nice and let you out. You obviously handled the situation as good as you could have given when you became aware of it, and I think you understand that you probably should have been a little more aware.

enjoy your day off.

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #29
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Shoot the deer and call it a day!

As too being close calls, yeah if you went a little faster the deer and you would have been roadkill. In town definately slow it down and anticipate that
pedestrians and cagers will do stupid things.

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #30
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
Shoot the deer and call it a day!

As too being close calls, yeah if you went a little faster the deer and you would have been roadkill. In town definately slow it down and anticipate that
pedestrians and cagers will do stupid things.
Deer are out of season . I actually saw the deer before this trimmed clip of the video, it was zig zagging by the car in front of me trying to find an opening and I slowed down pretty drastically awaiting it's crossing.

Old May 28th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #31
fry1024
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 650R & 2007 Buell Blast

Quote:
+1

Stopping at a crosswalk to allow a pedestrian to begin crossing is a good way to get yourself rear ended. Some say it's a common curtsy to stop and allow someone to cross, but keep in mind you may be putting yourself in danger, the person crossing in danger, other drivers in danger and not to mention inconveniencing the drivers behind you. In WV a pedestrian must stop, look both directions and only proceed when there's a safe break in traffic.
fry1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #32
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
it doesn't matter what the law says. "Yield" is a very ambiguous term, and you can easily get pulled over for failure to yield to a pedestrian. No judge would throw that out based on anything.

Either way, you can certainly choose to be the jerk who doesn't stop for people in cross walks in congested "downtown" situations.

the photo says it all. there's obviously a ton of hazards in this area. Stopping for the pedestrian would have a, been the courteous thing to do for the pedestrian, b, allowed the op to wave all he wanted to the cruiser riders, c, avoided the conflict with the pickup that was clearly already in the middle of the road, and finally d, not made him look like a speeding irresponsible motorcycle rider in a congested area.
Considering that if the pedestrian could simply continue walking and would not have been struck by the OP, he was not failing to yield. If you think that you always have to stop just because someone is getting close, you are the jerk who forces people to stop behind you when it isn't needed.

Old May 28th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #33
Live2ride

How about everyone just give it a rest and move on? Feel the love, ya'll. Feel the love.

Old May 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #34
outasight20
ninjette.org member

Name: Weezy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Yamaha FZ6

My opinions after reading all previous replies:

Nice timing on the deer, could have ended badly.

Pedestrian was not in the crosswalk. Depending on traffic behind you, I would have probably stopped based on my mood. However you didn't break any laws by not stopping.

Regarding the truck, I would have seen him pulling out well in advance and slowed down. Probably wouldn't have swerved around him, but definitely would have flipped him the bird or honked the horn.
outasight20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #35
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Considering that if the pedestrian could simply continue walking and would not have been struck by the OP, he was not failing to yield. If you think that you always have to stop just because someone is getting close, you are the jerk who forces people to stop behind you when it isn't needed.
I've been there. I've sat in your shoes and cursed the guy in front of me who stopped for a pedestrian, let a car out, or didn't gun it through a yellow light. I've honked at someone who had the audacity to back out of their driveway on a busy road in rush hour.

And then one day, I looked around. I realized that I was stopping for pedestrians, and not gunning it through yellow lights on a regular basis. It wasn't a conscious decision, but I had started to see the big picture, and it didn't involve being impatient. Drives in traffic became less stressful, and seeing the thankful look on the face of pedestrian or driver who has been waiting for an opportunity to pull out in an endless line of cars brightened my day. I started living a happier life. Call me a hippy, or whatever you find appropriate, but some day, the same thing might just happen to you. Until then, I'll enjoy being that one friendly guy driving a wrx or motorcycle that doesn't fit the stereotype. The cars behind me are just that, behind me.

Old May 29th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #36
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I've been there. I've sat in your shoes and cursed the guy in front of me who stopped for a pedestrian, let a car out, or didn't gun it through a yellow light. I've honked at someone who had the audacity to back out of their driveway on a busy road in rush hour.

And then one day, I looked around. I realized that I was stopping for pedestrians, and not gunning it through yellow lights on a regular basis. It wasn't a conscious decision, but I had started to see the big picture, and it didn't involve being impatient. Drives in traffic became less stressful, and seeing the thankful look on the face of pedestrian or driver who has been waiting for an opportunity to pull out in an endless line of cars brightened my day. I started living a happier life. Call me a hippy, or whatever you find appropriate, but some day, the same thing might just happen to you. Until then, I'll enjoy being that one friendly guy driving a wrx or motorcycle that doesn't fit the stereotype. The cars behind me are just that, behind me.
The problem isn't pissing off the impatient jack ass behind you, the problem is the impatient jackass behind you not paying attention and slamming into the back of your car when you stopped unnecessarily.

All I'm saying, is that if a pedestrian is waiting at a cross walk, they should keep waiting until there is a clear time to go, and the cars should not be stopping for them if they don't have to, it puts others at risk of a collision.

Old May 29th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #37
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
The problem isn't pissing off the impatient jack ass behind you, the problem is the impatient jackass behind you not paying attention and slamming into the back of your car when you stopped unnecessarily.

All I'm saying, is that if a pedestrian is waiting at a cross walk, they should keep waiting until there is a clear time to go, and the cars should not be stopping for them if they don't have to, it puts others at risk of a collision.
worrying about the cars behind you is another whole discussion, but ignoring pedestrian laws will get you a ticket in a large number of places in this country, regardless of your person opinion.

Old May 29th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #38
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
worrying about the cars behind you is another whole discussion, but ignoring pedestrian laws will get you a ticket in a large number of places in this country, regardless of your person opinion.

And wrongly interpreting them will put you in danger.

Old May 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #39
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
And wrongly interpreting them will put you in danger.
Not my interpretation, but those of the police officers that I observe pulling over other cars who fail to stop.

Old May 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #40
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Am I the only person who noticed the truck tried to pull into a car??
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote