Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 20th, 2015, 07:06 PM   #1
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Ever been to a psychic?

I went to one today... I'm not a believer in that type of stuff and I think it's all a huge scam pretty much, but a friend of mine went and told me all about it and I got very curious so I went to the same one.

she read my palms and had me shuffle cards and read the cards and then told me about my energies or whatever. first off, she was smokin hot, like in her late 20s with olive skin and green eyes and dark hair that somehow faded to silvery hair, and I wondered if she got people to believe her based on her appearance. definitely no old hag with a wart on her nose.

my friend said that she got everything right with him and nothing wrong. but in my case she got most of the things wrong. she told me I've been in love twice before (not true) and that I have trust issues (also not true) and asked me about my proposal for marriage (never happened) and told me she sees a trip in my future with water (nothing like that planned). she told me I have a temper but that I'm also very quiet (neither true) and that I'll be married one day and have two boys, three years apart (who knows?). she also told me that there are people at my job who want to bring me down, or don't want me there (know for a fact none of that is true! and I only work with 4 people). she also told me almost word for word some of the things she told my friend, about being a kind hearted person but getting taken advantage of because I am a 'giver' and I don't get back in return... one thing she got right is that I was in a relationship with somebody who now lives very far away from me (wow, what are the chances???) but she said he is trying to convince me that he's changed and trying to re-start the relationship, and don't believe him and just move on (have moved on, none of the above is true anyway)

so I think it's pretty much bullshit. I do think that there are some people who are more able than others to pick up on someone else's vibe or energy or whatever, to be more in tune to reactions and disposition and how you act portraying what kind of person you are. but I do not believe in palm reading and tarot cards, and I think this particular person got more things wrong about me than she got right. I did not correct her on anything.

have any of you been to a psychic and what was your experience?

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old July 20th, 2015, 08:02 PM   #2
crazymadbastard
I'm crazy,your excuse is?

Name: Winston

Motorcycle(s): 250 2007 ninja

Better off calling Miss Cleo next time.
I can tell you that I see a very positive energy coming over the
webs from you.

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:48 PM   #3
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
How much did that cost you?

Old July 20th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #4
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
nothing, since my neighbor paid me $50 to water her plants for a week

$50 for a 'life reading'

****ing scam lol

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:25 PM   #5
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Hypnosis is a simple concept. Pacing and leading. This is a massively oversimplified generalization, but when you tell someone a true thing, you build rapport. Trust builds with more truth, and continues until an individual feels at ease with another. The sense of rapport enables one to expose subconscious clues or ticks which reveal how the person is feeling; ie- body language.

You name is.... True.

You live... true.

The sky is blue... true

When someone says something mean, you feel angry... true.

Another true thing about you is.. true..

Now I tell you something to see how you react... okay, true again; we are getting somewhere.

Pacing and leading. Proper pacing softens the hardest skeptic. Leading guides the interaction in a predictable direction.

If you show a dog his tail, he will chase it. If you convince a dog that your hand is more important than his tail, he will follow it.

Pacing, and leading. Tell me a little about yourself, and now tell me a little more. (Rhetorical)

Now we are getting somewhere.

You lead for a bit, and feel as if you're in control. Now I subtly shift, and fall into step behind you.

The trick is stepping in front, in such a way that you still feel as if you are leading.

Now tell me about that thing that's on your mind that you've been not mentioning but thinking about. Now you lead, now I pace. Now I lead, now you think what I think...

Oh wait, it's been an hour and that will be 50 dollars please. See you again next week and we will pick up where you left off.

It's no different from astrology. Complete and utter BS playing on the heartstrings of the very thing that makes us feel most human. A burning desire to be understood and appreciated.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 21st, 2015, 12:36 AM   #6
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
My mom was a psychic, several of my friends in high school were polytheistic and believed in that crap, and my ex girlfriend was a satanist. I've followed it closely and even tried to see if it was real. All bullshit. I even did that silly Satanism ceremony where you redact Christ as your messiah and dedicate your soul to Satan, write your name in blood, and burn the note.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2015, 04:29 AM   #7
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
I even did that silly Satanism ceremony where you redact Christ as your messiah and dedicate your soul to Satan, write your name in blood, and burn the note.
You gotta do what you gotta do to get in the pants
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 21st, 2015, 12:21 PM   #8
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
I'm a dyslexic agnostic: don't know whether I believe in dog or not.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old July 21st, 2015, 02:00 PM   #9
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
my mom is a huge hippy, so i've met lots of people who claimed to be psychics. one german lady though... she was spooky. she could look at someone and know exactly what was going on in their head. very good intuition and she used it well to make some money as a fortune teller. she gave really good massages too. her accent made it almost impossible to understand though.

Old July 21st, 2015, 06:49 PM   #10
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

I have had some strange dreams that come to pass in a uncannily accurate fashion of circumstances that are highly improbable.

But that could probably be attributed to the same mind funky stuff that make De ja vu happen////

so whatever. I know that Psychics are BS.

One did tell me I was a slave in Egypt in a past life...... my gf at the time was really into psychics and the same psychic told her she was an Egyptian princess in a past life.
I think that psychic was just telling her whatever she wanted to here...
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2015, 10:40 PM   #11
blink.
ninjette.org member

Name: Blink

Motorcycle(s): a few

Nope, If I wanted to get scammed I could just browse Craigslist for a cheap bike.
blink. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2015, 11:52 PM   #12
corksil

^^^ or browse CL for a hot date and end up in bed with a transsexual.

It's happened to more than a few acquaintances of mine. Don't laugh, it's a serious problem where I live. Can't be sure who's who anymore... strange times, indeed.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 03:04 AM   #13
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
^^^ or browse CL for a hot date and end up in bed with a transsexual.

It's happened to more than a few acquaintances of mine. Don't laugh, it's a serious problem where I live. Can't be sure who's who anymore... strange times, indeed.
I'm dtf with trans girls. Especially if they've had the surgery because no risk of pregnancy. I mean, theres still diseases, but its one less thing.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 06:15 AM   #14
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

no, the only person in control of my life is me... and that's questionable at best.

I believe psychics are much like magicians. We all know the coin didn't come out of my ear, but it sure looked that way.

if it gives a person a confidence boost or a better feeling about themselves, great.

I just can't believe the cost, and some people become dependent on it... to the point of financial ruin.

Old July 28th, 2015, 01:44 PM   #15
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

I've had tarot read a few times, the thing is everything they say is so general that it could apply to anyone.

"I see a change coming in your life" True at most times for most people to some extent.

"You recently took a trip to a place where I see water" Most places people go on vacation have water of some sort, and most people have taken a trip recently enough to think this is spot on.

"You've had your heart broken and it took a long time to mend" Everybody has.

It depends a lot on whether you go in wanting to believe it or not, we humans are incredibly good at finding confirming evidence to justify our preconceived notions and ignoring anything disconfirming.

Check out my music at http://www.proteusmusic.com
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #16
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I've had tarot read a few times, the thing is everything they say is so general that it could apply to anyone.

"I see a change coming in your life" True at most times for most people to some extent.

"You recently took a trip to a place where I see water" Most places people go on vacation have water of some sort, and most people have taken a trip recently enough to think this is spot on.

"You've had your heart broken and it took a long time to mend" Everybody has.

It depends a lot on whether you go in wanting to believe it or not, we humans are incredibly good at finding confirming evidence to justify our preconceived notions and ignoring anything disconfirming.
Just watched the Ouija board episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit last night. They did a test, and blindfolded the subjects as well as flipped the board 180 degrees without their knowledge. The participants moved their hands to where they thought the "yes" and "No" options would be haha. and then they had a psychologist explain exactly what you just did, but all sciencier.

Old July 28th, 2015, 11:55 PM   #17
corksil

If you're desperate enough to pay someone for a sense of understanding and stability in your life, you're desperate enough to believe what they say.

If anyone would like a psychic reading, please measure the length of your big toe in inches, multiply that by seven, subtract 9, add 45, and that will be the day of reckoning plus 56 days from now.

If you don't do this, you will have bad luck for 36 days. If you do this, you and someone you love will be shown a sign within the next 4 minutes. Call that person and talk to them precisely when you see the sign.

If you both see the same sign, you are raving f*cking lunatics.

Old July 29th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #18
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13

If psychics are legit, then why do they have to advertise psychic fairs?

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2015, 08:02 AM   #19
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

^ reminds me of the joke my gf tried on me. Pick a number from 1 and up, then multiply by 4, then divide by your number, now take that number an correlate it to the alphabet letter. Next think of a country that starts with that letter. Take the second letter of that country and think of animal that starts with it. Now think of a color.

One issue, the math always comes out to 4=D=Denmark=Elephant=Grey, to bad the animal I picked wasn't an elephant and color wasn't grey. As for Denmark, its the most common country that most know that comes to mind, there are only 4 countries that start with D. Trick, nope just the ability to know mostly what people will choose.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #20
Vagabondesss
ninjette.org member

Name: Safia

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I had one psychic tell me I have "good bike Karma" and that I won't have any bad incidents on my bike, and another one tell me that "I will live to be an older woman". These were just random people.

I always keep both those things in mind when I'm about to do something stupid.. I haven't died yet..so...:P

Website Facebook Instagram Twitter
Vagabondesss is offline   Reply With Quote